PDA

View Full Version : Our defense is pathetic

JD
03-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Besides Myers and Leopold.. who else do we have?

I'd be completely fine with our forwards for next year, assuming we release neids, grier and connolly while filling in with a proving PP QB..

But our back end? Atrocious. A lot of their let downs have led to goals. Obviously, Miller should be able to save the majority of them but the odd man rushes happen far too often. We've allowed the most goals on the PP.. it's just embarrassing.

We are really suffering without Tallinder and Lydman.

chernobylwraiths
03-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Besides Myers and Leopold.. who else do we have?

I'd be completely fine with our forwards for next year, assuming we release neids, grier and connolly while filling in with a proving PP QB..

But our back end? Atrocious. A lot of their let downs have led to goals. Obviously, Miller should be able to save the majority of them but the odd man rushes happen far too often. We've allowed the most goals on the PP.. it's just embarrassing.

We are really suffering without Tallinder and Lydman.

Leopold?! He is the worse defenseman we have. Defensively speaking.

Ebenezer
03-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Leopold?! He is the worse defenseman we have. Defensively speaking.
...and Myers was on the ice for each of the last three goals...they simply melted for no real reason today.

JD
03-20-2011, 11:43 PM
...and Myers was on the ice for each of the last three goals...they simply melted for no real reason today.
I don't buy this melted for no reason bs.. I think the reason they melt when they have a lead is because they are told to protect, protect, protect.. WHICH WE CANNOT DO! Why not go for the throat with the three-goal lead? That's a Lindy issue right there.

Ebenezer
03-20-2011, 11:55 PM
I don't buy this melted for no reason bs.. I think the reason they melt when they have a lead is because they are told to protect, protect, protect.. WHICH WE CANNOT DO! Why not go for the throat with the three-goal lead? That's a Lindy issue right there.
The record proves you wrong. They were 31-0-0 in the regular season last year and are 19-2-3 this season when leading after two periods.

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2011, 05:49 AM
The record proves you wrong. They were 31-0-0 in the regular season last year and are 19-2-3 this season when leading after two periods.

Well, something is wrong. They have lost 7 2 goal leads this year according to WGR this morning tying for the most in the NHL. I wonder if that means losing 7 games after leading by 2 because I know they have lost 2 goal leads and still won, like in the Boston game recently.

SabreEleven
03-21-2011, 06:00 AM
I blame Lecter's mom, it was her birthday.

Ebenezer
03-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Well, something is wrong. They have lost 7 2 goal leads this year according to WGR this morning tying for the most in the NHL. I wonder if that means losing 7 games after leading by 2 because I know they have lost 2 goal leads and still won, like in the Boston game recently.
I'm saying I'm thrilled but JD makes it sound as if this team collapses all the time. That's just not true.

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm saying I'm thrilled but JD makes it sound as if this team collapses all the time. That's just not true.

True, but you know that is mostly about being young. Something either has to suck or it is the greatest. There is really no middle ground. As an old curmudgeon like yourself, I know virtually everything is middle ground.

Ebenezer
03-21-2011, 09:48 AM
True, but you know that is mostly about being young. Something either has to suck or it is the greatest. There is really no middle ground. As an old curmudgeon like yourself, I know virtually everything is middle ground.
Actually, I typed that wrong...I am not thrilled that they have blown five games when leading....

chernobylwraiths
03-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Actually, I typed that wrong...I am not thrilled that they have blown five games when leading....

I know you did. Wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

Ebenezer
03-21-2011, 10:11 AM
I know you did. Wouldn't make any sense otherwise.
just clarifying for others.