• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Dear NFL and Players...

Everyone just give in a little, go make your millions and billions, STFU and play some football. Most of us fans won't ever see a tenth of your earnings in our lifetime, and go to work everyday. Your JOB is to entertain us. SO GO DO THE JOB.

I'm so sick and tired of this BS. Your idea of "getting ripped off by the other side" would be many times over a lifetime of riches most of us dream of.

F YOU YOU GREEDY UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS.

Sincerely,

A fan
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Re: Dear NFL and Players...

dear fan

seeing as how we are reading this on an internet message board devoted to our product, in the middle of the offseason, and your team has sucked for a decade, we think you'll be back.

signed,

millionaires
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    also cheese

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
      Everyone just give in a little, go make your millions and billions, STFU and play some football. Most of us fans won't ever see a tenth of your earnings in our lifetime, and go to work everyday. Your JOB is to entertain us. SO GO DO THE JOB.

I'm so sick and tired of this BS. Your idea of "getting ripped off by the other side" would be many times over a lifetime of riches most of us dream of.

F YOU YOU GREEDY UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS.

Sincerely,

A fan
      Although I would agree that they make more money than we do, the players have a job like everyone else, and that no one on this board could do, or we would be doing it. As far as them being there to entertain us, that is completely false. The NFL is not Broadway. Playing in the NFL is a career like any other. Fighting for higher pay and better benefits is not a new thing. It happens in all fields of the work force.

I doubt there's a single poster on this message board who actually works for a living who wouldn't want higher pay and better benefits at some point. If you feel that you've earned it, your going to want it, but it doesn't make you greedy. Not too many of us would do a job where the average career length is 3 years due to the dangers of life long debilitating injuries.

A lot of us are disappointed and some are angry over the Lockout mess. But, at this point fans have 2 choices. We can either exercise patience and find something else to do while they settle their differences, or we can sit here, be angry, throw fits, and snap at anyone who takes a side. As for as I'm concerned, I'm willing to wait it out. Life is too short to get bitter about things we have no control over. JMO

Comment

• Spiderweb
        ....formerly OhBF
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
        Although I would agree that they make more money than we do, the players have a job like everyone else, and that no one on this board could do, or we would be doing it. As far as them being there to entertain us, that is completely false. The NFL is not Broadway. Playing in the NFL is a career like any other. Fighting for higher pay and better benefits is not a new thing. It happens in all fields of the work force.

I doubt there's a single poster on this message board who actually works for a living who wouldn't want higher pay and better benefits at some point. If you feel that you've earned it, your going to want it, but it doesn't make you greedy. Not too many of us would do a job where the average career length is 3 years due to the dangers of life long debilitating injuries.

A lot of us are disappointed and some are angry over the Lockout mess. But, at this point fans have 2 choices. We can either exercise patience and find something else to do while they settle their differences, or we can sit here, be angry, throw fits, and snap at anyone who takes a side. As for as I'm concerned, I'm willing to wait it out. Life is too short to get bitter about things we have no control over. JMO
        Being a football player is like being a Doctor, well...no. Being a football player is like being a construction worker, well...no. Being a football payer is somewhat like a Rockstar...kinda...yes. We flock to stadiums in huge numbers, or watch them on TV all for the purpose of being entertained for a few short hours.

Yes, they are entertainers. In an endeavor that fosters short careers maybe, and one that that takes tremendous physical work to excel, definitely. Yet entertainers is what they are. If no one cared to watch them, they make zero..........
        Last edited by Spiderweb; 03-20-2011, 11:23 PM.
        Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
        own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

Yeah, it's their job.

They don't have to work until they're 65 for retirement though. If they don't want to waste their millions right off the bat they can invest and they can save up and live like everyone else.
          Much like teachers, they get a certain time away from their jobs, where they can train at their whim yet still keep in contact.
          I don't have MILLIONS of people paying for my checks, I have a couple of people who's fridge broke down and a couple of customers a night who pay mine, while I pay my tuition and loans off YEARS down the road.
          Most of them had scholarships.

You can give these poor, sad, model dating, multi-thousand dollar makers at a minimum for 1 year of work as many excuses as you want, but... Man, I want your job if you can give them excuses.
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Thanks for reminding me (the fan) how insignificant I really am.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spiderweb
              Being a football player is like being a Doctor, well...no. Being a football player is like being a construction worker, well...no. Being a football payer is somewhat like a Rockstar...kinda...yes. We flock to stadiums in huge numbers, or watch them on TV all for the purpose of being entertained for a few short hours.

Yes, they are entertainers. In an endeavor that fosters short careers maybe, and one that that takes tremendous physical work to excel, definitely. Yet entertainers is what they are. If no one cared to watch them, they make zero..........
              If no one cared to watch them, they would choose other careers. They are not entertainers. Entertaining people by the job you do doesn't make you an entertainer. Howard Stern, Jerry Seinfeld, those are entertainers. Entertainment is most often scripted in an effort to get a certain reaction out of an audience. Sports are anything but scripted. If NFL Players are entertainers than so are NHL, MLB, NBA, and every other team sports player. That would mean the Sabres are entertainers, not a hockey team by your definition. It's false.
              Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 03-21-2011, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                • Aug 2002

Even thought NFL players make millions, I kind of think they deserve it because the can be seriously injured on any play including death. Even if they don't get seriously injured, they will probably feel the pain from playing for the rest of their lives. I think they should get every thing they can while they are young. Bruce Smith even said he is giving up his body so his family can live comfortably.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Football = entertainment

Those that play football are clearly the entertainers. We watch them to be entertained.

Most NFL players are not millionaires and the majority will never be millionaires. This is a misconception in many peoples views. many will be out of the league in 3 years or less. Only the elite or those drafted early rake in millions. The extreme salaries of the cream of the crop obscure the significant lesser amounts made by the rest. Serious chunks of pay goto agents.
                  Last edited by ddaryl; 03-21-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Per Adrian Peterson (I think he gets around $10M per - dunno):

"It's modern-day slavery, you know?"

That's something to think about when you bite down on that $5 stadium weenie...

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                    X