PDA

View Full Version : Sal Maiorana of the Rochester D&C will join me on Buffalo Bills Now! Monday @ 9:30pm!

Coach Sal
03-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Sal and Sal, sounds like a really bad Italian Law Firm, but it will actually be Bills talk MONDAY NIGHT (not Tuesday, as usual, so we don't conflict with any Sabres games).

Sal Maiorana of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle will join me on Buffalo Bills Now! Monday night at 9:30pm to talk about the upcoming draft, the QB situation, the lockout, and more Bills news and opinions.

Come on by and participate in the show - even ask Sal a question - with a live chat box.

Before that, NFL Now! airs LIVE at 8pm with myself and Johnny Von. We have a lot to talk about with the lockout, the proposed new rules, and more!!

Here's the site. Hope to see you there!!

www.Justin.tv/coachsal (www.justin.tv/coachsal)

Extremebillsfan247
03-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Yeah, he sounds like he's having a tough time. lol Maybe we can cheer him up a bit. It's always a good group in that chat. I'll be there.

tampabay25690
03-21-2011, 06:12 AM
I will be there at 9:30 Sal.....

better days
03-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Looking forward to the podcast Sal. Maiorana will be a great guest, I just hope you have decent audio for this podcast.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2011, 09:46 AM
I will try really really hard to get on tonight. I swear.

Coach Sal
03-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Looking forward to the podcast Sal. Maiorana will be a great guest, I just hope you have decent audio for this podcast.

I check all the podcasts for audio and usually they are really good and clear. Every once in a while I have to take the audio off the archived webcast, because my recording failed, but that's rare.

Are you saying they don't come through for you very well?

The only issue I have sometimes is that they are too low, but there's not much more I can do about that with the way I record it. I can try, though.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2011, 10:27 AM
At times the podcasts are difficult to listen, it's like the sound is too sharp with too much treble and not enough bass. It's hard to describe.

better days
03-21-2011, 10:56 AM
I check all the podcasts for audio and usually they are really good and clear. Every once in a while I have to take the audio off the archived webcast, because my recording failed, but that's rare.

Are you saying they don't come through for you very well?

The only issue I have sometimes is that they are too low, but there's not much more I can do about that with the way I record it. I can try, though.

The last podcast you had a guest on was VERY LOW volume. It could hardly be heard. I would have enjoyed it much more if I could have heard it because what I could hear was very interesting.

djjimkelly
03-21-2011, 11:00 AM
sal squared that should be a question on the wonderlic

hydro
03-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Maiorana aggravates me more than Jerry Sullivan.

Coach Sal
03-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I will see what I can do with the podcast audio. I didn't know so many were having these issues.

I may PM some of you after this show to tell me how the podcast turned out for you.

Coach Sal
03-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Bump.

SabreEleven
03-22-2011, 07:27 AM
The other Sal pissed off Lecter.

patmoran2006
03-22-2011, 07:28 AM
I didn't get to listen live but I'm going to give it a listen now. Sal M if nothing else is usually a good interview.

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2011, 07:38 AM
DAMN IT I MISSED THE SHOW AGAIN!!! :mad:

At least I listen to every podcast.

Extremebillsfan247
03-22-2011, 10:11 AM
I didn't get to listen live but I'm going to give it a listen now. Sal M if nothing else is usually a good interview.It was a really good interview at least I thought. He had a lot of interesting things to say. JMO

Coach Sal
03-22-2011, 10:42 AM

LOL. Yes he did.

And there was no shortage of love lost between him and some chatters.

I thought he was a great interview. Had solid opinions, whether you agree or disagree, was clear and concise, and was very nice to agree to come on.

Judging by the chatters, he's a pretty polarizing writer for most fans. Many love him. Many hate him. I think that's good and what every writer wants.

Extremebillsfan247
03-22-2011, 11:08 AM
LOL. Yes he did.

I thought he was a great interview. Had solid opinions, whether you agree or disagree, was clear and concise, and was very nice to agree to come on.

Judging by the chatters, he's a pretty polarizing writer for most fans. Many love him. Many hate him. I think that's good and what every writer wants.What I really liked about that interview is that he didn't sugar coat anything even though he knew chatters would criticize him for his opinion. He speaks his mind whether it's popular or not, I admire that in people because it's a rarity today, but that's my opinion. lol

Ed
03-22-2011, 12:32 PM
What were some of the most interesting points he made?

better days
03-22-2011, 12:43 PM
LOL. Yes he did.

Judging by the chatters, he's a pretty polarizing writer for most fans. Many love him. Many hate him. I think that's good and what every writer wants.

Good show Sal. Audio was much better but the volume when you talk is still louder than the person on the phone if you could tweak that a little.

PromoTheRobot
03-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Sal M. showed a regrettable media attitude toward fans with his comment about "settling for mediocrity." Here is a guy who gets into games free and dines on catered grub in a cozy press box telling fans they are stupid to support their teams.

First of all, the whole notion of withholding support is suicide to any franchise not in a major market. Fans in New York have the luxury of staying away because the Knicks aren't going to move to Tulsa. But the second either the Bills or Sabres lose attendance they become targets to relocate. And no one in the press is going to praise Buffalo fans for "not supporting mediocrity." The story line will be "bad fans don't deserve team."

I think sports writers lose their grip on reality after a few years inside the bubble. They hang around their peers in the "media elite" and start believing the crap they write, or worse start believing they somehow speak for the fans. The sad truth is sports writers are just as spoiled and arrogant as the athletes they cover.

PTR

Dr. Lecter
03-23-2011, 10:32 AM

Annoyed might be a better word.

I am just a little sick of the media (and even some people here) that like to lecture on how angry we fans are supposed to be. Sal M is a classic example of somebody that is so used to being upset that he sometimes can't see the forrest through the trees.

The Sabres game Sunday is a perfect example. Nobody is happy with that loss. But when put in perspective (i.e. the Sabres are 20-10-5 in their last 35) it looks more like a blip on the radar. The Pens gave up a 4 goal lead the other night against Detroit. **** like that happens in a 82 game season.

But he had to go off and tell people that did not agree with him that they were accepting mediocrity. That is not the case at. It is a big picture view. One he is incapable of doing. He finds one negative in a sea of positive and puts his entire focus on the negative. It is one thing to acknowledge the bad. It is quite another to ignore the positive that is there too.

hydro
03-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Annoyed might be a better word.

I am just a little sick of the media (and even some people here) that like to lecture on how angry we fans are supposed to be. Sal M is a classic example of somebody that is so used to being upset that he sometimes can't see the forrest through the trees.

The Sabres game Sunday is a perfect example. Nobody is happy with that loss. But when put in perspective (i.e. the Sabres are 20-10-5 in their last 35) it looks more like a blip on the radar. The Pens gave up a 4 goal lead the other night against Detroit. **** like that happens in a 82 game season.

But he had to go off and tell people that did not agree with him that they were accepting mediocrity. That is not the case at. It is a big picture view. One he is incapable of doing. He finds one negative in a sea of positive and puts his entire focus on the negative. It is one thing to acknowledge the bad. It is quite another to ignore the positive that is there too.

Now it all makes sense! Op reads too many Sal Maiorana articles!

Extremebillsfan247
03-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Sal M. showed a regrettable media attitude toward fans with his comment about "settling for mediocrity."
PTR Correct me if I'm wrong here but don't a lot of us say the same things about fellow fans here on this message board? That would be kind of a double standard then wouldn't it, that a media personality like Sal M. can say it and get heavily scrutinized but it's ok when we do it? Just wondering.

PromoTheRobot
03-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here but don't a lot of us say the same things about fellow fans here on this message board? That would be kind of a double standard then wouldn't it, that a media personality like Sal M. can say it and get heavily scrutinized but it's ok when we do it? Just wondering.

Many posters here are also arrogant *****s. :rolleyes:

PTR

Extremebillsfan247
03-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Many posters here are also arrogant *****s. :rolleyes:

PTRlol fair enough.