X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

I did not see this posted here yet...

Compliments to: by Brian Galliford at Buffalo Rumblings.

ESPN's Adam Schefter, in answering questions from blog readers, dropped a little nugget about the Buffalo Bills' quarterback preference in the 2011 NFL Draft. The blurb, which Schefter throws out there rather casually, may surprise you.

"There are people who believe that Buffalo likes (Jake) Locker," Schefter writes before adding, "but it's not going to take him at No. 3."

Link: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011...2011-nfl-draft
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: I did not see this posted here yet...

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
    Compliments to: by Brian Galliford at Buffalo Rumblings.

ESPN's Adam Schefter, in answering questions from blog readers, dropped a little nugget about the Buffalo Bills' quarterback preference in the 2011 NFL Draft. The blurb, which Schefter throws out there rather casually, may surprise you.

"There are people who believe that Buffalo likes (Jake) Locker," Schefter writes before adding, "but it's not going to take him at No. 3."

Link: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011...2011-nfl-draft
    Nothing too shocking, and it would surprise me or upset me if they took Locker at 34. Much better value for him there.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      Nothing too shocking, and it would surprise me or upset me if they took Locker at 34. Much better value for him there.
      I could see how Locker fits Chans offense but if the Bills could trade the 34 pick & still get Locker, he would be an even greater value.

Comment

• DesertFox24
        • Jul 2005

I would rather have him at 34 then trade up to get him bottom of round 1. Granted I do not see him falling to 34 some QB needy team will either trade with NE at 28 or 33.

However, the one good thing about this cba crap is that the NFL is not guaranteeing picks in 2012 so NE might have to make all these picks and not be able to stock pile for next year. Which means some of their picks will get cut.

Comment

• wmoz11
          • Sep 2008

I've had a disturbing man-crush on Locker for a few years now.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

he strikes me as a more athletic Fitz but thats all. Is that a fair assessment?
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

I could see how a strong armed and athletic qb is appealing to Chan Gailey, but I made it a point this year to watch as much of Jake Locker as I could and he just never impressed me.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

There are people who believe that Buffalo likes Locker??

What kind of useless statement is that? There are people who believe the world is flat. It doesn't make it so.

Comment

• tcb5033
                  • Dec 2009

IMO it is really tough to get a read on Locker. He possesses all the qualities of a good NFL QB except his accuracy as a passer. If you break the qb position down into 4 categories: leadership, x's and o's knowledge, strength/speed, and accuracy, I don't necessarily think accuracy is the hardest to teach someone at the next level and this is why Locker is an interesting prospect to me.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

I will puke if we do the Losman plan and trade up for Locker

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Locker reminds me so much of Losman.

Mobile, Strong arm, inaccurate, NO THANKS

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

i don't want locker but he was running for his life the entire season last year. i can't blame the inaccuracy totally on him. i wouldn't mind locker if they were able to get him in the third.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                          • Sep 2008

Some other interesting news from Schefter, Gabbert, Mallet, and Newton were all given parts of Carolina's playbook and will be tested on their next visits. If Mallet does better than both of them, Carolina could go defense with their first pick and grab Mallet in the 2nd, giving the Bills a shot at either Newton or Gabbert at 3. JMO
                          Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 03-21-2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

I've been intrigued by several QBs apart from the "big two" including Locker. I wouldn't want him at #3, which would be an obvious big time reach. I'm not sure if he'll be available at #34 or not. His Wonderlic score is a negative and will likely drop him some from where he would have gone. There are both plusses and negatives about him. Obviously, he's very athletic, probably the third most athletic of the QBs who are going in the first two or 3 rounds after Kaepernick and Newton. He's well regarded by the people who know him. Of course, his acruacy issues are well known. The Bills, or whomever might be interested in drafting him will need to do their due diligence. Why was he inaccurate? I've heard it said he had lousy, inconsistent, and sometimes nonexistent position coaching in college. If that is true, it could easily account for his accuracy issues, but it's going to be a judgment call as to whether or not they can be fixed. I would not be upset if Buffalo took him at #34, but there would be undeniable risk in doing so.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                              Some other interesting news from Schefter, Gabbert, Mallet, and Newton were all given parts of Carolina's playbook and will be tested on their next visits. If Mallet does better than both of them, Carolina could go defense with their first pick and grab Mallet in the 2nd, giving the Bills a shot at either Newton or Gabbert at 3. JMO
                              Carolina doesn't have a 2nd round pick this year. If they want Mallet, they'll have to take him No. 1 or try to trade down. Personally, I don't think he gets out of the first round. I wouldn't mind the Bills grabbing Mallet if he falls to the 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                              X