PDA

View Full Version : Don't Step On the Logo

Beebe's Kid
03-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Apparently, from what I gathered on WGR this afternoon, Sully stepped on the logo on the new carpet, which is a no-no.

He then made several snide remarks like "Worry about blowing the two goal lead, not about somebody stepping on the logo," only to follow it up with the trademark little pussy "I'm not going to comment and start something over this." Too late, *****.

The Sabres are going to go the way of the Bills before you know it, and the media will have no access. I didn't think it was a secret not to step on the logo...

It got better when a caller chimed in and told him that he should respect the locker room, because it's the players turf, and Schopp flips **** about it belonging to the players and the media...and some 3rd grade ****, like, "Nuh-uh, they don't live there!"

I have to laugh at how cool Sully thinks he is. I usually defend Schopp, but he was out of line today.

I guess it is funny that I was thinking about this, and on the way to post this, I stopped to read how the 8-2 win wasn't good, and all of us suckers settle for mediocrity. I did get all fired up and I tried to contact Pegula to tell him he's had long enough to turn this team around, and that he better start fracking to get us a clone of Gretzky, but I got his voicemail and haven't heard back...just have to enjoy what we have.

I would love to see these people that constantly say that nobody has any talent and bemoans how bad it is to watch Buffalo sports, in their home lives...thanks for listening.

hammerbillsfan
03-21-2011, 08:45 PM
<div class="ezEmbeddedPlayerDiv">
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://audio.wgr550.com/widgets/597/frame.js?width=640&height=440&episode=38246598">&#a0;</script>
<br/>
<br/>
<a id="ezEmbedSiteLink" href="http://audio.wgr550.com/a/38246598/3-21-jerry-sullivan-2-w-schopp-bulldog.htm" target="_blank">Watch this at WGR</a>
</div>

Nighthawk
03-21-2011, 09:09 PM
LoL...you have issues.

SabreEleven
03-22-2011, 07:19 AM
I'm glad they are showing some emotion after this and after the loss.
Now let's see it on the ice.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article372781.ece

chernobylwraiths
03-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Funny thing is, in the morning show, Sully was talking about how he liked how he saw emotion out of the players. That is was good to see them ticked off. He said that "someone and I will not name names stepped on the logo and several players flipped out about it". At the end of his segment on the radio, he said goodbye to Howard and Jeremy and then said, "Oh by the way, it was me that stepped on the logo." I laughed at that.

I can see his point how you have this locker room where you have a large group of people trying to get work done and you have this huge area where you aren't supposed to step. Kind of funny.

THATHURMANATOR
03-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Schopp is a little spoiled pussy. I like his points of view sometimes but most times he is an arrogant little *****.

Ebenezer
03-22-2011, 01:38 PM
I didn't listen to the clip the HBF put up but I was listening to the last half hour of the Sully show yesterday. Bulldog kept his mouth shut while Schoop and Sullivan went off about the locker room not belonging to the players and how the press is doing their job...blah blah blah...Bulldog finally stepped up and bluntly disagreed with them and he was right. It is THEIR locker room. It is THEIR workplace. I was impressed to hear how the team reacted but it would have been better had Miller gone off on Sullivan and just blasted him a new one. TFB that reporters have to respect the logo. Don't like it? Don't go into the locker room.

trapezeus
03-22-2011, 02:43 PM
this is such a non-issue. the players are angry with themselves, they hate sullivan because he is the OPIV of the Blonews. If he doesn't step on the logo, he does something else that have them kick him out of hte room. And the owner has their back. He asked for the press to go easier on them.

Watch them win this one...then no one will discuss it. if they lose another disheartening one, this little saga will continue to get more time than it should.

Ebenezer
03-22-2011, 02:46 PM
this is such a non-issue. the players are angry with themselves, they hate sullivan because he is the OPIV of the Blonews. If he doesn't step on the logo, he does something else that have them kick him out of hte room. And the owner has their back. He asked for the press to go easier on them.

Watch them win this one...then no one will discuss it. if they lose another disheartening one, this little saga will continue to get more time than it should.

I disagree. This is just the thing a team can rally around - a common enemy.

trapezeus
03-22-2011, 02:47 PM
they had new ownership to rally around, they had rico's death to rally around, they now have the carpet to rally around.

They need to just stay focused on winning. every night they play, carolina plays (except 1 game). They control their fate. They best win tonight.

Beebe's Kid
03-22-2011, 03:30 PM
It may be a non-issue, but Sully is a dick. There are a lot of teams that practice the "don't step on the logo" policy, and that shouldn't be a big surprise.

Sully should have been able to slither around it...if nobody else in the room was stepping on it, maybe his amazing power of perception should have been triggered to realizing that maybe it wasn't cool.

I think the only solution is Sully vs McCormick in a steel cage.

bosshogg21
03-23-2011, 04:37 AM
My god...why do these radio people in buffalo have jobs if all they do is **** on the local teams. All I hear is what asswhipes these guys are. You don't hear that on the radio in dc and their sports teams suck aside from the caps. 5 yrs ago when they did they still didn't **** on them or the fans that called in. Is there a way to get rid of these bums?

trapezeus
03-23-2011, 11:46 AM
so now that the team won, i'm guessing the carpet/logo issue is now resolved and can be shelved.

SabreEleven
03-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Until they lose again

elltrain22
03-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Schoop is dead wrong!! The locker room is for the players, not for the media. The media should feel priveleged to be welcomed in their establishment.

chernobylwraiths
03-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Schoop is dead wrong!! The locker room is for the players, not for the media. The media should feel priveleged to be welcomed in their establishment.

:rolleyes:

Philagape
03-23-2011, 03:20 PM
I didn't listen to the clip the HBF put up but I was listening to the last half hour of the Sully show yesterday. Bulldog kept his mouth shut while Schoop and Sullivan went off about the locker room not belonging to the players and how the press is doing their job...blah blah blah...Bulldog finally stepped up and bluntly disagreed with them and he was right. It is THEIR locker room. It is THEIR workplace. I was impressed to hear how the team reacted but it would have been better had Miller gone off on Sullivan and just blasted him a new one. TFB that reporters have to respect the logo. Don't like it? Don't go into the locker room.

Sully should be glad it wasn't Hasek, he would have beat the snot out of him

Bufftp
03-23-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm not a fan of a Sully. If I want to read "Op" rants I'll just go to the zone.
Oh, and the media are guests of the Sabres in the locker room.