PDA

View Full Version : projected stats for fitz ands where they rank...

NOT THE DUDE...
03-22-2011, 05:29 PM
3700yds - t-9th
28tds t- 6th
18int - 6th
58% - 28th

9th in 3rd down qb rating - big for qbs
10th in tds per attempt

will be 29 years old

will get better with a full offseason with starting reps

worst run d in bills history, 8 200 yd games, last in short yardage defense.

why should we draft a qb again???????

cam jordan, marcell dareus, or von miller period

Novacane
03-22-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm up for giving Fitz another year. Draft the QB next year if he fails.

better days
03-22-2011, 05:46 PM

Even if the Bills draft a QB, he will need time to develop & Fitz will start next year.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Even if the Bills draft a QB, he will need time to develop & Fitz will start next year.

just seems like a wasted pick, the broncos are not taking a qb, bears are not after cutlers sub par year, dallas is not, detroit is not. we have a good qb, why risk a top 3 pick on a question mark like gabbert or newton when you already have a good qb and need help on the front 7 desperately. so our number 3 pick is going to sit for 1-2 years, what if fitz plays even better? now what, wasted pick

TacklingDummy
03-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Agreed.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-22-2011, 05:54 PM
now if your talking late rd qb like in rd 6-7 thats fine, we need a 3rd stringer/ competition for brown

better days
03-22-2011, 06:07 PM
just seems like a wasted pick, the broncos are not taking a qb, bears are not after cutlers sub par year, dallas is not, detroit is not. we have a good qb, why risk a top 3 pick on a question mark like gabbert or newton when you already have a good qb and need help on the front 7 desperately. so our number 3 pick is going to sit for 1-2 years, what if fitz plays even better? now what, wasted pick

Even if Fitz becomes a Franchise QB in the next year, if the Bills take a QB in rnd 2 & he becomes a very good back up & nothing more, it will not be a wasted pick.

On the other hand if Fitz does not progress, then at least the Bills have a QB on the roster for the next year when Fitz leaves.

justasportsfan
03-22-2011, 08:15 PM
I am no way saying that Fitz is the future but lets not forget that Fitz had less chances to increase his stats because the D stayed on the field a lot because they were getting ran over. He was also under a new system.

Don't Panic
03-22-2011, 08:21 PM

I'm all for filling other needs in the 1st and 2nd. If Buddy and Chan really like a guy in the 3rd or beyond, go for it.

Buffalo Thriller
03-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Then we will have a top 5 pick next year and debating between Andrew Luck, or Matt Barkley...

PTI
03-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Load of crap to do projected numbers and assume good things against the Dolphins (he played them and was average), the Packers (champs) and Jets who he was below average against and was coming off a 5 turnover game against New England and was fake hurt and sat in a mercy sitting final game in case we had to stomach him as QB next year and last memory was how bad Brohm was against Jets instead of how pathetic Fitz was against Patriots. Makes no sense to do that.

TacklingDummy
03-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Then we will have a top 5 pick next year and debating between Andrew Luck, or Matt Barkley...
Nothing wrong with that plan.

This is exactly why the Bills should not address the QB position in this draft. If they waste a pick on Gabbert or Newton then there is no way they will draft Luck or Barkley next year.

justasportsfan
03-22-2011, 09:43 PM
with Fitz's nos and if this team was middle of the pack defensively especially vs. the run, I say we beat the fins in the 1st game, beat pitts and beat ravens and maybe even Kc. No way we'd be picking top 5 this year. Improve the D , I doubt we pick top 5 next year.

alohabillsfan
03-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Load of crap to do projected numbers and assume good things against the Dolphins (he played them and was average), the Packers (champs) and Jets who he was below average against and was coming off a 5 turnover game against New England and was fake hurt and sat in a mercy sitting final game in case we had to stomach him as QB next year and last memory was how bad Brohm was against Jets instead of how pathetic Fitz was against Patriots. Makes no sense to do that.

I think statsically speaking using a 13 game analysis is ok to "project". We all know you want a QB.

better days
03-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Nothing wrong with that plan.

This is exactly why the Bills should not address the QB position in this draft. If they waste a pick on Gabbert or Newton then there is no way they will draft Luck or Barkley next year.

I agree if they draft a QB at #3 it is unlikely they draft a QB high next year but they could draft a Ponder or Locker in the 2nd & still draft a Luck or Barkley next year if they have the chance to do so.

trapezeus
03-23-2011, 10:14 AM
i think 8 200 yard rushing games speak for themself. somehow people are willing to pretend that that stat isn't a call to arms to fix the d immediately. even 4 200 yard rushers would be worth being alarmed over. but to allow over 200 yards rushing in 8 games is unsustainable. That has to be fixed. getting a space eating DL or a game changing LB is a must.

i really think the bills are posturing with the QB talk and waiting to see if someone will get nervous and jump them by providing a boat load of picks. the bills could use a game changing DL or they could use a ****load of picks to help cut ties with every deadbeat Jauron guy left on this team. Mckelvin is a bust and only not discussed in detail because Maybin is so much worse.

PromoTheRobot
03-23-2011, 10:29 AM
One thing you can count on is there are a couple of can't-miss-gotta-draft-them-now-franchise QB's every year. Not saying they are really that good, but the media acts like they are.

PTR

THRILLHO
03-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Take Gabbert if available. We dont know how well Fitz will do this year. If he blows us away we can try and resign him. Worst that happens is we have a 1st round QB waiting for Fitz to be injured, but learning how to play. If Fitz fails to impress, we have our QB already who has a year of devolpment. No point in taking a QB next year and throwing him to the wolves.

elltrain22
03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Those projections are way too high. I don't know where you got them, but Fitz ain't gonna throw for 3700 yds and 28 tds. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see that happening.

psubills62
03-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Those projections are way too high. I don't know where you got them, but Fitz ain't gonna throw for 3700 yds and 28 tds. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see that happening.
He's projecting out Fitz's 2010 numbers as if he had played all 16 games instead of playing just the 13 games. He got them by multiplying his 2010 numbers by 16/13.

ChristopherWalken
03-23-2011, 12:34 PM
While Fitz had a career year last year, one still has to wonder if he can mimic or better the performance.

Bangarang
03-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Tomorrow, OP will read an article hyping up Newton or Gabbert, then he'll make another thread saying why we should draft a QB. Kid changes his mind more than I change underwear.

alohabillsfan
03-23-2011, 01:43 PM
What the hell happen to all of those "take the BPA" posters????? Cuz there aint no QB that fits that at #3!!!

NOT THE DUDE...
03-23-2011, 03:02 PM
What the hell happen to all of those "take the BPA" posters????? Cuz there aint no QB that fits that at #3!!!

they said the same thing with rodgers and ryan, even bradfrord. suh was the bpa but rams still took potential franchise qb first.

pray to god it works though, becasue fitz is gone if we take gabbert.... very risky

PTI
03-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Do people realize Fitz is in his last year of his over 3 million a year contract? If he plays past next year and is a starter you have to pay him 5-6 million a year. He is not worth 1 1/2 million a year. Bills would be totally committed to Fitz if they do not draft a QB this year and it would make no sense to have to resign him at 5-6 million for next year as starter and then draft a QB that would be over 6 million a year. The only logical choice is QB this year.

alohabillsfan
03-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Do people realize Fitz is in his last year of his over 3 million a year contract? If he plays past next year and is a starter you have to pay him 5-6 million a year. He is not worth 1 1/2 million a year. Bills would be totally committed to Fitz if they do not draft a QB this year and it would make no sense to have to resign him at 5-6 million for next year as starter and then draft a QB that would be over 6 million a year. The only logical choice is QB this year.

Really, your gonna base draft picks based upon current player contracts and salaries? You would draft a QB just because you dont want to pay your current starter? If you draft a QB who is the back up? Cuz Fitz will be gone. I presume Fitz will be the starter in 2011, if so what if he really does well (top 16 in QB ratings), do you let him walk just because you have an unproven rookie? Flawed Logic.

PTI
03-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Really, your gonna base draft picks based upon current player contracts and salaries? You would draft a QB just because you dont want to pay your current starter? If you draft a QB who is the back up? Cuz Fitz will be gone. I presume Fitz will be the starter in 2011, if so what if he really does well (top 16 in QB ratings), do you let him walk just because you have an unproven rookie? Flawed Logic.

He was not top 16 this year. He has the 20th most starts in the NFL over the last 3 years and is clearly the worse QB of any of those 20.

By the way, the Bills and most teams take into consideration of who they draft based on current player contracts and salaries, it is common sense bud. EVERY team in every sport takes that into consideration when they draft players. Every company takes that into consideration in every business decision that is made.

alohabillsfan
03-25-2011, 08:18 AM
He was not top 16 this year. He has the 20th most starts in the NFL over the last 3 years and is clearly the worse QB of any of those 20.

By the way, the Bills and most teams take into consideration of who they draft based on current player contracts and salaries, it is common sense bud. EVERY team in every sport takes that into consideration when they draft players. Every company takes that into consideration in every business decision that is made.

Soooo, what happened to BPA? Bud, Ha, Tard.

PTI
03-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Soooo, what happened to BPA? Bud, Ha, Tard.
I have never said take BPA, and BPA is not always the best philosophy, not sure where you are getting that from and why you find it appropriate to call me a tard when you clearly have no understanding for drafting my making a statement as to why wuld a team take into consideration current player contracts and salaries when drafting. You proved in a very short time frame to be clueless and ignorant in just two posts.

alohabillsfan
03-25-2011, 09:00 AM
I have never said take BPA, and BPA is not always the best philosophy, not sure where you are getting that from and why you find it appropriate to call me a tard when you clearly have no understanding for drafting my making a statement as to why wuld a team take into consideration current player contracts and salaries when drafting. You proved in a very short time frame to be clueless and ignorant in just two posts.

HOOK, LINE, SINKER...

PTI
03-25-2011, 09:22 AM
HOOK, LINE, SINKER...

What are you even attempting to prove? Adding to the number of posts you have? Seriously, I gave valid reasons to draft a QB and you called them stupid and me a tard and have nothing at all valid to say. Grow up.

alohabillsfan
03-25-2011, 09:47 AM
What are you even attempting to prove? Adding to the number of posts you have? Seriously, I gave valid reasons to draft a QB and you called them stupid and me a tard and have nothing at all valid to say. Grow up.

Yep, your on to me, its all about the number of posts! ROFLMFAO!