PDA

View Full Version : I know you guys are going to get on me for complaining about Gerbe and Miller tonight

Dr. Lecter
03-22-2011, 09:01 PM
I know that some think that the Sabres winning 2-0 on two goals by Gerbe and a shutout by Miller is acceptable, but couldn't those two do more tonight??????

I was not happy with their play at all!!!!

helmetguy
03-22-2011, 09:05 PM
I hear you. Gerbe took THREE shots and no Hat Trick? Crap like that is going to come back and bite them in the ass sometime in the yet undefined future.

PTI
03-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Well, the thing that bothers me is the number of fake shots they keep taking.

Ebenezer
03-22-2011, 09:10 PM
18 players didn't show up tonight. This team is not playoff worthy.

OpIv37
03-22-2011, 09:10 PM
I hear you. Gerbe took THREE shots and no Hat Trick? Crap like that is going to come back and bite them in the ass sometime in the yet undefined future.

hey, I'll take the ribbing from the regulars but no comments from the peanut gallery.

helmetguy
03-22-2011, 09:16 PM
hey, I'll take the ribbing from the regulars but no comments from the peanut gallery.

You'll take a ribbing from anyone on this board...and LIKE it.

Ebenezer
03-22-2011, 09:16 PM
dude, all we want is for you to tone it down a bit and try to enjoy it a little...same as we would want for any fan.

trapezeus
03-22-2011, 09:23 PM
that was a great effort all around. there was literally 1 or 2 chances montreal had the entire game. that was a dominant performance. the sabres need to get the 6 points in the next 3 games because after that it will be all playoff teams and then they could go 3-3 and still most likely make it.

i was impressed by the effort and the positioning by the team.

And i really thought Price was going to assist us on a goal.

Dr. Lecter
03-22-2011, 09:25 PM
If they get 10 points in the next 9 games they are OK. 9 points might do it too.

clumping platelets
03-22-2011, 09:30 PM
:rofl: @ thread

camelcowboy
03-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Rangers and canes are not letting up. Stealing this one in Montreal just makes me more angry about the Nashville debacle

G Wolly
03-23-2011, 12:08 AM
How can Miller NOT ALLOW A GOAL?!

WHO THE FU----

WHAT THE FU----

The Canadiens obviously had an off night. Everything is wrong with this team.

/Op

But on a serious note, if anything is *****-worthy, it's our power play.

SabreEleven
03-23-2011, 06:06 AM
That was a heck of an effort by Gerbe on that empty net goal. He earned that empty netter. He showed some heart.

Novacane
03-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Rangers and canes are not letting up. Stealing this one in Montreal just makes me more angry about the Nashville debacle

Why would it make you more angry. Before the games were played I'd of been happy with 2 of 4 points. They walked away with 3. Yeah they could have had 4 but

SabreEleven
03-23-2011, 09:20 AM
but there is nothing you can do about it now.

chernobylwraiths
03-23-2011, 09:28 AM
The only way Miller could get a weaker shutout is if Buffalo was shooting on him. Letting Vanek and Pomminville get a couple breakaways apiece would work too.

trapezeus
03-23-2011, 09:56 AM
i looked up the remaining rangers and hurricane games. they have a tough schedule as well. That's why i think the next 3 games have to be wins for the sabres. Florida, NJ and Toronto. Those are very winnable games.

Rangers have Ottawa, Boston and us next
Carolina have TB in back to backs and then washington and montreal back to backs.

That means if the sabres pick up six, Rangers get 2 out of 4 (not counting the game against us) and carolina maybe splits with 4 points, we'll be in seventh place. Then our next games will be against both of these teams. We'll either be able to lock the door on seventh and knock Carolina out and then can coast through the last couple games with a .500 effort and let guys rest and heal up.

If they lose some of these next 3 games, they are just making it harder on everyone.

DrGraves
03-23-2011, 12:04 PM
gerbe + ennis + myers + miller = franchise. pominville, hecht, connolly, niedermayer, grier can be cut right now for all i care

tampabay25690
03-23-2011, 12:11 PM
I was waiting for all the negative comments by some of the great zoners.....
Nice win yesterday......

OpIv37
03-23-2011, 12:57 PM
gerbe + ennis + myers + miller = franchise. pominville, hecht, connolly, niedermayer, grier can be cut right now for all i care

Gerbe?

The guy had a good game and he's been playing well for the last month or so, and he has potential, but it's a little too soon to be calling a 160 lb 3rd-liner part of the "franchise" because of a few good weeks.

THATHURMANATOR
03-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Miller played the entire 60 minutes and didn't even record a point for christ sake!

THATHURMANATOR
03-23-2011, 01:00 PM
The only way Miller could get a weaker shutout is if Buffalo was shooting on him. Letting Vanek and Pomminville get a couple breakaways apiece would work too.
Exactly because Buffalo has the 9th most goals scored in the entire NHL... They never score goals.....

EDIT Actually tied for 7th and 1 goal from 6th...

Bufftp
03-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Why can't you guys get it, Gerbe is too short and will never have an impact on the game, another example of bad drafting by management wasting picks on midgets. /sarcasm off

OpIv37
03-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Why can't you guys get it, Gerbe is too short and will never have an impact on the game, another example of bad drafting by management wasting picks on midgets. /sarcasm off

Gerbe's been good for about a month. Max Afinogenov had good months too, as has Tim Connolly. Care to defend those management decisions while you're at it?

G Wolly
03-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Once again, starting an argument about the future that no one can predict or begin to lay out.

Ebenezer
03-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Once again, starting an argument about the future that no one can predict or begin to lay out.
Once again, finding fault with something instead of just enjoying the ride.

OpIv37
03-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Once again, finding fault with something instead of just enjoying the ride.
There is plenty of fault in people getting hard ons over Gerbe at this point whether you choose to see it or not.

And for the record, I'm not criticizing Gerbe. I'm criticizing the homeristic view of him expressed by at least two people in this thread, at least one of whom sarcastically directed their post at me.

OpIv37
03-24-2011, 12:42 PM
I acknowledged that the future is unpredictable- no one knows how Gerbe will turn out. I merely criticized those talking as if Gerbe is already a franchise player, an rightfully so. Your immediate attack of my attitude instead of addressing the point shows that you have no legitimate response.

G Wolly
03-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Your immediate attack of my attitude instead of addressing the point shows that you have no legitimate response.

First off, no one deemed him a "franchise" player, rather than saying he plays a role and actually brings something to the team, which I agree with. You twisted the words as you tend to do to create an argument.

Second, would you rather go down the list of players that were average and have grown into better players over the years? Or pick apart a couple of recent guys who have fallen out of their skill zone.

Dr. Lecter
03-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Gerbe's been good for about a month. Max Afinogenov had good months too, as has Tim Connolly. Care to defend those management decisions while you're at it?

Actually it has been more than two months.

chernobylwraiths
03-24-2011, 01:05 PM
First off, no one deemed him a "franchise" player...

This seems to contradict you.

gerbe + ennis + myers + miller = franchise. ...

G Wolly
03-24-2011, 01:26 PM
This seems to contradict you.

I did not see that, my mistake.

Well that post I disagree with. But the one Op replied to from Bufftp was just about Gerbe's impact, so I rolled with that one.

trapezeus
03-24-2011, 01:28 PM
with regards to gerbe, is it possible for him to play an extended period of time on edge like he has the last week or so? given his size? is this something that will burn him out or get him injured?

gerbe's aggressiveness seems to catch players off guard. he literally punched that carolina player in the mouth and he was like, "um, am i allowed to kill this midget?" At somepoint, bigger players may step up to him. it will be interesting to see how he handles that.

sabres have been blessed the last two years to have some impact kids playing really well. those kids need to keep developing though. as good as they are now, they need to get to that elite level to make this team a championship level team.

Ebenezer
03-24-2011, 01:45 PM
There is plenty of fault in people getting hard ons over Gerbe at this point whether you choose to see it or not.

And for the record, I'm not criticizing Gerbe. I'm criticizing the homeristic view of him expressed by at least two people in this thread, at least one of whom sarcastically directed their post at me.
Ask Lecter how critical I was of Gerbe at the beginning of the year. I'm not saying this kid is anything more than a 15 goal a year scorer and maybe he never scores 10 again after people keep beating on him but he is playing well right now and since the team is about to make the playoffs I will appreciate that and enjoy the ride. A 2-0 win when he is the reason the team scored any points is not the time to say anything against the kid.

OpIv37
03-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Ask Lecter how critical I was of Gerbe at the beginning of the year. I'm not saying this kid is anything more than a 15 goal a year scorer and maybe he never scores 10 again after people keep beating on him but he is playing well right now and since the team is about to make the playoffs I will appreciate that and enjoy the ride. A 2-0 win when he is the reason the team scored any points is not the time to say anything against the kid.
You missed the point entirely. First, I wasnt critical of Gerbe. Since you like to criticize my facebook posts, you should know that I complimented him on my FB. I criticized the way certain posters on this board are treating Gerbe.

Second, it is faulty to assume that I didn't enjoy the game simply because I disagreed with some posters on Gerbe.

Ebenezer
03-24-2011, 02:00 PM
You missed the point entirely. First, I wasnt critical of Gerbe. Since you like to criticize my facebook posts, you should know that I complimented him on my FB. I criticized the way certain posters on this board are treating Gerbe.

Second, it is faulty to assume that I didn't enjoy the game simply because I disagreed with some posters on Gerbe.
Your response to Ted said he has only been good for a month...you were not giving him much credit there. Fair points on the homerism.

Captain Obvious
03-25-2011, 09:20 PM
In Ops mind Tyler Myers is only a marginal prospect

Dr. Lecter
03-26-2011, 08:34 PM
I am going to complain about those two again tonight.

Beebe's Kid
03-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Gerbe is just enjoying the ride of this team turning around. Just because he happened to come up and get some PT, score a bunch of goals, and play with a ton of heart, the homers are going to confuse him as having something to do with it.

Ennis is in the same boat. You can't be small and play hockey, it's just a fact. Puck handling is useless, you need to be able to slam against the boards and that is all. Every forward on every line should be big.

As far as all of the comments about cutting Grier and Niedermeyer, and letting Pommers go...

You don't have to echo what people say. If you watch the games, those guys are filling roles on this team. Grier, who I have been down on before, is making several really good defensive plays every game, and isn't killing us on offense. He doesn't score a bunch, and if that's all you need to tell you if he's good or not, I don't know what to tell you. Nieds has been doing a good job, as well. Actually these two are playing your big/physical game.

I like Pommers, and the hate for him is misplaced, but there will never be any swaying the opinion of him. That's a shame.

Dr. Lecter
03-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Ennis is in the same boat. You can't be small and play hockey, it's just a fact. Puck handling is useless, you need to be able to slam against the boards and that is all. Every forward on every line should be big.

I assume this is sarcasm, but am not sure

Dozerdog
03-28-2011, 06:53 AM
How long has Miller been here?

When will he score?

G Wolly
03-28-2011, 09:24 AM
How long has Miller been here?

Gosh, even Noronen was credited with a goal.

WHAT U WAITING 4?!