X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Gailey and Co. maintain status quo

"We spend the morning on football and then we spend the afternoon getting our college stuff ready for the draft," Gailey said Tuesday during the NFL coaches breakfast at the Roosevelt Hotel. "That stuff will be ready by April 7. We have a lot of little projects. We look at the best third-down teams, what they do. We look at our division opponents, what they do. Who is the best rushing team, the best red-zone team. You just go through and evaluate that.
    Amazing. Gailey and co. look at what their rivals do during off season while Dick and co. didn't even do that during regular season utnil the game is over "we practiced vs. the 4-3 when they play 3-4. we'll have to review the tape .

"I don't get anything out of that to be honest with you," he said of Pro Days. "Especially with the quarterbacks, it has become such a production. I'd much rather watch the tape, run it back, run it back, run it back. The guys that we're really interested in we're going to bring in and I'm going to sit down and have a good conversation with them."
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-23-2011, 10:42 AM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: Gailey and Co. maintain status quo

It remains to be seen if Gailey can get the job done, but at least he knows how to do it, what he's doing, and is putting forth the effort to do it.

There are better HS coaches in this country then Jauron.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

I really like Gailey's approach to things. he is a straight shooter and also seems to know what hes doing, at least more than some of the buffoons before him. He has a plan and sticks to it, whether its good or bad at least he sticks to his guns and things stay consistent, which i think is very important.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

One thing I like about Gailey is that he is all about his players working hard while Dick was all about building soft players.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• djjimkelly
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          One thing I like about Gailey is that he is all about his players working hard while Dick was all about building soft players.

i have full faith in gailey he had us in games last year we had no business being in.

and it was based on his coaching

Comment

• Buddo
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
            I really like Gailey's approach to things. he is a straight shooter and also seems to know what hes doing, at least more than some of the buffoons before him. He has a plan and sticks to it, whether its good or bad at least he sticks to his guns and things stay consistent, which i think is very important.
            Very much this.
            He doesn't sugar coat things either.
            I also like the fact that he's brought Wannstedt on board, who has been a proven DC, when an obvious area of failure was our D. If he makes changes, they are for the right reasons, and with the right intentions, even if they don't work out.
            I believe he's a good to great OC, but only time will tell if he's a good to great HC.
            I hope he actually gets the time to prove it.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

In Gailey We Trust.
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

It is refreshing to hear a HC talk about things that I think about on a daily basis. if I'm a coach and I see that NE can rack up points with any QB or WR, I would look at the tape to and see what the hell they are doing different than the rest of the teams.

It's a copycat league, only one can be original, yet everyone trys to be that guy and usually falls flat on their face.

Comment

Working...
                X