PDA

View Full Version : What's your best/worst ffl draft pick ever?

Judge
09-08-2002, 06:01 AM
I've been playing fantasy football since 1990, so I've been in alot of drafts over the years- anyone else want to admit their mistakes and gloat over their victories?

My best pick: in a keeper league I participated in, I selected Terrell Davis before he started his rookie season, in a late round. For the next 4 seasons, everyone in my league cried about the pick and tried to trade for him as he kept my team at or near the top of playoff contention.

Another favorite: Ladainian Tomlinson last year in the 7th round of a non-keeper league.

Worst pick: In my first ever draft in 1990- a little context: Jim Everett was on the cover of Fantasy Football Index. I selected Boomer Esiason and followed that pick with Herschel Walker.

Needless to say, that was a bad year! I never picked a QB in round 1 again after that, until this year, when I picked Kurt Warner at #3 overall after Faulk and S. Alexander went.

SABURZFAN
09-09-2002, 06:46 AM
best pick-last year,i got troy brown in the 14th round.

worst pick-j.anderson-i picked him 6th overall about 3 years ago.28 carries later,he was done for the season with a knee injury.

Judge
09-09-2002, 04:19 PM
Come on cowards! Admit your mistakes! Gloat about your steals!

lordofgun
09-09-2002, 05:51 PM
Best Pick: Last year i picked up David Boston in the 8th round. that was very cool. Too bad those days are over.

Worst pick: Edge at #2 overall last year...ouch.

clumping platelets
09-09-2002, 05:55 PM
I can't say I've done poorly with high picks in the context that the player underperformed. Last year, I had my top 4 picks get injured and I do not consider that the same.