PDA

View Full Version : Talked with Peter King and Bob Papa

T-Long
03-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Was able to get through on my way to work today and posed the question to Peter.

Told him what he would do if he was Buddy Nix and this is how the first 2 picks panned out...

1. Car: Patrick Peterson
2. Den: Marcell Dareus

Who does he think the Bills pick?

He said Dareus is their guy for sure but probably won't make it out of the top 2, so he thinks they go QB. He said he doesn't know which one they like better at this point, but if Dareus is gone, they are going QB.

Danny Duberstein
03-23-2011, 09:50 PM
It's not what I want, but I agree.

I desperately want Dareus. If he's gone, I'd go Fairley, or maybe even Quinn, before I go QB. But I think Nix will take a QB.

On a side note, you really think Carolina will take Peterson? Nobody has ever taken a CB higher than 3.

djjimkelly
03-24-2011, 12:21 AM
i just pray its gabbert if we go qb

clumping platelets
03-24-2011, 12:29 AM
I want Peterson or Dareus at #3. If both are gone..........try to trade down a few spots and take a chance on Gabbert, V. Miller, or one of the other DL. I'm not interested in Newton

BertSquirtgum
03-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Was able to get through on my way to work today and posed the question to Peter.

Told him what he would do if he was Buddy Nix and this is how the first 2 picks panned out...

He said Dareus is their guy for sure but probably won't make it out of the top 2, so he thinks they go QB. He said he doesn't know which one they like better at this point, but if Dareus is gone, they are going QB.
**** MY LIFE.

i would so much rather see p. peterson than one of the top two rated schmuck qb's.

elltrain22
03-24-2011, 05:03 AM
If he's wrong can we still call him Shirley Temple?

tampabay25690
03-24-2011, 05:06 AM

I heard you yesterday.....
You should have stayed on they wanted you to finish and talk more......

tampabay25690
03-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Why is everyone so high on Gabbert as QB????
Just curious what he has done to make everyone want him???

Please explain to me.....Im trying to figure it out everyday....

I like Gabbert but to take him at the #3 spot is mind boggling to me.....

I understand everyone doesnt like the fact that newton has a bit of baggage but he is a hell of a player..Great Arm, great size, Great Speed, and a hello of a competitor........I just don't get it....

chernobylwraiths
03-24-2011, 05:49 AM

I understand everyone doesnt like the fact that newton has a bit of baggage but he is a hell of a player..Great Arm, great size, Great Speed, and a hello of a competitor........I just don't get it....

Wonderlic

better days
03-24-2011, 06:21 AM

Well for one thing there are huge character concerns about Newton which I brought up a long time ago. Add in the fact he could not hit his receivers at the combine or his pro day. How does anyone think Newton can pass against an NFL defense when he is not all that good throwing to receivers without any defense?

Ginger Vitis
03-24-2011, 06:27 AM

Best QB prospect in a weak QB class

NOT THE DUDE...
03-24-2011, 06:50 AM

i wouldnt say that. theres a little more projection but the talent is there for sure, probably in about 5 qbs, especially gabbert and newton

don137
03-24-2011, 07:19 AM
I think there is a lot of talent at QB this year but also a lot of question marks with all of them which makes them a risky pick. Some will turn out to be very good NFL QBs but some will busts. the ones that pan out will make the GM that drafted them good but for the ones that turn to be a bust it will be a black eye for that GM.
As much as I want the Bills to get a franchise QB the Bills can ill afford to draft a bust especially after the drafts during the Levy/Jauron years.

Mindbender
03-24-2011, 07:20 AM

I'd be very surprised if Carolina chose a CB with the 1st pick.

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2011, 07:55 AM
i just pray its gabbert if we go qb
If we go gabbert I hope he gets a gosh darn haircut.

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2011, 07:58 AM
All the Cam Newton lovers were probably Jimmy Clausen lovers last year.

madness
03-24-2011, 11:33 AM
QB @ 3 either means one of two things:

1. it's a clear sign that Nix is no longer on of the top talent evaluators he use to be... which means we're probably screwed for another 10 years. :banghead:

2. Nix is absolutely positive that one of these guys is the real deal.

Extremebillsfan247
03-24-2011, 12:27 PM
QB @ 3 either means one of two things:

1. it's a clear sign that Nix is no longer on of the top talent evaluators he use to be... which means we're probably screwed for another 10 years. :banghead:

2. Nix is absolutely positive that one of these guys is the real deal.

I think both he and Gailey realize that both Gabbert and Newton will take a little time to develop, but as Gailey mentioned, both QBs have extraordinary talent. Gailey and Nix both like the idea that they can afford to sit a new QB behind Fitzpatrick for a year, or however long it takes for that prospect to develop. That also goes into their decision making here. If Fitz isn't on this team, it's more likely the Bills don't take either QB at 3.

TigerJ
03-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Well now, that's interesting. We've got Don Banks citing sources inside the Bills and saying the Bills are targeting Cam Newton as a franchise QB, and Peter King saying it's Dareus for sure. Hmm, Sports Illustrated versus ESPN, who wins that one? Maybe neither. What happens if Carolina drafts Newton and Denver Dareus, not an unrealistic scenario?

Extremebillsfan247
03-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Well now, that's interesting. We've got Don Banks citing sources inside the Bills and saying the Bills are targeting Cam Newton as a franchise QB, and Peter King saying it's Dareus for sure. Hmm Sports illustrated versus ESPN, who wins that one? Maybe neither. What happens if Carolina drafts Newton and Denver Dareus, not an unrealistic scenario?We will then take Von Miller. I think those are the 3 at the top of the Bills board, Dareus, Newton, Miller in that order.

tampabay25690
03-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Well for one thing there are huge character concerns about Newton which I brought up a long time ago. Add in the fact he could not hit his receivers at the combine or his pro day. How does anyone think Newton can pass against an NFL defense when he is not all that good throwing to receivers without any defense?

Funny thing is he hit WR'S all last year and they had defenders.
I understand the charcater issues.
I use to have character issues as well but I grew up......

tampabay25690
03-24-2011, 03:29 PM

WOW........Yikes

tampabay25690
03-24-2011, 03:31 PM
All the Cam Newton lovers were probably Jimmy Clausen lovers last year.

Who says Jimmy Clausen wont be good???????
Was his 1st year on a TERRIBLE TEAM...
I think a year or 2 Jimmy Clasuen will be a good qb imo.......

T-Long
03-24-2011, 05:49 PM
I heard you yesterday.....
You should have stayed on they wanted you to finish and talk more......
I was late for work so I had to hurry up or else I would have stayed in. I wanted to go back and forth with them but like I said, I was late for work and I was standing outside the office as soon as I heard their answer

tampabay25690
03-24-2011, 06:52 PM
I was late for work so I had to hurry up or else I would have stayed in. I wanted to go back and forth with them but like I said, I was late for work and I was standing outside the office as soon as I heard their answer

Gotcha......
By the way Yes that was me on today with Adam and Rich...
Ur mailbox is full.....
I get on alot since I drive around all day for work.....
SO I listen to NFL talk all day on sirius......