PDA

View Full Version : Broncos almost certain to take Dareus

psubills62
03-23-2011, 09:48 PM
More smoke? Here's hoping, though I think Dareus makes the most sense for Denver as well as us...

According to NFL Network's Mike Mayock, "everybody in the league" feels it would be an "upset" of the Broncos don't draft Alabama DT Marcell Dareus with the No. 2 pick in the draft.

"Everybody in the league" is apparently already resigned to the fact that Carolina is drafting a quarterback. Dareus easily makes the most sense for a Denver team with perhaps the poorest defensive tackle depth chart in football. Dareus would give the Broncos another front-seven building block between young defensive end starters Elvis Dumervil (RE) and Robert Ayers (LE).
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6472/marcell-dareus

Danny Duberstein
03-23-2011, 09:51 PM
C'mon Denver. Gotta replace Champ sometime. Take Peterson!

Oaf
03-24-2011, 12:23 AM
I hope so! I want Dareus!

BertSquirtgum
03-24-2011, 01:01 AM
**** you denver. you really need a fig newton.

ChristopherWalken
03-24-2011, 07:34 AM
I don't really see Denver or Carolina needing to use smoke screens.

The King
03-24-2011, 07:36 AM
There's no way they pass... John Fox is taking Dareus

DraftBoy
03-24-2011, 07:38 AM
So we know what we are going to have now;

1 of the QB's and Bowers, Quinn, Jordan, Miller, Green, and Peterson to choose from.

Dr. Lecter
03-24-2011, 07:40 AM

1 of the QB's and Bowers, Quinn, Jordan, Miller, Green, and Peterson to choose from.
I would take Fairley before Bowers or the remaining QB

DraftBoy
03-24-2011, 07:41 AM
I would take Fairley before Bowers or the remaining QB

I dont even think he's being considered as of now, or has been for a while.

Bills Juggernaut
03-24-2011, 08:19 AM

Then we should go BPA........ Peterson (and I'm a guy who hates the idea of picking another CB with the first).

better days
03-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Then we should go BPA........ Peterson (and I'm a guy who hates the idea of picking another CB with the first).

I agree take BPA............Miller.

Lone Stranger
03-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Interesting.

EDS
03-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Every year it seems the Bills screw up the pick by taking the wrong guy (i.e., Whitner over Ngata) or the player need is taken one or two picks before the Bills: Rothlisberger, Willis, Raji, McClain, etc.

bosshogg21
03-24-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm not sold. They could easily take bowers. He is much more like a Julius peppers type for fox than dareus.

Tatonka
03-24-2011, 10:28 AM

if that is what our choices are, i would REALLY hope for a trade down scenario.. if we could drop 10 spots or so and grab a guy like Watt or Jordan and grab a guy like Legit in the 2nd round, i would feel much better.

Tatonka
03-24-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm not sold. They could easily take bowers. He is much more like a Julius peppers type for fox than dareus.

they already have dumerville, who is a good DE and just spent a pick on Ayers last year.. i dont see it.

DraftBoy
03-24-2011, 11:08 AM
if that is what our choices are, i would REALLY hope for a trade down scenario.. if we could drop 10 spots or so and grab a guy like Watt or Jordan and grab a guy like Legit in the 2nd round, i would feel much better.

From what Im hearing we move out the top 10 Jordan is not going to be there and I dont think Liuget is getting out of the 1st Round.

Im not high on Watt.

psubills62
03-24-2011, 11:15 AM
If Cam Jordan is their target, I can't see them moving very far down. Teams have been very quite on him lately, but I still think he goes in the top 10.

To be honest...I almost wonder if the Cardinals would be willing to move up to #3. They're sitting at #5, and from what I've read (might be smokescreens, but who knows), they're high on both QB's and Von Miller. It's possible that all three could be gone by then. If Carolina puts the pressure on by taking a QB, I'd call Arizona and see if they were possibly interested in moving up a couple spots.

Ed
03-24-2011, 11:18 AM
I really hope Denver prefers Fairley, but Dareus is probably the more likely pick.

I still think that if Gabbert or Newton go #1, there's a good chance someone might trade up to #2 to grab the other qb. Denver has a lot of holes on D, so I think they would definitely be willing to move down if the price is right. That would give the Bills their choice of any defensive player they like.

I also heard John Fox talking about Von Miller on local sports radio here in Denver yesterday and they seem high on him too. So I think he's still in play at #2.

DraftBoy
03-24-2011, 11:19 AM
If Cam Jordan is their target, I can't see them moving very far down. Teams have been very quite on him lately, but I still think he goes in the top 10.

To be honest...I almost wonder if the Cardinals would be willing to move up to #3. They're sitting at #5, and from what I've read (might be smokescreens, but who knows), they're high on both QB's and Von Miller. It's possible that all three could be gone by then. If Carolina puts the pressure on by taking a QB, I'd call Arizona and see if they were possibly interested in moving up a couple spots.

I agree that's the pick you target because you know Cincy is going to take a long look at the QB's. But Arizona is onyl going to move up for a QB. So they would basically be quitting on Skelton and Max Hall.

psubills62
03-24-2011, 11:34 AM
I agree that's the pick you target because you know Cincy is going to take a long look at the QB's. But Arizona is onyl going to move up for a QB. So they would basically be quitting on Skelton and Max Hall.
And I wouldn't be surprised if they've already essentially quit on them, outside of developing them into #2's.

Extremebillsfan247
03-24-2011, 11:41 AM
lol I think everyone who doesn't like Cam Newton better start hoping Carolina falls in love with him. If he falls to 3, He's our new Quarterback. If Newton is off the board at 3, we will roll with Von Miller, and most likely take a QB at 34.

Danny Duberstein
03-24-2011, 05:47 PM
There's no way they pass... John Fox is taking Dareus

I agree.

His first pick as head coach of the Panthers (also 2nd overall) was also a D-Lineman (Peppers).

Funny that Fox, a former defensive back, and defensive backs coach, chose to put his stamp on the franchise by getting a D-Lineman, and he supposedly wants to do it again. Just goes to show you that Linemen are more valuable than D-Backs.

The King
03-25-2011, 07:25 AM
This is also how Parcells built all his teams with the front 7.