• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

B's Habs tonight

Heading to the game tonight should be interesting with the whole Chara Pacioretty thing.

A lot of people think its going to be physical but I see the Canadiens working on their diving tonight. The refs aren't going to let things get out of control.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• The King
    • Jun 2004

Re: B's Habs tonight

Here's Recchi's comments about the incident.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

There is almost always a big buildup for these things and nothing happens.

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

Ther Canadiens are not really physical but the game before the Chara drama there was something like 120 penalty mins, so who knows.
        It was all

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

wow, recchi's comments pretty much ensure that there will be blood tonight.

even if he is right, the canadiens aren't going to accept being called out. and if he is wrong, the canadiens are going to be pissed for being called fakers.

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

You're forgetting how soft they are. White will be sure to get in a fight tonight... the Bruins did not appreciate his instigator penalty last game. But other than him... the Habs are bunch of turtles.
            It was all

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

Recchi is a classless ahole.

Comment

• Mski
                • Mar 2006

Too much hype, refs won't let it turn into the fiasco before....

Snooze
                RIP Tommy D!
                12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I just wanna see a goalie fight.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

Nothing will happen.

"NHL commissioner Gary Bettman met with Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli and Montreal Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier last week in Florida and made it clear to both that Thursday's game between Montreal and Boston had better not result in a gong show."

"The NHL isn't taking extraordinary measures to police the game, however veteran referees Dan O'Halloran and Dan O'Rourke have been assigned to manage the on-ice crew, while Terry Gregson, the league's director of officiating will also be on site to monitor the action from the press box."

Last edited by DMBcrew36; 03-24-2011, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                      Recchi is a classless ahole.
                      Wow. Really?

I probably have more respect for him than any other player in the NHL. And that has nothing to do with his remarks.
                      Last edited by The King; 03-24-2011, 12:13 PM.
                      It was all

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
                        Wow. Really?

I probably have more respect for him than any other player in the NHL. And that has nothing to do with his remarks.
                        Absolutely. I've hated him for years.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

hopefully a bruins player goes into the turnbuckle early in the game leading with his teeth and a montreal player has a clean hockey play of nudging a guy into the turnbuckle and ends with ensuring his elbow finishes off the back of the bruins head. This way we know there are no double standards and that the bruins really do enjoy watching that style of hockey.

no suspensions, no punishment,

Comment

• SabreEleven
                            • Aug 2002

I'll watching this game but if Jack Edwards is announcing, I'll see what is on OWN.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                              I'll watching this game but if Jack Edwards is announcing, I'll see what is on OWN.
                              Ugh.... NESN is the only feed on Centre Ice Package.

Listening to this blow-hard mispronouncing names and pretending to know what he's talking about is absolutely painful.

It's Sou-ban ... not Sou-bahn.
                              Last edited by DMBcrew36; 03-24-2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X