PDA

View Full Version : mayock q & a

djjimkelly
03-25-2011, 04:03 PM
adam, NY
3:03 PM ET
Mike, yer are the draft guru along with the Godfather i respect the most...honestly if you are the Bills do you take Newton/Gabbert at #3??? are they really worth it or is it better to fix the D and hope you have a shot at Luck/Barkley next yr?If Dareus is available how do you pass for Cam/Blaine?
Mike Mayock, NFL Network
Mike Mayock, NFL Network
Hey Adam, I always say that a franchise QB trumps all needs. So you can bet your butt they are evaluating both Newton and Gabbert. If Gabbert was available at 3 I would jump all over him. But I think Chan and Buddy have a healthy respect for Newton as well. If they pass on the QB, look for Von Miller or Patrick Peterson to be the pick.

so according to this

its gonna be

gabbert
newton i pray no
miller
peterson

i could live in fact id be happy with any of these picks except newton and mayock is always right

Mski
03-25-2011, 04:07 PM
so according to this

its gonna be

gabbert
newton i pray no
miller
peterson

i could live in fact id be happy with any of these picks except newton and mayock is always right

hard to be wrong when he picked 4 of the likely top 6 players

cookie G
03-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Gabbert's agent is going to make Mayock a wealthy man someday.

Dying_-2-_Live
03-25-2011, 08:01 PM
hard to be wrong when he picked 4 of the likely top 6 players

Haha i thought the same thing...mock drafts are basically "poke and hope"

TigerJ
03-26-2011, 01:41 PM
I read that to say he thinks Gabbert is the QB they should pick iff they get a QB at #3. I didn't see that part of it as a prediction. He's got about an 80%-90% chance of being right with his naming of four players, especially if Denver drafts Dareus as many expect.

BillsWin
03-26-2011, 01:55 PM
I'd like Gabbert. I'd also like Miller. I'd rather we not pick Newton and I could live without Peterson even though he's a very good player.

Extremebillsfan247
03-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Here is what I think, it will come down to 4 things on draft day. 1. Dareus slips and we take him. 2 Dareus is gone so we take Cam Newton. 3 Newton ends up with Carolina, Denver takes Dareus, in which we take Von Miller. 4 A team like Washington, Dallas, or Minnesota offer a tremendous package deal to move up, we get more draft picks, and end up with a player like Bowers, Quinn who both are likely to drop due to injury questions, or Cam Jordan. I could be wrong here, but I don't think Gabbert is even in the picture. I just don't see him as being a guy Nix, and Gailey would favor but that's my opinion.

Don't Panic
03-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Here is what I think, it will come down to 4 things on draft day. 1. Dareus slips and we take him. 2 Dareus is gone so we take Cam Newton. 3 Newton ends up with Carolina, Denver takes Dareus, in which we take Von Miller. 4 A team like Washington, Dallas, or Minnesota offer a tremendous package deal to move up, we get more draft picks, and end up with a player like Bowers, Quinn who both are likely to drop due to injury questions, or Cam Jordan. I could be wrong here, but I don't think Gabbert is even in the picture. I just don't see him as being a guy Nix, and Gailey would favor but that's my opinion.

Sounds about right to me. I'd hope for option 3 if those are the choices...

Bangarang
03-26-2011, 10:01 PM
I still think Gabbert has some of the worst pocket presence I've ever seen. Is that something that can be worked on? Or is it just one of those, you either have it or don't sort of things?

tampabay25690
03-27-2011, 08:19 AM
I still think Gabbert has some of the worst pocket presence I've ever seen. Is that something that can be worked on? Or is it just one of those, you either have it or don't sort of things?

Im still trying to figure out how he is a top 10 pick in the draft...
I guess thats why I don't get paid the big bucks to study guys....
Either this QB draft really really sucks or he is pretty good....

TacklingDummy
03-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Im still trying to figure out how he is a top 10 pick in the draft...

He's the tallest midget.

Gabbert should be thanking Luck.

Bangarang
03-27-2011, 09:09 AM
When facing 3rd and 8-10 last season, Gabbert had a whopping 3.2 YPA. Yikes. Even Trent is laughing at that.

bosshogg21
03-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Gabbert is garbage. If we draft him it will continue the first round bust pattern.

Bert102176
03-27-2011, 02:58 PM
I hope we take Von Miller