PDA

View Full Version : Why are we considering Gabbert and not...

Prov401
03-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Ryan Mallett

3,869 YDS, 32 TD's, 12 INT's, 64.7 CMP%

The best passer in this draft, without question. Best touch, best zip, best accuracy, best release.

Everybody marked him down as having a single digit wonderlic. Well, that didn't happen. As a matter of fact, he satisfies the QB rule everybody eat, sleeps, and breathes by on this board.

He's big, strong, and accurate.

I'm not making a case to draft him at #3. I'm just saying, if we're considering someone who is far less accurate, has zero touch, cannot throw the deep pass, checks down, came out of f'n nowhere once Luck dropped out... If we are conisdering Blaine Gabbert at 3, why the hell are we not considering drafting someone who is clearly a better passer than him.

The 40 time is ridiculous. Marino wasn't blazing, and Brady ran a 5.3.

I don't get it.

Mallett is the best QB in this draft. Yet we're considering drafting Alex Smith 2.0, and that's probably a compliment.

BertSquirtgum
03-25-2011, 05:50 PM
because chan gailey likes mobile quarterbacks, not quarterbacks that run like they have cement blocks as their feet.

Mski
03-25-2011, 05:52 PM
just because he's slow running in a line, doesnt mean he's not mobile. ie: Peyton Manning

Prov401
03-25-2011, 05:56 PM
because chan gailey likes mobile quarterbacks, not quarterbacks that run like they have cement blocks as their feet.

lol, I love the obsession with QB's who move, and are fast.

Not once has a running QB ever won the super bowl.

Hell, look recently. Brady and both Mannings aren't speedy QB's. They are good a eluding pressure, and stepping up in the pocket. Being fast and having good pocket presence are two totally different things.

Raptor
03-25-2011, 06:36 PM
To much off the field stuff. With that much smoke there has to be a fire somewhere

justasportsfan
03-25-2011, 06:38 PM
more red flags

Danny Duberstein
03-25-2011, 06:45 PM
idk.....heading into the 2010 season, I really wanted Mallet. But as I watched him play, I slowly started to sour on him. Now, I don't even think I'd want him.

I'm not concerned with his speed, or athleticism. Or the off-field stuff. What bothers me is the way he collapses under pressure. He just looks like he folds up way too easily. I can't stomach another pussy quarterback.

If he goes to a team with a good OLine (maybe Minnesota), I think he could be good. But let's be honest, if we draft him, he'll be under pressure constantly, and I think he'll just fold.

BertSquirtgum
03-25-2011, 07:22 PM
just because he's slow running in a line, doesnt mean he's not mobile. ie: Peyton Manning
are you saying peyton manning is mobile? :laughing:

he sits in the pocket all day long.

YardRat
03-25-2011, 07:39 PM
lol, I love the obsession with QB's who move, and are fast.

Not once has a running QB ever won the super bowl.

Hell, look recently. Brady and both Mannings aren't speedy QB's. They are good a eluding pressure, and stepping up in the pocket. Being fast and having good pocket presence are two totally different things.

Although I agree with you, Steve Young was a pretty good running QB.

I liked Mallett very early in the season, but became less impressed with him the more I watched. He's a slow-footed system QB with possible character issues. I might be OK with taking a chance on him in the second or third, but no way at #3.

BidsJr
03-25-2011, 07:52 PM

While your premise is true.... He still isn't mobile. Even in the pocket.

Mski
03-25-2011, 07:57 PM
are you saying peyton manning is mobile? :laughing:

he sits in the pocket all day long.i am saying he is mobile, and he does sit in the pocket all day long, and he is able to do that because of his mobility within the pocket

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Three months ago nobody mentions this kids name. One of the draft "experts" says he is the one of the best qbs in the country and all of a sudden everyone wants him and everyone loves him, here are two reasons I don't think so:

Can't get embedded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZWc8ZnW0Lw

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q5nGYHLeB2g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Philagape
03-25-2011, 09:17 PM

Elway too

BertSquirtgum
03-25-2011, 09:39 PM

I liked Mallett very early in the season, but became less impressed with him the more I watched. He's a slow-footed system QB with possible character issues. I might be OK with taking a chance on him in the second or third, but no way at #3.

I would rather the Bills take a chance on Jake Locker in the third than Mallett.

Prov401
03-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Three months ago nobody mentions this kids name. One of the draft "experts" says he is the one of the best qbs in the country and all of a sudden everyone wants him and everyone loves him, here are two reasons I don't think so:

I'm telling you bro, I have no clue what the attraction is to this clown. He's nothing special at all. And you should definitely be something special to be selected at #3 in the NFL draft.

Mallett will have a better career than goldie locks... book it.

Prov401
03-25-2011, 10:55 PM

I'm not saying we should take him at 3.

What I'm asking is, to the people that are drooling over Gabbert at 3, why the hell is he worth the pick but Mallett isn't? I don't see ANYTHING AT ALL that makes Gabbert so special. And yes, I shouted the caps while I was typing. The kid is so average it isn't funny.

BertSquirtgum
03-25-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm telling you bro, I have no clue what the attraction is to this clown. He's nothing special at all. And you should definitely be something special to be selected at #3 in the NFL draft.

Mallett will have a better career than goldie locks... book it.

if he gets drafted by the right team, that very well could happen.

Commissioner
03-26-2011, 07:10 AM
If Carolina takes Gabbert.... i have no problem with the Bills trading down to #10 or so and taking Mallett....

but then again... i want a QB this draft.

Mike13
03-26-2011, 08:43 AM
http://chorpenning.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/dr-rockso-the-rock-and-roll-clown-dr-rockso-dethklok-cocaine-demotivational-poster-1248934729.jpg

Blacksheep71
03-26-2011, 08:54 AM
There's a lack of mobility and then there is Mallett. He's so slow they could record his 40 using a sun dial

I don't want a QB in this draft period

1) We have an adequate starter in Fitzpatrick and with so many needs we can't have our No3 pick riding the pine.

2) We have a load of other needs that need addressing - OL, TE, DL, LB and we are thin in the secondary

3) Newton, Gabbert - as well as Locker, Mallett, have a high risk medium reward co-efficient ... I don't think any will be a star

We need to have two drafts 2011 and 2012 to fix this team. This year we need to focus on the defence, with the exception of TE where I'd take Rudolph simply as he's the best player at his position this year and next. Of our 9 selections, at least two-thirds should be on the defensive side, with 2 DL, 2 LB and 2 DB

As the offense has proven adequate enough to avoid humiliation if anything we should look at it next year especially under center - clearly Luck and Barkley will be at the top of the class, but Nick Foles (Arizona) Lance Jones (Oklahoma), John Brantley (Florida) and Kirk Cousins (Michigan St) all are strong possibilities to be better than anyone in this class

Dujek
03-26-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm still of the opinion that Mallett will have the best NFL career out of any of the QBs in this draft. He is an exceptional passer of the football, and he has enough pocket mobility and presence to avoid pressure, even if he isn't the fastest guy in the world.