PDA

View Full Version : Bills work-out UNLV OL Duo

DraftBoy
03-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Per NFLDraftBible's Bo Marchionte;

@BoMarchionte:UNLV OL John Gianninoto and Mark Murphy had a private workout for Buffalo Bills, Indianapolis Colts and Miami Dolphins on March 27

k-oneputt
03-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Who are these guys ?

The Bills crack scouting dept. is re-inventing the wheel again.

Bangarang
03-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Who are these guys ?

John Gianninoto - Center/Guard - 6'4 295lb

Mark Murphy - Tackle - 6'4 304lb

DraftBoy
03-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Who are these guys ?

Just a couple of options late in the draft or as FA. They dont have to work out only top end prospects you know.

Extremebillsfan247
03-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Who are these guys ?

The Bills crack scouting dept. is re-inventing the wheel again. Actually, this is the kind of thing you should want to hear about. It means the Bills scouting department is leaving no stone unturned in scouting for talent. That's fantastic in my opinion.

k-oneputt
03-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Actually, this is the kind of thing you should want to hear about. It means the Bills scouting department is leaving no stone unturned in scouting for talent. That's fantastic in my opinion.

Yeah, it sounds like one of their "we are smart picks" that always suck.

TigerJ
03-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Bills recent draft history suggests they tend to out think themselves in the early rounds, but then they draft pretty smartly in the later rounds and sign some pretty ggood undrafted free agents. These guys won't be early draft picks, believe me.

Extremebillsfan247
03-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Yeah, it sounds like one of their "we are smart picks" that always suck. It's a 7 round draft in which we get 9 picks. If all we do is scout for the top of our draft but neglect the rest, how is that helping to build a better team? Just wondering. You seem disappointed that the Bills are scouring for late round talent even though that is what they should be doing. Am I misunderstanding you here?

k-oneputt
03-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Those guys will not even be drafted.
I'm disappointed they always reach for some guy that no one else will even draft to think they actually know what they are doing.
Write their names down and we will look back to see where these guys go.

Extremebillsfan247
03-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Those guys will not even be drafted.
I'm disappointed they always reach for some guy that no one else will even draft to think they actually know what they are doing.
Write their names down and we will look back to see where these guys go.
If you don't scout the James Madisons of the college ranks, you miss out on guys like Arthur Moats. That's why they do it.

k-oneputt
03-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Moats is decent. You want the other 100 names of the guys that sucked ?

Point is I am sick of all these small school guys that are in over their head. Every now and then they will hit but this team goes way overboard.
Stevie Johnson, Jason Peters, David Nelson....SEC. Free agents and 7th rd. pick.
There is a reason most of those kids play at the best football schools.....they are better players.

psubills62
03-27-2011, 09:44 PM
I guess Bill Polian is wasting time with Indy scouts working those guys out as well. That guy doesn't know anything. What a loser.

better days
03-27-2011, 10:22 PM

What are you talking about? The Bills have had some good picks in the later rnds of the draft.

better days
03-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Moats is decent. You want the other 100 names of the guys that sucked ?

Point is I am sick of all these small school guys that are in over their head. Every now and then they will hit but this team goes way overboard.
Stevie Johnson, Jason Peters, David Nelson....SEC. Free agents and 7th rd. pick.
There is a reason most of those kids play at the best football schools.....they are better players.

I guess Andre Reed sucked. Why did they ever waste their time on him?

DesertFox24
03-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Yeah I guess we should not scout small school prospects and miss out on guys like Jerome Harrison, Antonio Gates, Andre Reed, McGee, Johnny Knox, Rasheen Mathis, Derek Cox, Terrance Knighton, Moats, etc....

When will people get it out of their head that just because they went to a big school does not mean they are good.

CJ Ah Oh was a big school 7th rounder and he did not make the team, same for Kyle Calloway.

You do realize that colleges can not recruit all of the small schools in the US and tend to miss on prospects here quite often.

k-oneputt
03-28-2011, 08:05 AM
I guess Andre Reed sucked. Why did they ever waste their time on him?

He's part of the every now and then. It would take me all morning to list the others.
My point is I think they go to far in that direction. They want to find that small school gem that nobody knows about and for the most part they just continue to make bad draft picks. Maybe you are in favor with their draft philosphy the last ten years, I'm not., because it is not working.
I hope their latest draft pans out but because they need Troup and Carrington to produce. And I'm still waiting on McKelvin. No need to get into Brown in last years 7th rd. Another waste. Batten who knows, I'm not counting on him to be honest. Moats looks like he has some pass rush skills, not much else imo. And that is when they finally decided to move him back outside. Go fiqure.
With our nine picks this year I expect at least three to be small school guys. Then they will go into free agency and find some SEC players that will help again. Nelson and Coleman last year. It's all half-assed backwards like their team for a decade.

k-oneputt
03-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Yeah I guess we should not scout small school prospects and miss out on guys like Jerome Harrison, Antonio Gates, Andre Reed, McGee, Johnny Knox, Rasheen Mathis, Derek Cox, Terrance Knighton, Moats, etc....

When will people get it out of their head that just because they went to a big school does not mean they are good.

CJ Ah Oh was a big school 7th rounder and he did not make the team, same for Kyle Calloway.

You do realize that colleges can not recruit all of the small schools in the US and tend to miss on prospects here quite often.

You do know the best recruits coming out of High School usually go to the best football schools ??? There is always the exception but not a third of your draft.

Novacane
03-28-2011, 08:08 AM

Nah. They make those picks in round 1.

k-oneputt
03-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Nah. They make those picks in round 1.

Yep they do that too. That is when they are in their "we are smarter then you mode" and take 4th rd. players in the top 15 picks.
It's worked out well don't you think ?

mayotm
03-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Yep they do that too. That is when they are in their "we are smarter then you mode" and take 4th rd. players in the top 15 picks.
It's worked out well don't you think ?The Bills meeting with later round picks and / or potential UDFA's is nothing different than any other team does. There are plenty of things to ***** about with the Bills. This isn't one of them.

k-oneputt
03-28-2011, 10:05 AM
The Bills meeting with later round picks and / or potential UDFA's is nothing different than any other team does. There are plenty of things to ***** about with the Bills. This isn't one of them.

My problem is when they draft all these bums that the majority of teams would not even consider.