X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Boyes

Not bad for a team that doesn't know what it's doing.

Weird, you can put a guy that isn't all that good on a talent-less team, and it seemed to work out fairly well. Hmmm... I guess anybody can get lucky once in a while.

• Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Boyes

Doesn't take a genius to trade a 2nd round pick for a very good player. Just sayin'

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
      Not bad for a team that doesn't know what it's doing.

Weird, you can put a guy that isn't all that good on a talent-less team, and it seemed to work out fairly well. Hmmm... I guess anybody can get lucky once in a while.
      Lmao- 4 years of useless trade deadline moves. One trade deadline acquisition shows competence for a month, and suddenly the team knows what it's doing? I love it how the last 4 weeks consistently makes you forget about the last 4 years.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Lmao- 4 years of useless trade deadline moves. One trade deadline acquisition shows competence for a month, and suddenly the team knows what it's doing? I love it how the last 4 weeks consistently makes you forget about the last 4 years.
        OP, don't get to worked up...this is how he posts about both franchises...it's his thing. Wait til something good happens, then say how stupid it is for anybody to *****. It's kind of humorous...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Good move for sure but what about the last couple years.... Reiger could be back on track but he needs to prove me more.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

I know this is being petty, but wouldn't this be the first pickup by this regime. I understand it is the same GM, but new regime.

Comment

• Jamiezzz
              • Jan 2010

As far as I'm concerned, Regier gets a clean slate. I have not been impressed by him, at all, in the past. I am not sure if it was him, Quinn, Golisano, or even all three that made these lackluster moves to improve this team. So with a new regime in place, willing to do what it takes to win, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. As of now, he is a plus 1 with the Boyes pick-up. Just my opinion.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                I know this is being petty, but wouldn't this be the first pickup by this regime. I understand it is the same GM, but new regime.
                It's still Darcy making the decisions. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, because Quinn and Golisano may have pulled the purse strings so tight that he had no chance. And the Boyes pickup is encouraging that things may have changed for the better.

That being said, it still doesn't make sense to let 4 weeks of good play from Boyes erase all the past failures like Torres, Brenier, Zubrus (although I don't think Zubrus was as horrible as the rest), Moore, etc. On top of that, we still haven't clinched a playoff spot. Beebe's Kid is premature in his praise. He doesn't like it when people criticize the team- no matter how apt the criticism is- so he can't wait to throw it back in their faces when the team does one little thing to prove they aren't completely incompetent.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                  Doesn't take a genius to trade a 2nd round pick for a very good player. Just sayin'
                  Yea, but is usually some other team making the trade and not the Sabres and we sit here posting why can't the Sabres make that kind of trade.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

Hard to argue. I liked him a lot as a Bruin but Sinden let the team collapse around him. When he traded Thornton.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

Kaberle has been a disappointment offensively.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        It's still Darcy making the decisions. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, because Quinn and Golisano may have pulled the purse strings so tight that he had no chance. And the Boyes pickup is encouraging that things may have changed for the better.

That being said, it still doesn't make sense to let 4 weeks of good play from Boyes erase all the past failures like Torres, Brenier, Zubrus (although I don't think Zubrus was as horrible as the rest), Moore, etc. On top of that, we still haven't clinched a playoff spot. Beebe's Kid is premature in his praise. He doesn't like it when people criticize the team- no matter how apt the criticism is- so he can't wait to throw it back in their faces when the team does one little thing to prove they aren't completely incompetent.

I Dont think Zubrus was a failure..

Torres and Bernier.. Yeah...
                        Skate Zilla
                        -----------------------
                        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• PTI
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

James Wisniewski has been the best pickup even though it happened way before trade deadline. Boyes has been real nice for the Sabres though.

Comment

• Electrici
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by SkateZilla
                            I Dont think Zubrus was a failure..

Torres and Bernier.. Yeah...

Agreed. IMO Zubrus made the whole play on the Drury goal against the Rangers in the playoffs taking out two Rags in the corner, by himself. That alone made the move worth it.
                            Last edited by Electrici; 03-28-2011, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Crisis
                              • Aug 2004

zubrus was a beast in the playoffs, he was definitely a good pick up (and nj fans love him now too)
                              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              Vanek is Austrian not European
                              Originally posted by Prov401
                              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                              Originally posted by better days
                              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X