PDA

View Full Version : Boyes

Beebe's Kid
03-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Not bad for a team that doesn't know what it's doing.

Weird, you can put a guy that isn't all that good on a talent-less team, and it seemed to work out fairly well. Hmmm... I guess anybody can get lucky once in a while.

Nighthawk
03-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Doesn't take a genius to trade a 2nd round pick for a very good player. Just sayin'

OpIv37
03-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Not bad for a team that doesn't know what it's doing.

Weird, you can put a guy that isn't all that good on a talent-less team, and it seemed to work out fairly well. Hmmm... I guess anybody can get lucky once in a while.
Lmao- 4 years of useless trade deadline moves. One trade deadline acquisition shows competence for a month, and suddenly the team knows what it's doing? I love it how the last 4 weeks consistently makes you forget about the last 4 years.

Nighthawk
03-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Lmao- 4 years of useless trade deadline moves. One trade deadline acquisition shows competence for a month, and suddenly the team knows what it's doing? I love it how the last 4 weeks consistently makes you forget about the last 4 years.

OP, don't get to worked up...this is how he posts about both franchises...it's his thing. Wait til something good happens, then say how stupid it is for anybody to *****. It's kind of humorous...

THATHURMANATOR
03-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Good move for sure but what about the last couple years.... Reiger could be back on track but he needs to prove me more.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-27-2011, 08:14 PM
I know this is being petty, but wouldn't this be the first pickup by this regime. I understand it is the same GM, but new regime.

Jamiezzz
03-27-2011, 09:30 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Regier gets a clean slate. I have not been impressed by him, at all, in the past. I am not sure if it was him, Quinn, Golisano, or even all three that made these lackluster moves to improve this team. So with a new regime in place, willing to do what it takes to win, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. As of now, he is a plus 1 with the Boyes pick-up. Just my opinion.

OpIv37
03-27-2011, 09:37 PM
I know this is being petty, but wouldn't this be the first pickup by this regime. I understand it is the same GM, but new regime.

It's still Darcy making the decisions. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, because Quinn and Golisano may have pulled the purse strings so tight that he had no chance. And the Boyes pickup is encouraging that things may have changed for the better.

That being said, it still doesn't make sense to let 4 weeks of good play from Boyes erase all the past failures like Torres, Brenier, Zubrus (although I don't think Zubrus was as horrible as the rest), Moore, etc. On top of that, we still haven't clinched a playoff spot. Beebe's Kid is premature in his praise. He doesn't like it when people criticize the team- no matter how apt the criticism is- so he can't wait to throw it back in their faces when the team does one little thing to prove they aren't completely incompetent.

don137
03-28-2011, 07:18 AM
Doesn't take a genius to trade a 2nd round pick for a very good player. Just sayin'
Yea, but is usually some other team making the trade and not the Sabres and we sit here posting why can't the Sabres make that kind of trade.

The King
03-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Hard to argue. I liked him a lot as a Bruin but Sinden let the team collapse around him. When he traded Thornton.

The King
03-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Kaberle has been a disappointment offensively.

SkateZilla
03-28-2011, 06:14 PM
It's still Darcy making the decisions. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, because Quinn and Golisano may have pulled the purse strings so tight that he had no chance. And the Boyes pickup is encouraging that things may have changed for the better.

That being said, it still doesn't make sense to let 4 weeks of good play from Boyes erase all the past failures like Torres, Brenier, Zubrus (although I don't think Zubrus was as horrible as the rest), Moore, etc. On top of that, we still haven't clinched a playoff spot. Beebe's Kid is premature in his praise. He doesn't like it when people criticize the team- no matter how apt the criticism is- so he can't wait to throw it back in their faces when the team does one little thing to prove they aren't completely incompetent.

I Dont think Zubrus was a failure..

Torres and Bernier.. Yeah...

PTI
03-28-2011, 06:50 PM
James Wisniewski has been the best pickup even though it happened way before trade deadline. Boyes has been real nice for the Sabres though.

Electrici
03-28-2011, 08:48 PM
I Dont think Zubrus was a failure..

Torres and Bernier.. Yeah...

Agreed. IMO Zubrus made the whole play on the Drury goal against the Rangers in the playoffs taking out two Rags in the corner, by himself. That alone made the move worth it.

Crisis
03-28-2011, 08:57 PM
zubrus was a beast in the playoffs, he was definitely a good pick up (and nj fans love him now too)

Demon
03-28-2011, 11:18 PM

You're an idiot.

G Wolly
03-29-2011, 12:28 AM
love it how the last 4 weeks consistently makes you forget about the last 4 years.

Why is it always "forgetting" or "accepting" our faults with you?

No one is denying where we've been or the mistakes that have been made which have been plentiful.

Just because some of us choose to look ahead and see this as a step in the right direction?

C'mon man.

OpIv37
03-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Why is it always "forgetting" or "accepting" our faults with you?

No one is denying where we've been or the mistakes that have been made which have been plentiful.

Just because some of us choose to look ahead and see this as a step in the right direction?

C'mon man.

With me? I was just responding to what he wrote. He wasn't talking about "a step in the right direction." His post was sarcastically implying that people were wrong to criticize the team, which is at best premature.

And for the record, I did acknowledge that the Boyes trade was encouraging. But it's unrealistic to assume that the future will be better because of one good move in 4 years.

OpIv37
03-29-2011, 08:45 AM
You're an idiot.

Clever, insightful post. Why don't you try responding to it instead of immediately resorting to childish name-calling because you can't counter the point?

JD
03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Clever, insightful post. Why don't you try responding to it instead of immediately resorting to childish name-calling because you can't counter the point?
Don't mind Lukas, he likes men.

G Wolly
03-29-2011, 12:40 PM
But it's unrealistic to assume that the future will be better because of one good move in 4 years.

I can predict the future as well as you can, which is not at all.

Which is probably why you always complain about the past, because it's factual and you can't be proven wrong, but the way you go about it is childish and idiotic.

You're also assuming that this move won't make us better because of "4 years of failure"

OpIv37
03-29-2011, 12:48 PM
I can predict the future as well as you can, which is not at all.

Which is probably why you always complain about the past, because it's factual and you can't be proven wrong, but the way you go about it is childish and idiotic.

You're also assuming that this move won't make us better because of "4 years of failure"

Of course I complain about the past. It's a little hard to complain about things that haven't happened yet.

And this may come as a shock to you, but past performance is a pretty damn good indicator of future performance. You don't have to be psychic to predict that the people who have failed for the past 4 years will continue to fail in the future.

G Wolly
03-29-2011, 01:04 PM
You don't have to be psychic to predict that the people who have failed for the past 4 years will continue to fail in the future.

I think the Phoenix Coyotes would disagree.

chernobylwraiths
03-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Of course I complain about the past. It's a little hard to complain about things that haven't happened yet.

And this may come as a shock to you, but past performance is a pretty damn good indicator of future performance. You don't have to be psychic to predict that the people who have failed for the past 4 years will continue to fail in the future.

Then why did you vote for George Bush a second time?

OpIv37
03-29-2011, 01:25 PM
I think the Phoenix Coyotes would disagree.

Ah yes, the Billszone mantra of using the exception to prove the rule. I think the Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs, New York Islanders, Florida Panthers and Edmonton Oilers would agree.

Past performance isn't a 100% perfect indicator, but it's a pretty damn good one. For every example of a team that has consistently failed in the past getting better without making major changes, there are 10 that continued to fail.

OpIv37
03-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Then why did you vote for George Bush a second time?

Because I saw John Kerry speak live at an event here in DC and watched the table representing the AARP and the table representing the national teacher's union and the table representing the AFL-CIO stand up and applaud when Kerry said "I won't be beholden to special interests."

But that's a topic for a different forum.

chernobylwraiths
03-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Because I saw John Kerry speak live at an event here in DC and watched the table representing the AARP and the table representing the national teacher's union and the table representing the AFL-CIO stand up and applaud when Kerry said "I won't be beholden to special interests."

But that's a topic for a different forum.

Why the hell would you even go to one of those?

Anyway, regarding Boyes, it was a good move, not a great move. I mean the guy isn't setting any scoring records, plus he doesn't address the teams lack of physical play that will be evident in the playoffs.

The true test of Darcy will come in July during free agency. We can only wait and hope.

OpIv37
03-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Why the hell would you even go to one of those?

Anyway, regarding Boyes, it was a good move, not a great move. I mean the guy isn't setting any scoring records, plus he doesn't address the teams lack of physical play that will be evident in the playoffs.

The true test of Darcy will come in July during free agency. We can only wait and hope.

My wife's old employer put on the event so we got to go for free.

Regarding Boyes- I agree, it was a good move and the true test for Darcy will be July. That's basically my point- that Beebe's Kid is premature in sarcastically dismissing all the people who criticized the team.

G Wolly
03-29-2011, 01:42 PM
For every example of a team that has consistently failed in the past getting better without making major changes, there are 10 that continued to fail.

The point is that one move, although it is not a dynamite acquisition by any means, may or may not be beneficial to getting us to where we all want to be.

You don't know that, no one does. And basing the future off of past experience does make sense, but doesn't always mean it has to stay that way.

And again I say, just because this one move hasn't made us the best team, he has done his work so far and is hopefully one of many key moves to get us to where we need to be.

OpIv37
03-29-2011, 01:52 PM
The point is that one move, although it is not a dynamite acquisition by any means, may or may not be beneficial to getting us to where we all want to be.

You don't know that, no one does. And basing the future off of past experience does make sense, but doesn't always mean it has to stay that way.

And again I say, just because this one move hasn't made us the best team, he has done his work so far and is hopefully one of many key moves to get us to where we need to be.

We're saying the same thing. My only point is that the originator of this thread was premature to come in here and sarcastically imply that all the critics of this team were wrong, because we simply don't know yet.

Boyes could be the start of something new and positive, or he could be pure luck and nothing has changed. Until we know for sure then a) people shouldn't be talking **** about how great the team is and how the critics were wrong and b) I'm going to continue thinking that this team needs a major overhaul because, while past performance isn't a perfect indicator, it's pretty damn accurate and it's the best thing we have.

G Wolly
03-29-2011, 03:03 PM
thank you for finally meeting me halfway and coming to a mutual agreement.

feels good man.

Crisis
04-16-2011, 07:20 PM
he's been terrible lately.

almost single handedly lost the game

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-16-2011, 07:36 PM
He is going to steal the title from Miller, Mr. Softee.

camelcowboy
04-16-2011, 07:36 PM
he's been terrible lately.

almost single handedly lost the gamesucks at center