PDA

View Full Version : Do you see Malkin in the Sabres future?

JD
03-28-2011, 01:40 AM
The penguins have proven they can win without their top two guns in Crosby and Malkin.. so why not ship Malkin to retain their younger talent?

I can see it happening and by putting on my Patti glasses, I can see Malkin as our PP QB :hitit:

chernobylwraiths
03-28-2011, 05:47 AM
Satan part II? No thanks.

OpIv37
03-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Only on PS3.

THATHURMANATOR
03-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Satan part II? No thanks.
Hell of a lot better than Satan ever was.

OpIv37
03-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Hell of a lot better than Satan ever was.

agreed, but Pitt won't let him go without getting something insane in return. Under Golisano, this team didn't pursue top talent, and hopefully Pegula will be better. That being said, it isn't any wiser to give up solid players and prospects/picks for one guy who is going to eat a ton of cap- it's the proverbial "putting all the eggs in one basket."

So, if Pittsburgh is willing to trade Malkin, it would be worth a phone call to see what they want but he's not the "get him at all costs" type of player.

THATHURMANATOR
03-28-2011, 09:26 AM
I agree Op. Especially after blowing his knee out.

G Wolly
03-28-2011, 09:51 AM
I'd trade Connolly for him.

THRILLHO
03-28-2011, 10:09 AM
The penguins have proven they can win without their top two guns in Crosby and Malkin.. so why not ship Malkin to retain their younger talent?

I can see it happening and by putting on my Patti glasses, I can see Malkin as our PP QB :hitit:

Our last 4 wins have been from shootout. Since losing both Crosby and Malkin it has been a roller coaster ride. We cannot close games out, and do not get enough offensive pressure. They will not be trading Malkin.

Ebenezer
03-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Are threads like this what happens when people run out of mock drafts to write and have masturbated for the day?

trapezeus
03-28-2011, 11:05 AM
i'm guessing the sabres situation is very fluid. they are a hot team right now. if they go out in the first round in a whimper, everything that was true last year, remains true.

if they stay hot and go on a run, team's need for a big name player may change.

2011 sabres are entirely up in the air.

OpIv37
03-28-2011, 11:08 AM
i'm guessing the sabres situation is very fluid. they are a hot team right now. if they go out in the first round in a whimper, everything that was true last year, remains true.

if they stay hot and go on a run, team's need for a big name player may change.

2011 sabres are entirely up in the air.

If they stay hot and go on a run, adding a big name player could put them over the top. I still say the core of this team doesn't have what it takes to win it all.

trapezeus
03-28-2011, 11:33 AM
i don't know if the core next year will be the same. hecht, grier, connolly, stafford, neidermeyer aren't here. they aren't the best (not including Stafford), but new bodies will be here. having a superstar that demands more and is a bonafide leader may make the transition much easier.

or they could find a handful of more Boyes players to round out the team.

somehow, my gut says that they won't keep trying to sell vanek as superstar with Pegula. they'll rebrand him as a mogilny type guy and they'll be anxious to find their Lafontaine. i think portland has a few guys who will be ready to be consistent 10-20 goal scorers and play with heart. and subsequently, play for cheap to fit another big salary on the team.

chernobylwraiths
03-28-2011, 11:42 AM
i don't know if the core next year will be the same. hecht, grier, connolly, stafford, neidermeyer aren't here. they aren't the best (not including Stafford), but new bodies will be here. having a superstar that demands more and is a bonafide leader may make the transition much easier.

or they could find a handful of more Boyes players to round out the team.

somehow, my gut says that they won't keep trying to sell vanek as superstar with Pegula. they'll rebrand him as a mogilny type guy and they'll be anxious to find their Lafontaine. i think portland has a few guys who will be ready to be consistent 10-20 goal scorers and play with heart. and subsequently, play for cheap to fit another big salary on the team.

I think they'll resign Stafford. I think Hecht is signed through next year.

trapezeus
03-28-2011, 11:43 AM
i thought i saw hecht out.

i think stafford's ability to get signed is all dependent on if he shows up in the playoffs. if he's another connolley, he's too streaky and injury prone to throw money at knowing that he's restricted. the sabres will get picks for him.

if he has a breakout playoffs, he'll get resigned. but he'll be a 30 goal scorer. it'll be hefty, especially if top line center is truly what the sabres want.

JD
03-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Our last 4 wins have been from shootout. Since losing both Crosby and Malkin it has been a roller coaster ride. We cannot close games out, and do not get enough offensive pressure. They will not be trading Malkin.

How sure are you?

You have 17 players on contract for next year with just 3 million in cap space. That includes only EIGHT forwards.

Kovalev, Dupuis and Talbot are UFA's next year.

JD
03-28-2011, 11:55 AM
I think they'll resign Stafford. I think Hecht is signed through next year.
I'd give Stafford 4.5

PTI
03-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Malkin has been league MVP and is a top 10 player in the NHL. I would love to have him.

G Wolly
03-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Malkin was once a league MVP and was a top 10 player in the NHL.

I fix 4 u.

Not all athletes can play up to their former level after a knee injury, especially the injury he had.

Can he/Will he be the same? Maybe. But most likely not.

But as previously said, if we can get him for a bargain then why not.

DMBcrew36
03-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Malkin? No thanks. I'd rather have a player like Corey Perry with has skill AND heart.