PDA

View Full Version : Dareus To Meet with Bills

DraftBoy
03-28-2011, 10:59 AM
@JasonLaCanfora Marcell Dareus will visit the Bills this week and will meet with at least 7 teams picking in top 10. Panthers considering him 1st overall...

@JasonLaCanfora And the Broncos are very intrigued with that second overall pick. More on upcoming visits ahead on NFL.com

PTI
03-28-2011, 11:02 AM
One thing about slated money to rookies and amounts that are set that they might make is that players will not care if bad teams draft them as much as long as they are drafted high.

whkfc
03-28-2011, 11:03 AM
People will be stoked. Sadly he will not be available when we pick. Hes just too good a prospect.

DraftBoy
03-28-2011, 11:04 AM
People will be stoked. Sadly he will not be available when we pick. Hes just too good a prospect.

SWARM THE AIRPORT!!

SOMEBODY PUT UP A BILLBOARD!

BuffaloBlitz83
03-28-2011, 11:21 AM
I could see him falling at 3 if Carolina goes QB at 1. Because I don't think it is 100% lock Denver goes DT. If Carolina doesn't go QB it will be tougher.

T-Long
03-28-2011, 11:26 AM
I will put it out there that I guarantee he doesn't make it past Denver at 2.

DraftBoy
03-28-2011, 11:27 AM

I dont think its likely but a guarantee this early is a huge risk. What is he gets arrested or hurt during a workout? What if Bowers checks out fine and blows up his Pro Day?

Too much volatility in the market still.

Bill Cody
03-28-2011, 11:28 AM

Cool. If he does send me all your Zone Bucks. K?

psubills62
03-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I'd like to get excited about this, but it's hard to read any more into this than them meeting with Fairley (or when they met with Clausen). Just indicates that they have some interest, not that he's necessarily on top of their board.

And as others have mentioned, Denver will probably take him.

Michael82
03-28-2011, 11:30 AM
I want him so bad! He fits exactly what we need! I'm praying that Denver passes on him and falls in love with Peterson instead.

patmoran2006
03-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Peter King seems to think Dareus' stock is falling.. I don't buy it.

justasportsfan
03-28-2011, 11:48 AM
If Carolina doesn't get a qb , chances are both qb's will be there when we pick and we should be getting phone calls from teams that want one if Nix doesn't want a qb.

DraftBoy
03-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Peter King seems to think Dareus' stock is falling.. I don't buy it.

Based on what? I havent talked to anybody or heard one negative thing about Dareus's off season.

BertSquirtgum
03-28-2011, 11:58 AM
that's what i'm talking about

psubills62
03-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Based on what? I havent talked to anybody or heard one negative thing about Dareus's off season.
He supposedly didn't give a reason, just mentioned that some top teams have "cooled" on him.

patmoran2006
03-28-2011, 12:09 PM

I have no idea what its based on and I haven't heard anything bad either, but that's what King wrote.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com//2011/writers/peter_king/03/27/mmqb/index.html

"

3. There's a chill around Marcell Dareus. I've been operating under the impression that the best defensive tackle in the draft would go one, two or three, and he probably still will. When scouts and GMs begin to go over players for the fourth and fifth time, and when they parse the words in their individual interviews, they're going to get nervous. Maybe that's what this is with Dareus. I can't put my finger on why, but he's cooling off in the eyes of several people I trust at the top of the draft. I still think he'd be the best pick for defensive-front-needy Denver or No. 3 Buffalo.

better days
03-28-2011, 12:28 PM
I dont think its likely but a guarantee this early is a huge risk. What is he gets arrested or hurt during a workout? What if Bowers checks out fine and blows up his Pro Day?

Too much volatility in the market still.

I have heard teams are wary of Bowers long term health. They are afraid he may be another Tommy Harris.

madness
03-28-2011, 01:37 PM
I have confirmed he has done Youtube videos of himself working out so I don't see what could be the problem.

tampabay25690
03-28-2011, 01:40 PM

You are probably right.....
I really think Carolina goes either Peterson, Dareus, or even Fairley........
Denver will go Peterson, Dareus, or even Fairley as well.....

Then Buffalo Would have the choice with what is left.
I do think the Bills will go Defense at #3 and QB in the 2nd round to groom.....

tampabay25690
03-28-2011, 01:42 PM

Me neither...
Only person I have headr with falling besides Ryan Mallett is..........
Fairley and Bowers as of today........

Im still trying to figure out why Fairley is falling....

bosshogg21
03-28-2011, 02:53 PM
I think the problem with dareus cooling off is he is the safe pick. In the top 5 you have a chance at the the 5 best athletes, game changers if you will. They also usually run a high bust factor. For example fairly is more of a game changer, plays meaner and could be Warren sapp type force for years to come. He could also end up just like haynesworth. With dareus you know what you're getting. A great cornerstone for 10 yrs who will give it his all but isn't as naturally talented.

With that I think teams up top are tempted to hit the home run.

don137
03-28-2011, 03:22 PM
If the Panthers don't take a QB I am almost convinced they will take Darius. I am not convinced the Broncos will take him. I think it is between Darius and Peterson. Fox is a defensive backs Coach for a long time as a college and NFL. He said he never seen a corner with that size and speed combination that Peterson exhibits.

tampabay25690
03-28-2011, 03:41 PM
To be honest the 1st 2 picks should be Peterson and Dareus...

Prov401
03-28-2011, 04:14 PM
The only way he gets past Denver is if Bowers blows up his pro day.

I was on the Broncos forum a month ago and they jocked the hell out of Bowers. Many reports there had the Broncos front office drooling over him. Obviously this knee thing has become an issue, and now their boards are loaded with Dareus lovers. But if Bowers electrifies on April 1st, then maybe the Broncos take a shot at him.

But as of now, I'm willing to bet Dareus is without a doubt gone by our pick.

DraftBoy
03-28-2011, 04:26 PM
The only way he gets past Denver is if Bowers blows up his pro day.

I was on the Broncos forum a month ago and they jocked the hell out of Bowers. Many reports there had the Broncos front office drooling over him. Obviously this knee thing has become an issue, and now their boards are loaded with Dareus lovers. But if Bowers electrifies on April 1st, then maybe the Broncos take a shot at him.

But as of now, I'm willing to bet Dareus is without a doubt gone by our pick.

The Bowers knee injury was not as bad as initially reported. He should do well at his Pro Day on Friday.

better days
03-28-2011, 04:50 PM
To be honest the 1st 2 picks should be Peterson and Dareus...

A CB has never been the 1st pick & Peterson is not thought of as the BPA by everyone. Therefore Dareus should be #1 if not a QB. Peterson may not be picked in the top 6 but go #7 to S.F.

The Jokeman
03-28-2011, 08:43 PM
The Bowers knee injury was not as bad as initially reported. He should do well at his Pro Day on Friday.
and if he does it seem he's a better fit in Denver than Carolina. As you have to think Fox would want a pass rusher for that D like he had in Denver/Carolina in the mold of Strahan/Peppers and that could be Bowers. Granted Carolina is the big wild card for me. As Fairley seems like a good fit since it seems to be too early to give up on Claussen. Leaving the Bills to pick between Dareus, Miller, Peterson or Newton/Gabbert. I think Dareus could help the team the most. As I'm not a fan of Miller as a 3-4 OLB, Peterson might be a great player but a CB is not our biggest need if re-sign Florence which don't think be difficutl. Then there's the Newton/Gabbert which to me would just be a business decision ie put a new face on the franchise that will help sell some of those new jerseys with Newton being the better fit for that. Hopefully we'd take the football decision and go with Dareus but with Wilson still running things have a bad feeling it's going to be Newton.

Ed
03-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Me neither...
Only person I have headr with falling besides Ryan Mallett is..........
Fairley and Bowers as of today........

Im still trying to figure out why Fairley is falling....
Maybe he's not doing well in interviews. He's not exactly a bright guy. I think he got over-hyped by the media after the bowl game, but that doesn't mean scouts were as high on him as the media. There's a lot to not like about him.

k-oneputt
03-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Maybe he's not doing well in interviews. He's not exactly a bright guy. I think he got over-hyped by the media after the bowl game, but that doesn't mean scouts were as high on him as the media. There's a lot to not like about him.

He earned the hype. He dominated the whole year in the SEC and in the bowl game. And he doesn't need to be the sharpest tool around to play d-line. He's mean and makes plays.
I'm sticking with being happy with any of the three dl, Dareus, Bowers, Fairley. Those type players change games are are tough to find.
Don't want Newton, Miller, or some off the wall pick like Green, Watt, or Jordan at #3, Could live with Gabert, Quinn or Peterson.