X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

King on prospects Bills like

The Bills like Von Miller and Patrick Peterson a lot. Not saying they’ll take either. Just saying they’re high on both, and even though GM Buddy Nix has been at every top quarterback’s workout, Buffalo-watchers think it’s more likely the team will go defense.
    Kirwan: Bills take CB, QB

Patrick has Charles Woodson-like qualities as well as terrific return skills. With Ryan Fitzpatrick under center, the Bills can afford to wait until the second round for a quarterback. With Tom Brady in the division, the Bills need a shutdown cornerback.

Then in round two he has Buffalo taking QB Ryan Mallett. This might be the first time I’ve seen Mallett predicted for the Bills in round two. Former Arkansas and Bills QB Joe Ferguson offered this comment on Ryan Mallett to Buffalobills.com.

“Ryan Mallett has got all the talent,” Ferguson said. ”He’s 6’7” and weighs about 250 and has a very strong arm. His mobility is the negative that he may have, but there have been a lot of great quarterbacks that couldn’t run around very much and played the game a long time, like Dan Marino. He’s got that caliber arm. Depending on the team he goes to if they can help him with a good running game and a good defense I think he’ll be a good quarterback.”

Buffalo Bills: The official source of the latest Bills headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and game day information
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • THRILLHO
    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
    • Feb 2009

Re: King on prospects Bills like

Can't say I would be upset about Peterson/Mallet.
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Blacksheep71
      Veteran Zoner
      • Mar 2011

Mallett lacks mobility? Thats the under statement of year ... he's so slow they timed his 40 using a sun dial

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by THRILLHO
        I would not find that draft a THRILLHO myself but I could think of worse.

Comment

• Bangarang
          • Sep 2010

I don't understand trying to make the point that we need a shut down corner because Brady is in our division. If we can't get any pressure on Brady with our front 7, then a shut down corner is going to do much good.

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Blacksheep71
            Mallett lacks mobility? Thats the under statement of year ... he's so slow they timed his 40 using a sun dial
            Why are people so hung up on Mallet's poor 40 time? His 40 time isn't going to make him a good QB. Do you think Rivers, Maining, Brady, Rothlisberger have good 40 times? Now, if you want to complain about his pocket presence or inablitity to read a defense, that's more relevant.

Comment

• Prov401
              President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
              • Aug 2008

I would be ecstatic with Peterson/Mallett.

But the best QB in the draft won't get by Minnesota at 12.

Comment

• Prov401
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Blacksheep71
                And Brady ran a 5.3. 40 time is so overrated. QB's become elite by passing not running. And Mallett has the best arm by far in this draft. He has good pocket awareness as well, which is what counts most (Brady).

Everybody's knock on Mallett was between the ears. And people speculated on his wonderlic being in the single digits. Well, to all the QB rule lovers out there, Mallett satisfies it. And if you think Gabbert is a better passer than Mallett, give me whatever your on.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THRILLHO
                  I wouldn't hate that I guess.

The thing with all my QB talk is I love Fitz! It would be awesome if Fitz really could be the man.

Comment

• Prov401
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Bangarang
                    I don't understand trying to make the point that we need a shut down corner because Brady is in our division. If we can't get any pressure on Brady with our front 7, then a shut down corner is going to do much good.
                    Watch the Jets/Pats playoff game.

Count how many times Brady sat there with all the time in the world patting the ball, waiting, waiting.. That's elite CB play.

I do agree we need pressure as well, and that's why I'm all for Dareus being picked ahead of Peterson given the choice. However, Peterson is the only one that will fall IMO, and we have to capitalize on drafting the best talent in the draft at 3.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                      This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      I wouldn't hate that I guess.

The thing with all my QB talk is I love Fitz! It would be awesome if Fitz really could be the man.
                      I like Fitz also. But we dont know if he is our QB. We are in the best position to draft a QB that we have been in years. There are lots to choose from and we pick early. Take a guy round 1 or 2. Let him learn while we find what we really have in Fitz.
                      True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Prov401
                        Watch the Jets/Pats playoff game.

Count how many times Brady sat there with all the time in the world patting the ball, waiting, waiting.. That's elite CB play.

I do agree we need pressure as well, and that's why I'm all for Dareus being picked ahead of Peterson given the choice. However, Peterson is the only one that will fall IMO, and we have to capitalize on drafting the best talent in the draft at 3.
                        Well then maybe Miller should be the pick. He is rated higher than Peterson by some.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by mayotm
                          Why are people so hung up on Mallet's poor 40 time? His 40 time isn't going to make him a good QB. Do you think Rivers, Maining, Brady, Rothlisberger have good 40 times? Now, if you want to complain about his pocket presence or inablitity to read a defense, that's more relevant.
                          Right on brother.. That's completely spot on.

I don't care about his speed-- though it would be nice if he had some. It's the other things, basically everything with the exception of a cannon arm, that's a red flag on this kid.

Can't see the Bills taking him.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                            • Feb 2005

im starting to get bored by the whole thing. its getting too damn frustrating
                            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

rich eisen would outrun mallet.

that said.. he isnt clutch.. he doesnt make good decisions.. and he is a douche.. he is drew bledsoe.. god knows i dont want another drew bledsoe.. one of the most overrated qbs ever.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X