• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

After watching Nix and Gailey...

I truly believe a QB will be chosen at #3. They both kept saying over and over again how it's not very often a team is picking at #3 in a draft and they can not pass up a franchise QB there. I just can't see them going anywhere else with their pick at this point.

Did anyone else get that same feeling?
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: After watching Nix and Gailey...

Haven't watched the interviews yet. But from what I gather from recent comments, if we think one of them is a legit franchise guy he is as good as picked.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

There will not be a franchise QB at #3 in this draft
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I actually got the exact opposite. But then again I also take everything they say as a complete falsehood.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
          There will not be a franchise QB at #3 in this draft
          I think their opinion may be different.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
            I really hope not, more people I talk to, more I look at others opinion more I think this 2002 all over again.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Their opinion is wrong
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by T-Long
                I truly believe a QB will be chosen at #3. They both kept saying over and over again how it's not very often a team is picking at #3 in a draft and they can not pass up a franchise QB there. I just can't see them going anywhere else with their pick at this point.

I would tend to agree. I think they telegraphed their thoughts last year on Spiller... But I will say that they seem to be telegraphing much more this year... It could be legit, but how early and often makes me wonder if it couldn't be a bit of deception.

I think the most likely plan for deception would be to a) think Carolina takes a QB at 1, and b) Someone would trade to #2 for the other QB... it would be a play to ensure that Dareus drops. But that's a total guess.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by T-Long

I think it was telling that Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't play the season finale. Yes he was hurt but still he wasn't hurt enough that it would have mattered if he played or not. I think Gailey learned in the finale that Brohm didn't have what it took to startin the NFL and why he got the boot. Levi did looks good on hist first two throws but throwing an INT didn't help his cause. The talk of franchise QB scares me because Gailey didn't have franchise QBs in Pittsburgh with Kordell Stewart or Jay Fiedler in Miami or even Tyler Thigpen in KC. He did have one in Dallas but Aikman, a pocket QB, didn't really fit in with his offense. Which tells me that Newton seems to be a guy we're going to go for and it sickens me. As I just don't see Newton excelling in the NFL. As all the reports talk about his great athletic ability yet to me it seems that the great QBs of today (Peyton, Brady and Brees) more of product of intense study and understanding of the game where Newton seems to more of a react to what he sees on the field instead of preparing to defeat a team.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                    Their opinion is wrong
                    I love flagrant gamblers.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

I would tend to agree. I think they telegraphed their thoughts last year on Spiller... But I will say that they seem to be telegraphing much more this year... It could be legit, but how early and often makes me wonder if it couldn't be a bit of deception.

I think the most likely plan for deception would be to a) think Carolina takes a QB at 1, and b) Someone would trade to #2 for the other QB... it would be a play to ensure that Dareus drops. But that's a total guess.
                      You know better than to buy into this telegraphing idea.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        You know better than to buy into this telegraphing idea.
                        Honestly, it feels like the Bills do it quite a bit... I remember Winfield, A. Smith, I think even Clements... Each was someone we were rumored/known to be very high on. And last year I don't think anyone was shocked by the Spiller pick. It's conjecture on my part, I admit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Honestly, it feels like the Bills do it quite a bit... I remember Winfield, A. Smith, I think even Clements... Each was someone we were rumored/known to be very high on. And last year I don't think anyone was shocked by the Spiller pick. It's conjecture on my part, I admit.
                          Every year players A-Z are rumored, that doesnt mean the team tipped their hand though. Remember last year the pick was not Spiller actually, it was Clausen the whole way.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

I don't know if you meant to pick different players with different regimes of the team or not but your right. And despite all these regimes what was the common thread? Ralph Wilson. Wilson's already gone on record saying he feels we should take a QB and if feels like he's "convinced" the people beneath him we should take a QB.

Comment

• scartown
                              • Dec 2008

I will be really surprised if they go QB at 3. I still think they go front 7.

Comment

Working...
                              X