PDA

View Full Version : What players do you want the Bills to NOT take?

Dr. Lecter
03-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Which players in this draft do you want the Bills not to take?

For me:

1.Cam Newton
2. Ryan Mallet
3. Colin Kaeprenick
4. Patrick Peterson

tampabay25690
03-29-2011, 09:30 AM
At the #3 spot..
I would say DeQuan Bowers, Blaine Gabbert, and AJ Green.....

The King
03-29-2011, 09:47 AM
i like Kap in round 2

Ed
03-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Nick Fairley for sure.

I would rather not take Gabbert, but I wouldn't freak out about it.

Novacane
03-29-2011, 09:52 AM
1. Cam Newton
2. Cam Newton
3. Cam Newton

Pinkerton Security
03-29-2011, 09:56 AM
for me, at least in round 1, I would be pissed if we drafted someone OTHER than:

Dareus, Bowers, Miller, Peterson, Gabbert, Newton, Quinn, Fairley.

These guys are the clear studs in the draft, im not personally ecstatic about Gabbert as I feel the only reason hes a 1st rounder now is bc of the lack of quality QB's in the draft, but I'd be OK with Gailey and Co. having confidence in him. Im also not high on Fairley bc of his character issues, and the same with Newton, but they are physically dominant and have unlimited ceilings.

mrbojanglezs
03-29-2011, 09:59 AM
say no to jake locker

Mahdi
03-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Miller
Fairley
Gabbert

Philagape
03-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Those with Auburn after their name

justasportsfan
03-29-2011, 10:06 AM
a runningback.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Didn't I just make this thread a week ago?

What picks at #3 would make you sick?

Mine are....

Marcell Dareus
Cam Newton
Blaine Gabbert
Cameron Jordan
Robert Quinn
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=201337

better days
03-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Which players in this draft do you want the Bills not to take?

For me:

1.Cam Newton
2. Ryan Mallet
3. Colin Kaeprenick
4. Patrick Peterson

I agree, but I would not mind Kaeprenick in the 4th.

Novacane
03-29-2011, 10:08 AM

First thing I thought when I saw this thread.

DraftBoy
03-29-2011, 10:37 AM

Slight difference, you asked who would make you pissed as a poster, this thread just asks who you would prefer they not take.

djjimkelly
03-29-2011, 10:42 AM
ill repeat again

just say no to cam newton i just cannot under any circumstance see this guy being successful in the league

i dont really want peterson however his talent might be too good pass up ( i wouldnt be mad if we drafted him just dont see the need)

and i agree fairley shouldnt be drafted either becuz of his 1 year wonder status.

Ed
03-29-2011, 10:44 AM
for me, at least in round 1, I would be pissed if we drafted someone OTHER than:

Dareus, Bowers, Miller, Peterson, Gabbert, Newton, Quinn, Fairley.

These guys are the clear studs in the draft, im not personally ecstatic about Gabbert as I feel the only reason hes a 1st rounder now is bc of the lack of quality QB's in the draft, but I'd be OK with Gailey and Co. having confidence in him. Im also not high on Fairley bc of his character issues, and the same with Newton, but they are physically dominant and have unlimited ceilings.
Well you listed 8 players, so I think the chances of us not drafting one of those guys is pretty slim. The only other name I would add as a possibility is Cam Jordan.

Pinkerton Security
03-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Well you listed 8 players, so I think the chances of us not drafting one of those guys is pretty slim. The only other name I would add as a possibility is Cam Jordan.
Im just saying we had better take a legit player...we have a top 3 pick, we better get a top player, so yes the odds are that we will take one of these guys are pretty good, and Id be fine with any of them. If we dont, i will be making a trip to OBD with a baseball bat.

Tatonka
03-29-2011, 11:01 AM
mallett is one of my least favorite players in the draft..

dont hate peterson, but dont see a need to spend #3 on him.

don't like fairley really either.. miller.. meh...

quinn is interesting.. but i dont know that he fits us as a 3-4.

i wish there was a patrick willis in this draft.

Ed
03-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Im just saying we had better take a legit player...we have a top 3 pick, we better get a top player, so yes the odds are that we will take one of these guys are pretty good, and Id be fine with any of them. If we dont, i will be making a trip to OBD with a baseball bat.
Yeah I agree. I really can't see a scenario where one of those guys doesn't end up being a Bill unless we trade down. At #3 I really can't see a Whitner or Maybin type surprise pick. The only player I think could come close to that is Cameron Jordan. Obviously we all have our personal preferences, but if you're ok with any of the 8 guys you mentioned then there shouldn't be any disappointment come draft day. I know Nix and Co. are working hard at this and putting in a ton of time so they'll have strong reasons for taking whoever they do and I'll end up getting on board with it.

whkfc
03-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Cam jordan at 3

ChristopherWalken
03-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Dislike with Top pick: Green, Bowers, Jordan

Mallett shouldn't even be a consideration.

Bill Cody
03-29-2011, 01:58 PM
ill repeat again

just say no to cam newton i just cannot under any circumstance see this guy being successful in the league

Ok I'll bite. Why?

cgbm
03-29-2011, 03:16 PM
1. ryan fitzpatrick
2. another rb
3. another wr
4. anyone that isnt a qb

ServoBillieves
03-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Brandon Saine, Ryan McMahon, Anthony Sherman, Wes Byrum, Keenyn Crier, Kamar Aiken.

Extremebillsfan247
03-29-2011, 04:07 PM
I would dislike this team taking Peterson, or Green.

ParanoidAndroid
03-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Aaron Maybin

Oh..... Crap.

Prov401
03-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Blaine Gabbert times 20.

Mski
03-29-2011, 06:46 PM
gabbert, newton, fairley

i want peterson, i know DB is not an area of need for this team, but i think his talent is "cant pass on"

Danny Duberstein
03-29-2011, 07:21 PM
1st round:
1. Cam
2. Peterson
3. Anybody under 270 lbs.

After 1st round:
1. Mallet
2. Ponder

BertSquirtgum
03-29-2011, 08:02 PM
1) Cam Newton
2) Blaine Gabbert
3) Da'Quan Bowers
4) Nick Fairley

bigbub2352
03-29-2011, 10:12 PM
peterson
jordan
gabbert

Crisis
03-29-2011, 11:37 PM
starts and ends with newton

TheBrownBear
03-30-2011, 02:27 AM
fairley
newton
gabbert

Mike
03-30-2011, 03:19 AM
NO: QB, RB, WR, TE, G/C/T, SS/FS, LB @#3

I would prefer to take Darius or Peterson,
If Not Available, I would trade down to 7-10 range (dont tell me about needing a partner, if the price is right, it Will Happen) & take best DE/T (Bowers, Jordan, or Best Tackle)

djjimkelly
03-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Ok I'll bite. Why?

due to the fact this is a pass first league.

a quarter of cam newtons plays are him running and im sorry those lanes do not exist in the nfl

once again if the bills where drafting for the decathlon ok.

since we are in a league where accuracy is king newton should be a 3rd round pick

Night Train
03-30-2011, 06:01 AM
No player is WORTHY of our selection. They ALL suck !

:usflag:

Now that I've outdone you all..Don't pick ANY skill player outside of TE in the first 4-5 rounds. Front 7 on D and OL. Not a fan of Fairley or Quinn.

I can live with most others and could care less what the mock drafts order me to think. I watch college ball and actually know most of the players.

Johnny Bugmenot
03-30-2011, 09:12 AM
With first pick:

Peterson
Green
Newton

After that... Jake Locker, and that's pretty much it. I'm much higher on Mallett than most here, it seems, and I think he'd make a great second-round pick if 1) he falls that far and 2) they don't waste their first-round pick on one of the above three.

Bill Cody
03-30-2011, 10:19 AM
due to the fact this is a pass first league.

a quarter of cam newtons plays are him running and im sorry those lanes do not exist in the nfl

once again if the bills where drafting for the decathlon ok.

since we are in a league where accuracy is king newton should be a 3rd round pick

Was Mike Vick a 3rd round pick? Newton isn't as fast as Vick but he's pretty fast and he's a lot bigger. Both has strong arms with some mechanical issues coming out. Vick was not a hard worker and had a sense of entitlement coming out, as some say Newton does. It's all a question of if you think the kid wants to be coached, wants to work. The talent is there. It took prison and a great coach in Andy Reid for Vick to get it. Will it take Newton a decade too? Dunno. But make no mistake Newton is a rare athlete and whether he does or doesn't make it is unknown.

better days
03-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Was Mike Vick a 3rd round pick? Newton isn't as fast as Vick but he's pretty fast and he's a lot bigger. Both has strong arms with some mechanical issues coming out. Vick was not a hard worker and had a sense of entitlement coming out, as some say Newton does. It's all a question of if you think the kid wants to be coached, wants to work. The talent is there. It took prison and a great coach in Andy Reid for Vick to get it. Will it take Newton a decade too? Dunno. But make no mistake Newton is a rare athlete and whether he does or doesn't make it is unknown.

Newton is not fast enough or elusive enough to play like Vick in the NFL.

Bill Cody
03-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Newton is not fast enough or elusive enough to play like Vick in the NFL.

He doesn't need to be. The idea that Cam Newton will not be a SERIOUS running threat is absurd. He is bigger and faster than McNabb and McNair, both of whom were threats to run. And if he gets into the secondary he will run over DB's. Look I watched several Auburn games expecting little on his passing and I was surprised. It seems people are dying to cut this guy down, not sure what it's about, race maybe? (not saying you but in general) I've kept an open mind from the get go. One more time: it's not about talent. He has TONS of talent. I think the day he spent with the Bills Nix and Gailey pushed and prodded him pretty good. If he's the pick I'm pretty comfortable he should be the pick because I really trust our guys to figure out what makes Newton tick. If we pass on him, same thing in reverse.

djjimkelly
03-30-2011, 12:23 PM

based on your assessment we should just resign JP

and once again rare athletes can go do the decathlon as a QB he ****ing sucks

DynaPaul
03-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Anyone from "Da U".

TheBrownBear
03-30-2011, 01:41 PM

Michael Vick was/is a freak-of-nature, once-in-a-generation (maybe lifetime) athlete at the QB position. And he was drafted ten years ago - when the running QB was much more in vogue than it is today.

Newton is a good athlete but he looks like molasses compared to Vick. Tebow is a much better comparison for Newton.

Bert102176
03-30-2011, 02:15 PM
I want Miller so anyone besides him basicly