PDA

View Full Version : 3/29/11: Sabres vs. Leafs Thread

JD
03-29-2011, 11:05 AM
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/images/uploads/fore.gif

Mski
03-29-2011, 02:08 PM
are you sugesting someone should begin working on their golf swing?

Mski
03-29-2011, 06:37 PM
doesnt look good, currently 2-0 leafs

Crisis
03-29-2011, 06:48 PM
i can't believe anyone could think vanek is lazy

he's dominating

OpIv37
03-29-2011, 08:24 PM
That PP was pathetic. These guys don't want it.

OpIv37
03-29-2011, 08:27 PM
that was a ****ing stupid penalty on Weber.

OpIv37
03-29-2011, 08:29 PM
and how many shots are gonna miss the ****ing net?

OpIv37
03-29-2011, 08:32 PM
And Carolina went into OT with the Caps so they have at least 1.

Dr. Lecter
03-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Hopefully the Caps win so the lead stays at 4.

SabreEleven
03-29-2011, 08:34 PM
That effort was piss poor.

OpIv37
03-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Carolina got the 2. And Montreal is winning.

And we have another game tomorrow night, and we know how well the Sabres do in back to backs.

This team is not making the playoffs.

Novacane
03-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Bad loss but to say they are not making the playoffs is getting a little carried away. The are still in the drivers seat.

OpIv37
03-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Bad loss but to say they are not making the playoffs is getting a little carried away. The are still in the drivers seat.

yeah well if they're in the driver's seat, they're driving like they had a 6 pack and a couple of shots before getting in the car.

chubluv
03-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Once again an early crappy goal leads to the teams demise. Why cant they just bounce back, and get the momentum and keep it? I know we tied it at three, but you can see the look in their eyes especially Millers.

Crisis
03-29-2011, 11:32 PM
our defense blows

TheBrownBear
03-30-2011, 02:13 AM
yeah well if they're in the driver's seat, they're driving like they had a 6 pack and a couple of shots before getting in the car.

lol. they're 6-3-1 in their last 10 and just came off a 3 game winning streak.

they lost a one goal game on the road....hit the panic button!!!

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 06:40 AM
They are also 23-11-5 since 1/1/11.

Whether he likes it or not, they are playing pretty damn well.

SabreEleven
03-30-2011, 07:17 AM
1. I think they will make the playoffs.
2. That is how envsion playoff games going because they can't pick up the intensity when it's time to go. Toronto beat them to loose pucks and the one-on-one battles.

chernobylwraiths
03-30-2011, 07:25 AM
1. I think they will make the playoffs.
2. That is how envsion playoff games going because they can't pick up the intensity when it's time to go. Toronto beat them to loose pucks and the one-on-one battles.

Well, Toronto DOES have to play harder because they are almost eliminated. Then again, Buffalo usually loses the races to loose pucks and is outworked along the boards in our own zone.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 07:27 AM
lol. they're 6-3-1 in their last 10 and just came off a 3 game winning streak.

they lost a one goal game on the road....hit the panic button!!!

we're barely holding on to the 8th playoff spot. The team that is right behind us jumped to within 3.

So yes, it is time to hit the panic button. Now or never.

Oh, and btw, we also allowed 4 goals in 2 periods in that loss. 4 goals in two periods. Funny how you leave that part out.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 07:29 AM
They are also 23-11-5 since 1/1/11.

Whether he likes it or not, they are playing pretty damn well.

Pretty damn well? We're barely clinging to the 8th playoff spot. They used up all their margin of error before 1/1/11. "Pretty damn well" isn't good enough at this point. If we don't get perfection from here on out, they might as well start making tee times for mid April because they won't be playing hockey.

SabreEleven
03-30-2011, 07:30 AM
that was a ****ing stupid penalty on Weber.

Meh, I don't blame Weber for that penalty. He was trying to be aggressive plus that goalie took a total dive, Weber barely brushed him. I blame the ref more.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Meh, I don't blame Weber for that penalty. He was trying to be aggressive plus that goalie took a total dive, Weber barely brushed him. I blame the ref more.

yeah, but it's a 1 goal game in the 3rd period in Toronto. If you breathe on the goalie, you know it's getting called.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 07:37 AM
Pretty damn well? We're barely clinging to the 8th playoff spot. They used up all their margin of error before 1/1/11. "Pretty damn well" isn't good enough at this point. If we don't get perfection from here on out, they might as well start making tee times for mid April because they won't be playing hockey.

So if they do not win the rest of their games, Carolina will go ahead of them??

Perfection??

If they get to 91 points they make it. They have 6 games left. So that is 500 hockey.

You are way smarter than this.

But then again, we all know you are not happy unless they are 82-0-0 with 81 shutouts.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 07:39 AM
And one more thing - 6-3-1 in their last ten. 23-11-5 in the new year. No doubt October hurt them badly.

And their last 5 games or so are difficult. You refuse to give them an ounce of credit for their rebound. You barely were around after the last three games. You are becoming "that guy" who only shows up to *****.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 07:50 AM
And one more thing - 6-3-1 in their last ten. 23-11-5 in the new year. No doubt October hurt them badly.

And their last 5 games or so are difficult. You refuse to give them an ounce of credit for their rebound. You barely were around after the last three games. You are becoming "that guy" who only shows up to *****.

Why should they be given credit when all they've done is make up for their own past failures? If I break a window in the house because of my own carelessness, then spend all weekend putting in a new window, I shouldn't get credit for that. All my time and money didn't add any value to the house. All it did was make things back the way they were before I screwed it up.

That's the situation the Sabres are in. All their "success" over the last 3 months only counteracts all their failures in the previous 3. That's it. They get no credit until they clinch a playoff spot.

And once again, you're losing sight of the fact that they LOST a very important game and allowed Carolina and Toronto to gain on them in the playoff race. Whether or not you think I give the team enough credit can't change that fact.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Why should they be given credit when all they've done is make up for their own past failures? If I break a window in the house because of my own carelessness, then spend all weekend putting in a new window, I shouldn't get credit for that. All my time and money didn't add any value to the house. All it did was make things back the way they were before I screwed it up.

That's the situation the Sabres are in. All their "success" over the last 3 months only counteracts all their failures in the previous 3. That's it. They get no credit until they clinch a playoff spot.

And once again, you're losing sight of the fact that they LOST a very important game and allowed Carolina and Toronto to gain on them in the playoff race. Whether or not you think I give the team enough credit can't change that fact.

Your analogies are whacked. You said there was no way they could make any of that up. But if you insist on using it, they made the repair with a much better window that is of higher quality.

You won't give them credit for that, so the point is moot.

No, they did lose a bad game. No doubt. The difference is that some of us know that they are not going to win every single ****ing game. I can say they lost a bad game, but am also willing to say when they win a big game (Montreal, 2 shutouts in 3 games) and acknowledge that. You should try it.

Fact is they are still closer to 7th than 9th.

Here is a question for you:

What is their record on the second night of back to backs that you always says sucks?

trapezeus
03-30-2011, 08:27 AM
I disagree with Op's panic. "CHEAP PLUG ALERT!". On my sabre podcast, my pal and i routinely discuss the week's line up of games and predict what will make us happy point wise.

Before next tuesdays game, the sabres had toronto, rangers, caps, carolina.

I said, i think they need 5 of those 8 points. I would have prefered a win against toronto, tie against rangers, and a win against the hurricanes to put them out.

that obviously didn't happen. But if they win tonight, they are on pace to do what they need to do. Asking them to win every game is outrageous and too much to ask for. My pal said he was ok with 4 points.

I think in a long season you have to view point accumulation as the key, not each game.

as for this game, i thought the team lacked energy. they killed off a 5-3 and 5-4 and then they give up a goal immediately. that was something they could have built on. and then when they tie it up 3-3, they let kessel streak in from the side two times before he actually scored.

I believe there is an entitled sabres team that exists. they just assume they can win. this was totally evident in the 08 campaign and 09 campaign. it slowly shows itself every now and then this year. They did it tonight.

Vanek blowing the 2-1 was huge. he slowed down, tried to force a pass and then missed the net on the rebound. he is playing very frustrated. i know he scored. but in the last 10 games, he always looks like he's at the end of his shift. when he makes a move and it gets poked off his stick, he looks like half the guys i play with. they make the great circle route and then stew on the play instead of getting back.

it's not a big deal, but he will remain in this slump as long as he is downtrodden on his own play.

Weber's running the goalie. That would have been an opportune time to call the offsetting penalties of "interference" on weber and "unsportsmanlike" on Reimer. That was ridiculous. but i think the penalties were like 6 to 1 by the middle of the third.

Reimer also looked incredibly shaky after that 3rd goal. they should have just thrown shots on him from all angles.

chernobylwraiths
03-30-2011, 08:27 AM
f we don't get perfection from here on out, they might as well start making tee times for mid April because they won't be playing hockey.

Really?! Perfection or they're out? Come on man. I thought you were supposed to be rational.

chernobylwraiths
03-30-2011, 08:28 AM
yeah, but it's a 1 goal game in the 3rd period in Toronto. If you breathe on the goalie, you know it's getting called.

He' trying to stop the puck from being shot around the boards.

That penalty call was horrendous. The refs were terrible last night.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 08:31 AM
I don't have time to look up a stat like that, but I'm sure you're going to tell me that it's gotten much better since January.

And yes, I know they're not going to win every game, but you are missing the point: this was a game we HAD to win to keep Toronto and Carolina from gaining ground on us in the playoff race. You're deflecting by bringing up how good the team has done since January and talking about whether or not I give them credit. None of that has anything to do with the fact that they lost a game that has direct playoff implications. We could have had a 9 point lead on Toronto with 6 games to play, which would all but take them out of the picture, Instead, we still have to worry about them and Carolina.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Really?! Perfection or they're out? Come on man. I thought you were supposed to be rational.

it's a slight exaggeration but not much of one.

Regardless of my choice of terminology, giving up 4 goals in Toronto isn't going to cut it.

trapezeus
03-30-2011, 08:35 AM
i'd have been concerned if the team looked out hustled and under talented against the leafs. i saw a team that got caught flat footed which turned into goals. they battled back to make it a game, and they got caught on one shift playing poorly again.

that's hardly the reason to panic. if the sabres blow tonight, then by all means, panic. i also don't really think the sabres need to win so much as get 1 point out of it. then tie the caps and beat the hurricanes.

i'm not sure i see the need to move up in the standings. i think the flyers are the right team to play. so they should just be focused on eliminating the hurricanes.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 08:57 AM
I don't care about moving up. At this point, just making it will be a miracle.

But last night, they let both Carolina and Toronto gain ground on them.

trapezeus
03-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Op, for the 4 games of toronto, ny, wash, carolina, how many points did you want out of it. knowing that saying 8 is impossible, what could you live with.

SabreEleven
03-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Tonight's game is on Vs. so Op get's to *****, I mean, watch.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Op, for the 4 games of toronto, ny, wash, carolina, how many points did you want out of it. knowing that saying 8 is impossible, what could you live with.

These last 7 games ARE our playoffs. We need to get at least 4 wins to guarantee that we make the real playoffs. Out of those 4 games, Toronto is probably the easiest one, and we pissed it away.

Now, we're stuck needing at least 3 and probably 4 wins out of 6 games- all tough with the possible exception of the finale against Columbus.

Lecter is fond of parroting stats about how good this team has been since January. Well, the reality is that if we didn't **** up Oct-Dec, we wouldn't be in this situation.

trapezeus
03-30-2011, 09:20 AM
i get the point of them missing the easier road to clinching. but this loss in itself is not enough to say, "they cna't".

they didn't play a terrible game. they had some mental lapses, crappy officiating, and a medium level game from miller.
i think if they lose the rangers game without getting a point, there is some serious problems.

but i'm pretty optimistic. i think it will be an unusual choke job for them to miss. I know the history of buffalo sports, but i think this team will find a way to get in.

my worry is if the team is a playoff team or will be as soft as last year's team.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 09:23 AM
I don't care about moving up. At this point, just making it will be a miracle.

But last night, they let both Carolina and Toronto gain ground on them.

They are 3 points up not down on Carolina.

How is making it a miracle?

Come on.

That is stupid to say.

How will it take a miracle to make?

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 09:25 AM
These last 7 games ARE our playoffs. We need to get at least 4 wins to guarantee that we make the real playoffs. Out of those 4 games, Toronto is probably the easiest one, and we pissed it away.

Now, we're stuck needing at least 3 and probably 4 wins out of 6 games- all tough with the possible exception of the finale against Columbus.

Lecter is fond of parroting stats about how good this team has been since January. Well, the reality is that if we didn't **** up Oct-Dec, we wouldn't be in this situation.
You are wrong.

91 points will make it. That is 6 points in 6 games. Carolina has 6 games left too.

To get to 91 they need 9 out of 12.

The numbers and facts do not back up your contention.

BTW, in game 2 of back to backs they are 8-8-2.

But you are totally ignoring facts in this debate so you do not have to admit to over-reaction last night.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 09:26 AM

One of the reasons I bring those up is that it is relevant to how the team is playing right now and that fact that you act like this team is still playing like they did in October

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 09:30 AM
You are wrong.

91 points will make it. That is 6 points in 6 games. Carolina has 6 games left too.

To get to 91 they need 9 out of 12.

The numbers and facts do not back up your contention.

BTW, in game 2 of back to backs they are 8-8-2.

But you are totally ignoring facts in this debate so you do not have to admit to over-reaction last night.

where did you get this idea that 91 is the magic number? And I said we'd need to win 3, maybe four. We currently have 85- we need 3 to make 91. So how am I wrong?

And as far as "over-reacting," we LOST because we gave up 4 goals to a division rival. The loss allowed Toronto to gain 4 points on us (if we had won, we'd have a 9 point lead on them instead of a 5 point lead on them) and Carolina gained two more points on us. If you think being pissed off and worried about that is an "over-reaction," then you need to work on your definition of "over-reaction." This loss was a definite setback as far as our chances of making the playoffs go.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 09:34 AM
They are 3 points up not down on Carolina.

How is making it a miracle?

Come on.

That is stupid to say.

How will it take a miracle to make?

First, we ****ed up Oct-Dec so bad that the fact that we're even in the hunt is a miracle. You should know since you remind me in every post.

Second, we can't beat Carolina, we still have to play the 2 best teams in the East, and 3 of our last 6 are the 2nd game of back-to-backs, and we are only .500 in those games as your stats show. It's going to take a miracle to get 3 wins out of those six.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 09:37 AM
where did you get this idea that 91 is the magic number? And I said we'd need to win 3, maybe four. We currently have 85- we need 3 to make 91. So how am I wrong?

And as far as "over-reacting," we LOST because we gave up 4 goals to a division rival. The loss allowed Toronto to gain 4 points on us (if we had won, we'd have a 9 point lead on them instead of a 5 point lead on them) and Carolina gained two more points on us. If you think being pissed off and worried about that is an "over-reaction," then you need to work on your definition of "over-reaction." This loss was a definite setback as far as our chances of making the playoffs go.
No, you said PROBABLY 4, which is much different than MAYBE 4.

You also said this:

We need to get at least 4 wins

So, how is it a "miracle" if they make it?

Again, you focus on one game and not the entire picture. They are still 3 up. 5 would be better for sure. No question.

The idea that it will be a miracle if they make it is the over-reaction. The idea that this ends their playoff chances is the over-reaction

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 09:39 AM
First, we ****ed up Oct-Dec so bad that the fact that we're even in the hunt is a miracle. You should know since you remind me in every post.

Second, we can't beat Carolina, we still have to play the 2 best teams in the East, and 3 of our last 6 are the 2nd game of back-to-backs, and we are only .500 in those games as your stats show. It's going to take a miracle to get 3 wins out of those six.

Can't beat Carolina?

You sure about that?

1-1-1 against them this year.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 09:39 AM
No, you said PROBABLY 4, which is much different than MAYBE 4.

You also said this:

So, how is it a "miracle" if they make it?

Again, you focus on one game and not the entire picture. They are still 3 up. 5 would be better for sure. No question.

The idea that it will be a miracle if they make it is the over-reaction. The idea that this ends their playoff chances is the over-reaction

I know it doesn't technically end their playoff chances. But based on how they played last night and the remaining teams on their schedule, it would be a miracle for them to even win 3.

I know you can look at a loss to Toronto in which they gave up 4 goals and say "it's ok because they're still 23-11-5 since January," but it's really not. The team has been playing over their heads and showed their true colors last night.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Can't beat Carolina?

You sure about that?

1-1-1 against them this year.

Sorry. Can't beat Carolina when it counts.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 09:41 AM
I know it doesn't technically end their playoff chances. But based on how they played last night and the remaining teams on their schedule, it would be a miracle for them to even win 3.

I know you can look at a loss to Toronto in which they gave up 4 goals and say "it's ok because they're still 23-11-5 since January," but it's really not. The team has been playing over their heads and showed their true colors last night.

But last night was not representative of how they have been playing lately. That is my point. One you refuse to admit.

Here is a site with the odds of them making the playoffs:

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Northeast/Sabres2.html

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Sorry. Can't beat Carolina when it counts.
lol!

You are good at changing your thoughts when presented with facts.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 09:46 AM
But last night was not representative of how they have been playing lately. That is my point. One you refuse to admit.

Here is a site with the odds of them making the playoffs:

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Northeast/Sabres2.html

but last night is representative of how they played for half of this season and most of the last 4 years. It's the SAME guys. A new owner and a few good months don't change that fact. That's the point you refuse to admit: the core of this team has been the same for the last 4 years or so (Roy, Pominville, Vanek, Connolly, Hecht, Miller) and they've been pretty mediocre.

You're so ready to dismiss games like last night as the exception of the rule because of how they played the last three months that it never occurred to you that the last 3 months are the exception and games like last night are the norm for this team.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 09:47 AM
lol!

You are good at changing your thoughts when presented with facts.

eh, I'm just lazy. I don't feel like typing all that nonsense out every time. I should, though, since I know you guys will nitpick it.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 09:50 AM
but last night is representative of how they played for half of this season and most of the last 4 years. It's the SAME guys. A new owner and a few good months don't change that fact. That's the point you refuse to admit: the core of this team has been the same for the last 4 years or so (Roy, Pominville, Vanek, Connolly, Hecht, Miller) and they've been pretty mediocre.

You're so ready to dismiss games like last night as the exception of the rule because of how they played the last three months that it never occurred to you that the last 3 months are the exception and games like last night are the norm for this team.

Except the last two years of regular season have been very good except for two-three months (October and November as December was mpre average than poor)

And it is not all the same guys. Myers, Ennis, Boyes, Grier, for example.

trapezeus
03-30-2011, 10:02 AM
this sabre season became like the bills season for me when pegula was introduced. this year is kind of a waste. we know there is a bigger plan under pegula.

So i'd like the team to get in and do well, but i also feel like this is the first time major changes will be made if it doesn't work.

So the compliants about same old players doesn't work for me. i think a lot of the dead weight leaves in the offseason. and then they'll actually add decent people.

this was like the bills with gailey. if you thought they were a playoff team, you were really disappointed. if you knew that some positions needed to solidify and then be able to address weaknesses the following season.

the sabres aren't a long playoff team right now. but they are playing entertaining hockey. you kind of have to enjoy that. you have to love that ennis, gerbe, mancari, stafford are playing well and that enroth shows promise. you have to like that connolley, hecht, neids, grier are gone next year. we have players in the ahl and money to spend with an owner who wants to spend it.

enjoy this year as what it is. a total wild card, which in the history of buffalo sports has been when our hockey teams have been their most dangerous.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 10:20 AM
enjoy this year as what it is. a total wild card, which in the history of buffalo sports has been when our hockey teams have been their most dangerous.

it's Buffalo so there are really only two possible outcomes:

1. Epic choke job and miss the playoffs
2. Make the playoffs, go on a surprising run, then have 6 key players injured and fail to win it all.

Disappointment isn't enough. It has to be epic, soul-crushing disappointment.

chernobylwraiths
03-30-2011, 10:25 AM
it's a slight exaggeration but not much of one.

Regardless of my choice of terminology, giving up 4 goals in Toronto isn't going to cut it.

Slight? They could lose one more game and still be assured of the playoffs. They don't have to be "perfect". And it doesn't matter how many goals they give up, as long as they score more than the other team.

trapezeus
03-30-2011, 11:06 AM
i agree with Chern, if the sabres look outclassed in games, i'm going to worry. sloppy is disappointing, but fixable.

win or tie here and they hold on.
if they lose and carolina wins, i think you can flip the lid up on the panic button and hover over it.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 01:05 PM
I love how Op goes ballistic when somebody "exaggerates" on the positive side, but thinks it is totally OK when he exaggerates on the negative side and thinks we should ignore it.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 01:33 PM
I love how Op goes ballistic when somebody "exaggerates" on the positive side, but thinks it is totally OK when he exaggerates on the negative side and thinks we should ignore it.

I love it how you guys let my choice of terminology or exaggerations or tone distract you from the facts.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 01:34 PM
I love it how you guys let my choice of terminology or exaggerations or tone distract you from the facts.
Yes. The facts.

You mean the ones you ignore?

Like they are still 3 up on Carolina and are closer to 7th than 9th? Or that their recent play does not seem to indicate that they will lose out?

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Yes. The facts.

You mean the ones you ignore?

Like they are still 3 up on Carolina and are closer to 7th than 9th? Or that their recent play does not seem to indicate that they will lose out?

No, the facts like instead of being 9 up on Toronto and 5 up on Carolina, we are only 5 up on Toronto and 3 up on Carolina.

The facts like we need to win at least 3 of the next 6 games, and two of those games are against the top 2 teams in the East.

The facts like we are .500 in the 2nd game of back-to-backs, and 3 of our last 6 fall into that category.

Or the fact that we could go 2-4 or 2-3-1 and still not make the playoffs- we don't have to lose out to fail to qualify.

And the fact that they are closer to 7th than 9th is irrelevant if they keep playing like they did last night.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 01:55 PM
No, the facts like instead of being 9 up on Toronto and 5 up on Carolina, we are only 5 up on Toronto and 3 up on Carolina.

The facts like we need to win at least 3 of the next 6 games, and two of those games are against the top 2 teams in the East.

The facts like we are .500 in the 2nd game of back-to-backs, and 3 of our last 6 fall into that category.

Or the fact that we could go 2-4 or 2-3-1 and still not make the playoffs- we don't have to lose out to fail to qualify.

And the fact that they are closer to 7th than 9th is irrelevant if they keep playing like they did last night.

So we get 3 points in the back to back games - that is a good start.

And if they play like they did against Montreal they will breeze into the playoffs, probably as a 6 or 7 seed.

Games like last night have been rare since November.

trapezeus
03-30-2011, 02:54 PM
just cause they are rare doesn't mean there isn't a possibilty of a meltdown.

team needs to put an end to lost points tonight. next three games, they need 4-5 points. that's a tough task, but it's a task a playoff team that intends to make a run for the cup has to make.

the pressure is on, let's see how they respond. we can't fix the past, let's hope they take control of their futures.

SabreEleven
03-30-2011, 03:17 PM
The Sabres Zone has turned into Lecter Vs. Op show lately...You girls are both pretty and should give it a rest. Enjoy the hockey!!!! While it lasts....

JD
03-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Carolina got the 2. And Montreal is winning.

And we have another game tomorrow night, and we know how well the Sabres do in back to backs.

This team is not making the playoffs.

PANIC BUTTON

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 10:06 PM
PANIC BUTTON

1-0 victory over the Rangers? It got us the points we needed so I can't complain, but it's not exactly time to put our feet up and relax.

Oh, and Carolina won big so they're still only 3 points behind us, and our next two games are the Caps on the road and them.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 10:07 PM
1-0 victory over the Rangers? It got us the points we needed so I can't complain, but it's not exactly time to put our feet up and relax.

Oh, and Carolina won big so they're still only 3 points behind us, and our next two games are the Caps on the road and them.
Technically, they are 3 points behind the Rangers, since the Sabres have the tiebreaker on the Rangers.

Yes, that means the Sabres are in 7th. And 2 out of 6th with a game in hand.

So they are closer to 6th than 9th.

helmetguy
03-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Technically, they are 3 points behind the Rangers, since the Sabres have the tiebreaker on the Rangers.

There you go with those silly fact things again.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 10:37 PM
There you go with those silly fact things again.

once again, no comments from the peanut gallery.

helmetguy
03-31-2011, 04:00 AM
once again, no comments from the peanut gallery.

Deal with it.

OpIv37
03-31-2011, 08:08 AM
Deal with it.

well you just sit here lurking and never offer up an opinion of your own or challenge someone else's opinion.

Then when you think someone has bested me in an argument, you jump in on their side. Try thinking for yourself and fighting your own battles instead of hiding in the corner until it's safe to come out.

SabreEleven
03-31-2011, 08:38 AM

Yesterday they were 2 points behind the Rangers and today they are tied with the Rangers with the tiebreaker advantage. 2 pts behind the Canadiens with a game in hand. Just Keeping you honest, Tom.

helmetguy
03-31-2011, 04:48 PM
well you just sit here lurking and never offer up an opinion of your own or challenge someone else's opinion.

Then when you think someone has bested me in an argument, you jump in on their side. Try thinking for yourself and fighting your own battles instead of hiding in the corner until it's safe to come out.

Fair enough. With the exception of a Sunday game that was preempted in our market by a Rags-Philthy game, I've seen EVERY Sabres game this season. You lost all credibility when you came in here and *****ed about a game you didn't even see. So, why bother offering a counter opinion to one predicated on "I have a sports curse so I must be right?" It's more amusing to watch you chafe by adding a figurative "BOOYA!" to the factual pummeling you've been take.

I reiterate...Deal with it.

(By the way, you might want to consult a faith healer for that "curse" you have)

JD
03-31-2011, 05:40 PM
Now it's a Lecter, Op and Helmet gangbang!

:naughty:

Crisis
03-31-2011, 06:06 PM
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/052/812/original/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

OpIv37
03-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Fair enough. With the exception of a Sunday game that was preempted in our market by a Rags-Philthy game, I've seen EVERY Sabres game this season. You lost all credibility when you came in here and *****ed about a game you didn't even see. So, why bother offering a counter opinion to one predicated on "I have a sports curse so I must be right?" It's more amusing to watch you chafe by adding a figurative "BOOYA!" to the factual pummeling you've been take.

I reiterate...Deal with it.

(By the way, you might want to consult a faith healer for that "curse" you have)

now, we're getting somewhere.

First, the game I commented on was the Carolina game. If we had won that game in regulation, we'd have 3 extra points on Carolina right now. You can argue that I had no business commenting on the game if you want to, but the fact remains that those are 3 points we could really use in the standings. The Sabres failed to win that game no matter if you agree with my ability to assess it or not.

Second, that game was like 3 weeks ago. Where were you for the rest of the season before that? You claim to have watched every game- that should give you plenty of ammunition to counter my points if you think I'm wrong. But you never do. Even if you claim that I lost all my credibility that day, it doesn't explain the previous 5 months of the season.

Third, while I do ***** about my sports curse a lot, my negative comments have a lot more basis to them than that. The results from both the Bills and the Sabres lately prove it. The Bills haven't done dick for 10 years. The Sabres had two years without playoffs, followed by an early playoff exit last year, followed by a dogfight for their playoff lives despite 3 months of solid hockey. So, it's shortsighted and ignorant to say all my complaints are based on jokes about a sports curse.

In fact, Lecter- who has been arguing with everything I say in this forum lately- brings up the sports curse a lot more than I do. It's nothing more than a running joke.