PDA

View Full Version : Nix: Quarterback is not our greatest need

Ed
03-29-2011, 11:12 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Nix-Quarterback-is-not-our-greatest-need/6d0ce885-01fa-4085-9e77-78a983523bac

ChristopherWalken
03-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Could just be a smoke screen, but I like this philosphy regardless.

PTI
03-29-2011, 11:20 AM
QB, OG, C, OT, DT, DE, CB, OLB, ILB, (all but S, RB, WR), all tied as #1!!!

Jaybird
03-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Stopping the F-IN Run is the priority

justasportsfan
03-29-2011, 11:54 AM
QB, OG, C, OT, DT, DE, CB, OLB, ILB, (all but S, RB, WR), all tied as #1!!!
OG and C ? really?

DraftBoy
03-29-2011, 11:55 AM
How long have I been saying this for?

Its the lines, stupid.

TacklingDummy
03-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Nix: Quarterback is not our greatest need
That would be why there is no need to reach for a QB @ #3.

There's better prospect in next years draft that I'd rather the Bills draft.

DraftBoy
03-29-2011, 12:17 PM

There's better prospect in next years draft that I'd rather the Bills draft.

I know you're a big Barkley fan, and while its way too far off to say anything about him leaving early, from a guy I know on that side of the country who is close to the program, he does not think Barkley leaves early. USC still can't compete for the Pac 12 title or a bowl game until 2012 and he believes (and Barkley has been told this) that Barkley's lack of experience in big games is somthing he needs to get before heading into the NFL.

Just a tidbit I picked up the other day when fishing for info on another player.

jamze132
03-30-2011, 08:13 AM
This is all a smokescreen to convince another team a few spots lower to offer us the farm at #3 to grab a QB. Nix is handling this awesome. Plan is to go defense and use the #3 to gain additional day 1 and 2 picks to sure up the defense front 7. A birdie told me and now I have told you.

There is still a possibility that the Bills will just stay at #3 if there are no deals worth taking and just grab Von Miller.

Extremebillsfan247
03-30-2011, 08:13 AM

There's better prospect in next years draft that I'd rather the Bills draft.lol the RB position wasn't one of need last year and who did we take with our first pick? Just throwing that out there. Remember, Nix also said you can only believe about 10 percent of what you hear, and that it's not against the rules to lie this time of year.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-30-2011, 09:20 AM
This is all a smokescreen to convince another team a few spots lower to offer us the farm at #3 to grab a QB. Nix is handling this awesome. Plan is to go defense and use the #3 to gain additional day 1 and 2 picks to sure up the defense front 7. A birdie told me and now I have told you.

There is still a possibility that the Bills will just stay at #3 if there are no deals worth taking and just grab Von Miller.

was this person a legit source? do you trust him?

also is it a given buffalo takes von miller at 3 if they dont trade down?:couch:

tampabay25690
03-30-2011, 09:51 AM

also is it a given buffalo takes von miller at 3 if they dont trade down?:couch:

John nothing is a given in this draft.....
They may take CAM and draft Defense the rest of the draft.....
That would be a good way to look at things as well....
Either they get Cam at #3 or they are drafting a QB in the 2nd round IMO....
After FITZ we have no one......

Prov401
03-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Good to hear. I believe what Nix says. He told everyone last year he was going pick BPA, and he did. This year, it's evident from the few recent interviews, that the focus is on defense. And it should be as there isn't a 'franchise' QB in either Newton or Gabbert.

TigerJ
03-30-2011, 05:25 PM
I agree QB is not the #1 need of the Bills. Probably linebacker is #1, then DE and OT. After that tight end. Depending on the intentions of the Bills and several of their players, CB and S could become fairly important needs. Then QB.

Extremebillsfan247
03-30-2011, 05:35 PM
We wont be drafting based on need with the 3rd overall pick. The Bills are looking for the guy that has the potential for the highest impact for the next 8 to 10 seasons. That's a Quarterback. If it's not there, they will pick the best player available, picking based on need will be the last thing they do if choices 1 and 2 are not there. Picking at 3, its highly unlikely that your forced into a position of choosing based on need. Just saying.

jamze132
03-31-2011, 09:08 AM

Eh... yeah? :idunno:

TigerJ
03-31-2011, 01:38 PM
We wont be drafting based on need with the 3rd overall pick. The Bills are looking for the guy that has the potential for the highest impact for the next 8 to 10 seasons. That's a Quarterback. If it's not there, they will pick the best player available, picking based on need will be the last thing they do if choices 1 and 2 are not there. Picking at 3, its highly unlikely that your forced into a position of choosing based on need. Just saying.

You are quite possibly right. While QB is maybe fourth or fifth on bufffalo's list of need positions, teams often pick QBs higher than the level of need suggests simply because of the kind of impact a great QB can have. The thing is, for Nix/Gailey to jump of one of the two QBs who may be available at #3 overall (I think one of them will likely go to Carolina), they need to be strongly convinced that QB is the real deal and is going to make the Bills winners within 2 years. Otherwise, they can kiss their jobs goodbye. Ralph Wilson is going to want to see solid evidence the Bills made the right pick by the 2012 season.