• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PTI
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

About Cam Newton.....

Fake smile, not dependable, late for meetings, disengenious, "So Charming, it is Alarming"

From pro Football Weekly.

Colin Cowherd is all over it today and talking about the Bills a lot saying the Bills or Jags should still take him, they are never going to Super Bowl contenders again and should really still just take him to sell tickets and it won't hurt either team if he is a complete bust.

I agree with Cowherd, but I hope we can still be a Super Bowl team again sometime, Newton can be devastating, in a good or bad way.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: About Cam Newton.....

Can we just pray that the Panthers take him and we don't have to worry or hear another word about him?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• HAMMER
      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
      • Jul 2003

Here is more Buffalo Bashing, scroll down to the comments below story. Hide Thrums keyboard.
      Explore the pulse of the sports world with FanNation, brought to you by Sports Illustrated. Engage with top stories, expert insights, and curated content from all major sports teams and leagues, all in one dynamic platform.

Comment

• Bangarang
        • Sep 2010

I cringe whenever I hear Collin speak. He tries way too hard and is a complete moron. Did he really just say that it won't hurt us if our 3rd overall pick is a bust?

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

It won't hurt the Bills if Newton is a complete bust? Cowherd is an idiot!

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bangarang
            I cringe whenever I hear Collin speak. He tries way too hard and is a complete moron. Did he really just say that it won't hurt us if our 3rd overall pick is a bust?
            I can't listen to him. Every once in a while I'll tune in and it takes him about 5 minutes to drive me crazy with his high pitched squeal. That goodness for Sirius radio!

Comment

• PTI
              Banned
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Novacane
              It won't hurt the Bills if Newton is a complete bust? Cowherd is an idiot!
              The logic is the Bills are no longer a true franchise that can really compete at a high level, and Newton will at least sell tickets, bring hype, and perhaps get the Bills on TV nationally. With the decade of fail, I do not see how any of those things are not true. I love the Bills, I hope we just somehow get better no matter who we take (even though I want a QB).

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PTI
                The logic is the Bills are no longer a true franchise that can really compete at a high level, and Newton will at least sell tickets, bring hype, and perhaps get the Bills on TV nationally. With the decade of fail, I do not see how any of those things are not true. I love the Bills, I hope we just somehow get better no matter who we take (even though I want a QB).

The logic is wrong. We have not sucked for 10 years because we play in small market Buffalo. We have sucked because our drafts have sucked. Buffalo can compete again if they start picking the right players. You don't pick a guy just to sell tickets and who cares if he's a bust! Cowherd is an idiot.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

The logic is wrong. We have not sucked for 10 years because we play in small market Buffalo. We have sucked because our drafts have sucked. Buffalo can compete again if they start picking the right players. You don't pick a guy just to sell tickets and who cares if he's a bust! Cowherd is an idiot.
                  You do if you need the revenues. Im not saying take Newton, but Cowherd's point is far off base. The Bills need to energize their fan base and a pick like Newton does that immediately. If he fails in three years then who cares because he made the team relevant again if only for a little while.

Im not saying I buy it or agree with it, but I do understand the point he is conveying on this.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    If he fails in three years then who cares because he made the team relevant again if only for a little while.

Nix and Gailey becaue they'll both get fired if he busts.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Nix and Gailey becaue they'll both get fired if he busts.
                      They could get fired for 1,000 different things. Again not saying I agree with Cowherd but he does make a solid point.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

The base will be energized by winning. We need substance not hype. There are plenty of potential reasons to draft Newton but selling tickets can't be high on the list.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph
                          The base will be energized by winning. We need substance not hype. There are plenty of potential reasons to draft Newton but selling tickets can't be high on the list.
                          Sorry but you're talking about fans and a fanbase (general not just Bills), which by definition is often illogical and overly emotional. Hype is all it ever takes to energize a fanbase, substance is what keeps that energy going.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

You do if you need the revenues. Im not saying take Newton, but Cowherd's point is far off base. The Bills need to energize their fan base and a pick like Newton does that immediately. If he fails in three years then who cares because he made the team relevant again if only for a little while.

Im not saying I buy it or agree with it, but I do understand the point he is conveying on this.

I would lean more to winning to create revenues . Bring in players (Dareus) who will help us win and the fan base will be energized.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Sorry but you're talking about fans and a fanbase (general not just Bills), which by definition is often illogical and overly emotional. Hype is all it ever takes to energize a fanbase, substance is what keeps that energy going.
                              If you go by this site's take on Newton the fan based will be more angry than energized. In fact the man is a lightning rod for criticism, some of which is totally understandable, some not so much. Newton would come here to a pretty skeptical fan base. Sure we'd all rally around the pick for a bit but a guy like Dareus would probably get more people fired up.

Comment

Working...
                              X