PDA

View Full Version : Miller being listed out with Upper Body injury according to WGR for tonight

PTI
03-30-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/

Hope it isn't anything serious!!!

GO ENROTH!!

trapezeus
03-30-2011, 04:07 PM
that shot to the jaw must have left him hurting. well, this isn't going to go well at all.

1. enroth plays well. miller haters claim this was the biggest problem, lindy's an idiot, "my god, imagine how good we could have been"
2. Enroth is lit up, "why didn't lindy play him in toronto and we could have had miller!"

i guess i'd rather deal with 1.

PTI
03-30-2011, 04:10 PM
that shot to the jaw must have left him hurting. well, this isn't going to go well at all.

1. enroth plays well. miller haters claim this was the biggest problem, lindy's an idiot, "my god, imagine how good we could have been"
2. Enroth is lit up, "why didn't lindy play him in toronto and we could have had miller!"

i guess i'd rather deal with 1.

Yes, you hit it on the head and I agree with your choice.

Ebenezer
03-30-2011, 04:22 PM
One of the rumor is concussion like symptoms...out for the rest of the regular season.

trapezeus
03-30-2011, 04:26 PM
when the play stopped i thought he took the shot off a bizarre part of his collar bone or it ricochet'ed off his jaw.

concussion seems like pure buffalo fans thinking the worst thing possible.

How much longer until we start hearing the, "i heard that he's walking" ala when connolly get hurt in 06.

Michael82
03-30-2011, 04:30 PM
I hope he's okay or the Sabres might not even make the playoffs. :ill:

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Lundqvist is owning us so far

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 06:44 PM
This is gonna get ugly. One good shift in the last 10 min of the 1st. They blew their load in the 1st 10 min and failed to score. Enroth gave up some juicy rebounds.

don137
03-30-2011, 07:26 PM
I remember thinking how classless Leafs fans were when Miller was hit in collar one and jaw and was down. They was a loud roar from them when Miller was down.

Playoffs are no sure thing anymore. Sunday's game against Carolina could be a make or break game. I'm going to the game. Can't wait

PTI
03-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Hurricanes freaking up 4-1 over Montreal. Montreal is playing really bad lately.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Hurricanes freaking up 4-1 over Montreal. Montreal is playing really bad lately.

as much as I hate Montreal, I'd rather see them make it than Carolina. Carolina has the most pathetic "fans" in sports. Habs fans are douchebags but at least they're real hockey fans.

Ebenezer
03-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Lundqvist is owning us so far
I guess Enroth not only owns the Rangers - he's collecting interest!

PTI
03-30-2011, 08:29 PM
ENROTH COMES THROUGH!! Actually Dmen played well, not nearly as many shots on the Sabres goal, but Enroth was really good.

Crisis
03-30-2011, 08:45 PM
This is gonna get ugly. One good shift in the last 10 min of the 1st. They blew their load in the 1st 10 min and failed to score. Enroth gave up some juicy rebounds.

you are miserable. i couldn't imagine living with you.

JD
03-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Well, would you look at that..... young players come in = team plays better.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 10:04 PM
you are miserable. i couldn't imagine living with you.

and once again, instead of addressing the point, you go right after my attitude.

And this was an easy one too. The game is over, we won. I was wrong. My description of the first period was correct but it didn't carry through to the end of the game. There are so many things related to the team and the game you could have used to challenge the point.

****, I know a lot of you think that I overreact and that I'm too negative, but even if those things are true, at least I stay on topic and talk about the team and/or the game.

Ebenezer
03-30-2011, 10:10 PM
****, I know a lot of you think that I overreact and that I'm too negative, but even if those things are true, at least I stay on topic and talk about the team and/or the game.

you are....

...and it is on topic...you brought it up. Enroth was shutting out the Rangers just the same as Lunqvist was shutting out the Sabres yet you only gave Lunqvist credit...you call yourself a fan but you only gave the opponent credit and didn't even mention your own goalie? Terrible.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 10:15 PM
you are....

...and it is on topic...you brought it up. Enroth was shutting out the Rangers just the same as Lunqvist was shutting out the Sabres yet you only gave Lunqvist credit...you call yourself a fan but you only gave the opponent credit and didn't even mention your own goalie? Terrible.

When I wrote the post, it was after the 1st period. The Sabres had 15 shots on goal.

The Rangers had 8.

EIGHT.

Sorry if I'm not enough of a homer to jump all over a goalie's junk for stopping 8 shots against a team that has only managed 3 goals in the last 3 games.

If you can't see that 15 is more than 8, I don't know what to tell you.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Lunqvist was outstanding in the first.

Of course, Op could have made a similar post about Enroth after the 2nd or partway through the 3rd. But I see his point after the first. It was all about Lunqvist that period.

Crisis
03-30-2011, 10:27 PM
it's more about the fact that when the sabres do well during a game i never see op posting, but when the sabres are losing (or even TIED) it's all doom and gloom. i just don't understand how somebody can ever actually enjoy anything when they just complain constantly.

Crisis
03-30-2011, 10:28 PM
and you're just as bad as a homer, you're just on the opposite end of it.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 10:30 PM
it's more about the fact that when the sabres do well during a game i never see op posting, but when the sabres are losing (or even TIED) it's all doom and gloom. i just don't understand how somebody can ever actually enjoy anything when they just complain constantly.

well, in case you didn't notice, I don't comment on a lot of games because I have the Internet feed and a lot of times the resolution is low and I can't really see what's going on. And I have a tremendous sports curse, so most of the time I actually get to watch the games on real TV, they lose.

Dr. Lecter
03-30-2011, 10:33 PM
well, in case you didn't notice, I don't comment on a lot of games because I have the Internet feed and a lot of times the resolution is low and I can't really see what's going on. And I have a tremendous sports curse, so most of the time I actually get to watch the games on real TV, they lose.
You comment plenty when they lose!!!!!!

But you admitted you were wrong.

That is one of Patti's signs!!

Ebenezer
When I wrote the post, it was after the 1st period. The Sabres had 15 shots on goal.

The Rangers had 8.

EIGHT.

Sorry if I'm not enough of a homer to jump all over a goalie's junk for stopping 8 shots against a team that has only managed 3 goals in the last 3 games.

If you can't see that 15 is more than 8, I don't know what to tell you.
that's bull****...you made a point of coming in here and patting the enemy goalie on the back and blowing smoke up his ass....you never took one second to come back and congratulate Enroth...you are the worst type of fan ... correction, you are not even a fan.

OpIv37
and you're just as bad as a homer, you're just on the opposite end of it.

disagree completely. If I were just as bad as a homer, the teams would be doing a lot better. Most of my complains, like them or not, turn out to be legitimate, which is why the teams are so bad.

So what if Fitzpatrick puts up 300 yards in Baltimore if we end up losing the game? So what if the Sabres had a good record from January to March if they still end up missing the playoffs? Lately, it's been the negatives defining the Bills and the Sabres, not the positives.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 10:35 PM
that's bull****...you made a point of coming in here and patting the enemy goalie on the back and blowing smoke up his ass....you never took one second to come back and congratulate Enroth...you are the worst type of fan ... correction, you are not even a fan.

so, now positive and negative comments have to be an equal sum game? If we say something bad, then we also have to come back and say something good, or vice versa? Where the hell did you get that stupid idea?

And if that's the new rule, some of you are WAY behind on your negative comments. Get *****in'. NOW.

And I'm not even going to address the fan comment cuz it's ****ing absurd.

Ebenezer
03-30-2011, 10:36 PM
so, now positive and negative comments have to be an equal sum game? If we say something bad, then we also have to come back and say something good, or vice versa? Where the hell did you get that stupid idea?

And if that's the new rule, some of you are WAY behind on your negative comments. Get *****in'. NOW.

You couldn't even give cred to your goalie who got a shut out!! You just don't get it.

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 10:39 PM
You couldn't even give cred to your goalie who got a shut out!! You just don't get it.

obviously, you didn't check Facebook, because I did give credit to Enroth on there.

So, you just don't know wtf you're talking about.

Oh, and only about 4 posters on here gave Enroth credit. Guess the rest of them aren't fans either.

Ebenezer
03-30-2011, 10:40 PM
obviously, you didn't check Facebook, because I did give credit to Enroth on there.

So, you just don't know wtf you're talking about.

Oh, and only about 4 posters on here gave Enroth credit. Guess the rest of them aren't fans either.
None of them gave credit to the opponent goalie. You are a closet Rangers fan!

OpIv37
03-30-2011, 10:42 PM
None of them gave credit to the opponent goalie. You are a closet Rangers fan!

sound logic there....

Ebenezer
03-30-2011, 10:44 PM
sound logic there....
you applauded the enemy and never credited the Sabres...no other conclusion to draw...

kelly2reed4six
03-30-2011, 11:08 PM

I understand his point of view......when you've been exposed to the championship deprivation for so long even when something good happens it is difficult to see it that way. The sabres could be up 5-0 in the 3rd period of game 7 of the stanley cup finals and I would probably still have the negative thoughts that we were going to blow it creep into my mind....same with the bills.....we could be 10-0 in the regular season by I would still not be comfortable until that playoff clinching "x" was next to our team name!

Ebenezer
03-30-2011, 11:11 PM
I understand his point of view......when you've been exposed to the championship deprivation for so long even when something good happens it is difficult to see it that way. The sabres could be up 5-0 in the 3rd period of game 7 of the stanley cup finals and I would probably still have the negative thoughts that we were going to blow it creep into my mind....same with the bills.....we could be 10-0 in the regular season by I would still not be comfortable until that playoff clinching "x" was next to our team name!
worry about a win in a situation like that is a world of difference away from *****ing about and finding fault with everything "your" team does.

kelly2reed4six
03-30-2011, 11:16 PM
worry about a win in a situation like that is a world of difference away from *****ing about and finding fault with everything "your" team does.

I should be clear I wasn't really defending it....I was just saying I can understand it....

The fact of the matter is I think you both are HUGE Buffalo fans....otherwise you wouldn't be here on this forum *****ing at one another after midnight!

Agree to disagree here....

Goodnight :;

G Wolly
03-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Lunqvist was outstanding in the first.

Of course, Op could have made a similar post about Enroth after the 2nd or partway through the 3rd. But I see his point after the first. It was all about Lunqvist that period.

Lundqvist

chernobylwraiths
03-31-2011, 05:40 AM

...and the last time he commented on a game he didn't actually watch, he was crucified.

chernobylwraiths
03-31-2011, 05:42 AM

:rofl:

OpIv37
03-31-2011, 08:11 AM
you applauded the enemy and never credited the Sabres...no other conclusion to draw...

except that I did compliment the Sabres. But apparently that's not good enough for you because I didn't come back and do it in the exact same spot where I criticized them.

And, btw, why should I be complimenting the Sabres when they haven't even clinched a playoff spot yet? Some of you have such low standards for what deserves complimenting.

Dr. Lecter
03-31-2011, 08:19 AM
except that I did compliment the Sabres. But apparently that's not good enough for you because I didn't come back and do it in the exact same spot where I criticized them.

And, btw, why should I be complimenting the Sabres when they haven't even clinched a playoff spot yet? Some of you have such low standards for what deserves complimenting.
Why should you bash them if they are not eliminated from the playoffs

trapezeus
03-31-2011, 08:44 AM
i think every buffalo fan is OP. At the games, and at bills/sabres bars, when you make a wise crack of how the team is going to blow it, people laugh and or beat you to the punch.

I watched wanting the sabres to win and i said at 6 minutes, "this team will let a goal in at 1 minute". half the people with me were like, "but of course."

We aren't lesser fans, we probably just get so emotional that if we don't talk down the expectation, if a bad scenario pops up, our hearts will explode.

Ebenezer
03-31-2011, 08:49 AM
i think every buffalo fan is OP. At the games, and at bills/sabres bars, when you make a wise crack of how the team is going to blow it, people laugh and or beat you to the punch.

I watched wanting the sabres to win and i said at 6 minutes, "this team will let a goal in at 1 minute". half the people with me were like, "but of course."

We aren't lesser fans, we probably just get so emotional that if we don't talk down the expectation, if a bad scenario pops up, our hearts will explode.
Again, there is a difference. All fans do as you describe when they have been scorned so many times by their team. "Fans" like Op purposely set to find and comment on every fault and take extra opportunity to belittle "their" team. They find extra fault and rarely compliment. They find fault when a team wins 8-2 and just can't allow themselves to enjoy the whole package even for a night. Then they go out of their way, excessively so, to justify their persistent bashing of the team even when nobody agrees with them about the original criticism or their need to criticize.

OpIv37
03-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Again, there is a difference. All fans do as you describe when they have been scorned so many times by their team. "Fans" like Op purposely set to find and comment on every fault and take extra opportunity to belittle "their" team. They find extra fault and rarely compliment. They find fault when a team wins 8-2 and just can't allow themselves to enjoy the whole package even for a night. Then they go out of their way, excessively so, to justify their persistent bashing of the team even when nobody agrees with them about the original criticism or their need to criticize.

First, you don't have to purposely set out to find fault with these teams. If you watch the games, the faults are obvious to anyone who's not a homer. Just because some of you choose to ignore them and would rather make excuses about why it's OK to lose to the team just behind us in a tight playoff race doesn't mean the faults aren't there and aren't important.

Second, if someone does do that, why the hell do you even care? Are you the enjoyment police? Is it your job to make sure everyone who identifies themselves as a "fan" finds a way to enjoy the games even if we're not winning?

The problem is that some of you have this mentality that, since watching/following sports is a leisure activity, you're owed enjoyment. The reality is that it's enjoyable when the team is winning, and it's not enjoyable when the team is losing. If you guys want to pretend it's enjoyable because we didn't suck for almost half the season or pretend that a loss is enjoyable/excusable because we "played well and can't win every game," go right ahead and delude yourselves. I can't stop you.

trapezeus
03-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Eb, i think OP has been particularly stubborn during this sabre run, but he does have a poitn here and there.

the times they win playing bad hockey, is an omen that poor play can/will sink them in the future.

that being said, i thought that the team played really well around enroth. and they typically do. I kind of like the sabres long term chances in the playoffs if they play like that.

but i would also say that vanek continues to look slow and exhausted out there. he is straight out playing adult rec league hockey. he wants to score the easy goal, but if it doesn't work out, he takes a big circle to get back in the play. he had 2-3 chances on goals, and he missed. he's done it for about 3 weeks now. he's our goalscorer. if he scores there, the game is over a lot earlier. If he scores on his breakaway against carolina, that game is a possible win. there have been a lot. i'm just hoping that it means he's going to get hot in the playoffs as opposed to last year where he had the four goal game prior to the playoffs and then got chopped down by the bruins to be useless to the cause until game 6.

Ebenezer
03-31-2011, 11:44 AM
First, you don't have to purposely set out to find fault with these teams. If you watch the games, the faults are obvious to anyone who's not a homer. Just because some of you choose to ignore them and would rather make excuses about why it's OK to lose to the team just behind us in a tight playoff race doesn't mean the faults aren't there and aren't important.

You are so insulting and pompous. You basically just said, "you people are ignorant, blind followers. People like me are the only authoritative voices". You must be an absolute joy to be around.

Ebenezer
03-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Eb, i think OP has been particularly stubborn during this sabre run, but he does have a poitn here and there.

the times they win playing bad hockey, is an omen that poor play can/will sink them in the future.

that being said, i thought that the team played really well around enroth. and they typically do. I kind of like the sabres long term chances in the playoffs if they play like that.

but i would also say that vanek continues to look slow and exhausted out there. he is straight out playing adult rec league hockey. he wants to score the easy goal, but if it doesn't work out, he takes a big circle to get back in the play. he had 2-3 chances on goals, and he missed. he's done it for about 3 weeks now. he's our goalscorer. if he scores there, the game is over a lot earlier. If he scores on his breakaway against carolina, that game is a possible win. there have been a lot. i'm just hoping that it means he's going to get hot in the playoffs as opposed to last year where he had the four goal game prior to the playoffs and then got chopped down by the bruins to be useless to the cause until game 6.
points here and there that get deluded by the constant *****ing.

SabreEleven
03-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Being a negative Buffalo fan comes naturally, IMO. It's hard to be positive when you expect the kick in the nuts to come. We had such a long line of disappointments that it has come 2nd nature and we expect it.

SabreEleven
03-31-2011, 11:59 AM

What really has pissed me off about Vanek is he is getting in the habit of passing the puck in prime scoring area's. He is our ****ing scorer. Stop passing the puck when you are in the slot...I've screamed more than once for him to shoot....Pisses me the **** off.

Ebenezer
03-31-2011, 12:10 PM
What really has pissed me off about Vanek is he is getting in the habit of passing the puck in prime scoring area's. He is our ****ing scorer. Stop passing the puck when you are in the slot...I've screamed more than once for him to shoot....Pisses me the **** off.
I don't disagree but is the team doing better because he is doing it?

SabreEleven
03-31-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't disagree but is the team doing better because he is doing it?

None of the those prime scoring "passes", that I can recall, actually resulted in a goal....They hit a skate, miss their mark or get blocked.

OpIv37
03-31-2011, 12:47 PM
You are so insulting and pompous. You basically just said, "you people are ignorant, blind followers. People like me are the only authoritative voices". You must be an absolute joy to be around.
Truth hurts, doesn't it?

trapezeus
03-31-2011, 12:49 PM
None of the those prime scoring "passes", that I can recall, actually resulted in a goal....They hit a skate, miss their mark or get blocked.

if the vanek malaise was making other people goal scorers, i wouldnt complain, but look at the last two games it has happened.

1. toronto. 2-1 with connolly. he slows down waiting to force a pass, it's not really open, but he does it anyways, and then when the rebound comes back to him he fires it like 9 miles wide. timmy was still skating. put it on his right side and let tim whack at a rebound.

2. last night. he makes a slow developing move which gets him around the defensemen, he kind of blindly throws it out front and takes a huge circle route to get back to the play. when he's there, the puck is sitting there for a quick "throw it at the net, goalie is down, everyone is out of position" shot. It stops it, tee's it up for a slap shot which allows for the rangers guy to block it.

I don't think it's a fundamental problem that makes him bad player, but its a nauseating stretch. if the sabres were say, "3-9-1", i'm pretty sure we'd all be calling him out.

So if we can call him out when the going is bad, shouldn't we still say, "fundamentally, this is a problem. our goal scorer isn't scoring regularly."

OpIv37
03-31-2011, 02:08 PM

In all seriousness, that's not exactly what I said. But it's on the right track. It's not being "blind followers" because there is no one particular thing/person to follow. But it is an "ignorance is bliss" mentality. Sure, you can enjoy the run they've been on since January, if you completely ignore the fact that they ****ed up Oct-Dec so bad that they still may not make the playoffs. Sure, you can enjoy the fact that we're winning despite a lack of scoring from our top guys, if you completely ignore the fact that we won't beat the better teams without scoring from our top guys and certainly won't do anything in the playoffs if they don't start scoring. I could keep going, but I've made my point. It's hard to take your opinions as objective when your biggest concern is getting enjoyment out of the team.

It particularly bothers me when people make excuses for a loss, like "we played well" or "we can't win every game." Of course we can't win every game, but the goal is still to win every night, and as fans of the team, we are perfectly within our rights to complain about a loss (particularly when that loss shows big flaws in the team or has direct implications in the playoff standings).

Dr. Lecter
03-31-2011, 03:42 PM
In all seriousness, that's not exactly what I said. But it's on the right track. It's not being "blind followers" because there is no one particular thing/person to follow. But it is an "ignorance is bliss" mentality. Sure, you can enjoy the run they've been on since January, if you completely ignore the fact that they ****ed up Oct-Dec so bad that they still may not make the playoffs. Sure, you can enjoy the fact that we're winning despite a lack of scoring from our top guys, if you completely ignore the fact that we won't beat the better teams without scoring from our top guys and certainly won't do anything in the playoffs if they don't start scoring. I could keep going, but I've made my point. It's hard to take your opinions as objective when your biggest concern is getting enjoyment out of the team.

It particularly bothers me when people make excuses for a loss, like "we played well" or "we can't win every game." Of course we can't win every game, but the goal is still to win every night, and as fans of the team, we are perfectly within our rights to complain about a loss (particularly when that loss shows big flaws in the team or has direct implications in the playoff standings).

That would be fine, but how often do you praise the team (except in passing) for big wins? Montreal. Rangers. The overall record in 2011.

That is the point you are missing. They won a game 8-2 and your primary focus was complaining. Not scoring 8 goals.

It is almost like listening to Palin talking about Obama.

trapezeus
03-31-2011, 03:48 PM

wow! this just got heated.

OpIv37
03-31-2011, 03:51 PM
That would be fine, but how often do you praise the team (except in passing) for big wins? Montreal. Rangers. The overall record in 2011.

That is the point you are missing. They won a game 8-2 and your primary focus was complaining. Not scoring 8 goals.

Didn't I already explain this several times?

What do you think is going to happen in the playoffs when the refs swallow the whistles? We will NOT score 8 goals in the playoffs. I'd be surprised if ANY team scores 8 goals in the playoffs. The level of play goes up a notch. If we get to the playoffs, we can't count on the rest of the team scoring 8 goals to cover for Vanek and Pominville missing breakaways cuz it just ain't gonna happen. The only way we win playoff games is if guys like Vanek and Pominville make the most of the few opportunities they will get. Given how they've played lately- including in that 8-2 game- I don't trust them to do it and hence I don't trust the team to win.

Regular season wins are nice but the ultimate goal is to win a championship. Go ahead and enjoy the win at the expense of ignoring the long-term implications if you want. I can't stop you. But that mentality leads to overlooking the fact that top guys aren't scoring and doesn't provide a very objective long-term view of the team.

OpIv37
03-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Or, to put it another way, if we don't make the playoffs, or if we squeeze in and have another early playoff exit, it won't be because we scored 8 goals in a regular season game. It will be because guys like Vanek and Pominville don't take advantage of breakaways and don't score consistently.

The negatives define the team, not the positives.

Hell, even if we do well in the playoffs, it won't be because guys other than Vanek and Pominville scored 8 goals. It will be because Vanek and Pominville start scoring consistently. The only way they will be successful is if they change the negative that I mentioned so that the negatives no longer define the team.

Dr. Lecter
03-31-2011, 04:07 PM
OK - just to put the scoring thing to bed. They ae 4th in the East and around 9th in the NHL in goals scored.

So the goal scoring thing is factually incorrect.

chernobylwraiths
03-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Op, try and live in the now, once in a while. If all you see is future failure, which is inevitable, you will never enjoy the wins when they come.

It's like the Bills come back game. Everyone knows that they had to fall back by 32 points before they came back. Many people, myself included, turned the game off the radio, or walked out of the game (I did turn it back on five minutes later). And even those who stayed or continued watching or listening pretty much knew we were going to lose. But we didn't. And the winning felt great. I wonder if, as a 10 year old or whatever, you said, "yeah it was a nice win, but how the hell did they get down by 32 points and Houston totally dominated them in the first half."

You are the great buzzkill at times. It seems that there can be no happiness with you sometimes. I am only half kidding when I say that you should really take a step back and analyze why it is you like sports. Sports is about winning. When your team is winning, even poorly, you appreciate the luck and hope it continues. You know it won't and you know you can't always win. But you can't always lose either.

I swear that if we won a championship, you would be saying that there is no way in hell we could repeat.

chernobylwraiths
03-31-2011, 04:10 PM
OK - just to put the scoring thing to bed. They ae 4th in the East and around 9th in the NHL in goals scored.

Take away those 8 goal games ...

Dr. Lecter
03-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Didn't I already explain this several times?

What do you think is going to happen in the playoffs when the refs swallow the whistles? We will NOT score 8 goals in the playoffs. I'd be surprised if ANY team scores 8 goals in the playoffs. The level of play goes up a notch. If we get to the playoffs, we can't count on the rest of the team scoring 8 goals to cover for Vanek and Pominville missing breakaways cuz it just ain't gonna happen. The only way we win playoff games is if guys like Vanek and Pominville make the most of the few opportunities they will get. Given how they've played lately- including in that 8-2 game- I don't trust them to do it and hence I don't trust the team to win.

Regular season wins are nice but the ultimate goal is to win a championship. Go ahead and enjoy the win at the expense of ignoring the long-term implications if you want. I can't stop you. But that mentality leads to overlooking the fact that top guys aren't scoring and doesn't provide a very objective long-term view of the team.

So what about the 1-0 and 2-0 victories (Rangers and Motreal)?

Those were classic playoff style games against likely playoff teams.

They are also are 4-1-1 against Boston. A playoff team.

The thing is, you are not getting that this team is not as awful as you make it sound. Of course there are negatives on team - but all NHL teams have negatives. Not just the Sabres.

Right now, this team has MORE positives than negatives. Yet you focus 98% on the bad barely mention any positive at all. You make absurd statements like the team needs to be perfect to makethe playoffs or that it will take a miracle for them to make it when they are 3 points AHEAD of the team in 9th. AHEAD. Not behind.

And all players do not score on all breakaways. But we have been over that. And you do not acknowledge it.

OpIv37
03-31-2011, 04:21 PM

Except that I never said "the Sabres don't score." I said the top guys don't score consistently and don't take advantage of breakaways, which is true. I'm not the only one on this board complaining about Vanek and Pominville being inconsistent. Hell, even Stafford has 28 goals, but he has 4 hat tricks, which means in the 53 games he's played where he didn't score hat tricks, he only scored 16 goals. His goals come in bunches then he disappears.

And as far as Vanek goes, check this out: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3344/gamelog;_ylt=AouGnN.k.CwoWWBmHi_4mfNivLYF

I counted SIX stretches where he went 5 or more games without a goal, including 2 that went 8 games.

So, yes, something I never said is factually incorrect.

OpIv37
03-31-2011, 04:25 PM
So what about the 1-0 and 2-0 victories (Rangers and Motreal)?

Those were classic playoff style games against likely playoff teams.

They are also are 4-1-1 against Boston. A playoff team.

The thing is, you are not getting that this team is not as awful as you make it sound. Of course there are negatives on team - but all NHL teams have negatives. Not just the Sabres.

Right now, this team has MORE positives than negatives. Yet you focus 98% on the bad barely mention any positive at all. You make absurd statements like the team needs to be perfect to makethe playoffs or that it will take a miracle for them to make it when they are 3 points AHEAD of the team in 9th. AHEAD. Not behind.

And all players do not score on all breakaways. But we have been over that. And you do not acknowledge it.

If the team had more positives than negatives, we'd have already secured a playoff spot instead of taking it down to the wire. And I already explained the miracle thing so I'm not going to waste time doing it again.

And all players don't score on all breakaways? Here we go with the ****ing excuses again. Vanek missed the one against Carolina and the one in the 8-2 game. Pominville missed two in the 8-2 game. And those are far from the only ones they've missed all year. Those are just a few examples of a larger problem that you can't see. These guys just aren't good at breakaways, period. Ignore it if you want, but the video evidence is there.

Dr. Lecter
04-01-2011, 05:19 AM
If the team had more positives than negatives, we'd have already secured a playoff spot instead of taking it down to the wire. And I already explained the miracle thing so I'm not going to waste time doing it again.

And all players don't score on all breakaways? Here we go with the ****ing excuses again. Vanek missed the one against Carolina and the one in the 8-2 game. Pominville missed two in the 8-2 game. And those are far from the only ones they've missed all year. Those are just a few examples of a larger problem that you can't see. These guys just aren't good at breakaways, period. Ignore it if you want, but the video evidence is there.
But you are not providing any evidence that they are worse than any other players in the league - you are attempting an evaluation in a cocoon with no comparative data.

The miracle thing was stupid and so was your explanation.

Part of the problem is that you come in, fly off the handle, some people get dumb and question your fanhood (which is stupid and I have always said so) and then you get defensive. To the point that you won't back off anything you have said, not matter how much hyperbole it is.

Dr. Lecter
04-01-2011, 05:21 AM
Except that I never said "the Sabres don't score." I said the top guys don't score consistently and don't take advantage of breakaways, which is true. I'm not the only one on this board complaining about Vanek and Pominville being inconsistent. Hell, even Stafford has 28 goals, but he has 4 hat tricks, which means in the 53 games he's played where he didn't score hat tricks, he only scored 16 goals. His goals come in bunches then he disappears.

And as far as Vanek goes, check this out: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3344/gamelog;_ylt=AouGnN.k.CwoWWBmHi_4mfNivLYF

I counted SIX stretches where he went 5 or more games without a goal, including 2 that went 8 games.

So, yes, something I never said is factually incorrect.

Go and look at other guys that score 20-30 goals. They are not the only players that do that. Once again, you look at the data in a vacuum.

And who cares who scores the goals?

If Rob Neidermayer, Mike Grier, Paul Gaustad or Steve Montador scores in OT of the game 7 of the SCF, does the NHL say the goal does not count or something?

Dr. Lecter
04-01-2011, 05:26 AM

Meh. That is not entirely true. At very least, the positive and negatives are equal in that case. And, according to your posts, there are NO positives. Not one. Not a single positive. Nada. Zilch.

Do you agree that is ridiculous?

Not to mention some of the positives come from things like this team bouncing back when many of us (myself included) had them down and out after the end of November. The toughness that they have shown this year has been impressive, whether you like it or not. (And yes, I know they **** the bed the first two months. i know. No doubt.)

So, if they lock themselves into the playoffs this weekend, does that automatically mean the positives outweigh the negatives?

OpIv37
04-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Go and look at other guys that score 20-30 goals. They are not the only players that do that. Once again, you look at the data in a vacuum.

And who cares who scores the goals?

If Rob Neidermayer, Mike Grier, Paul Gaustad or Steve Montador scores in OT of the game 7 of the SCF, does the NHL say the goal does not count or something?
We wont make it to game 7 of the SCF if we have to count on goals from Neids, Grier, Gaustad or Montador. So

OpIv37
04-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Meh. That is not entirely true. At very least, the positive and negatives are equal in that case. And, according to your posts, there are NO positives. Not one. Not a single positive. Nada. Zilch.

Do you agree that is ridiculous?

Not to mention some of the positives come from things like this team bouncing back when many of us (myself included) had them down and out after the end of November. The toughness that they have shown this year has been impressive, whether you like it or not. (And yes, I know they **** the bed the first two months. i know. No doubt.)

So, if they lock themselves into the playoffs this weekend, does that automatically mean the positives outweigh the negatives?
I never said there were no positives at all. I just don't bother discussing them because as I've already stated, the negatives define the team right now. If we miss the playoffs or make it but get eliminated early, it won't be because Enroth shut out the Rangers or we won a regular season game 8-2. It will be because our top scorers can't score and the team isn't physical enough.

If we make the playoffs, it will be because some of the things I've mentioned as negatives were fixed. The reason I don't think we will make it is because I don't see these guys suddenly fixing all the problems I've mentioned, most of which have plagued the team for the last 4 years. If they do fix them, great, but I don't see it happening and that's why I'm so negative about the team.

trapezeus
04-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Take away those 8 goal games ...

in seriousness, you kind of have to take out the blowouts for all teams. i'd rather have a team that consistantly scores 2-3 goals a game than have a team that scores 8 every 3 months and gets shut out from time to time. your chances of winning are probably better when you have a decent goalie like miller (or an all-star like enroth, jk).

chernobylwraiths
04-01-2011, 08:30 AM
I never said there were no positives at all. I just don't bother discussing them because as I've already stated, the negatives define the team right now. If we miss the playoffs or make it but get eliminated early, it won't be because Enroth shut out the Rangers or we won a regular season game 8-2. It will be because our top scorers can't score and the team isn't physical enough.

If we make the playoffs, it will be because some of the things I've mentioned as negatives were fixed. The reason I don't think we will make it is because I don't see these guys suddenly fixing all the problems I've mentioned, most of which have plagued the team for the last 4 years. If they do fix them, great, but I don't see it happening and that's why I'm so negative about the team.

Can't have it both ways. They can't make it and still have the negatives define them. They HAVE to be given credit for making the playoffs after such a horrendous start. But it doesn't mean their problems are "fixed". It just means they have played better. Every team has negatives, only one wins the whole thing.

While I will not be "satisfied" by a first round exit, I WILL be able to be somewhat impressed by their second half and push to make the playoffs without one of their top players. Doesn't mean I will be totally happy, and I certainly won't be happy if they stand pat after this season.

PTI
04-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Miller is now out for the rest of the year.

trapezeus
04-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Miller is now out for the rest of the year.

without a link, this comes off as an april fool's prank. i don't see it listed anywhere else, but i didn't really do much of a search.

Are you screwing with us, or is this real?

G Wolly
04-01-2011, 01:26 PM
without a link, this comes off as an april fool's prank. i don't see it listed anywhere else, but i didn't really do much of a search.

Are you screwing with us, or is this real?

Either way. 5 games left.

Enroth knows what he's doing.

Suit up Jhonas.

trapezeus
04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
still. it's a lot to ask jhonas to keep up the ranger's effort with the team not scoring very much lately.

I'd be fine with miller being shelved until the columbus game if it's minor and they are getting him rest. if he's seriously injured and they think rushing him back for the first playoff game is where he is at physically, that's scary territory. it means lalime is back as backup. Ewwww.

Mski
04-01-2011, 03:36 PM
so to comment on the original topic of the thread.... there are still rumors of concussion like symptoms, and that the team wont call it that, so that he doesnt have to go through the mandatory rest periods and testing, and he may not be back in goal for the rest of the year, in his last two games he did take a few shots of the mask, and the one to the colar bone/jaw. seems plausible

G Wolly
04-02-2011, 12:12 AM
still. it's a lot to ask jhonas to keep up the ranger's effort with the team not scoring very much lately.

In 9 games he's allowed 21 goals for an average of 2.45 which is pretty darn good.

Michael82
04-02-2011, 11:28 AM
While your premise is true.... He still isn't mobile. Even in the pocket.
I was talking to one of the managers at work and he said that he went to the game on Wednesday with a friend at a box next to the owners box. The rumor going around was that Ryan Miller has a concussion and is done for the rest of the season and might not even be ready for the playoffs. He didn't make the flight out of Buffalo for the roadtrip and the team wants to see if his symptoms go away, but it didn't look good.

JD
04-02-2011, 09:02 PM
I was talking to one of the managers at work and he said that he went to the game on Wednesday with a friend at a box next to the owners box. The rumor going around was that Ryan Miller has a concussion and is done for the rest of the season and might not even be ready for the playoffs. He didn't make the flight out of Buffalo for the roadtrip and the team wants to see if his symptoms go away, but it didn't look good.
A concussion from the puck hitting his shoulder.. what an epic shot :whoosh:

Ebenezer
04-02-2011, 09:21 PM
A concussion from the puck hitting his shoulder.. what an epic shot :whoosh:
he took three shots off the mask in the NJ game.

don137
04-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Concussion makes sense as to why he did not travel. From what I understand a person should not fly if they have concussion symptoms.

JD
04-03-2011, 09:56 AM
It's not a concussion, he just looks confused because he has a lazy eye