PDA

View Full Version : 2011 "Experts Mock Draft"

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Hey guys. This is my first post here, and yes - I am a Saints fan. Who Dat!?

On saintsreport.com, we do an annual mock draft for the "experts" on the board. Basically, an "expert" is a guy who shows genuine interest and knowledge of the draft, and each guy draws a team. I ended up drawing the Bills, so I wanted to see what you guys think about my draft so far. One important addition - trades are allowed for current year picks only. No future picks and/or current roster players are allowed to be traded.

Let me preface this by saying that the approach I took was one that would build up a great defense that could play to the harsh, cold, outdoor elements. The plan for the team was to build a defense similar to the Ravens, Steelers, Jets, etc. I really feel that, with the elements in Buffalo, your defense could be elite - I wanted to create a defense that would strike fear, so hopefully that explains the methods of picking players. Moreover, I wanted to help further establish the run game, so I kept an eye open for certain OLinemen, TEs, and RBs that would help in that regard. This draft is based 100% on value and potential. Every player that was picked in this draft was a guy has a high ceiling (potential) but just happened to slip through the cracks. I don't think that any of my picks could be considered "reaches."

First, I will post the picks. Then I will post my writeup for each one explaining the pick. Lastly, I will give my own projected depth chart for next year's squad. Here they are:

1) 3rd overall pick, CB Patrick Peterson LSU
2) 34th overall pick, DE/DT Phil Taylor Baylor
3) This was a trade down to the 78th overall pick, LT Joseph Barksdale LSU
4a) The was the other pick (99th overall) that I got in the trade, ILB Mark Herzlich Boston College
4b) 100th overall pick, OLB/DE K.J. Wright Miss St.
4c) 122nd overall pick, RB Delone Carter Syracuse
5) 133rd overall pick, TE Jordan Cameron USC

That is as far as we have gotten. I still have the 6th round pick and the 7th round compensatory pick left. It is a lengthy process that has been going on for more than 2 weeks now. We take it very seriously, and a lot of time and thought went into these picks. Nobody blows it off, so you know that the whole draft process is pretty legit. The feedback from the rest of saintsreport.com has been very good. Honestly, I have been getting messages daily saying how the Bills can only hope to get such a good draft. I wanted you guys to see it and give me some feedback. I hope I didn't disappoint anyone!

Ingtar33
03-30-2011, 10:20 PM
welcome aboard...

looks like you guys had fun. Peterson isn't outside the realm of possibility for the bills to take, though i can assure you, while he's an excellent prospect many of the bills fans on this forum probably would drink themselves into a stupor if that was the actual pick

Generally speaking this football team has one of the worst defensive front 7s you'll see in the league, and i wouldn't be surprised if they went almost completely front 7 in the draft this year.

It looks like you understood some of our needs but not the depth of just how atrocious our front 7 is.

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 10:21 PM
With the 3rd pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select CB Patrick Peterson LSU.

http://i53.tinypic.com/352hzex.jpg

How can you pass on this guy? He is a mixture between Primetime and Revis. Peterson Island will be a common phrase amongst all households by 2012. Peterson will allow this defense to do so many different things with the blitz and the run game. The fact that he can completely shut down an entire side of the field makes him an extremely valuable asset. He isn't injury prone, and he is a freak athlete. We feel that he will be a perennial all pro, and he will be a leader for the future that is the Buffalo Bills defense.

In general, the defense has good depth into the later rounds, so we feel like we may be able to address some needs there. The deciding factor was that, for us, Peterson has the talent to go #1 overall, and we just could NOT pass on such unique asset.

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 10:22 PM
With the 34th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select from Baylor University DT Phil Taylor.

http://i56.tinypic.com/209ik8x.jpg http://i56.tinypic.com/bgwn4p.jpg

The bolded area just about sums it up for us. We feel that Phil Taylor is a rare combination of size/speed, and we think that he will transition well as a DE in our 3-4 system. It comes down to the fact that he is a great run stopper, yet he is athletic enough to rush the passer. We feel that he will pair very well with our current stand out NT Kyle Williams.

We here in Buffalo are trying to create a top notch defense. We sured up the secondary with the Peterson pick in round 1. Now, it is time to provide a BIG boost (pun intended ) to the DLine. There is 1 word to describe NT Phil Taylor - disruptive. The kid is a monster of a human being, and he has an incredibly high ceiling. Taylor really is the whole package, and we feel that he is an absolute STEAL in the early 2nd round.

It's all about staying true to your draft board, and Taylor was very high on ours. The fact that he fell this far is a complete and udder shock; nonetheless, our shock walks hand-in-hand with our extreme delight. Let's just say that things are shaping up nicely for us, and it is a very good day to be a Bills fan!

Ingtar33
03-30-2011, 10:23 PM
he had 7 ints in his college career.

don't get me wrong, he'll be a good CB at the next level. but comparing him to primetime and revis is wrong on so many levels... (both players i might note were not drafted in the top 5 picks)

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 10:23 PM
With the 78th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select LSU OT Joseph Barksdale.
http://i52.tinypic.com/outsvn.jpg

We were approached with several offers to trade down here, but we felt that with a talent like Barksdale on the board combined with our need for a good OT that this was too good of an oportunity to pass on. Let's just say that we were pleasently surprised when Barksdale slipped this far to us. In 2010, he carried a 1st round grade. He got injured to begin the 2010 season which caused him to drop alot in the standings, but he is 100% now.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Solid size and frame to add bulk
Long arms
Very light on his feet
Fluid, smooth athlete
Outstanding technician
A natural knee bender and keeps pads low
Love his balance and body control
Patient pass protector; sits in his stance, not over-aggressive
Displays explosiveness
Nice range and can be isolated 1v1
Reacts quickly to counter moves; good instincts
Understands angles
Comfortable in space
Starter in SEC since sophomore year
Terrific hand punch; keeps hands inside
Fantastic agility
Gets solid arm extension
Moves to second level with ease
Heavy hands
Highly consistent in pass protection
Huge upside and potential
Durable
Great skill set for an NFL left tackle

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">From Walterfootball.com:

I don't understand why Barksdale isn't more well regarded as a 2011 NFL Draft prospect nationally, but I really don't care. I have watched a lot of tape on the most lauded 2010 NFL Draft tackle prospects, and Barksdale's games are easily the best. He has a very high upside and has the raw talent to be an elite left tackle in the NFL with the prototype technique to boot. He needs to prove he can man the blind side as a senior at LSU, but I think when it's all said and done, he will at least go in the first two rounds. I'm giving Barksdale a first-round grade to start the 2010 season and he's my No. 1 offensive tackle prospect for the 2011 NFL Draft.

We feel like this assessment pretty much sums it up. He has potential out of this world, and we feel that he will be an anchor at the position for many years to come. He has a great frame to add a little more weight if need be, he has incredible arms, and he is a very hard worker. He dominated in the toughest conference in college football, the SEC. We liked that he held his own against dominant rushers like Von Miller and Justin Houston, yet he was strong enough to match up with DT Marcel Dareus from Alabama. He is a proven prospect, and we think he could end up being considered an "elite" tackle in this league. We are very excited to get such a steal in the mid 3rd round in Joseph Barksdale.

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 10:24 PM
With the 99th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select LB Mark Herzlich from Boston College.
http://i53.tinypic.com/2dvu1sp.jpghttp://i56.tinypic.com/5x4jh4.jpg

Steal of the draft? We sure think so! If Herzlich doesn't develop cancer, he is a 1st round pick this year. We didn't expect him to perform well last year. Usually, a player needs a full year or 2 to return to his former status. We feel that Herzlich can start for us from day 1. The fact that we got him in the 4th round is completely astounding to us. We are beyond excited to see what this kid brings to the table at the ILB position in our 3-4. We feel like he is a perfect fit for the position, and we love his fire, tenacity, and straight up love for the game. We feel that Herzlich is an amazing human being, and he will fit into this lockerrom from day 1.

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 10:24 PM
With the 100th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select LB K.J. Wright from Mississippi St.
http://i53.tinypic.com/2e0ogna.pnghttp://i54.tinypic.com/eqwdw3.jpg

Sticking the with LB theme, we feel like K.J Wright is realy good value here for us. Again, we are keeping things on the defensive side of the ball. K.J. will pose a great threat to rush the passer opposite to Shaun Merriman. We really don't have much in the way of OLBs on the team, and we feel that Wright should receive a lot of reps next year at the position.

We like the fact that he was extremely productive in the SEC. He has great size for the position with room to add bulk, but the most impressive part of his build are his extremely LONG arms that measured out at 34⅞" (good for longest arms of any LB in the draft this year). We are very excited to get him in the 4th, and we feel that he has a very high ceiling for the position. We think he will be a natural fit in our 3-4 defense.

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 10:25 PM
With the 122nd pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select RB Delone Carter from Syracuse.
http://i56.tinypic.com/2r54uvn.jpghttp://i52.tinypic.com/4zzqll.jpg

Wow! Look at that chiseled frame. We really thought he would be gone by now, especially with the run on RBs earlier... Let me make a comparrison to our very own 3 man RB by commitee approach: Fred Jackson - Pierre Thomas; CJ Spiller - Reggie Bush; Delone Carter - Chris Ivory. Obviously a lesser version, but you get the picture .

The one thing that the Bills are missing in the running game is a short yardage back. Spiller is the scat back and Jackson is sort of a do it all back, but Carter is the one who can go between the tackles and pick up the tough yards. This kid is really shifty between the tackles. He shows a great burst in short distances, and he is not afraid to lower the old shoulder and lay some wood. He is very stout, and tacklers have trouble tracking him down because of his height. Sure, he isn't going to be busting off 60 yard runs every play, but he still has the ability to do so on occasion. Where we are, late in the 4th round, Carter is hands down the best player available on our board, yet he also fills a huge need.

We are absolutely ecstatic to say the least!

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 10:25 PM
With the 133rd pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select TE Jordan Cameron from USC.
http://i52.tinypic.com/144bj1t.jpghttp://i51.tinypic.com/xpx2ty.jpg

Jimmy Graham 2.0? We feel that this kid has some of the best potential in the whole draft. Another basketball guy converted to TE, Cameron has rare athletecism and explosiveness for his size - 6'5, 255.

Cameron is still a little raw because of his limited time playing football, but much like Graham, he has potential through the roof. His weakest area is his blocking technique (which can be fixed with a little coaching). He has the size and strength to be a competetive blocker, yet he does possess the frame to add a little more weight if need be. We are excited to work with Cameron. We feel that after a little coaching he will be regarded as one of the best TEs in this year's class.

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 10:30 PM
welcome aboard...

looks like you guys had fun. Peterson isn't outside the realm of possibility for the bills to take, though i can assure you, while he's an excellent prospect many of the bills fans on this forum probably would drink themselves into a stupor if that was the actual pick

Generally speaking this football team has one of the worst defensive front 7s you'll see in the league, and i wouldn't be surprised if they went almost completely front 7 in the draft this year.

It looks like you understood some of our needs but not the depth of just how atrocious our front 7 is.
Thanks man. Trust me haha, I wanted to go all front 7, but there was too much talent that fell for me to draft based just on need in the front 7. Barksdale is a great pickup. Like I said, I draft based on BPA with a slight regard to need - that is what the Saints and Patriots do, and look at how well they draft year in and year out.

Honestly though, Barksdale goes in the 1st round had he not injured himself his senior year. We were all amazed that he ened up recovering so quickly and finished out the year. He will be a rock on the left side for you guys for years to come.

I will address Peterson in the next post.

tampabay25690
03-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Hey guys. This is my first post here, and yes - I am a Saints fan. Who Dat!?

On saintsreport.com, we do an annual mock draft for the "experts" on the board. Basically, an "expert" is a guy who shows genuine interest and knowledge of the draft, and each guy draws a team. I ended up drawing the Bills, so I wanted to see what you guys think about my draft so far. One important addition - trades are allowed for current year picks only. No future picks and/or current roster players are allowed to be traded.

Let me preface this by saying that the approach I took was one that would build up a great defense that could play to the harsh, cold, outdoor elements. The plan for the team was to build a defense similar to the Ravens, Steelers, Jets, etc. I really feel that, with the elements in Buffalo, your defense could be elite - I wanted to create a defense that would strike fear, so hopefully that explains the methods of picking players. Moreover, I wanted to help further establish the run game, so I kept an eye open for certain OLinemen, TEs, and RBs that would help in that regard. This draft is based 100% on value and potential. Every player that was picked in this draft was a guy has a high ceiling (potential) but just happened to slip through the cracks. I don't think that any of my picks could be considered "reaches."

First, I will post the picks. Then I will post my writeup for each one explaining the pick. Lastly, I will give my own projected depth chart for next year's squad. Here they are:

1) 3rd overall pick, CB Patrick Peterson LSU
2) 34th overall pick, DE/DT Phil Taylor Baylor
3) This was a trade down to the 78th overall pick, LT Joseph Barksdale LSU
4a) The was the other pick (99th overall) that I got in the trade, ILB Mark Herzlich Boston College
4b) 100th overall pick, OLB/DE K.J. Wright Miss St.
4c) 122nd overall pick, RB Delone Carter Syracuse
5) 133rd overall pick, TE Jordan Cameron USC

That is as far as we have gotten. I still have the 6th round pick and the 7th round compensatory pick left. It is a lengthy process that has been going on for more than 2 weeks now. We take it very seriously, and a lot of time and thought went into these picks. Nobody blows it off, so you know that the whole draft process is pretty legit. The feedback from the rest of saintsreport.com has been very good. Honestly, I have been getting messages daily saying how the Bills can only hope to get such a good draft. I wanted you guys to see it and give me some feedback. I hope I didn't disappoint anyone!

1st of all welcome to Bills Country......

You did a pretty decent job..
I luv the 1st 3 picks.......
Im 1 of the few that would LUV Patrick Peterson at #3 you get the best player in the draft IMO......
Guys are right are front 7 is terrible but 1 guy wont just change that...
Depth and a better defense in general does that.....

Phil Taylor I have in my draft as well....
Would help fast on are DL....

RB I don't see us drafting....

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 10:37 PM
he had 7 ints in his college career.

don't get me wrong, he'll be a good CB at the next level. but comparing him to primetime and revis is wrong on so many levels... (both players i might note were not drafted in the top 5 picks)
Here is my deal. I am an LSU fan, and I have watched Peterson since he arrived. The kid is by far the best player in the draft. Believe me, that is not based on LSU bias... it's really not even a close race - the kid can flat out shut down anyone he guards. He is one of the best pure athletes that I have ever seen, yet he actually knows how to play the game, and he has a phenominal football I.Q.

He is also a film junky which is good news for a CB. He is going to be a great PR and one of the premiere shutdown CBs in the league. There is a reason why he is being discussed as the #1 overall pick in the draft this year. When you have a true star like Patrick Peterson, you don't pass on him for anyone. He is a playmaker, a gamechanger, and will be a HOF player when his career is done.

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 10:42 PM
1st of all welcome to Bills Country......

You did a pretty decent job..
I luv the 1st 3 picks.......
Im 1 of the few that would LUV Patrick Peterson at #3 you get the best player in the draft IMO......
Guys are right are front 7 is terrible but 1 guy wont just change that...
Depth and a better defense in general does that.....

Phil Taylor I have in my draft as well....
Would help fast on are DL....

RB I don't see us drafting....
Thanks for the feedback!

I think that if Herzlich at this spot is the steal of the draft. Like I said, if he doesn't develop bone cancer, he is a 1st round pick. Did anyone honestly expect him to recover in a year and play like he did before the injury? No way man! These things take at least a year or 2 to heal. He will be back up to snuff in a year, and you guys will have a very good MLB for the future.

K.J. Wright has some great intangiables - mainly his length which helps out in the blitzing game. He can develop into a monster coming off the edge. He was highly productive in the SEC which says something. If he gains 10 lbs (which he has the frame to do), he will be a starter and playmaker for many years.

Delone Carter is a late 2nd-early 3rd round talent. He was an absolute STEAL in the late 4th. He is a between the tackles guy who can really lay the wood. He will fit in great with Fred and CJ. Now you guys actually have a 3 headed monster.

THRILLHO
03-30-2011, 10:53 PM
I would hope we would draft at least 2 TE's before we even consider a RB.

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 11:02 PM
I would hope we would draft at least 2 TE's before we even consider a RB.
Yeah, but you can't draft based solely on need. Besides, Jordan Cameron is going to be a beast. Same type of player as Jimmy Graham last year, and he had a phenominal 2nd half of the season. He did so well in fact that we let go of Jeremy Shockey because Graham is that good.

k-oneputt
03-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Like your thoughts and a lot of your picks, especially the SEC guys since they are from the best conference and closer to stepping right in.
Actually I would of rather of had you drafting for us this last decade then the clowns we had. One thing you probably don't know about how the Bills scout and draft though. They LOVE the obscure small school players. They LOVE taking guys rounds before they should be picked. They LOVE trying to say they found the diamond in the rough guy from some little school in the outbacks of SW Montana. They think they are smarter then everyone but have proved that they are anything but.
I do think Peterson will be a yearly pro bowl play, but I'm with taking the best d-lineman available. The front seven is that bad. Like the Taylor pick but I doubt he is there at #34, Jets will grab him in the 1st rd.
Also doubt they take a rb.

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Like your thoughts and a lot of your picks, especially the SEC guys since they are from the best conference and closer to stepping right in.
Actually I would of rather of had you drafting for us this last decade then the clowns we had. One thing you probably don't know about how the Bills scout and draft though. They LOVE the obscure small school players. They LOVE taking guys rounds before they should be picked. They LOVE trying to say they found the diamond in the rough guy from some little school in the outbacks of SW Montana. They think they are smarter then everyone but have proved that they are anything but.
I do think Peterson will be a yearly pro bowl play, but I'm with taking the best d-lineman available. The front seven is that bad. Like the Taylor pick but I doubt he is there at #34, Jets will grab him in the 1st rd.
Also doubt they take a rb.
Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words.

With regards to the RB situation - I feel like Jackson is a good RB, but he can't do it all. Spiller should be much better next year, but he is still not a between the tackles type runner. He is a scat back and will be used as such. Those are the only 2 RBs on your squad who are worth anything. The Bills are a running team. You don't have a QB, and you don't have a good WR corps. Besides, with the weather elements, you guys should stick to the run game anyway. You could have an amazing home field advantage.

Believe me, after what the Saints went through last year (ended up with 5 RBs on IR + Bush and Jones both got injured in the playoff game), I realize the importance of having a stable of runningbacks. Two isn't enough - especially if you are a run based team. Delone Carter is amazing value here. He can be a rotational guy from day 1. Honestly, he has more natural talent than Jackson does, but Jackson has really come on the last 2 years. I think that a rotation of Jackson, Spiller, and Carter will be key for the Bills' offense. Throw in the new LT Barksdale and TE Cameron, and you have a really good upgrade in the running game.

Just to touch on Cameron quickly - he has the ability (strength, size, and desire) to be a very solid run blocking TE. He just needs to learn a little technique because he hasn't been playing football for too long. This kid will be a nightmare in the play action once he gets his run blocking technique down.

The way I figure it, you guys are going to have to wait another year in order to seriously contend. You need to establish a great defense and running game first. Once you have a good running game/offensive line, you can draft a 1st round caliber QB. Look at how well Bradford and McCoy did with a good running game. That is why I ended up passing on a QB - your team isn't ready yet for him, and he would just drown behind your OLine. Furthermore, Fitz has shown his ability to be a solid QB. I think with an improved OLine and a better running game, he could really prosper in a "ball control" sort of role at the QB position. If that is how it works out this upcoming season, you guys could just draft another WR with your 1st to give him a little more help. Imagine Fitz with a TE like Jordan, a 3 headed monster in the run game, another pick or 2 on the OLine, and a great defense to back him up. You guys would only be a few pieces away from a SB run.

justasportsfan
03-30-2011, 11:46 PM
they let Lynch go for a 4th rd pick because the backfield was crowded so I doubt they draft another rb.

NOSaints213
03-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Here is the projected defensive starters as promised:

LDE - P. Taylor
NT - K. Williams/T. Troup
RDE - A. Carrington/S. Johnson
SLB - S. Merriman/A. Maybin
MLB - M. Herzlich
WLB - P. Posluszny
JLB - A. Moats/KJ Wright
CB - P. Peterson/D. Florence
NB - L. McKelvin/T. McGee
FS - J. Byrd
SS - D. Whitner

Side Note: I don't really understand why a lot of Bills fans don't like Whitner.... I mean, he put up 140 tackles last year. Same deal with Posluszny. They are both still young, and you guys are likely going to retain them both if/when the Judge grants the Players Union its injunction. Basically, last year's CBA would be extended another year, so they would both be considered RFAs and would be tendered as you currently have them tendered. That projection has the makings of a top 5 defense... especially if Maybin gets his act together.

NOSaints213
03-31-2011, 12:00 AM
they let Lynch go for a 4th rd pick because the backfield was crowded so I doubt they draft another rb.
I thought they let Lynch go because he is a punk, wanted more money, and wanted out of Buffalo? Isn't your owner supposedly a huge cheapskate or something? Idk, can't say I followed the Bills too closely last year... Wasn't he injured a lot too? or something like that... I never once heard it was because the backfield was too crowded though.

You guys were ranked 18th in the league in rushing yards last year (bottom half of the league) and dead LAST in scoring from the running game with only 6 TDs produced... I don't see why the stable couldn't use another horse - especially if that horse is Delon Carter (who is a very good short yardage/goal line back), and you were able to get him for a late 4th round pick.

Prov401
03-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Loving the Peterson pick.

Ingtar33
03-31-2011, 02:05 AM
I thought they let Lynch go because he is a punk, wanted more money, and wanted out of Buffalo? Isn't your owner supposedly a huge cheapskate or something? Idk, can't say I followed the Bills too closely last year... Wasn't he injured a lot too? or something like that... I never once heard it was because the backfield was too crowded though.

You guys were ranked 18th in the league in rushing yards last year (bottom half of the league) and dead LAST in scoring from the running game with only 6 TDs produced... I don't see why the stable couldn't use another horse - especially if that horse is Delon Carter (who is a very good short yardage/goal line back), and you were able to get him for a late 4th round pick.

the running game was boned by having (for part of the year) a center who couldn't handle the NTs in the AFCE, and 2 OTs who had no business starting in the league... combined with a hc/oc who is pass happy and rather unable to commit to running the ball.

Lynch was dumped because there weren't enough footballs for him, Spiller and Jackson (Jackson is the better RB anyway). Yeah... our owner is a cheapskate... but that had nothing to do with the lynch move.

better days
03-31-2011, 05:16 AM
If Dareus is not there I would much prefer Von Miller myself at #3 if the Bills can't trade down which is what I would rather see.

Maybin has been a bust & may not even make the roster next year. Whitner is asking for much more money than he is worth. He needs to drop his price if he wants to be a Bill next year.

elltrain22
03-31-2011, 05:53 AM
Can we just take Drew Brees from the Saints????

TigerJ
03-31-2011, 10:16 AM
As Ingtar said, Peterson is a possibility at #3,but wold not be a popular choice. Phil Taylor is not likely at all. Buffalo likes their NTs at this point and have many higher needs. I don't see him as a DE at all. Barksdale is quite possible. Herzlich is possible , but some of us would not like the pick. He's too limited athletically, and since the type of cancer he had is directly caused by a genetic defect the chances of recurrence are a constant threat. There are better and lower risk choices available. I know nothing about Wright, but he fills a need. Carter does not fill a need and is not a likely choice. Cameron fills a need and is pretty athletic, so would probably be a well received pick.

Since Buffalo failed to renew Brian Brohm, Buffalo needs to add a QB, and many of us, while we think Fitzpatrick is an OK stopgap QB, is not a long term answer. We would be very surprised if Buffalo doesn't pick up a QB fairly early in the draft.

Add everything together, and I don't think very highly of this draft

TigerJ
03-31-2011, 10:25 AM
BTY, NOSaints213, you might be interested in Ingtar's credentials. The rest of us are just fans, but Ingtar is a college head coach and a former scout employed by an NFL team. He is one of our resident experts on the draft, and the one with the best credentials.

PTI
03-31-2011, 11:05 AM
3-13.

justasportsfan
03-31-2011, 11:13 AM
I thought they let Lynch go because he is a punk, wanted more money, and wanted out of Buffalo? Isn't your owner supposedly a huge cheapskate or something? Idk, can't say I followed the Bills too closely last year... Wasn't he injured a lot too? or something like that... .
no to all .

we were ranked there because of a new offense and a muscial chairs in the OL. Not because we didn't have talent in the backfield. A 4th rd rb from this years draft is not going to do anything that Both Spiller and Jackson can't do. WE need defense over any rb in this years draft.

DraftBoy
03-31-2011, 11:34 AM
With the 3rd pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select CB Patrick Peterson LSU.

http://i53.tinypic.com/352hzex.jpg

How can you pass on this guy? He is a mixture between Primetime and Revis. Peterson Island will be a common phrase amongst all households by 2012. Peterson will allow this defense to do so many different things with the blitz and the run game. The fact that he can completely shut down an entire side of the field makes him an extremely valuable asset. He isn't injury prone, and he is a freak athlete. We feel that he will be a perennial all pro, and he will be a leader for the future that is the Buffalo Bills defense.

In general, the defense has good depth into the later rounds, so we feel like we may be able to address some needs there. The deciding factor was that, for us, Peterson has the talent to go #1 overall, and we just could NOT pass on such unique asset.

I get the pick of Peterson would love to see who we passed on though to take him. I have Peterson #1 on my Big Board so I can't say Id hate this pick. Both are CB's are currently over valued and are a bigger hole than most people realize. McKelvin has to get better and I still am pissed we passed on a Pro Bowl corner in DRC for him. Don't think I forgot about how the Bills betrayed me that day!

DraftBoy
03-31-2011, 11:37 AM
With the 34th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select from Baylor University DT Phil Taylor.

http://i56.tinypic.com/209ik8x.jpg http://i56.tinypic.com/bgwn4p.jpg

The bolded area just about sums it up for us. We feel that Phil Taylor is a rare combination of size/speed, and we think that he will transition well as a DE in our 3-4 system. It comes down to the fact that he is a great run stopper, yet he is athletic enough to rush the passer. We feel that he will pair very well with our current stand out NT Kyle Williams.

We here in Buffalo are trying to create a top notch defense. We sured up the secondary with the Peterson pick in round 1. Now, it is time to provide a BIG boost (pun intended ) to the DLine. There is 1 word to describe NT Phil Taylor - disruptive. The kid is a monster of a human being, and he has an incredibly high ceiling. Taylor really is the whole package, and we feel that he is an absolute STEAL in the early 2nd round.

It's all about staying true to your draft board, and Taylor was very high on ours. The fact that he fell this far is a complete and udder shock; nonetheless, our shock walks hand-in-hand with our extreme delight. Let's just say that things are shaping up nicely for us, and it is a very good day to be a Bills fan!

Hate this pick, he adds nothing to the defense but gives us more depth at maybe our deepest position on the entire defense. If we are going DT it has to be a DT who can kick outside to DE as well. Ellis fits the mold as does Fua.

Taylor is overrated imo, big and strong but lazy and poorly conditioned. He routinely leans on his blocks rather than trying to move them out and he wears down quickly. He's a two down lineman who eats space up but will not routinely get a push. Over hyped thanks to his size and one good week in Mobile. His tape from his entire career does not support his round status.

DraftBoy
03-31-2011, 11:38 AM
With the 78th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select LSU OT Joseph Barksdale.
http://i52.tinypic.com/outsvn.jpg

We were approached with several offers to trade down here, but we felt that with a talent like Barksdale on the board combined with our need for a good OT that this was too good of an oportunity to pass on. Let's just say that we were pleasently surprised when Barksdale slipped this far to us. In 2010, he carried a 1st round grade. He got injured to begin the 2010 season which caused him to drop alot in the standings, but he is 100% now.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Solid size and frame to add bulk
Long arms
Very light on his feet
Fluid, smooth athlete
Outstanding technician
A natural knee bender and keeps pads low
Love his balance and body control
Patient pass protector; sits in his stance, not over-aggressive
Displays explosiveness
Nice range and can be isolated 1v1
Reacts quickly to counter moves; good instincts
Understands angles
Comfortable in space
Starter in SEC since sophomore year
Terrific hand punch; keeps hands inside
Fantastic agility
Gets solid arm extension
Moves to second level with ease
Heavy hands
Highly consistent in pass protection
Huge upside and potential
Durable
Great skill set for an NFL left tackle

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">From Walterfootball.com:

I don't understand why Barksdale isn't more well regarded as a 2011 NFL Draft prospect nationally, but I really don't care. I have watched a lot of tape on the most lauded 2010 NFL Draft tackle prospects, and Barksdale's games are easily the best. He has a very high upside and has the raw talent to be an elite left tackle in the NFL with the prototype technique to boot. He needs to prove he can man the blind side as a senior at LSU, but I think when it's all said and done, he will at least go in the first two rounds. I'm giving Barksdale a first-round grade to start the 2010 season and he's my No. 1 offensive tackle prospect for the 2011 NFL Draft.

We feel like this assessment pretty much sums it up. He has potential out of this world, and we feel that he will be an anchor at the position for many years to come. He has a great frame to add a little more weight if need be, he has incredible arms, and he is a very hard worker. He dominated in the toughest conference in college football, the SEC. We liked that he held his own against dominant rushers like Von Miller and Justin Houston, yet he was strong enough to match up with DT Marcel Dareus from Alabama. He is a proven prospect, and we think he could end up being considered an "elite" tackle in this league. We are very excited to get such a steal in the mid 3rd round in Joseph Barksdale.

Just too early for a strict RT only prospect. Plenty of other guys to grab later who are just as talented and have a meaner mentality.

DraftBoy
03-31-2011, 11:41 AM
With the 99th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select LB Mark Herzlich from Boston College.
http://i53.tinypic.com/2dvu1sp.jpghttp://i56.tinypic.com/5x4jh4.jpg

Steal of the draft? We sure think so! If Herzlich doesn't develop cancer, he is a 1st round pick this year. We didn't expect him to perform well last year. Usually, a player needs a full year or 2 to return to his former status. We feel that Herzlich can start for us from day 1. The fact that we got him in the 4th round is completely astounding to us. We are beyond excited to see what this kid brings to the table at the ILB position in our 3-4. We feel like he is a perfect fit for the position, and we love his fire, tenacity, and straight up love for the game. We feel that Herzlich is an amazing human being, and he will fit into this lockerrom from day 1.

Still think he's a slight reach here but not bad value for Herzlich who doesnt have the range I prefer at ILB but is good enough, especially when combined with your next pick.

This is a solid building block part of our D.

DraftBoy
03-31-2011, 11:42 AM
With the 100th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select LB K.J. Wright from Mississippi St.
http://i53.tinypic.com/2e0ogna.pnghttp://i54.tinypic.com/eqwdw3.jpg

Sticking the with LB theme, we feel like K.J Wright is realy good value here for us. Again, we are keeping things on the defensive side of the ball. K.J. will pose a great threat to rush the passer opposite to Shaun Merriman. We really don't have much in the way of OLBs on the team, and we feel that Wright should receive a lot of reps next year at the position.

We like the fact that he was extremely productive in the SEC. He has great size for the position with room to add bulk, but the most impressive part of his build are his extremely LONG arms that measured out at 34⅞" (good for longest arms of any LB in the draft this year). We are very excited to get him in the 4th, and we feel that he has a very high ceiling for the position. We think he will be a natural fit in our 3-4 defense.

Love this pick, he's not the freak OL like a Quinn or Miller but he is probably better mentally than almost any other OLB prospect. He's smart, he gets the game and understands how to play angles and read plays. Incredible value here.

DraftBoy
03-31-2011, 11:43 AM
With the 122nd pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select RB Delone Carter from Syracuse.
http://i56.tinypic.com/2r54uvn.jpghttp://i52.tinypic.com/4zzqll.jpg

Wow! Look at that chiseled frame. We really thought he would be gone by now, especially with the run on RBs earlier... Let me make a comparrison to our very own 3 man RB by commitee approach: Fred Jackson - Pierre Thomas; CJ Spiller - Reggie Bush; Delone Carter - Chris Ivory. Obviously a lesser version, but you get the picture .

The one thing that the Bills are missing in the running game is a short yardage back. Spiller is the scat back and Jackson is sort of a do it all back, but Carter is the one who can go between the tackles and pick up the tough yards. This kid is really shifty between the tackles. He shows a great burst in short distances, and he is not afraid to lower the old shoulder and lay some wood. He is very stout, and tacklers have trouble tracking him down because of his height. Sure, he isn't going to be busting off 60 yard runs every play, but he still has the ability to do so on occasion. Where we are, late in the 4th round, Carter is hands down the best player available on our board, yet he also fills a huge need.

We are absolutely ecstatic to say the least!

Another solid selection here, not sure how much value it brings but if he can help out on returns it makes sense. Underrated and a local kid has Buffalo written all over it.

DraftBoy
03-31-2011, 11:44 AM
With the 133rd pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select TE Jordan Cameron from USC.
http://i52.tinypic.com/144bj1t.jpghttp://i51.tinypic.com/xpx2ty.jpg

Jimmy Graham 2.0? We feel that this kid has some of the best potential in the whole draft. Another basketball guy converted to TE, Cameron has rare athletecism and explosiveness for his size - 6'5, 255.

Cameron is still a little raw because of his limited time playing football, but much like Graham, he has potential through the roof. His weakest area is his blocking technique (which can be fixed with a little coaching). He has the size and strength to be a competetive blocker, yet he does possess the frame to add a little more weight if need be. We are excited to work with Cameron. We feel that after a little coaching he will be regarded as one of the best TEs in this year's class.

Basketball player turned football player, Cameron isn't quite in the same arena of Graham athletically, but I think he could be a better blocker when all is said and done. Like you said great size and strength, terrific frame and he looks fluid and natural running routes and catching the ball.

NOSaints213
03-31-2011, 12:57 PM
the running game was boned by having (for part of the year) a center who couldn't handle the NTs in the AFCE, and 2 OTs who had no business starting in the league... combined with a hc/oc who is pass happy and rather unable to commit to running the ball.

Lynch was dumped because there weren't enough footballs for him, Spiller and Jackson (Jackson is the better RB anyway). Yeah... our owner is a cheapskate... but that had nothing to do with the lynch move.
Idk... no offense or anything because I'm not here to start trouble, but that sounds like a load of bull to me. I mean, Jackson and Spiller are nowhere even close to an elite duo. Who are you going to give the ball to on the goalline or on 3rd and short for that matter?

I agree that it is difficult to run behind a bad OLine, but that doesn't change the fact that you need another big back to rotate in. Carter is a 2nd round talent that I luckily landed in the late 4th. You aren't going to get much better value in the whole draft...

justasportsfan
03-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Idk... no offense or anything because I'm not here to start trouble, but that sounds like a load of bull to me. I mean, Jackson and Spiller are nowhere even close to an elite duo. Who are you going to give the ball to on the goalline or on 3rd and short for that matter?

I agree that it is difficult to run behind a bad OLine, but that doesn't change the fact that you need another big back to rotate in. Carter is a 2nd round talent that I luckily landed in the late 4th. You aren't going to get much better value in the whole draft...
Lynch wasn't lighting the league on fire. Jackson was better. Spiller is the future so that made Lynch expendable. Gailey was in the process of getting to know the players he inherited from Jauron. He's got a better picture now and I'm sure he'll make adjusments in the running game.

NOSaints213
03-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Hate this pick, he adds nothing to the defense but gives us more depth at maybe our deepest position on the entire defense. If we are going DT it has to be a DT who can kick outside to DE as well. Ellis fits the mold as does Fua.

Taylor is overrated imo, big and strong but lazy and poorly conditioned. He routinely leans on his blocks rather than trying to move them out and he wears down quickly. He's a two down lineman who eats space up but will not routinely get a push. Over hyped thanks to his size and one good week in Mobile. His tape from his entire career does not support his round status.
Taylor would play LDE in your system... I don't get where he "can't kick outside." He is way more nimble than you think he is, and he is actually great at pushing the pocket. He is being considered as a 4-3 3tech as well which shows you his athletecism.

Taylor is great value here. He dropped, and he was the best player on the board. He is a gamechanger up front, and nobody will be able to run on Taylor and K. Williams. Merriman and KJ Wright are your pass rush guys.

I get the pick of Peterson would love to see who we passed on though to take him. I have Peterson #1 on my Big Board so I can't say Id hate this pick. Both are CB's are currently over valued and are a bigger hole than most people realize. McKelvin has to get better and I still am pissed we passed on a Pro Bowl corner in DRC for him. Don't think I forgot about how the Bills betrayed me that day!
Gabbert went #1 overall, and Dareus went 2nd.

Just too early for a strict RT only prospect. Plenty of other guys to grab later who are just as talented and have a meaner mentality.
Actually, Barksdale is far more of a LT than a RT. I would go as far as to say he is too soft to play RT. He has the ability to develop into a top 5-8 LT in this league. To get him in the 3rd was a great steal.

He was projected in the late 1st round 2 years ago before he got injured. He is 100% though, and he even finished his senior year. He is a force on the left side and can thrive in both the passing and running game.

better days
03-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Lynch wasn't lighting the league on fire. Jackson was better. Spiller is the future so that made Lynch expendable. Gailey was in the process of getting to know the players he inherited from Jauron. He's got a better picture now and I'm sure he'll make adjusments in the running game.

I agree the Bills could use a short ydg back but think one could be had in free agency for cheap.

Blacksheep71
03-31-2011, 01:29 PM
NOSaints213

Good to see you providing a mock but not sure I'd go your direction

1. Peterson will be a star BUT I've changed my mind and don't think he'll be good for the Bills this year. We've the release of Stroud we have one vacancy available. I don't think Dareus will fall and hope it comes down to Bowers v Jordan will the former winning due to his ability to also play end in a 4-3 lineup

2. I totally agree with DraftBoy here. Taylor is a strictly a 3-4 NT only and considering his character issues we need to stay well away

3. Barksdale is finesse not a word you want to here at RT. Day3 will be spent here with a 'road-grader' type being picked

4 a)b)c) I wish Herzlich well BUT he's definitely lost a step since his illness and this is too high. We won't take a RB in the 4th because it will be a like for like conversation re: Lynch, but I do like Wright ... Tom Keiser could be another option

5. No. No more scrubs at TE. We either seriously invest or ignore the position. And after his Pro-Day, Jordan could be the second guy taken after Rudoph.

For the record I would go

R1. Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson, DE in both 3-4 and 4-3 alignments
R2. Kyle Rudoph, Notre Dame, TE
R3. Ras-I Dowling, Virginia, CB, depth behind McGee and eventual replacement
R4a) Nate Irving, North Carolina St, ILB ... but WLB in a 4-3
R4b) Thomas Keiser, Stamford, OLB
R5. Darius Morris, Temple, RT/RG ... the roadgrader
R6. Darren Evans, Virginia Tech, RB .. at 230lbs, Thunder to CJ's lightning
R7a) Alex Wujciak, Maryland ILB ..
R7b) Davonte Shannon, Buffalo, SS.. depth if Whitner leaves

better days
03-31-2011, 01:49 PM
NOSaints213

Good to see you providing a mock but not sure I'd go your direction

1. Peterson will be a star BUT I've changed my mind and don't think he'll be good for the Bills this year. We've the release of Stroud we have one vacancy available. I don't think Dareus will fall and hope it comes down to Bowers v Jordan will the former winning due to his ability to also play end in a 4-3 lineup

2. I totally agree with DraftBoy here. Taylor is a strictly a 3-4 NT only and considering his character issues we need to stay well away

3. Barksdale is finesse not a word you want to here at RT. Day3 will be spent here with a 'road-grader' type being picked

4 a)b)c) I wish Herzlich well BUT he's definitely lost a step since his illness and this is too high. We won't take a RB in the 4th because it will be a like for like conversation re: Lynch, but I do like Wright ... Tom Keiser could be another option

5. No. No more scrubs at TE. We either seriously invest or ignore the position. And after his Pro-Day, Jordan could be the second guy taken after Rudoph.

For the record I would go

R1. Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson, DE in both 3-4 and 4-3 alignments
R2. Kyle Rudoph, Notre Dame, TE
R3. Ras-I Dowling, Virginia, CB, depth behind McGee and eventual replacement
R4a) Nate Irving, North Carolina St, ILB ... but WLB in a 4-3
R4b) Thomas Keiser, Stamford, OLB
R5. Darius Morris, Temple, RT/RG ... the roadgrader
R6. Darren Evans, Virginia Tech, RB .. at 230lbs, Thunder to CJ's lightning
R7a) Alex Wujciak, Maryland ILB ..
R7b) Davonte Shannon, Buffalo, SS.. depth if Whitner leaves

I have read teams are concerned about Bowers knee long term. They are afraid it will shorten his career much like Tommy Harris.

Extremebillsfan247
03-31-2011, 08:01 PM
The Bills first 2 picks will be Von Miller, and Christian Ponder. They will spend the bulk of their picks on the defensive side. I would find it pretty hard to believe the Bills get out of this draft without selecting a QB at some point. If they are going to pick one, it will be within their first 2 selections.

NOSaints213
03-31-2011, 09:54 PM
The Bills first 2 picks will be Von Miller, and Christian Ponder. They will spend the bulk of their picks on the defensive side. I would find it pretty hard to believe the Bills get out of this draft without selecting a QB at some point. If they are going to pick one, it will be within their first 2 selections.
We disagree.

Miller would be a mistake over Peterson. Ponder is a West Coast QB, and you guys need someone who is more of a ball control guy.

Besides, I don't understand why everyone is so down on Fitz. You guys have a horrible offensive line, you have a horrible WR/TE corps, and your RBs were below average at best last year. Like I said... 18th in rushing yards and dead last in scoring from the run. Give the guy a decent oline, a good TE and another receiver or 2 and the offense would be decent.

I think you guys are playing the blame game, and Fitz is the scape goat. Truth is, 3,000 yards passing isn't bad at all in your offense. Cut the guy some slack.

better days
03-31-2011, 10:16 PM
We disagree.

Miller would be a mistake over Peterson. Ponder is a West Coast QB, and you guys need someone who is more of a ball control guy.

Besides, I don't understand why everyone is so down on Fitz. You guys have a horrible offensive line, you have a horrible WR/TE corps, and your RBs were below average at best last year. Like I said... 18th in rushing yards and dead last in scoring from the run. Give the guy a decent oline, a good TE and another receiver or 2 and the offense would be decent.

I think you guys are playing the blame game, and Fitz is the scape goat. Truth is, 3,000 yards passing isn't bad at all in your offense. Cut the guy some slack.

You are an LSU homer, but many of the experts have Miller rated higher than Peterson. The mistake would be to take Peterson over Miller. For the Buffalo Bills, Dareus or Miller would have a much greater impact than Peterson would.

While none of us expect Fitz to become a Probowl QB, very few on this board would rather draft a QB than a DL or LB at #3.

The Bills have a good set of WR's if they had a good QB like Brees they would be the talk of the league.

NOSaints213
03-31-2011, 11:06 PM
You are an LSU homer, but many of the experts have Miller rated higher than Peterson. The mistake would be to take Peterson over Miller. For the Buffalo Bills, Dareus or Miller would have a much greater impact than Peterson would.

While none of us expect Fitz to become a Probowl QB, very few on this board would rather draft a QB than a DL or LB at #3.

The Bills have a good set of WR's if they had a good QB like Brees they would be the talk of the league.
I take an objective view when it comes to the draft. That said, I stand by my statement that Peterson is the best player in the draft, and I have not once seen anyone with a brain rank Miller higher than him.

Here is how I see it:

Peterson can shut down one side of the field. He can shut down any WR in the league. He has the build of a SS with the athleticism of a 170 lb CB. That allows you to blitz extra players to pressure the QB. Why do you think that Rex Ryan can send 6-7 guys every other play? Revis allows him to do that. Peterson can offer you the same thing, so why pass? There is way more depth at the DE/OLB hybrid position in this draft than there is CB depth. There are about 3-4 very good CBs. If you don't get one in round 1, you aren't getting one. Besides, you guys haven't even seen what Merriman can do yet, and didn't yall draft a rookie OLB last year relatively high?

With regards to Fitz, it doesn't matter who his recievers are. You guys have a horrible OLine. When we won our SB, our OLine was rated #1 in the league. It doesn't matter who the QB is throwing to if he doesn't have any time.

P.S. - You can get OLine talent in the later rounds. Jermon Bushrod and Jahri Evans were both 4th round picks. Carl Nicks was a 5th round pick. They are all starting for us, and they all started last year when we won the SB.

Another side note - Did you know that during the Patriots SB run where they won 3 in 4 seasons - during that stretch they never drafted a single LB before the 5th round? Same thing with the Saints. We don't draft LBs before the 1st 3 rounds. That goes to show you that LBs are way less valuable than other key positions such as DL and CB. Any GM in the league takes PP over Miller 10/10 times.

DraftBoy
04-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Taylor would play LDE in your system... I don't get where he "can't kick outside." He is way more nimble than you think he is, and he is actually great at pushing the pocket. He is being considered as a 4-3 3tech as well which shows you his athletecism.

Taylor is great value here. He dropped, and he was the best player on the board. He is a gamechanger up front, and nobody will be able to run on Taylor and K. Williams. Merriman and KJ Wright are your pass rush guys.

No he's not more nimble than I think, he's lacks much lateral agility, doesnt do a good job of washing down the line consistently and routinely on tape shows no effort in pursuit. That's not nimble in any definition, he has a good first step when he uses it properly and can get over the line in a hurry. But he's still a big strong interior guy who is going to take up space. That's what he does best, putting him in the 3 tech is a huge risk that I wouldnt advise anybody to do. He's a strict Zero Tech NT in a 3-4 system, and he's not even the best at that position in this draft. I wouldn't call Taylor a game changer. He never was on at Baylor so its a huge leap to assume he'll suddenly become one in the NFL.

Gabbert went #1 overall, and Dareus went 2nd.
Make sense, thanks.

Actually, Barksdale is far more of a LT than a RT. I would go as far as to say he is too soft to play RT. He has the ability to develop into a top 5-8 LT in this league. To get him in the 3rd was a great steal.

He was projected in the late 1st round 2 years ago before he got injured. He is 100% though, and he even finished his senior year. He is a force on the left side and can thrive in both the passing and running game.
Heavy footed, lacks an effective and consistent punch and just isnt all that mean. I dont want to call him soft but he struggles against power rush moves. He doesnt set his feet well off his kick and can get off balance in a hurry. He's one of the more technically skilled OT's in this draft, but he lacks the athleticism to play the left side. He needs to get stronger, and stouter in his pass blocking, and get more aggressive in run blocking. He's a good solid NFL starter, but he's not a franchise LT to me.

My thoughts are in bold.

better days
04-01-2011, 08:52 AM
I take an objective view when it comes to the draft. That said, I stand by my statement that Peterson is the best player in the draft, and I have not once seen anyone with a brain rank Miller higher than him.

Here is how I see it:

Peterson can shut down one side of the field. He can shut down any WR in the league. He has the build of a SS with the athleticism of a 170 lb CB. That allows you to blitz extra players to pressure the QB. Why do you think that Rex Ryan can send 6-7 guys every other play? Revis allows him to do that. Peterson can offer you the same thing, so why pass? There is way more depth at the DE/OLB hybrid position in this draft than there is CB depth. There are about 3-4 very good CBs. If you don't get one in round 1, you aren't getting one. Besides, you guys haven't even seen what Merriman can do yet, and didn't yall draft a rookie OLB last year relatively high?

With regards to Fitz, it doesn't matter who his recievers are. You guys have a horrible OLine. When we won our SB, our OLine was rated #1 in the league. It doesn't matter who the QB is throwing to if he doesn't have any time.

P.S. - You can get OLine talent in the later rounds. Jermon Bushrod and Jahri Evans were both 4th round picks. Carl Nicks was a 5th round pick. They are all starting for us, and they all started last year when we won the SB.

Another side note - Did you know that during the Patriots SB run where they won 3 in 4 seasons - during that stretch they never drafted a single LB before the 5th round? Same thing with the Saints. We don't draft LBs before the 1st 3 rounds. That goes to show you that LBs are way less valuable than other key positions such as DL and CB. Any GM in the league takes PP over Miller 10/10 times.

Peterson can only make an impact on 10 to 12 plays a game no matter how good he is as a CB. A DL or LB can impact every play.

The Bills are not desperate for DB help like they need help in the front 7. We can live with who we have at DB, not so front 7.

The Bills need an OT but the OL should be better than last year because of injury there last year. I agree one can be had in the later rnds.

The Pats* also have a 6th rnd QB while the Saints have a 2nd rnd QB. If the Bills are lucky they could possibly find a QB in the 2nd that is very good but I doubt anyone will draft another Brady in the 6th in my lifetime.