PDA

View Full Version : Mock 2.0

tampabay25690
03-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Well here is my Buffalo 5 round mock as of 4 weeks prior..........

1. CAM NEWTON, QB AUBURN---OK before the negative posting on this I want to say why.........We all know this team has been a mess and the laughing stock nation wide. Fitz did a great job last year. But what do you think it would be like to have Cam Newton run this offense....I think it will be hard for the Bills to pass up a front 7 guy on defense but his team needs more then just 1 player....I like the direction of the franchise.....

2. PHIL TAYLOR, DT Baylor---We need to stop the run and he would be a great fit with Kyle Williams and Torell Troup....

3. ALLEN BAILEY, DE Miami---Well we need more help on the DL.

4. LUKE STOCKER, TE Tenn---Worked with the Bills coaches at the SR bowl. We have been missing a TE for years now.

4. KELVIN SHEPPERD, ILB LSU---Was a workhorse at LSU and the leader of the defense. No secret we need LB help and would be a great fit at ILB with Poz and Andra Davis.

Mahdi
03-30-2011, 10:41 PM

1. CAM NEWTON, QB AUBURN---OK before the negative posting on this I want to say why.........We all know this team has been a mess and the laughing stock nation wide. Fitz did a great job last year. But what do you think it would be like to have Cam Newton run this offense....I think it will be hard for the Bills to pass up a front 7 guy on defense but his team needs more then just 1 player....I like the direction of the franchise.....

2. PHIL TAYLOR, DT Baylor---We need to stop the run and he would be a great fit with Kyle Williams and Torell Troup....

4. LUKE STOCKER, TE Tenn---Worked with the Bills coaches at the SR bowl. We have been missing a TE for years now.

4. KELVIN SHEPPERD, ILB LSU---Was a workhorse at LSU and the leader of the defense. No secret we need LB help and would be a great fit at ILB with Poz and Andra Davis.
I would be happy with it.

Newton is my #1 choice for us.

Taylor gives us a lot of power up front.

Bailey can be a solid DE

Stocker is a guy I like.

Shep is a need inside.

psubills62
03-30-2011, 10:55 PM
I like the 4th round picks...but nothing else to be honest. I know you like Cam, but I just don't think he's a good pick at #3, even if you like him. Too much of a boom/bust guy, which I'm sick of. Even if Dareus is gone, I'd rather take a guy I know will be a starter who also has a decent ceiling.

I guess I wouldn't mind Taylor, but I don't see the Bills taking him. I think they're happy with the middle (justifiably? probably not), and will focus more on the edges.

I'm generally not a fan of Bailey. Would love to get Stocker in the 4th as well as Sheppard though.

I know you'd love it if we went 80% SEC haha.

X-Era
03-31-2011, 05:41 AM

4. KELVIN SHEPPERD, ILB LSU---Was a workhorse at LSU and the leader of the defense. No secret we need LB help and would be a great fit at ILB with Poz and Andra Davis.Love that draft! I think Taylor may very well go that high and that Bailey is underrated. Stocker has been on the rise post season. I'm not a big fan of Sheppard but in the 4th that's not bad value.

elltrain22
03-31-2011, 05:49 AM
I'm open to it. Not my 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd choice, but Newton, in any offense, has infinite possibilities. The only thing that I fear w/ drafting Newton is I really don't see him embracing this city which consequently will end up w/ him leaving for some warm weather place right in the prime of his career.

DraftBoy
03-31-2011, 07:18 AM
I dont get Taylor, you have a NT in Troup who works hard, and now you take take Taylor who is known to get lazy, isnt always well conditioned and is basically riding a wave of being large and working hard for one week at the senior bowl. You watch Baylor games and he diseappears for long stretches.

You want to take a NT take Kenrick Ellis from Hampton he can play the nose and the athleticism to kick outside to the 5 tech as well. Hell he even played some LB for Hampton too.

tampabay25690
03-31-2011, 07:21 AM
I like the 4th round picks...but nothing else to be honest. I know you like Cam, but I just don't think he's a good pick at #3, even if you like him. Too much of a boom/bust guy, which I'm sick of. Even if Dareus is gone, I'd rather take a guy I know will be a starter who also has a decent ceiling.

I guess I wouldn't mind Taylor, but I don't see the Bills taking him. I think they're happy with the middle (justifiably? probably not), and will focus more on the edges.

I'm generally not a fan of Bailey. Would love to get Stocker in the 4th as well as Sheppard though.

I know you'd love it if we went 80% SEC haha.

PSU.
no problem...
The thing I see about CAM is the upside.....
I like Taylor alot would be a nice rotation especially if we run a 4-3/3-4 defense......
Didn't even realize the SEC thing but hey the SEC is dominating draft boards anyway. You get talent that plays against the Best.....

tampabay25690
03-31-2011, 07:31 AM
Love that draft! I think Taylor may very well go that high and that Bailey is underrated. Stocker has been on the rise post season. I'm not a big fan of Sheppard but in the 4th that's not bad value.

Thanks
I like Stocker alot....
Can do alot of good things....

I think if we do get Cam or Blaine there is enough Defense depth to help this team...
I think 4-5 QB's go in the 1st round now, so if the Bills don't grab there guy at #3 they may be SOL......

tampabay25690
03-31-2011, 07:34 AM
I dont get Taylor, you have a NT in Troup who works hard, and now you take take Taylor who is known to get lazy, isnt always well conditioned and is basically riding a wave of being large and working hard for one week at the senior bowl. You watch Baylor games and he diseappears for long stretches.

You want to take a NT take Kenrick Ellis from Hampton he can play the nose and the athleticism to kick outside to the 5 tech as well. Hell he even played some LB for Hampton too.

DB
I kicked around the idea that Wilkerson may be around but I think he goes late in the 1st round though....
I still think this team goes 50% 4-3....
If thats the case Troup and Williams will ned some help in rotation.....
I like Ellis alot and he was another guy that I thought of there.......

X-Era
03-31-2011, 04:14 PM

You want to take a NT take Kenrick Ellis from Hampton he can play the nose and the athleticism to kick outside to the 5 tech as well. Hell he even played some LB for Hampton too.Taylor did just that, you are absolutely right about that. I do feel that later on in the year and certainly in the post season he has kicked up his consistency as far as intensity goes. But yes, IMO, his intensity should be questioned. His size, strength, and Senior Bowl may move him to early 2nd consideration. It's a critical position for a 3-4 team and there just aren't a lot for guys that big.

But on the comment about Troup, I also agree on that. We have a pro-bowl DT in Kyle Williams, our top free agent last year in Dwan Edwards, a 2nd round pick in Troup and 3rd round pick in Carrington. Yes, we need the best DL we can put out there. But, it's not like we haven't addressed this at all. Yes, we need rotational guys and that's where this draft may come in. But, with the depth in this draft at DL it could potentially wait.

X-Era
03-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks
I like Stocker alot....
Can do alot of good things....

I think if we do get Cam or Blaine there is enough Defense depth to help this team...
I think 4-5 QB's go in the 1st round now, so if the Bills don't grab there guy at #3 they may be SOL......I'm working through my rankings as we speak.

I see 2 (Newton, Gabbert), possibly 3 (Kaepernick) QB's in the 1'st with 2 or 3 going in the 2nd (Ponder, Locker, maybe Mallett). I think we see 4 to 6 QB's gone by round 3.

On DT, I see 4 going in the 1st (Dareus, Fairley, Wilkerson, Liuget) and 6 DE's going in round 1 (Jordan, Watts, Clayborn, Quinn, Bowers, Kerrigan). I said DE's but guys like Quinn and possibly Kerrigan may move to OLB in a 3-4.

That still leaves DT's like Jurrell Casey, Phil Taylor, and Stephen Paea and DE's like Cameron Heyward and Allen Bailey for possible 2nd round consideration although either may drop to the 3rd.

And, it's of course possible that one or a few guys I put in the 1st drop to round 2.

On TE, I'm a huge DJ Williams fan... I like the receiving type a bit more than the blocking type which I think may be a bit easier to find. Kenricks, Williams, and Rudolph are my favorites.

tampabay25690
03-31-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm working through my rankings as we speak.

I see 2 (Newton, Gabbert), possibly 3 (Kaepernick) QB's in the 1'st with 2 or 3 going in the 2nd (Ponder, Locker, maybe Mallett). I think we see 4 to 6 QB's gone by round 3.

On DT, I see 4 going in the 1st (Dareus, Fairley, Wilkerson, Liuget) and 6 DE's going in round 1 (Jordan, Watts, Clayborn, Quinn, Bowers, Kerrigan). I said DE's but guys like Quinn and possibly Kerrigan may move to OLB in a 3-4.

That still leaves DT's like Jurrell Casey, Phil Taylor, and Stephen Paea and DE's like Cameron Heyward and Allen Bailey for possible 2nd round consideration although either may drop to the 3rd.

And, it's of course possible that one or a few guys I put in the 1st drop to round 2.

On TE, I'm a huge DJ Williams fan... I like the receiving type a bit more than the blocking type which I think may be a bit easier to find. Kenricks, Williams, and Rudolph are my favorites.

I will be honest I think Jake Locker is a better prospect then Blaine Gabbert....
Locker and Ponder I think are gone in the 1st round.....
Maybe Mallet as well.....

better days
04-01-2011, 09:19 AM
I think where Newton goes in the draft depends on how his interviews went. If Pro Football weekly is correct he will take a Claussen like tumble, but who knows.

SABURZFAN
04-02-2011, 12:25 PM

i don't like it. Newton is a camera-hound and i've read somewhere that Taylor is lazy.

tampabay25690
04-02-2011, 02:59 PM
i don't like it. Newton is a camera-hound and i've read somewhere that Taylor is lazy.

Warren Sapp was lazy too.
He worked out ok...