PDA

View Full Version : The king is down play last night

trapezeus
03-31-2011, 09:24 AM
When Lundqvist was down, didn't you think that was BS that the call was blown dead without the Rangers having full control of the puck? I still didn't see what happened. did the puck catch him in the gonads?no one slashed him. Most plays where a player is hurt, the whistle waits until the play moves out of the end or the same team touches.

i thought it was garbage. anyone else care, or do we only care that we won?

The King
03-31-2011, 09:29 AM
Seems like a goalie will always get that call. Happened to the Bruins a few weeks ago when the goalies mask strap broke.

It's not a rule that is exploited IMO. SO I have no problem with it.

trapezeus
03-31-2011, 11:02 AM
i get a helmet coming off. that's dangerous. but a "oh, i think i hurt something, no wait, i'm good." is really frustrating.

The sabres had 3-4 quality shots, had totally outhustled the rangers on that shift. the rangers were left for dead. it was one of those moments where you knew a goal was coming.

Maybe a rule change is needed. if you do that, the icing rules apply. no changes for the injured team except for that player. and even if that player is ok, he's got to come off the ice until the next whistle.

you are right, it hasnt' been abused, but why leave it as a loophole.

The King
03-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Its the same principal though. To protect players from injuries. If a player is hurt, he cant protect himself.

OpIv37
03-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Its the same principal though. To protect players from injuries. If a player is hurt, he cant protect himself.

Fair enough, but why should one team be penalized because the other team suffered an injury? Clearly, the Sabres didn't hurt Lundqvist- the replay clearly shows only a little bit of routine contact, and if one of the Sabres had done something, I'm sure the Rangers would have stood up for their keeper.

I agree with trap- stop play, get the injured player off the ice, but don't allow anyone except the injured player to get a change.

JD
03-31-2011, 05:38 PM
When Lundqvist was down, didn't you think that was BS that the call was blown dead without the Rangers having full control of the puck? I still didn't see what happened. did the puck catch him in the gonads?no one slashed him. Most plays where a player is hurt, the whistle waits until the play moves out of the end or the same team touches.

i thought it was garbage. anyone else care, or do we only care that we won?

We were pouring on the pressure. He faked the injury and everyone in the arena let into him because of it.. total bull****.

G Wolly
03-31-2011, 06:19 PM
He faked the injury and everyone in the arena let into him because of it.. total bull****.

You can have an injury without being hit or run into.

trapezeus
03-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Even if he didnt fake it, it's crazy to stop play unless they have possession. I get it if a helmet came off. That's an injury waiting to happen, but his injury was not out of the ordinary.

JD
04-01-2011, 12:13 AM
You can have an injury without being hit or run into.

Thanks for the heads up. If you watched closely, he favored one leg.. and then the other. (disclaimer: i was about 5 jack and cokes deep so i could be wrong)

chernobylwraiths
04-01-2011, 05:37 AM
They almost ALWAYS stop play if the goalie is hurt. They have done it several times when Miller got dinged. If the goalie goes down, it creates too much of a disadvantage. It happens, it sucks, deal with it. Plus, I think replays showed he got hit in the knee or upper thigh with the puck where there was no padding. They talked about him possibly missing the Islanders game last night because of it.

G Wolly
04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
(disclaimer: i was about 5 jack and cokes deep so i could be wrong)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oECIKVaz5rc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyways

It looked to me like he stretched out to get into position to make a save and must have strained a muscle or got a cramp.

So he went down and then once he got up tried to skate it off, while favoring the right leg, leaning to that side.

trapezeus
04-03-2011, 07:20 PM
So Enroth loses his helmet but nothing! Point proven. Sabres get jobbed all the time.

JD
04-03-2011, 08:43 PM
So Enroth loses his helmet but nothing! Point proven. Sabres get jobbed all the time.
6 penalties against.

80% were phantom calls.

:puh:

Over @ HF they were talking about how Carolina, at home, has had the highest calls for/against ratio in the league EVERY YEAR since the lock out.

Uncle Gary pushing to make hockey viable in the south? :refuse:

JD
04-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Btw... this referee was in for the Carolina game:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g2qbzl9R2_g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:rofl:

I wonder what the penalty ratio was in that one!? Desperate times calls for desperate measures!! :lol: