PDA

View Full Version : Sabreszone: 50k-zb contest, The OpIvrantalike!

Bufftp
03-31-2011, 04:53 PM
After every Sabres victory during the remainder of the regular season, you may post in this thread your best imitation of a OpIv37 like rant. A secret panel of judges will pick the best one and the winner will receive 50k zonebunks.

Get your curmudgeon on!

SabreEleven
03-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Is Op eligible?

SabreEleven
03-31-2011, 05:18 PM
After every Sabres victory during the remainder of the regular season, you may post in this thread your best imitation of a OpIv37 like rant. A secret panel of judges will pick the best one and the winner will receive 50k zonebunks.

Get your curmudgeon on!

Well, this contest is a dud from the word go because the Sabres are never good enough to win a hockey game EVER again and if they do it's because the other team missed the team flight.

Bufftp
03-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Well, this contest is a dud from the word go because the Sabres are never good enough to win a hockey game EVER again and if they do it's because the other team missed the team flight.
Yes, even Op can be out Oped.

G Wolly
03-31-2011, 05:28 PM
My first OP like rant, use some hyphens in your title. I had no idea wtf i was reading.

OpIv37
03-31-2011, 10:37 PM
Yes, even Op can be out Oped.

oh I don't know about that. The original is always best.

But, it will be entertaining to see you guys try.

JD
04-01-2011, 12:14 AM
oh I don't know about that. The original is always best.

But, it will be entertaining to see you guys try.

Wrong. Terminator 2 :awm:

Bufftp
04-02-2011, 05:55 PM
That is completely unacceptable that you can't even read directions. Now you want somebody to come in and fix it for you.

As a veteran poster, you should be able to read what is required of you. Now you think that somebody else comes in and cleans up your mess. This is in no way acceptable. You might think that we should all settle for you mediocrity and praise you for wanting it fixed, but if you had not screwed up in the first place we would not need to fix it.

JD
04-02-2011, 09:00 PM
What an absolutely ****ing pathetic game tonight. Gerbe was useless. Enroth looked like ****, FIVE GOALS! We come back to tie it to the capitals and lose it in overtime. Now I have to listen to the ****ing bandwagon capitals fans about how we lost. I can't imagine how pissed of I'd be if I had watched the game. **** this team. If you think we're making the playoffs, guess again! Canes win tonight and they'll win tomorrow TOO!

G Wolly
04-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Read the rules.

Bufftp
04-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Read the rules.
actually it counts, Opv doesn't read posting rules.....

tampabay25690
04-03-2011, 01:25 PM
sad there is a contest on 1 of the most negative people on the board..

SpillerThrills
04-03-2011, 06:40 PM
"even though they won, they didn't deserve it. you can not take that many penalties in a game. if they had been playing a better team they would have been blown out. Enroth, looked shaky and should never have let that goal go in, even an average goalie should have stopped that. I don't care if they are in 7th place now, there is no way they make the playoffs if they continue to play like this."

that's the best I've got right now!

TMu11
04-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Penalties are going to kill this team. We cant keep our sticks on the ice or helmets on Sekera or Enroth. We played like crap and deserve to lose out the remaining games. If the Canes knew how to shoot, they could have hit a wide open net all game. Luckily, Ward was tired and let in some ridiculous goals. F*** this team

chernobylwraiths
04-04-2011, 05:49 AM
What a pathetic effort. The most important game of the season against the only team with the real ability to knock them out of the playoff race and they can't even finish them off in regulation. They just gave ANOTHER point away like they did the night before against Washington. They were lucky that Enroth pulled his head out of his ass tonight. Even the goal could have been avoided, but Sekera looked like a five year old flailing uselessly as the puck went right by his glove when he tried to knock it out of the air. If Sekera didn't skate as well as he does, he would be completely useless.

Don't get me started on our scoring stars. No goals again by our top three goal scorers. We one won by getting goals (and a flukey overtime goal that should never have gone in) by two defensemen that had a grand total of zero goals before this game this year. And it was the only saving grace for a defense that looked like a Chinese fire drill back there. How many wide open chances was Carolina going to get? It was a good thing that their offensive players looked as inept at scoring as our guys did by shooting the puck right into Enroth.

We barely beat a team that isn't even in the playoffs right now, we don't deserve to be in 7th place. The offense looked inept, they took senseless penalties, they were falling down all over the ice, and the defense was it's own worst enemy again. They were lucky to get two points. Thank God I only was able to watch the third period and overtime. I think I would have had a coronary if I had to watch the entire crapfest that I'm sure it was.

MikeInRoch
04-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Wow. That one intimidates me to the point of not wanting to bother trying one. Great job!

Beebe's Kid
04-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Go ahead and laugh it up, cal me negative, whatever all of you blind homers need to do. I am just not content to settle for mediocrity, and will not subdue to homerism, when it is clear that this team won't make it out of the first round.

I didn't think they they were going to get it in, but I didn't think that every team we played would take an off-day against the Sabres either. The combination of teams' back-up goalies, and timely injuries left us playing, what amounted to, minor league hockey teams.

The problem is all of you are falling in love with the mediocrity, and I have a feeling that Pegula will too. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. We'll extend Stafford, and probably re-up Timmy. They'll make all the sentimental moves because Buffalo has a history of falling in love, and accepting, mediocrity.

I don't feel that wanting a championship for my team and failing to settle for their falling miserably short of that goal make me not a fan, but rather a better fan. I know what I would do to make this team better, I would keep Enroth, Myers, and maybe Ennis if he stopped being like Max, and that's it. Gut the team start over. That won't happen as long as the fans keep buying the product, and supporting middle of the road.

I have done my part by offering a critical analysis, and maintaining that I don't like any player on this team, because they aren't talented enough to be on the 3rd line in other cities. I complain about everything all of the time, and don't allow myself to get sucked into the playoff run, and I get attacked. I don't want to be the 8th seed. Sneaking into the Playoffs is not acceptable, to me.

I have done my part. In addition to my critical analysis, I also don't watch the games, so I know that I am not pissing my money down the drain.

OpIv37
04-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I have done my part. In addition to my critical analysis, I also don't watch the games, so I know that I am not pissing my money down the drain.

just a correction- I do watch the games, at least most of them. I just didn't watch that particular game because I couldn't find a good stream.

OpIv37
04-04-2011, 09:17 AM
What a pathetic effort. The most important game of the season against the only team with the real ability to knock them out of the playoff race and they can't even finish them off in regulation. They just gave ANOTHER point away like they did the night before against Washington. They were lucky that Enroth pulled his head out of his ass tonight. Even the goal could have been avoided, but Sekera looked like a five year old flailing uselessly as the puck went right by his glove when he tried to knock it out of the air. If Sekera didn't skate as well as he does, he would be completely useless.

Don't get me started on our scoring stars. No goals again by our top three goal scorers. We one won by getting goals (and a flukey overtime goal that should never have gone in) by two defensemen that had a grand total of zero goals before this game this year. And it was the only saving grace for a defense that looked like a Chinese fire drill back there. How many wide open chances was Carolina going to get? It was a good thing that their offensive players looked as inept at scoring as our guys did by shooting the puck right into Enroth.

We barely beat a team that isn't even in the playoffs right now, we don't deserve to be in 7th place. The offense looked inept, they took senseless penalties, they were falling down all over the ice, and the defense was it's own worst enemy again. They were lucky to get two points. Thank God I only was able to watch the third period and overtime. I think I would have had a coronary if I had to watch the entire crapfest that I'm sure it was.

This is actually very close to what I was going to say after the game, but I didn't bother because I know you guys don't want to hear it and I don't have time to get in a big argument today or tomorrow because we have a deadline on Wed.

Bufftp
04-04-2011, 11:04 AM
sad there is a contest on 1 of the most negative people on the board..
or combating negativity with satirical humor. Actually after reading some of the entries, it highlights how easy it is to be a negative nelly, and just how ridiculousit is. :D

JD
04-04-2011, 11:42 PM
This is actually very close to what I was going to say after the game, but I didn't bother because I know you guys don't want to hear it and I don't have time to get in a big argument today or tomorrow because we have a deadline on Wed.
So do you post in another forum now? Some guy had an epic Op-like rant on Facebook.. is your real name Steve?

chernobylwraiths
04-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Since he can't post. I will try to take over for Op for the playoffs!