PDA

View Full Version : Do you want us to draft Cam Newton at #3?

Bill Cody
04-01-2011, 10:19 AM
yes or no

better days
04-01-2011, 11:32 AM
I think everyone knows where I stand- NO.

Bangarang
04-01-2011, 11:35 AM
No.

EricStratton
04-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Because I haven't worked him out or been in the interviews or spoken to his high school and college coaches and studied game films from the perspective of a scout I can't say either way.

Assuming the Bills staff has done those things if they still pull the trigger I'll be ok with it.

psubills62
04-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Nope, not a chance.

Jeff1220
04-01-2011, 12:25 PM
I can't really say yes or no because my answer is contingent upon how he turns out in the future, and I'm no soothsayer.

tampabay25690
04-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes and NO......
If the Bills draft him they did there homework.......

Hey Chan and Buddy are putting there careers on the pick as well especially if its Cam Newton....

justasportsfan
04-01-2011, 02:36 PM
No.

Mahdi
04-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Big, fast, strong, big arm, accurate, playmaker, leader.

Is there a risk? sure. But those characteristics help to reduce those risks greatly.

Draft him.

justasportsfan
04-01-2011, 03:54 PM

Is there a risk? sure. But those characteristics help to reduce those risks greatly.

Draft him.All those characteristics mean nothing when someones has bad character which is his biggest questionmark. Not even Peyton called himself an Icon.

Based on whats been stated, even leadership is in question. Add that to the rest you have Russell.

JCBills
04-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Please no.

Mahdi
04-01-2011, 04:20 PM
All those characteristics mean nothing when someones has bad character which is his biggest questionmark. Not even Peyton called himself an Icon.

Based on whats been stated, even leadership is in question. Add that to the rest you have Russell.
I really have no problem with the icon comment.

He didn't say HE IS an icon he said he wants to become an icon in the NFL.

I don't see the problem with that seeing as how you have to be a dang good player to be an icon. So really, what he is saying is, I want to be a star in the NFL and be an icon.

You have an issue with that?

Ask 10 draftees if they want to become NFL icons and all 10 will say yes.

stuckincincy
04-01-2011, 04:20 PM

Draft him.

Is he the latest version of a one-year wonder like Akili Smith?

It would be a big dice roll...

Mahdi
04-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Is he the latest version of a one-year wonder like Akili Smith?

It would be a big dice roll...
Akili Smith had a comp % of 58 as his highest in college.

His best total rushing was 184 yards.

Not comparable to Newton who had over 50 total TDs and over 1000 yards on the ground.

mikemac2001
04-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't want him

but bottom line have to follow your thoughts below

if we draft him atleast we know they looked at a lot of players and based it off of that.

Because I haven't worked him out or been in the interviews or spoken to his high school and college coaches and studied game films from the perspective of a scout I can't say either way.

Assuming the Bills staff has done those things if they still pull the trigger I'll be ok with it.

mikemac2001
04-01-2011, 04:41 PM

Not comparable to Newton who had over 50 total TDs and over 1000 yards on the ground.

there both black ;)

Mr. Miyagi
04-01-2011, 05:29 PM
It's not a no.

It's a HELL NO.

baalworship
04-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I am all for it. The Atlanta Falcons took a risk drafting Matt Ryan, who many said was not a franchise QB the year he came out. The St Louis Rams took a risk drafting Sam Bradford who had questions about durability. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers took a chance on a raw quarterback named Josh Freeman.

I am all for the Bills taking a shot at getting a quarterback. I never understand those who claim we can get a franchise quarterback with no risk. Those prospects come along once every decade or so and go first overall. This is out highest pick since 1985.

better days
04-01-2011, 10:54 PM

I thought we wanted a QB not a RB.

kelly2reed4six
04-01-2011, 11:38 PM
yes or no

Hey...just wanted to let you know that you made a mistake with the poll choices....there's no" F NO" option!

djjimkelly
04-01-2011, 11:50 PM
not a chance in hell do i want this guy on the buffalo bills

IMO it would be the final nail in the coffin in ruining this franchise

BigZ
04-02-2011, 07:46 AM
I voted no. I'd much rather go defense and grab a QB with the second pick if Locker, Ponder or Kaepernick is available then.

Michael82
04-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Not just no....Hell No!

SABURZFAN
04-02-2011, 11:40 AM
yes or no

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YardRat
04-02-2011, 11:54 AM
No, no...a thousand times NO!

Cleve
04-02-2011, 12:49 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!

But I'm worried - Wilson seems to gravitate towards "quick fixes" that end up not fixing anything.

djjimkelly
04-03-2011, 11:13 AM
i wish this poll was public so we can minorly lol ridicule those who want newton

The Jokeman
04-04-2011, 07:47 AM
What part of no don't you understand?

Figster
04-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Newton runs away with vote/ Chris brown http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/04/04/newton-runs-away-with-vote/

Newton way ahead of Gabbert/ Chris brown http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/04/01/newton-way-ahead-of-gabbert/

Most of you have already seen these bigger polls, but for one I find it interesting the majority of posters on this forum seems to ignore the fact that Buffalo need to address the QB position properly, and two, how different the polls are here in comparison to much bigger polls.

If Cam Newtons available, Buddy Nix will draft him in my opinion...

Philagape
04-04-2011, 12:39 PM
the majority of posters on this forum seems to ignore the fact that Buffalo need to address the QB position properly, and two, how different the polls are here in comparison to much bigger polls.

That is exactly why I don't want Newton.

Figster
04-04-2011, 12:55 PM
That is exactly why I don't want Newton.

Might be a majority opinion here on the zone, but its not the opinion of our GM or HC from what I can tell, or anywhere else from what I've seen and heard.

When I first started bringing up Cam on sports forums, most folks replied Cam Newton wasn't even a 1st rounder, now its very possible he will go 1st overall in the 2011 draft.

Time will tell...

better days
04-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Newton runs away with vote/ Chris brown http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/04/04/newton-runs-away-with-vote/

Newton way ahead of Gabbert/ Chris brown http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/04/01/newton-way-ahead-of-gabbert/

Most of you have already seen these bigger polls, but for one I find it interesting the majority of posters on this forum seems to ignore the fact that Buffalo need to address the QB position properly, and two, how different the polls are here in comparison to much bigger polls.

Who is voting on the "bigger" polls? My guess is fans from other teams that want the Bills to draft Cam so the Bills will suck for another decade.

Figster
04-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Who is voting on the "bigger" polls? My guess is fans from other teams that want the Bills to draft Cam so the Bills will suck for another decade.

Seriously? better days do you honestly think fans from other teams will take the time to vote on a poll that doesn't have anything to do with them?

Whats the motive, because I highly doubt GM's give poll results any thought whatsoever.

better days
04-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Seriously? better days do you honestly think fans from other teams will take the time to vote on a poll that doesn't have anything to do with them?

Whats the motive, because I highly doubt GM's give poll results any thought whatsoever.

What is the motive for fans from other teams to come on this board? I would guess to rub our faces in it. Of course no GM gives any thought to polls.

Speaking of GM's Nix has said he does not like one year wonders so I doubt he really likes Newton.

Figster
04-04-2011, 01:13 PM
What is the motive for fans from other teams to come on this board? I would guess to rub our faces in it. Of course no GM gives any thought to polls.

Speaking of GM's Nix has said he does not like one year wonders so I doubt he really likes Newton.I respectfully disagree, and as I said, time will tell

better days
04-04-2011, 01:17 PM
I respectfully disagree, and as I said, time will tell

Agreed time will tell. As a fan of both the Bills & Bucs, I would love to see Cam go #1 to the Panthers.

Ed
04-04-2011, 02:10 PM
I voted no because I would rather have Dareus or Peterson, but I would still be excited if we got Newton and would hope for the best. I trust Nix and Gailey more than I would trust myself.

feldspar
04-04-2011, 02:27 PM

As far as I understand these polls, they are talking about which QB fans would rather have given the choice of all QBs. It is NOT an indication of who fans want to pick third overall. There is a poll on every position, I think. In other words, if there is a poll on punters, that doesn't mean that the people that voted on the poll think that we should pick that punter in the first round.

BTW, I didn't vote on that poll.

Billz_fan
04-04-2011, 02:30 PM
No

Figster
04-04-2011, 03:48 PM
As far as I understand these polls, they are talking about which QB fans would rather have given the choice of all QBs. It is NOT an indication of who fans want to pick third overall. There is a poll on every position, I think. In other words, if there is a poll on punters, that doesn't mean that the people that voted on the poll think that we should pick that punter in the first round.

BTW, I didn't vote on that poll.

On the M & T bank poll its all players regardless of position even though Chris Brown does compare Newton to Gabbert.

Cam Newton leads the poll at 24% (or did) What bothers me though is I signed up and voted and I can't get a look at the current poll results.

can anyone assist me with this?

Extremebillsfan247
04-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Do I want the Bills to draft him? No. But, I wouldn't be upset by it either.

Novacane
04-04-2011, 05:39 PM
3 to 1 against. Smart Bills fans :up:

Figster
04-04-2011, 07:14 PM

Note: Calling these polls bigger is a mistake on my part (although they might be) but I shouldn't describe something when I've never actually seen the polls/numbers.

Figster
04-04-2011, 07:21 PM
3 to 1 against. Smart Bills fans :up:

Resembles BB.com poll numbers when voting defensive player vs offensive player.

58% Defense

25% Offense

1% trade up

16% trade down

178 voters to date, (just keeping it real)

better days
04-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Resembles BB.com poll numbers when voting defensive player vs offensive player.

58% Defense

25% Offense

1% trade up

16% trade down

178 voters to date, (just keeping it real)

If I were to vote in that poll, my vote would be defense & trade down.

Figster
04-04-2011, 07:36 PM
If I were to vote in that poll, my vote would be defense & trade down.

Also better days after thinking about it, Chris Browns comments that Cam Newton leads the votes individually at 24% can be misleading. The other 76% of the votes are just more spread out over different players.

So in reality for Chris Brown to say that the Bills fans are still of the belief that Cam Newton will be Buffalo’s pick at third overall in the 2011 NFL draft is not correct in my opinion. He would have to have over 50% individually for that to be true. The percentages when pitting Cam against everyone else on the M & T Bank poll (24%) are almost identical to the percentages here on the zone.(26%)

Fan favorite would be a better, more accurate description

Vampire Baby
04-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Nemton is a stinker please take him!:loser: