PDA

View Full Version : PFW's Nolan Nawrocki on Newton/Russell

DraftBoy
04-01-2011, 11:41 AM
You've all seen or heard by now about what Nawrocki wrote about Cam Newton in the annual PFW Draft Guide;

“Very disingenuous — has a fake smile; comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup; Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law; Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness; Not dependable.”

So the Boston Herald went digging to see what Nawrocki wrote about another controversial top QB in Jamarcus Russell;
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/04/01/what-does-pfws-nolan-nawrocki-know-about-qbs-lets-check-his-jamarcus-russell-scouting-report/

I said it then and Ill say it now, I find waht Nawrocki wrote be a hack piece. He inserted personal opinion on things not football related in what should of been based on analytical evaluation. That's not to say Nawrocki is stupid or wrong, just to say I dont agree with his tact in regard to his Newton critique.

better days
04-01-2011, 12:09 PM
You've all seen or heard by now about what Nawrocki wrote about Cam Newton in the annual PFW Draft Guide;

So the Boston Herald went digging to see what Nawrocki wrote about another controversial top QB in Jamarcus Russell;
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/04/01/what-does-pfws-nolan-nawrocki-know-about-qbs-lets-check-his-jamarcus-russell-scouting-report/

I said it then and Ill say it now, I find waht Nawrocki wrote be a hack piece. He inserted personal opinion on things not football related in what should of been based on analytical evaluation. That's not to say Nawrocki is stupid or wrong, just to say I dont agree with his tact in regard to his Newton critique.

Looks like his evaluation was spot on about Russell. Time will tell about Newton but Nawrocki said he got that info from NFL personal men & since the flap over it he said he was told he hit the nail on the head by some GM's.

I just read on Profootball talk.com that many are predicting Newton to go #1 to Carolina, so who knows at this time of year it is Texas holdem.

justasportsfan
04-01-2011, 12:23 PM
On BB.com , Newton addressed himself as "the Cam" in one sentence. Aside from calling himself an ICon , that worries me.

Jeff1220
04-01-2011, 12:28 PM
On BB.com , Newton addressed himself as "the Cam" in one sentence. Aside from calling himself an ICon , that worries me.
I wonder if he hangs out with Jimmy.

mayotm
04-01-2011, 12:30 PM
I wonder if he hangs out with Jimmy.He has hops like Jimmy.

BillsWin
04-01-2011, 12:56 PM
I don't like Newton, but that piece on him took a negative critique and became personal. Very unprofessional. I'd be fired from my job if I wrote pieces like that.

I still think Newton is a *****.

justasportsfan
04-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Cam/Gabbert. Both expensive projects with questionmarks. We can wait in the later rounds for projects.

I would take Kaepernick in the later rounds over Cam.

baalworship
04-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Yeah he's a psychic. His take on Russell was he could be good he could be bad.

Sounds like the weatherman in Buffalo predicting partially cloudy skies and a chance of rain.

His take on Newton is the same sort of drivel that allows him an escape clause no matter how he turns out. Surprised how people eat these "predictions" up.

Michael82
04-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Wow! He nailed it with Russell. I bet he's right with Newton too.

djjimkelly
04-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Cam/Gabbert. Both expensive projects with questionmarks. We can wait in the later rounds for projects.

I would take Kaepernick in the later rounds over Cam.

or we can take ponder in the 2nd like we are going too

djjimkelly
04-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Wow! He nailed it with Russell. I bet he's right with Newton too.

and on sirius yesterday they read out his opinion on jimmy clausen which was also bang on.

cam newton is garbage we should all pray the only thing he ever has to do the bills is maybe a game of madden

Ingtar33
04-02-2011, 12:06 PM
yeah... his evaluation of Russel was spot on. And his evaluation of Newton is pretty much what i've heard about him personally.

SABURZFAN
04-02-2011, 12:19 PM
it will be hell on this board if the Bills draft Cam Newton. the Lossman episode will look like a walk in the park.

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2011, 04:45 PM
By now I think I've mentioned once or twice that I don't like Cam Newton. But I just heard on Sirius how Gil Brandt really likes him and knows his family personally. I wonder what he sees that we don't see, or the other way around.

Extremebillsfan247
04-02-2011, 04:50 PM
If there is anyone who could make something out of Cam Newton, it's Chan Gailey. JMO

Mike
04-02-2011, 09:41 PM
eah he's a psychic. His take on Russell was he could be good he could be bad.

Sounds like the weatherman in Buffalo predicting partially cloudy skies and a chance of rain.

His take on Newton is the same sort of drivel that allows him an escape clause no matter how he turns out. Surprised how people eat these "predictions" up.

I think he is spot on an both projections. Some players really are high risk high reward. As for Cam, I see the very same things in him, and I do not think that this guy will be a good QB in the NFL. If I were a GM, I would scratch him off of my board almost completely... maybe take a 3rd round flier on him but that's about it.

Extremebillsfan247
04-04-2011, 05:43 PM
I have to agree with Warren Moon on this though. Who judges someones character based on how he smiles? That's ridiculous. He never met Cam Newton on a personal level and has said as much. He is basing his judgement of Newtons character from what he has heard and read. You can't do that and be accurate. It's a fact. It doesn't matter whether Nawrocki is credible or not, he is wrong in using his own opinion to judge the character of a player he has never met, or seen in person. But, that is my opinion.