PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carrucci on 103.3 the edge local radio in Buffalo today!

bigbub2352
04-01-2011, 03:33 PM
In an interview with Shred and Regan on 103.3 the edge today they had NFL.com writer Vic Carrucci on and he had some interesting comments about what the bills will do come draft day

Says he thinks if Cam Newton is there at 3 the bills will take him from what he has heard coming out of one bills drive...also stated that it is possible Newton will not be there at 3 to take

Also said that if Bills go defense he believe's bills will go Marcel Dareus and thinks he is the best Defensive player avaialble in the draft by far...stated that Dave Wannstadt being added may influence this pick as well because of Dareus's versatility in either scheme..

Thinks the Bills are in a great position to really improve football team this year!

Dont shoot the messenger enoy!

NOT THE DUDE...
04-01-2011, 03:37 PM
if cam doesnt go one then yes the bills can take him, but dareus will go 1 or 2 regardless so how will he be there? who would they take if newton goes 1 and dareus 2?

McBFLO
04-01-2011, 03:58 PM
if cam doesnt go one then yes the bills can take him, but dareus will go 1 or 2 regardless so how will he be there? who would they take if newton goes 1 and dareus 2?
I'd think Peterson. Supposedly best player in the draft and it IS a position of need.

Novacane
04-01-2011, 04:03 PM
In an interview with Shred and Regan on 103.3 the edge today they had NFL.com writer Vic Carrucci on and he had some interesting comments about what the bills will do come draft day

Says he thinks if Cam Newton is there at 3 the bills will take him from what he has heard coming out of one bills drive...also stated that it is possible Newton will not be there at 3 to take

Also said that if Bills go defense he believe's bills will go Marcel Dareus and thinks he is the best Defensive player avaialble in the draft by far...stated that Dave Wannstadt being added may influence this pick as well because of Dareus's versatility in either scheme..

Thinks the Bills are in a great position to really improve football team this year!

Dont shoot the messenger enoy!

That's why I don't buy it. I'm surprised Vic is falling for it. "From what he has heard from one Bills drive"

If they are so hot for Cam why are the blabbing it to everyone? I think they are hoping to get a team that is hot for Newton to trade with Denver so they can draft Dareus.

Raptor
04-01-2011, 05:41 PM
If Cam is there that card will be in faster than the Spiller card

mrbojanglezs
04-01-2011, 05:44 PM
so basically he said the bills will take the guys that are going to go 1 and 2, good job vic keep up the excellent work...sigh

TigerJ
04-01-2011, 06:41 PM
if cam doesnt go one then yes the bills can take him, but dareus will go 1 or 2 regardless so how will he be there? who would they take if newton goes 1 and dareus 2?I'm thinking Newton to Carolina and Dareus to Denver, so we're in agreement here. In this scenario, I think Buffalo hopes for the chance to drop down 2-4 spots. They would then take Cameron Jordan/JJ Watts or possibly Miller/Quinn. If they chose not to trade down the pick will be Gabbert. If they try and can't the pick could be Fairley or Miller. Bowers is too much of a health risk at this point.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-01-2011, 08:26 PM
its going to be gabbert, or trade down i think...

Mr. Miyagi
04-01-2011, 08:44 PM
If Cam is there that card will be in faster than the Spiller card
GOD I hope you're wrong. :pray:

mikemac2001
04-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Cam and spiller. First Rd picks could be game changers I hate the pick love the possibility

HopefulBillsFan
04-03-2011, 08:25 PM
YES WE CAM.

BillsWin
04-03-2011, 09:17 PM
I don't care who we draft at this point. I don't like Newton at all. Either his celebrity mentality or the fact that he comes from a style of offense that successful NFL quarterbacks don't come from.

I'd much rather go Miller in the first, Ponder in the second. Of course, I'm not the GM. So I'll defer to Nix. If he is so sold on Newton I'll have to give him at least an attempt at support for the pick.

more cowbell
04-03-2011, 09:57 PM
If Cam Newton is there at 3 and we pass on him...it will haunt this franchise. Buffalo is an IDEAL fit for Newton - he can sit behind an intelligent QB and learn from a coach who has a history of developing/getting the most out of his QB's.

better days
04-03-2011, 10:29 PM
If Cam Newton is there at 3 and we pass on him...it will haunt this franchise. Buffalo is an IDEAL fit for Newton - he can sit behind an intelligent QB and learn from a coach who has a history of developing/getting the most out of his QB's.

I find it amusing. All the media that called the hire of Chan Gailey a bad hire at the time, now think he is the perfect coach & the Bills the perfect fit for Newton.

This may be true but it is also true that Newton has as big a chance to flop as any QB in this draft even with Chan as his coach. If Chan can develop Newton, he can develop one of the QB's available in the 2nd or 3rd rnd as well.

ServoBillieves
04-03-2011, 11:11 PM

So please, let us not immediately address positions of need. Let's draft a QB who can't immediately be good at the NFL level but has to sit the bench while making millions after ANOTHER hold out of a Buffalo mediocre player.

"Drafted #3? I must be the best evar!!!1!?"

No. If we draft a QB in round 1, it had better be after we draft Newton, realize he's not the face of the franchise, and draft Luck #1 overall in 2012. OR, we could go Miller, Dareus, or Peterson, and improve the defense significantly and NOT be that scenario.

I love the Bills, they are tattooed on my right arm, but if they draft a project at #3? It's a terrible choice. Projects are saved for the 3rd round and on, where as sure-fire "We know they can help the franchise" players are drafted to help right away.

Gabbert and Newton COULD be decent NFL QB's, but that "could" doesn't reprimand a top 5 pick. This is officially the year (in my eyes) that a QB doesn't deserve a top 5. Anyone who takes a QB top 5 will have some severe growing pains... And whoever it is deserves the pain because they took the bait.

Mike
04-04-2011, 02:49 AM
I don't care who we draft at this point. I don't like Newton at all. Either his celebrity mentality or the fact that he comes from a style of offense that successful NFL quarterbacks don't come from.

I'd much rather go Miller in the first, Ponder in the second. Of course, I'm not the GM. So I'll defer to Nix. If he is so sold on Newton I'll have to give him at least an attempt at support for the pick.

Just because he is the GM does not mean that he is right or that you have to Now support the pick. If you think they are making a mistake, and thats all they have done the last 10years, then you let them know it, and if you are wrong you will be glad for it. Last thing you want is to support another administration that has no clue on what they are doing.

trapezeus
04-04-2011, 02:40 PM
If they are so hot for Cam why are the blabbing it to everyone? I think they are hoping to get a team that is hot for Newton to trade with Denver so they can draft Dareus.

i don't think its mutually exclusive. if the bills are interested in cam, they could project it because they feel that their second choice is 1A. and they want to see if someone will let them make their 1A selection and get a boat load of pics. Andin the event it doesn't pan out, they'll just take cam as wanted.

in someways, this is the luxury have having very few starters on the team. any position is available and potentially an upgrade.

better days
04-04-2011, 02:52 PM
So please, let us not immediately address positions of need. Let's draft a QB who can't immediately be good at the NFL level but has to sit the bench while making millions after ANOTHER hold out of a Buffalo mediocre player.

"Drafted #3? I must be the best evar!!!1!?"

No. If we draft a QB in round 1, it had better be after we draft Newton, realize he's not the face of the franchise, and draft Luck #1 overall in 2012. OR, we could go Miller, Dareus, or Peterson, and improve the defense significantly and NOT be that scenario.

I love the Bills, they are tattooed on my right arm, but if they draft a project at #3? It's a terrible choice. Projects are saved for the 3rd round and on, where as sure-fire "We know they can help the franchise" players are drafted to help right away.

Gabbert and Newton COULD be decent NFL QB's, but that "could" doesn't reprimand a top 5 pick. This is officially the year (in my eyes) that a QB doesn't deserve a top 5. Anyone who takes a QB top 5 will have some severe growing pains... And whoever it is deserves the pain because they took the bait.

Talk of position of need, I read an article on Bleacher Report this morning that listed the top need of every team. According to the person that wrote that article the Buffalo Bills #1 need: LEFT TACKLE. !!!!?????

I love the Shredd & Ragan show, listen to their podcast all the time.

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Talk of position of need, I read an article on Bleacher Report this morning that listed the top need of every team. According to the person that wrote that article the Buffalo Bills #1 need: LEFT TACKLE. !!!!?????

I love the Shredd & Ragan show, listen to their podcast all the time.
You sure the article wasn't from 2 years ago?

malvado78
04-04-2011, 03:46 PM
I doubt it was they like most all of the media outlets have been copying and pasting for Buffalo the last 2 years...

I do alot of c&p at my job too so I can't blame them.

:bullseye:

tatersalad
04-04-2011, 06:22 PM

What offense did drew brees run at purdue? oh yeah the spread,

Night Train
04-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Vic has bitten the bait before and he gets visability on NFL dot commie.

Teams read this and start calling for trades. It only takes one..