PDA

View Full Version : Just Say NO to QB this year

Mike
04-02-2011, 12:34 PM
When I look at the top four I tend to agree with these sentiments:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiAzZyzFBQPkm8ns4lUVo8NDubYF?slug=jc-cole_flawed_qb_class_of_2011_040111

Just Say No to QB and grab one Next Year! Who do we draft now? Bowers just pulled himself out of the top 10 possible with his workout. I say go BPA and get Peterson, its a Safe pick on a Great Player. All of the others may turn into a newer version of Maybin, or Flowers, or Lossman, or M. Williams, etc.. you get the gist.

We Need a 1st Pick who produces.

Extremebillsfan247
04-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Next years class might not be much better once Andrew Luck is off the board. There will be a noticeable talent gap between him and the rest of the 2012 QB class. Unless your picking 1st overall, you won't get much better than whats already in this draft class. If a GM is too scared to gamble, he doesn't belong in the draft room. JMO

TigerJ
04-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Everyone is going to have an opinion on this. Mine is that the Bills should consider a QB in rounds 2 or 3 as there are a couple with upside nearly that of the top two and very little additional downside risk. DraftBoy is of the same opinion as you, that the Bills shouldn't draft a QB at all. Then, of course, there are some who are gung ho on Newton of Gabbert. I will say if Nix and Gailey are absolutely sure they can get a franchise QB at #3 they should go for it, but if they're wrong they will eventually lose their job because of it.

Buffalo Thriller
04-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Landry Jones from Oklahoma may light it up and declare.

Mike
04-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Guy from USC may also declare next year. Matt Berkley sp?... I like him as a prospect, as well as Luck. Worst case senerio, Bills have another top 5 pick next year at which point they may be able to get one of these guys. Also note that in the future, because of the CBA and rookie caps, there will more mobility in the draft, teams moving into the top of the draft and out of it due to lowered financial risks, so there will be ample opportunity to get the top pick, even if it is really expensive.

Ebenezer
04-02-2011, 09:30 PM
The Bills need WAY more help at Def than they do at QB. They shouldn't even be worried about QB this year.

Michael82
04-03-2011, 12:57 AM
Yeah, because we are all set with Fitzpatrick, Brohm, and Levi Brown. :rolleyes:

If the Bills keep pushing the QB to the next year, we will never have one to develop. I'm sorry, but I'm not sold on Fitz and don't want to wait another year to take one and then wait 3-4 more years until the new QB is ready before the team is a contender again.

ZacGriffi~82
04-03-2011, 01:00 AM
if it's not there, it's not there. when Andrew Luck decided to stay, the Sam Bradford or Matt Ryan of the class left. drafting the wrong guy will set us back further.

Night Train
04-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Yeah, because we are all set with Fitzpatrick, Brohm, and Levi Brown. :rolleyes:

If the Bills keep pushing the QB to the next year, we will never have one to develop. I'm sorry, but I'm not sold on Fitz and don't want to wait another year to take one and then wait 3-4 more years until the new QB is ready before the team is a contender again.

If a QB is picked early these days, they never wait more than a few games to play, if not immediately.

When the QB position is full of raw pretenders needing tons of coaching, you don't shrug your sholders and select one anyhow, hoping for the best. That's Losman/Todd Collins etc. all over again.

I doubt the Bills are sold on Fitz beyond this coming season, when his contract concludes. So build up the D to keep you in games and find a TE this April. It's another off-season anyhow before this roster gets balanced out.

Jan Reimers
04-03-2011, 08:21 AM
We can certainly live with Fitz for another season, while we draft D, D and more D. I think the Newtons, Gabberts and Lockers are way too iffy to take in the first round.

I'd say we draft a QB only if one the coaching staff really likes falls to us in a later round.

Ebenezer
04-03-2011, 09:09 AM
We can certainly live with Fitz for another season, while we draft D, D and more D. I think the Newtons, Gabberts and Lockers are way too iffy to take in the first round.

I'd say we draft a QB only if one the coaching staff really likes falls to us in a later round.
If the Bills draft a QB just to draft a QB and throw him in to play and don't add to the defense then this team might just end up with a worse record next year. If the live with Fitz and don't add to the defense then this team might end up winning a game or two more than last year...i.e., no gain.

better days
04-03-2011, 09:47 AM

If you mean 2nd or 3rd by later rnd I agree with you. I'm with Michael82, the Bills should draft a QB this year if possible. I would not be surprised to see the Bills draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd, an OT in the 3rd or 4th & DEFENSE the rest of the draft.

mikemac2001
04-03-2011, 12:35 PM

look at all these young QB's who have played well

they all had a solid defense behind them....

if we can't stop anyone and then force a young QB to play catch up he is going to get murdered and ruin his career.

get this defense solid i don't mind drafting a QB if one slips into 2nd or 3rd rd

fix the D and the wins will come

Michael82
04-03-2011, 12:41 PM
look at all these young QB's who have played well

they all had a solid defense behind them....

if we can't stop anyone and then force a young QB to play catch up he is going to get murdered and ruin his career.

get this defense solid i don't mind drafting a QB if one slips into 2nd or 3rd rd

fix the D and the wins will come
I'm fine with that, but I will be pissed if they don't draft a QB until the later rounds again, just like last year.

tampabay25690
04-03-2011, 01:18 PM
I dont know if I agree at all...
So you are telling me now that Cam newton and the rest of the class will not be future NFL QB's?? If thats what you believe then you are correct......
Im not saying this is a great QB class but there are some guys that could be very good NFL Qb's.....

The problem is we have NO ONE after Fitz......We need to grab a guy this year and develop with Fitz and Chan in this offense.....

The team will still draft Defense and alot of it.......

psubills62
04-03-2011, 09:29 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiAzZyzFBQPkm8ns4lUVo8NDubYF?slug=jc-cole_flawed_qb_class_of_2011_040111

Just Say No to QB and grab one Next Year! Who do we draft now? Bowers just pulled himself out of the top 10 possible with his workout. I say go BPA and get Peterson, its a Safe pick on a Great Player. All of the others may turn into a newer version of Maybin, or Flowers, or Lossman, or M. Williams, etc.. you get the gist.

I have no problem taking a guy later on, just not at 3 and depending on who - not in the second round.

Next years class might not be much better once Andrew Luck is off the board. There will be a noticeable talent gap between him and the rest of the 2012 QB class. Unless your picking 1st overall, you won't get much better than whats already in this draft class. If a GM is too scared to gamble, he doesn't belong in the draft room. JMO
You may be right, but there are also a couple guys with the chance to be better than anyone in the 2011 draft class, including Nick Foles and Matt Barkley. Not to mention that Andrew Luck being in the class, period, pushes guys down more.

ServoBillieves
04-03-2011, 09:45 PM

I Tend to Agree with you, but MCkelvin and eVans, even Clements In His prime were good pIck ups.

Ok, I'm done with that.

The Donahoe picks were pretty awful. We all pretty much know that. Marv's late picks were OK to say the least, but those after were... better but still no elite player.

People will say BPA, but I say BDPA. As in, we don't need Newton, whoever, we need the best defensive player available.

If it's Peterson, fine, if it's Miller, Dareus, or even Fairley, I would be happy with it. If you NEED a QB? Take a shot on someone else in the 2nd or 3rd, don't wait til the 7th. Develop them under Fitzy, pray for a Trent Dilfer-esque SB win from him, and build around a strong defense that can be anchored by some fresh blood and some solid vets.

Extremebillsfan247
04-04-2011, 06:15 AM

If the Bills keep pushing the QB to the next year, we will never have one to develop. I'm sorry, but I'm not sold on Fitz and don't want to wait another year to take one and then wait 3-4 more years until the new QB is ready before the team is a contender again. It's amazing, at least to me how many Bills fans forget how many of them could not wait for this moment to come where we could finally rid ourselves of QB mediocrity. Now that the opportunity is presenting itself, many are found left with a sense of cold feet for a lack of a better analogy to describe it. Great post. JMO

Ebenezer
04-04-2011, 06:40 AM
It's amazing, at least to me how many Bills fans forget how many of them could not wait for this moment to come where we could finally rid ourselves of QB mediocrity. Now that the opportunity is presenting itself, many are found left with a sense of cold feet for a lack of a better analogy to describe it. Great post. JMO

Taking a QB at #3 just because you have the #3 pick could lead to better things...like picking #1 or #2 next year.