PDA

View Full Version : eat it refs

Crisis
04-03-2011, 06:40 PM
enrothhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SabreEleven
04-03-2011, 06:47 PM
25 guys should be lining up to kiss Enroth's ass about right now.

JD
04-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Sooo now I guess the refs have to give the money back?

DrGraves
04-03-2011, 10:35 PM
typical... nfl tries to F the bills, nhl tries to F the sabres. nothing new here.

JD
04-03-2011, 11:12 PM
I'd be curious to see the schedules of referees. Francois St. Laurent and Paul Devorski were calling some crazy **** out there!!

Under St. Laurent, the home team is 98-55
Under Devorski, the home team is 143-61

Are those numbers a little high to you guys? I wonder how many games they called for the Canes.. as I said in another thread some guy (bless his soul) from HF, went back and found that the Canes had the most calls for and the least calls against in every year since the lockout.

Whatever the reason, that was probably the worst officiated game I've ever witnessed.

Electrici
04-04-2011, 01:42 AM
It had the making of a complete homejob, fortunately it failed miserably.

TMu11
04-04-2011, 04:59 AM
That was completely horrible to watch. They should both lose their jobs after that one. Unfortunately, the NHL wanted the tie to make the next 3 games more interesting so nothing will happen. Typical.

SabreEleven
04-04-2011, 06:17 AM
that penalty for hooking on Ennis about half way through the 3rd was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. His stick never went about the guys waist. The ref was looking for some there to call.

OpIv37
04-04-2011, 07:18 AM
The three that bothered me the most:

-Not stopping play when Enroth had no mask
-Not calling a penalty when Enroth got kneed in the head while laying on the puck.
-The "phantom" call that I believe was on Butler. The play ended with Stafford destroying Skinner with a clean check, and they called Butler for a penalty after the play. MSG showed the replay, and Butler was fighting for the puck behind the net, but didn't do anything that looked remotely like a penalty. He had both hands on his stick and the blade of the stick on the ice poking at the puck.

SabreEleven
04-04-2011, 07:27 AM
I was surprised they didn't call goaltender interference on Stafford on the GW.

Dr. Lecter
04-04-2011, 08:33 AM
The three that bothered me the most:

-Not stopping play when Enroth had no mask
-Not calling a penalty when Enroth got kneed in the head while laying on the puck.
-The "phantom" call that I believe was on Butler. The play ended with Stafford destroying Skinner with a clean check, and they called Butler for a penalty after the play. MSG showed the replay, and Butler was fighting for the puck behind the net, but didn't do anything that looked remotely like a penalty. He had both hands on his stick and the blade of the stick on the ice poking at the puck.

What they did on the Butler call was call him for a hook. But the Carolina player grabbed his stick with his arm and body. They replay did not show it, but I did see it the first time around.

What pissed me off was Boyes getting whacked in the face with the stick and no call. That was a clear high stick, even though it was accidental.

trapezeus
04-04-2011, 08:42 AM
yes, butler had his arm in the air showing that his stick was held. he made it from behind the net to the halfboard like that. and when he got called for the penalty, i was going nuts in my home with no one there. it was outrageous.l

the boyes high stick was unbelievable as well. carolina even looked like they were going to stop for a second to admit that it was a penalty and then shot up ice.

please note that i could see this on a crappy stream of the game. i can only imagine what HD viewers and refs 3 feet from the play saw.

don137
04-04-2011, 08:53 AM
I went to the game and It definitely felt like the refs were looking for calls against the Sabres and let it go against the Canes. Sekera gets cut on the face after a slash or high stick yet yet no call but he gets called for the penalty 30 seconds later. The hooking on Ennis was a phantom call at best. That play happens 30 times a games. That was no hook. Even the call that caused the 5-3 was questionable at best. I don't like to belittle the refs but it was very one sided. Even the radio guy on the Canes station I listened to on the way home said the refs were one sided.