PDA

View Full Version : The Sabres game against Carolina did not count!!!!

Dr. Lecter
04-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Forked from: 3/29/11: Sabres vs. Leafs Thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3437399)

Sorry. Can't beat Carolina when it counts.

Clearly this was not an important game!!!!!

hydro
04-03-2011, 06:52 PM
We gave up a point though. That is unacceptable! You are not allowed to be happy!

OpIv37
04-03-2011, 06:54 PM
well, you got me there- they finally won a big game and won it against Carolina.

OpIv37
04-03-2011, 06:55 PM
We gave up a point though. That is unacceptable! You are not allowed to be happy!

it actually blows that we gave up the point to them. The only saving grace is that we jumped into 7th, so that gives us a little more margin for error, but nothing is guaranteed. If Enroth didn't spot the Caps two goals last night and if the refs didn't hand Carolina a point today we'd be in great shape.

Novacane
04-03-2011, 07:02 PM
They are still in great shape. It would take a monumental choke not to get in the playoffs now.

Dr. Lecter
04-03-2011, 07:05 PM
The magic number is 4, between the Sabres getting or Carolina losing points.

MikeInRoch
04-03-2011, 07:07 PM
it actually blows that we gave up the point to them. The only saving grace is that we jumped into 7th, so that gives us a little more margin for error, but nothing is guaranteed. If Enroth didn't spot the Caps two goals last night and if the refs didn't hand Carolina a point today we'd be in great shape.

Woah. It wasn't the Sabres fault then?

Ebenezer
04-03-2011, 07:26 PM
How deep is that hole you keep digging for yourself?

OpIv37
04-03-2011, 07:37 PM
How deep is that hole you keep digging for yourself?

what the hell are you talking about?

Nighthawk
04-03-2011, 08:16 PM
The funny part is, OP was right in a sense...that game they lost to Carolina was huge and would've been even larger had the sabres lost this game. It's very easy to not look at it that way...it's also very ignorant not to see that also.

psubills62
04-03-2011, 09:20 PM
So is this the future when all our negatives are going to bite us in the butt?

CuseJetsFan83
04-04-2011, 12:07 PM
http://zorak.best.vwh.net/nhl/

with the win last night Toronto officially can't catch us, but they can still nab NYR albeit they only have 1 point to spare....

as said earlier carolina has 4 points

OpIv37
04-04-2011, 12:16 PM
http://zorak.best.vwh.net/nhl/

with the win last night Toronto officially can't catch us, but they can still nab NYR albeit they only have 1 point to spare....

as said earlier carolina has 4 points

I want the NYR to lose in OT to Boston tonight. We'll still have the tiebreaker on them for 7th, it eliminates Toronto from the playoffs and it keeps pressure on Carolina.

I REALLY want Carolina to miss the playoffs.

Dr. Lecter
04-04-2011, 12:21 PM
I want the NYR to lose in OT to Boston tonight. We'll still have the tiebreaker on them for 7th, it eliminates Toronto from the playoffs and it keeps pressure on Carolina.

I REALLY want Carolina to miss the playoffs.
It is better for the Rangers to lose in regulation.

That would make the Sabres magic number 3 because they would have the tiebreaker with the Rangers.

OpIv37
04-04-2011, 12:24 PM
It is better for the Rangers to lose in regulation.

That would make the Sabres magic number 3 because they would have the tiebreaker with the Rangers.

Understood, but that also makes it easier on Carolina. If the Rangers lose in regulation, Carolina can tie them with a win in their next game.

an OT loss is the compromise- it allows the Sabres to stay in 7th while putting pressure on Carolina.

OpIv37
04-04-2011, 12:25 PM
if we miss the playoffs and Carolina makes it, I'm going to be ****ing livid.

Dr. Lecter
04-04-2011, 12:28 PM
I undestand why you don't want the Canes in it - I really do - my only concern is getting the Sabres in it.

Win Tuesday, let Detroit win Wednesday and I am happy.

trapezeus
04-04-2011, 01:08 PM
crazy thing is seeds 1-5 isn't really settled either. the final three games could see all those teams move around. so it's a battle for 1-5 and then a separate battle for 6-10.

i think the sabres can pull out 4 points in the next 3 games. i also think carolina only wins 1. Which means the sabres can go 0-3 and still make it into the playoffs.

but of course, winning keeps the sabres in control of the driver seat.

Ebenezer
04-04-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm abivalent. Get into the playoffs and worry about it from there.