PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Denver looking to trade back into Rd 1 for Ponder

DraftBoy
04-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Via Twitter;
http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisSteuber

RT @ChrisSteuber Just a clarification, #Broncos interested in trading back into R1 to get Ponder. DEN has two 2nd RD picks, could trade 1 of them + others.

RT @ChrisSteuber#HeardThis: #Broncos targeting Christian Ponder; Elway loves his ability/makeup. Ironically, @cponder7 favorite QB alltime is Elway

DraftBoy
04-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Broncos Picks:
1st-#2
2nd-#36, & #46
3rd-#67
6th-#186, & #189
7th-#247

DraftBoy
04-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Potential trading partners;
Indianapolis at #22
New England at #28
Pittsburgh at #31
Green Bay at #32

Extremebillsfan247
04-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Freakin Elway man... I'm telling you right now, Ponder is the steal of this draft among QBs. He doesn't have the best arm, but there is something about this guy that just wreaks of something great about to unfold. He reminds me a lot of Jim Plunkett. JMO

Dr. Lecter
04-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Crap.

Not only will they do this and piss me off, but they will do so with New England who will collect more high picks as a result.

k-oneputt
04-04-2011, 07:52 AM
That' s would be one done then.
Bills will be targeting Locker if he lasts until pick #34.

Michael82
04-04-2011, 08:04 AM
If the Broncos draft Ponder, then I want the Bills to trade for Tebow.

DraftBoy
04-04-2011, 08:20 AM

In all honesty what has Locker shown you to make you even want him? I understand half the argument is his lack of production is due to lack of surrounding talent (which I still don't buy) but there has to be something else he has shown to you at least.

better days
04-04-2011, 08:27 AM
In all honesty what has Locker shown you to make you even want him? I understand half the argument is his lack of production is due to lack of surrounding talent (which I still don't buy) but there has to be something else he has shown to you at least.

I am with you. They say working with O'Brien has helped his release but it remains to be seen.

Bangarang
04-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Does this mean that we were going to definitely take Ponder at 34?

better days
04-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Does this mean that we were going to definitely take Ponder at 34?

I think it means some team is trying to sucker the Bills or another team into trading up for Ponder.

Bangarang
04-04-2011, 08:35 AM
I think it means some team is trying to sucker the Bills or another team into trading up for Ponder.

I don't think that's the case. I think the Broncos genuinely want Ponder and know that if we don't draft Cam or Blaine than he's our guy at 34.

k-oneputt
04-04-2011, 08:43 AM

Who I want is meaningless, it's who Ralph, Buddy , and Chan.
He has the mental characteristics,leadership and makeup to play qb in Buffalo, and
his physical characteristics are exactly what Chan likes in a qb.
Same with Ponder. They will go with Fitz and Chan will groom either for 2012.
{and whatever you think his o-line and wr's sucked at Wash.}

I don't beleive they really want Cam. Just because they haven't shut up about him for the last two months doesn't mean they will draft him. I don't think Newton will fit well in Buffalo as the face of the franchise.
I think they want Newton to get drafted by Carolina or have someone trade up in front of them to push another player down to them.
They will go defense and look qb at #34.

mrbojanglezs
04-04-2011, 08:48 AM

say NO TO LOCKER

Ickybaluky
04-04-2011, 08:56 AM

I tend to agree with you because guys who have accuracy issues don't tend to resolve them when they turn pro. Brian Billick's comment that what he is hearing makes him think teams making the same mistake evaluating Ponder that Baltimore did with Kyle Boller when he was there. He said Locker reminds him a lot of Boller.

That said, there is something to be said for system fit. I have read speculation that Shanahan might be interested in Locker because he likes his athleticism and how well he throws on the run. Locker might fit because Shanahan moves his QB out of the pocket a lot (where Locker struggles) on boots and designed roll-outs. Shanahan did this with Jake Plummer, another guy who wasn't good in the pocket but was real good on the move.

Given Gailey's success with athletic, scatter-arm QBs in the past like Kordell Stewart and Tyler Thigpen, maybe he thinks Locker can fit his offense. If that means he can address another need (like pass rush) with the high pick and still get Locker in the 2nd, would be make that move? Locker is a talented guy and fits if he is allowed to move around a lot and use his athleticism.

Dr. Lecter
04-04-2011, 08:59 AM
I tend to agree with you because guys who have accuracy issues don't tend to resolve them when they turn pro. Brian Billick's comment that what he is hearing makes him think teams making the same mistake evaluating Ponder that Baltimore did with Kyle Boller when he was there. He said Locker reminds him a lot of Boller.

Locker or Ponder = Boller?

Ickybaluky
04-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Locker or Ponder = Boller?

He said it of Locker. That was who I was talking about in response to Draftboy's post.

Billick basically said they made a mistake on Boller, overlooking some of his shortcomings because of his tools. He said he is hearing much of the same stuff from teams about Locker this year, and that Locker reminds him of Boller.

PTI
04-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Who cares. Well, all this means is that Gabbert or Newton will be available then. Just take one of them.

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2011, 10:14 AM
why is anyone believing anything like this right now......

DraftBoy
04-04-2011, 10:15 AM
why is anyone believing anything like this right now......

Because some people have been proven to provide good information over the course of multiple years in regards to interest and potential trades.

Chris has been one of those guys.

TigerJ
04-04-2011, 10:19 AM

I'm not convinced Locker is the guy they'd go after. Gailey has said that accuracy is one of the qualities he values most in a QB. Locker had a good pro day, but Gailey doesn't put much stock in pro days. He looks at film, and Locker's film reeks of inaccuracy. It may be that his inaccuracy is curable with good coaching, but Nix and Gailey can't be certain that will be the case. I think Kaepernick becomes the more likely target. He's been working to shorten his delivery. He's athletic, smart and very productive.

Luisito23
04-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Ponder's garbage.

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Because some people have been proven to provide good information over the course of multiple years in regards to interest and potential trades.

Chris has been one of those guys.

like what

TacklingDummy
04-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Ponder's garbage.
The whole QB class is garbage. Please Bills don't waste a pick on a QB this draft unless its in the 5th or later rounds.

madness
04-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Pass on Showtime, Mr. Barn and the two drug users. As for Ponder, I think he will be a very good backup.

alohabillsfan
04-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Seriously people, the draft isnt for another 3 weeks, but hey stay glued to twitter and spacebook hoping to get a snippet of a rumor just to remock your entire draft... Wait, I should go update my big board... BRB

DraftBoy
04-04-2011, 11:13 AM
like what

Im not going to try and validate somebody else to you. You have a Google search function that you are just as everybody else does. Either believe it or don't, its not any skin off my back either way.

justasportsfan
04-04-2011, 11:36 AM

"For his second move in his first draft as the Broncos GM, John Elway swaps their 2nd rd.(36th) pick with buffalo's 2nd rd.(34th) pick giving the bills Tim Tebow"

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Im not going to try and validate somebody else to you. You have a Google search function that you are just as everybody else does. Either believe it or don't, its not any skin off my back either way.

cool. I figured youd at least know of 1 thing thats why i asked. But no, i dont believe it, as most people shouldnt

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2011, 11:41 AM
"For his second move in his first draft as the Broncos GM, John Elway swaps their 2nd rd.(36th) pick with buffalo's 2nd rd.(24th) pick giving the bills Tim Tebow"
I'd think Tebow is worth quite a bit more than 12 spots in the 2nd round.

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2011, 11:46 AM
You have a Google search function that you are just as everybody else does.

Isnt that how you do most of your scouting?:D:

Ginger Vitis
04-04-2011, 11:50 AM
"For his second move in his first draft as the Broncos GM, John Elway swaps their 2nd rd.(36th) pick with buffalo's 2nd rd.(24th) pick giving the bills Tim Tebow"

Hmm I believe the Bills have the 34th pick in the 2nd round..

DraftBoy
04-04-2011, 11:53 AM
cool. I figured youd at least know of 1 thing thats why i asked. But no, i dont believe it, as most people shouldnt

There is an entire thread on this forum dedicated to information he has given already for the entire college football season.

I know much more than just 1 thing that he has given, but my point is what does it matter if I list it or not? You're not going to care, so why should I waste my time?

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2011, 11:56 AM
There is an entire thread on this forum dedicated to information he has given already for the entire college football season.

I know much more than just 1 thing that he has given, but my point is what does it matter if I list it or not? You're not going to care, so why should I waste my time?

was just looking for ONE example of something along these lines he has gotten right. Then I would be more open to believing why a front office would hint or show what they are thinkng about doing to some guy outside of the organization

DraftBoy
04-04-2011, 11:58 AM
was just looking for ONE example of something along these lines he has gotten right. Then I would be more open to believing why a front office would hint or show what they are thinkng about doing to some guy outside of the organization

And again Ill direct you to search engines like Yahoo, Google, or even this forums. Im not going to waste my time validating somebody to you, if you want to see a guys record check it yourself.

I know he's legit and reliable hence why I posted what he had heard.

justasportsfan
04-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Hmm I believe the Bills have the 34th pick in the 2nd round..
typo. Edited .thanks.

I'd think Tebow is worth quite a bit more than 12 spots in the 2nd round.
Elways has gotten sacked way too many times.

Novacane
04-04-2011, 12:29 PM
So Elway does not like Tebow?

Nighthawk
04-04-2011, 12:33 PM
All I want is the Bills to draft Von Miller at #3 then get a QB. I like Ponder, but it might be a stretch for him to be there in the second with all the buzz going around about him.

better days
04-04-2011, 12:33 PM
So Elway does not like Tebow?

Who knows? Don't believe anything from now until the draft is over.

tampabay25690
04-04-2011, 01:25 PM

Mikey I would nut in my pants if we got Tebow.........
My whole family would have TEBOW Bills jerseys on............

tampabay25690
04-04-2011, 01:26 PM
DB
Same with what has Ponder or Gabbert done in College for all there LUV?????
:wtf:

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2011, 03:20 PM

who said i wouldnt care? thats why im asking....all i said was i wouldnt believe anthing about anything right now and you went to bat for this guy, but then told me to figure it out on my own....just curious whats some stuff this guy has been out with in the past that would make him so reliable...

k-oneputt
04-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Better yet give us some Russ updates. He's always good for some off the wall bs.

DraftBoy
04-04-2011, 03:41 PM
who said i wouldnt care? thats why im asking....all i said was i wouldnt believe anthing about anything right now and you went to bat for this guy, but then told me to figure it out on my own....just curious whats some stuff this guy has been out with in the past that would make him so reliable...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=195144

98% of that info came from Steuber, the games that I also attended I can completely attest to him nailing the teams in attendance.

His contacts to the NFL are very good, that's not to say he's always right but he's very credible.

NOSaints213
04-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Potential trading partners;
Indianapolis at #22
New England at #28
Pittsburgh at #31
Green Bay at #32
I'd say the Saints are the most likely trading partner. We only have our 1st, 2nd, two 3ds, and a 7th. Aside from that, we hold the best position for the tradeup for a QB in the draft. We pick at #24 right before Seattle at #25, and Seattle is looking hard at QBs.

SABURZFAN
04-05-2011, 05:28 PM
why would they trade into the 1st round to get Ponder when they can get him at #36?

FlyingDutchman
04-05-2011, 05:30 PM
why would they trade into the 1st round to get Ponder when they can get him at #36?

bc this whole story is a load of crap

cookie G
04-05-2011, 06:23 PM
That would be awesome.

It just means another quality D7 player or OL falls to 34.