PDA

View Full Version : Heard some good draft info .... will have it on show Tuesday night AFTER SABRES GAME!

Coach Sal
04-04-2011, 11:18 PM
I've heard a lot of solid info recently from reliable sources, as it pertains to the Bills draft. This includes the trade down option OBD may be hoping for (which I tweeted Friday), who they may be targeting if they do trade, how some at OBD feel about Newton, and where the Bills may go if they keep the #3 pick.

I'll be talking about all of this LIVE AFTER THE SABRES/LIGHTNING GAME - not my usual 9:30pm, Tuesday night on my JTV channel. And we're going to have 10-15 minutes of Sabres talk to start the program!!

Also, Brian Galliford of BuffaloRumblings.com will join me to discuss all of this and more about the Bills draft.

Just click the link to watch live and participate in the show. Remember, it's after the Sabres game. I won't go live until then:

www.justin.tv/coachsal (www.justin.tv/coachsal)

Hope to see you there!

Dying_-2-_Live
04-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks Sal, can't wait to hear what you have to say

PromoTheRobot
04-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Please don't let it be swapping #1's with Philly plus Kevin Kolb.

PTR

Coach Sal
04-05-2011, 06:43 AM

PTR

The only place I've heard/read that is on the Internet. Doesn't mean it's not true at all, but I haven't taken it too seriously myself.

I will talk about it because it's out there, but I haven't heard anything related to this from anyone.

Novacane
04-05-2011, 06:53 AM
I'll be listening. What was it you tweeted last week? I missed it.

Extremebillsfan247
04-05-2011, 07:28 AM

PTRThe Philly trade rumor can be ignored. If the Bills trade down at all, It will be with one of the teams with a top 10 selection. That can be confirmed from Buddy Nix himself. I could provide a link and exact quote if needed.

tampabay25690
04-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Looking forward to it.....
Lets hope for a Sabres win and it will be a great nite.....

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2011, 08:24 AM
What time is the Sabres game?

Dr. Lecter
04-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Starts at 7.

Should be done ~9:30 or so.

better days
04-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Looking forward to the Podcast Sal.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2011, 09:12 AM
Starts at 7.

Should be done ~9:30 or so.
Eastern?

Dr. Lecter
04-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Yes

Ed
04-05-2011, 09:58 AM
I love the idea of a trade down if we can't get Dareus. I'm assuming the guy they would be targeting is Cameron Jordan.

I'll be on a flight tonight so I won't be able to listen, but I hope you provide a re-cap on here tomorrow.

Extremebillsfan247
04-05-2011, 10:05 AM
I love the idea of a trade down if we can't get Dareus. I'm assuming the guy they would be targeting is Cameron Jordan.

I'll be on a flight tonight so I won't be able to listen, but I hope you provide a re-cap on here tomorrow.I think your right about the targeted player if they trade down. But they may also look at taking Robert Quinn, or Sturdivant in a trade down situation. All 3 will be visiting Buffalo today. Bowers is also on his way to Buffalo from Denver according to Adam Schefter.

psubills62
04-05-2011, 10:09 AM
I think your right about the targeted player if they trade down. But they may also look at taking Robert Quinn, or Sturdivant in a trade down situation. All 3 will be visiting Buffalo today. Bowers is also on his way to Buffalo from Denver according to Adam Schefter.
Sturdivant? He's at most a second round target.

Coach Sal
04-05-2011, 10:32 AM
I'll be on a flight tonight so I won't be able to listen, but I hope you provide a re-cap on here tomorrow.

Will do.

psubills62
04-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Will do.
Much appreciate, Coach Sal. 7-9:30 isn't the best time for me. I hope the show goes well, though, and that you get a lot of people to tune in!

Coach Sal
04-05-2011, 10:36 AM
I'll be listening. What was it you tweeted last week? I missed it.

I tweeted Friday that I found out the Bills were more than willing to trade out of #3 if they could stay in the 10-12 and there are a couple players they'd like to have at that spot.

Also, that it's not like they don't like a couple guys at #3, and would be willing to take them, but that they also like guys they may be able to get at #10 and pick up more pick(s).

I didn't realize Nix had stated basically this same info at the State of the Team, as ExtremeBills fan said. So that's cool. But I'll have more to add to this tonight. And info on Newton, who the Bills may like if they stay at #3 and more.

RoanokeVABillsFan
04-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Look forward to listening to the podcast. Always appreciate all the information!

madness
04-05-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm debating on getting the JustinTV app for the iphone just for your show!

BertSquirtgum
04-05-2011, 11:08 AM

PTR

this post is a flamer

Bangarang
04-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Can't wait. I need my BBN fix.

Ickybaluky
04-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Also, that it's not like they don't like a couple guys at #3, and would be willing to take them, but that they also like guys they may be able to get at #10 and pick up more pick(s).

That would lead me to think they like are thinking defense. Maybe one of the several DE/OLB prospects that would be available there (Watt/Jordan/Kerrigan/Smith), an OT (Smith/Costonzo) or a CB (Amukamara). Would think QB less likely in that scenario.

alohabillsfan
04-05-2011, 11:43 AM
The mere fact that we are entertaining the trade out of 3 means that we will not waste a #3 on a QB!!!! If they were sold on Newton or Gabbert this would not be an option! Im happy, please select front 7.

kingJofNYC
04-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Traded down in '01 and had our best draft of the last decade, not like there's much competition. Landed Clements/Schobel/Henry in the first two rounds.

Would love to see a trade down, best fit would be the Redskins. Need a QB, Bengals/Niners/Cards all need one as well and anyone of them could jump on Gabbert. If the Skins really want a QB they need to move up.

don137
04-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks Sal..Since I go to the gym at 4:45AM most mornings I love listening to the podcast on Wednesday. Keep up the great work!!

patmoran2006
04-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Peterson is purely my opinion. You can easily make a case for, or against him as well as almost anyone.

At this point, the only player I have what I consider solid information on is Cameron Jordan.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-05-2011, 08:18 PM
miller or quinn at 3, jordan in a trade down scenario...

patmoran2006
04-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Peterson is purely my opinion. You can easily make a case for, or against him as well as almost anyone.

At this point, the only player I have what I consider solid information on is Cameron Jordan.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-05-2011, 08:39 PM
its gotta be the bills like miller and quinn

Extremebillsfan247
04-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Sturdivant? He's at most a second round target.He will most likely be their target at 34 if they roll with Newton or Gabbert at 3.

BertSquirtgum
04-05-2011, 10:53 PM
why can't i watch this ****ing thing? someone please post what was said

cookie G
04-05-2011, 11:27 PM
why can't i watch this ****ing thing? someone please post what was said

there was lots said, not too surprising.

-there's a split on Newton within the camp...some really like him, some aren't so sure they want him as the face of the franchise; Some think Chan is the perfect coach to get the most out of Newton.

-Gabbert and Dareus are at the top of the board. (Gag on Gabbert). If they're gone...they'll look at trading down or take Miller (I think).

-one guy Nix likes if they do trade down is Watt. Likes him, just not at 3.

-Ponder's high on the list, but not at 3, trading back up into one (I think) is a possibility.

-I don't remember him mentioning an OL. (Sad, since we still need at least 2).

-as far as TE's go, the guy they like is apparently Luke Stocker.

Coach Sal
04-06-2011, 12:03 AM
there was lots said, not too surprising.

-there's a split on Newton within the camp...some really like him, some aren't so sure they want him as the face of the franchise; Some think Chan is the perfect coach to get the most out of Newton.

-Gabbert and Dareus are at the top of the board. (Gag on Gabbert). If they're gone...they'll look at trading down or take Miller (I think).

-one guy Nix likes if they do trade down is Watt. Likes him, just not at 3.

-Ponder's high on the list, but not at 3, trading back up into one (I think) is a possibility.

-I don't remember him mentioning an OL. (Sad, since we still need at least 2).

-as far as TE's go, the guy they like is apparently Luke Stocker.

This is a good recap.

Although the Ponder part was more opinions from Brian Galliford, not info from me.

Also.....Cincy, even at 4, may be willing to move up 1 spot if they really like Gabert and/or Newton and believe we are going to take them.

Tampa may be a team to keep an eye on. They have #20, so it would be a tough trade for us to make, and they probably don't have enough firepower to get to #3, but they have Ronde Barber who's 35 and Aqib Talib who is facing major legal issues and/or suspension. They'd like to get a CB early in draft.

And even if Dareus and/or Gabbert are available, they will most likely entertain offers for #3, because they aren't so in love with anyone that they won't give up the pick.

But, it take two to tango and make a deal.