X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mindbender
    • Apr 2010

Three scenarios- Round 1

The draft is less than 4 weeks away. Here's what I hope the Bills will do. What do you think?

Scenario 1- Dareus is available and we pick him.

Scenario 2- Dareus is not available (darn Broncos) so we try to trade down somewhere in the top 10. We are successful and target our highest rated DE.

Scenario 3- Dareus is not available so we try to trade down. We are unsuccessful and pick Peterson.
    "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Three scenarios- Round 1

Don't really disagree

i would like dareus if not a trade down doesn't bother me extra picks can't hurt

but peterson is a sure bet and if we draft him i don't mind focusing on Dline and Lb's later on.

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

I actually wouldn't mind terribly if they drafted Cam Jordan at #3 (provided they can't trade down), either.

I do think scenarios 1-2 are the likely top two that Nix and co. are hoping for. If they could trade down to the 5-7 range, they could still get an "elite" player (I say "elite" because this draft is really weak at the top, but it still has a top tier).
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i'm pretty anti-cam newton, but if we can't trade out and need to take #3 and there isn't a decent defensive option aside from peterson, i would rather take the gamble on cam.

Here's why. i don't care how awesome you are as a CB, that doesn't solve this defense's problem. You can't run with WR for 4-6 seconds all the time no matter how well you grade. and even if you could, there is still another receiver option who will be open. and even if we had a second stud CB to cover that guy, teams will continue to run on us all day long. So his presence is just a gigantic waste of money and hearing "plus he's a great kick returner" one more time on april draft day, i'll kill someone. I really want the bills to take a game changing LB if Dareus isn't there.

Cam, on the other hand, has plenty of warts and also is useless against stopping the run. But there is upside. he could get it and be absolutely trouble free and amazing. making other teams having to game plan us for what he can do. Again, i came away from the BCS championship game thinking, "he's not a top tier NFL QB", but i'm a nobody. maybe gailey can fix what seemed so wrong with him.

Peterson, we've gone down this route with picking CBs. They are expensive and not that necessary if you have a great front seven. i would rather invest in front seven to reduce injury risk, than rely on one guy at 6 feet and 200lbs to be our savior.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
          • Apr 2005

Quick Question..........How far down can you drop and still expect Peterson to be
          there?

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Just say no to Peterson...pointless pick.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Scenario 2 is best

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mindbender
                Scenario 3- Dareus is not available so we try to trade down. We are unsuccessful and pick Miller.
                That's better.

Comment

• tcb5033
                  • Dec 2009

What if Dareus and one of the top 2 QB's are available when its time for us to pick at 3. Is it realistic at all to trade with Arizona (who I believe is in love with both QBs) and hope to get Dareus at #5? I highly doubt Cincy would take Dareus at 4...

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by tcb5033
                    What if Dareus and one of the top 2 QB's are available when its time for us to pick at 3. Is it realistic at all to trade with Arizona (who I believe is in love with both QBs) and hope to get Dareus at #5? I highly doubt Cincy would take Dareus at 4...
                    Not that this scenerio would ever happen, but for some fluke reason if it did, why would Arizona want to trade up ahead of Cincy if they were "in love with both QBs"?

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                      Not that this scenerio would ever happen, but for some fluke reason if it did, why would Arizona want to trade up ahead of Cincy if they were "in love with both QBs"?
                      Cincy could very well take the other QB on the board. If Arizona is desperate to get one of them (I don't think they are, tbh), then they might want to jump Cincy to grab him.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• tampabay25690
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                        Just say no to Peterson...pointless pick.
                        Yea that would suck to take the best player in the draft...LOL
                        If Peterson is there at 3 it would be idiotic to pass on him...
                        I do think he will be gone anyway....
                        GO Gators!!!!!!
                        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• tcb5033
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by psubills62
                          Cincy could very well take the other QB on the board. If Arizona is desperate to get one of them (I don't think they are, tbh), then they might want to jump Cincy to grab him.
                          Exactly... In hindsight I guess I didn't explain my thought enough. We could walk away with Dareus and extra late rounders. Would be ideal but I think its too good to be true in reality.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                            IMO it would be idiotic to take Peterson if a top 10 team wants to trade up to #3.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                              I don't at all. In fact, Im pretty confident he'll be there at 3. I think Cam Newton is going 1 and Dareus is going 2.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X