PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Draft News-Tebow?

mjgola01
04-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Buffalo Bills News- After speaking with a reliable NFL source over the weekend, I've learned that the Buffalo Bills have zero interst in LSU CB Patrick Peterson, and aren't as high on Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert as they are on Auburn QB Cam Newton. If Newton is off the board when it's time for the Bills to pick, the Bills might pass up Gabbert for Texas A&M OLB Von Miller or North Carolina DE/OLB Robert Quinn. Quinn could be a dark-horse pick for the Bills, especially if both Newton and Miller are off the board, since Bills' GM Buddy Nix was present at Quinn's pro day workout last week. Also, the Bills want to land a franchise-type quarterback as their new "face of the franchise" to put fans back into the seats, and if they make a play for Broncos' Qb Tim Tebow, like I pointed out, back on 01/03 in January's Draft News. Broncos' executive John Elway has gone out of his way to say that he doesn't believe Tebow is a franchise quarterback at this time, and my quess is he'd be more than happy to part ways with Tebow, if he can find a willing trade partner. The Bills were very high on Tebow coming out of the draft last year, which leads me to believe that he could still be in their plans, but only if they aren't able to land the quarterback that they are seeking in the draft.
-Al Fronczak
http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/ under the draft news tab

tcb5033
04-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Please God, Allah, Yahweh, Joseph Smith, Tom Cruise, don't let any of that be true!
If Newton and Miller are the first 2 taken, I'll puke if we pass on Dareus.

Buffalo Thriller
04-05-2011, 08:50 PM
I hope we draft Cam so you all can eat your crow when you see him play.

justasportsfan
04-05-2011, 09:15 PM
sheez, another reliable source with a different story from someone else with another reliable source.

baalworship
04-05-2011, 09:21 PM
I like the interest in Robert Quinn and Newton.

It would be a nightmare if we got Tebow.

kingJofNYC
04-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Too bad you can't trade players without a CBA, a deal won't get done anytime soon. Rumor is bunk for now.

FlyingDutchman
04-05-2011, 09:28 PM
sheez, another reliable source with a different story from someone else with another reliable source.

agreed its getting ridiculous....I didnt know that most front offices sit down over coffee with outsiders and discuss their draft desires as well as who theyd like trade back into the first round to get and blah blah blah....I understand people are looking for something to talk about, but people shouldnt believe all this crap coming out from "sources"...I dont care how credible someone might think their source is, its all opinions or BS

baalworship
04-05-2011, 09:33 PM
agreed its getting ridiculous....I didnt know that most front offices sit down over coffee with outsiders and discuss their draft desires as well as who theyd like trade back into the first round to get and blah blah blah....I understand people are looking for something to talk about, but people shouldnt believe all this crap coming out from "sources"...I dont care how credible someone might think their source is, its all opinions or BS

The interesting thing about this rumor is that it matches up with what the Bills said was their number one need in the draft. Improving the pass rush. Both Von Miller and Robert Quinn would play 3-4 OLB which is where the pass rush comes from in a 3-4 D.

It's also possible that the Newton interest is a smokescreen. Saying we are drafting him to appease fans sounds a bit dramatic. The Tebow thing is a nice touch as it cements the idea we are married to the idea of a running QB.

justasportsfan
04-05-2011, 10:38 PM

the worst ones are reliable sources that include trading players and there's no CBA in place.

Extremebillsfan247
04-05-2011, 10:38 PM
You know what I think? Carolina is going to surprise everyone and take Dareus. Because Denver wants Dareus, and Cincy wants Newton, Cincy will trade up to move passed the Bills to take Newton. Buffalo then takes a very hard look at Gabbert, Miller, or possibly trading out of that pick to a team somewhere in the top 10 because Nix is very high on JJ Watt from what I hear. But he would be a reach at 3. JMO

TigerJ
04-05-2011, 10:43 PM
The little interest in Peterson doesn't surprise me terribly, nor does Buffalo's greater interest in Newton than Gabbert. I would be a little surprised if Buffalo preferred Vom Miller to Dareus, but it wouldn't bowl me over completely. I'd be a little more surprised if they picked Quinn at #3. If they are interested in Quinn, I would think it more likely that they make a strong effort to trade down.

Fronczak had been in the draft business for a long time and I think he has more connections with Buffalo than he has a lot of other teams.

BertSquirtgum
04-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Buffalo Bills News- After speaking with a reliable NFL source over the weekend, I've learned that the Buffalo Bills have zero interst in LSU CB Patrick Peterson, and aren't as high on Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert as they are on Auburn QB Cam Newton. If Newton is off the board when it's time for the Bills to pick, the Bills might pass up Gabbert for Texas A&M OLB Von Miller or North Carolina DE/OLB Robert Quinn. Quinn could be a dark-horse pick for the Bills, especially if both Newton and Miller are off the board, since Bills' GM Buddy Nix was present at Quinn's pro day workout last week. Also, the Bills want to land a franchise-type quarterback as their new "face of the franchise" to put fans back into the seats, and if they make a play for Broncos' Qb Tim Tebow, like I pointed out, back on 01/03 in January's Draft News. Broncos' executive John Elway has gone out of his way to say that he doesn't believe Tebow is a franchise quarterback at this time, and my quess is he'd be more than happy to part ways with Tebow, if he can find a willing trade partner. The Bills were very high on Tebow coming out of the draft last year, which leads me to believe that he could still be in their plans, but only if they aren't able to land the quarterback that they are seeking in the draft.
-Al Fronczak

that is the most unreliable website on the internet

DraftBoy
04-06-2011, 07:30 AM

Nobody said people are believing it. Please keep in mind posting something is not the same as believing it. Its simply providing information to people.

jamze132
04-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Nobody said people are believing it. Please keep in mind posting something is not the same as believing it. Its simply providing information to people.
That's BS and you know it.

What I read on here from all the experts is gospel as far as I'm concerned. So far I have us trading #3 for the #12 and a 2nd. Then I have us trading the #12 and our 2nd to move to #4 and take the best kick returner available. We are also trading the best kicker we draft along with our new 2nd and 3rd to move back into the first and draft the best gunner available. No where in this very likely scenario is Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert mentioned.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Nobody said people are believing it. Please keep in mind posting something is not the same as believing it. Its simply providing information to people..

Exactly and in a time of no Free Agency and with the draft less than a month away, I enjoy this talk. It's all speculation but it's intriguing none the less.

Extremebillsfan247
04-06-2011, 09:36 AM
I believe what I heard yesterday, that the Bills are very high on JJ Watt because he is a high character guy, a trait they covet. He would be a reach at 3, and they know this. That leads me to believe that they are looking for any team between picks 7 and 12 to trade with. If they get that deal, not only do they have a legit shot at landing him, but add additional picks in the process which could turn out to be another 2nd rounder. If the Bills get 2 second rounders out of it, I would have to believe that one target would be TE Luke Stocker, or Kyle Rudolph. The second pick would most likely be a QB. Probably Locker, or Kaepernick depending on whether Locker falls that far or not. JMO

ublinkwescore
04-06-2011, 10:19 AM
I'd part ways with a 4th rounder for Tebow. or a scrub player or two.

SABURZFAN
04-07-2011, 04:49 PM
how the hell can anybody have zero interest in the best player in the draft? (Peterson)

i'm calling :bs:

Extremebillsfan247
04-07-2011, 08:22 PM
If we make any trade with Denver, it will more than likely be after the draft is completed. We have nothing that they could want when it comes to this particular draft.

Stewie
04-07-2011, 11:43 PM

everyone's reliably unreliable

acehole
04-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Tebow a great fit under fitz for a while...not a vagina like the last guy...having said that.. Whats fair? Draft chart people..have at it...

-Al Fronczak