PDA

View Full Version : JJ Watt and Da'Quan Bowers at One Bills Drive today

Coach Sal
04-06-2011, 09:43 AM
If you watched the show last night, you'll know why this is important. I haven't heard anything about them liking or not liking Bowers. I don't believe they think he's a fit (personally).

But I was told, as reported last night, Nix loves JJ Watt and may be the target if they trade down from 3.

Coach Sal
04-06-2011, 09:45 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/DEs-Bowers-and-Watt-at-One-Bills-Drive/8d169ad4-b6f4-46ca-8106-a71611ffe21b

TacklingDummy
04-06-2011, 09:54 AM
But I was told, as reported last night, Nix loves JJ Watt and may be the target if they trade down from 3.
That's the only reason I'd say they are in town.

Peterson is the only one that makes sense @ #3. If that's the case I'd like to see the Bills trade down and pick up another pick because I'd hate to see another secondary player picked in the 1st round.

k-oneputt
04-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Makes sense.....for the Bills way of thinking at least.

Watt should be a "solid" ten year NFL player.

Bowers could be a star if knee holds up.

At #3 I want a player that could be a star.

Coach Sal
04-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Makes sense.....for the Bills way of thinking at least.

Watt should be a "solid" ten year NFL player.

Bowers could be a star if knee holds up.

At #3 I want a player that could be a star.

You willing to invest the #3 pick and all that money on an "if the knee holds up" guy?

k-oneputt
04-06-2011, 10:24 AM
You willing to invest the #3 pick and all that money on an "if the knee holds up" guy?

no.
I think they are going Quinn and either Locker or Ponder with the 2nd pick.

k-oneputt
04-06-2011, 10:25 AM
I sure as hell don't want Watt or Jordan at #3.

Coach Sal
04-06-2011, 10:28 AM
no.
I think they are going Quinn and either Locker or Ponder with the 2nd pick.

Me neither. I loved Bowers before the season started and even more as the season went on.

But as the draft gets closer, and the news of the injury, and the fact that I think he's almost an exclusive 4-3 DE, I don't want him to be the pick. I think he'll be a good NFL player, but better somewhere else than with the Bills.

I could see the team drafting as you laid out. Funny thing is I haven't personally heard anything regarding Quinn, but others have and say they've heard Nix likes him a lot......and sometimes the less I hear a guy's name the more I think there's interest. It's the time of year for that.

Coach Sal
04-06-2011, 10:29 AM
I sure as hell don't want Watt or Jordan at #3.

I was told Nix thinks #3 is too high for Watt, and that's why they'd like someone to really love one of the QBs and be able to move down to about 10 and grab him there.

Saratoga Slim
04-06-2011, 10:30 AM
The sheer number of guys that we've had make a trip to OBD is very encouraging. I like the feel of due diligence. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I really don't remember this volume of visits in past years.

Maybe with the labor issues, Nix & Gailey simply have more time for this stuff.

k-oneputt
04-06-2011, 10:33 AM
I was told Nix thinks #3 is too high for Watt, and that's why they'd like someone to really love one of the QBs and be able to move down to about 10 and grab him there.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen either. They will get an extra pick but Watt or Jordan don't do it for me. solid guys and players but I don't see the star quality in either.

I never bought the Newton talk. I agree that they were talking him up to try and trade out of three.
We could all be wrong but that's how I see it right now.

DesertFox24
04-06-2011, 12:26 PM
You know what if they like JJ Watt that much and they can not trade down from 3, then I say take JJ Watt at 3.

Who cares about value if the guy can become a player then do it. Now if they do not accept a trade down offer to 7 or 10 (a fair offer) then I will be mad, but if JJ Watt is the best player on their board then do it.

Look at last year the Jags took Alualu and now they have a really good player to play one of the most important positions in a 43 the 3 technique.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-06-2011, 05:44 PM

obviously we would get an additional 2nd, is there a chance we can get a 3rd also?

Coach Sal
04-07-2011, 08:34 AM
obviously we would get an additional 2nd, is there a chance we can get a 3rd also?

Would depend on how far they drop.

Dropping a couple spots probably nets an extra 2nd.

Dropping to 8-10 MAY net another pick somewhere (like a 5th or 6th)

Dropping out of top 10 pmay get another 3rd or 4th.