X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Guapo
    • May 2007

Buddy Nix on Local Radio Show in Birmingham, AL

He is from here, but the focus of the segment was Cam Newton. Said he has disregarded the Pro Football Weekly article about Cam. Blew off the whole article because the guy has no basis for his opinions.

Said they do look at position of need, in conjunction with BPA. They will not look soley at who is the BPA at their pick. Interesting comment on that was, and I am paraphrasing here -- "If you are San Diego and you have Rivers, you don't take a QB, even if a QB is the BPA." He did not use the Bills in that example. Hmmmm.

Gabbert was never mentioned.

Commented briefly on Dareus and Fairley. Said both were good players. He said Von Miller will be a good player if he can stay healthy (is he injury prone?).

For what it's worth...
    A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?
  • PromoTheRobot
    • Sep 2003

Re: Buddy Nix on Local Radio Show in Birmingham, AL

Nix is not about to insult Newton on an Alabama station. Even if you don't draft Newton, you may draft a guy who is repped by Newton's agent. So it's never a good idea to burn bridges.

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by El Guapo
      He is from here, but the focus of the segment was Cam Newton. Said he has disregarded the Pro Football Weekly article about Cam. Blew off the whole article because the guy has no basis for his opinions.

Said they do look at position of need, in conjunction with BPA. They will not look soley at who is the BPA at their pick. Interesting comment on that was, and I am paraphrasing here -- "If you are San Diego and you have Rivers, you don't take a QB, even if a QB is the BPA." He did not use the Bills in that example. Hmmmm.

Commented briefly on Dareus and Fairley. Said both were good players. He said Von Miller will be a good player if he can stay healthy (is he injury prone?).
      For what it's worth...
      Concern about his size. He's 6'3, 243 but he's got very thin legs. Not a huge concern for me. He's played in 47 of 51 games in his career and hasnt missed one since week 6 of his Freshman year.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
        Nix is not about to insult Newton on an Alabama station. Even if you don't draft Newton, you may draft a guy who is repped by Newton's agent. So it's never a good idea to burn bridges.

PTR
        They're not going to burn bridges with any prospect anywhere.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

"I heard about the article that the guy wrote in Pro Football Weekly, and to be honest with you, when I heard him say he'd never met the guy, that was the last I paid any attention to it," Nix said.

Asked to discuss his own impressions of Newton's character, Nix was predictably vague, but did offer up one interesting nugget.

"I wouldn't discuss his character publicly either way, but I will say this to you: he has been a guy that has been a good leader everywhere he's been," Nix said. "I've never heard anything like the guy reported about his relationship with his teammates or in the locker room. That's about as far as I'd go about his character."

Bills GM Buddy Nix isn't putting a lot of stock in the scathing Pro Football Weekly scouting report on Auburn QB Cam Newton.

Comment

• tampabay25690
            • Feb 2004

For what it's worth...
            I listened to it as well....
            It was interesting to hear him say he went to Texas A@M before the season, saw him at the Sr bowl and had him to OBD.....
            Never have anything away. You can tell he know alot about the South guys. Has alot of insight Im sure about Cam.......He did say that he has talked to others about CAM and No one has said that he wasn't a good leader.....
            Good interview though
            GO Gators!!!!!!
            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

For what it's worth...
              What? But there are some on this board who keep saying that you HAVE to take the BPA? Pretty much is how I feel about it...you take BPA at your position of need when you're picking this high. The differences between the players at the top of the draft are minimal.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                What? But there are some on this board who keep saying that you HAVE to take the BPA? Pretty much is how I feel about it...you take BPA at your position of need when you're picking this high. The differences between the players at the top of the draft are minimal.
                The reason some say you take BPA is because we have so many positions of need that you have tons of options on who to take.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  The reason some say you take BPA is because we have so many positions of need that you have tons of options on who to take.
                  But you don't take a position that is arguably the least impactful of any in terms of turning around a defense...CB. That's just stupid talk...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

But you don't take a position that is arguably the least impactful of any in terms of turning around a defense...CB. That's just stupid talk...
                    Id love to see you argue the merits of impact, but it would be pointless. Both pass rush and cover corners provide great value.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

at least they are not talking the wr anymore.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

For what it's worth...
                        Apparently that doesn't apply if you are San Diego and you already have Brees.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by YardRat
                          Apparently that doesn't apply if you are San Diego and you already have Brees.
                          Brees wasn't Brees then.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Id love to see you argue the merits of impact, but it would be pointless. Both pass rush and cover corners provide great value.
                            No, pass rushers are much more impactful when rebuilding a defense from how bad the Bills is.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

No, pass rushers are much more impactful when rebuilding a defense from how bad the Bills is.
                              You just changed your entire statement from impact on a defense, to now impact on a rebuilding defense.

Regardless of that I still disagree about how much more of an impact they have. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X