PDA

View Full Version : New jerseys have to be unveiled before draft

The King
04-07-2011, 09:43 AM
I was thinking about the new uniforms like always... The Bills have already told fans about them, most players have already seen them, but as of right now we're still in the dark. This can't go on much longer.

There's a good chance that whoever the Bills take at #3 will be in attendance at the draft which means they'll be introduced by Goodell and handed a jersey etc... why would they give him a jersey we all know is outdated... also whats the first thing teams do after the draft... those jerseys are available for purchase online almost immediately, why would the Bills hold off and risk losing cash? You have to figure they will strike why the iron is hot.

I'd be willing to bet we will hear some news on the new uniforms over the next week or so.

Also I think the last uniform decision was made after the draft Mike Williams was drafted with the Royal Blue uniform.
http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2009/04/mike-williams-bills-043009.jpg

trapezeus
04-07-2011, 09:47 AM
i guess one reason to delay it is to get people to buy a couple dark navy jersey's. then do the switch come june, and have people buy jersey's all over again. diabolical?

this is all made harder with the fact players names can't be on jersey's during the strike/lockout.

The King
04-07-2011, 09:50 AM
I didnt realize they couldnt print any names on jerseys... especially since every team still has there shops running. So the rookies would fall in limbo... while Aaron Schobel gear sells for a cool $48

mikemac2001
04-07-2011, 10:43 AM
I didnt realize they couldnt print any names on jerseys... especially since every team still has there shops running. So the rookies would fall in limbo... while Aaron Schobel gear sells for a cool $48

China can tho

FlyingDutchman
04-07-2011, 11:17 AM
If I remember right when they introduced the crap jerseys we have now it wasnt til like June at a fan appreciation day

Buddo
04-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Not only that, but the logistics might be a bit tricky - as they won't be able to put any current players in the jersey, either.

Raptor
04-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I wouldnt expect anything till June, late May at the earliest

Danny Duberstein
04-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Hmm....interesting topic.

You're right. They'll lose out on a lot of sales right after the draft. Even if they can't put the player names on the jersey, they'd still let you pre-order.

Night Train
04-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I heard the NFL is doing away with numbers on jerseys and replacing them with $$ on every jersey,front & back.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-11-2011, 09:50 AM
the fact players names can't be on jersey's during the strike/lockout.
What are you talking about? I've never heard this dubious claim before.

madness
04-11-2011, 11:53 AM
I looked up about 4-5 teams who had changed uniforms or unveiled an alternate jersey recently and all of them were done at their respective draft party on draft day.

Will the Bills follow suit?