PDA

View Full Version : Bills Team Needs Heading into Draft

CleveSteve
04-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Hey Bills fans,

I'm representing the Bills in a mock draft on a Cleveland Browns message board and I want to make sure I have the needs right. This is what I was thinking in order of priority for you guys:

1) 3-4 DE
2) 3-4 OLB/pass rusher
3) QB
4) ILB
5) TE
6) RT
7) Secondary Depth

As far as draft strategy goes, I was thinking this:

1st round: Draft Dareus if available and trade down to 6-12 if he's not, drafting JJ Watt and picking up another 2nd-rounder
2nd round: Drafting the best available 3-4 OLB if the value is there. I'm hoping for Brooks Reed. If I traded down, I'd hope to take Martez Wilson with the second 2nd if he's available, and if not, then target the next best QB available, with the order Ponder, Mallett, Kaepernick, Locker.
3rd round: Take a QB if I didn't take one in the second. If I did take a QB in the 2nd, I'd be looking at the LBs if a good one was available. This should also be a good value spot for RTs (Cannon and Carpenter)and TEs (all of them), but that's where I want to get your feedback on priorities.
4th round: Here I'm looking at McCarthy or Matthews at ILB if I didn't get Wilson in the 2nd. If all those spots are filled then I'm moving on to RT (maybe James Brewer), but realistically, our draft won't go this long before the actual one starts.

So, what do you guys think? Any suggestions? Any players the Bills seem to have their eyes on? Anyone you guys see as worth trading up to get?

Buffalo Thriller
04-07-2011, 09:20 PM
QB in the 2nd if we trade down for Watt, otherwise very solid.

YardRat
04-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Unless somebody unexpectedly drops into the second, I'd lower QB below ILB and OT. That being said, I believe if Ponder is available at 34 they'll take him.

cookie G
04-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Tackle is a lot higher than a 6th priority, but then, that's how the Bills have always seen it. That's why we get guys in the lower rounds and are looking for street free agents by week 5.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-08-2011, 05:35 AM
All of the above

tampabay25690
04-08-2011, 05:40 AM
Really any position besides RB and WR are huge needs IMO....
But you hit the major ones...

Extremebillsfan247
04-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Here is what I think will happen going only into the first 2 rounds because the rest is even more of a toss up than those 2. Because there is no free agency this year before the draft, it will completely change the complexity and unwritten rules about the game of how a pick is selected and why. Because of that here is how my first 2 rounds shape up.

1. There is no way Dareus gets by Denver. In fact, I'm one of the few who think Carolina will surprise everyone and take him #1 overall. That will leave Denver with out their guy. Cincy is sure to want Newton, and at that point might decide to jump ahead of Buffalo to get him. That would mean Denver picking after us unless we trade out too. There is probably a team in the top 10 who really likes Patrick Peterson, and will feel once Denver has traded back, that he may be the guy they want. So Buffalo gets a deal, moves back, gets a 2nd number 2. That team takes Peterson, Denver then ends up with either Fairly, Bowers, or Miller. So, in that scenario, if Cam Jordan is still on the board, that will be Buffalo's pick. If Jordan isn't there, they go with Watt.

2. This is where it gets tricky. It's still unclear which TE they like more between Rudolph, and Stocker, but I think it's pretty safe to say that they end up taking one of these guys at #34 if they have a 2nd choice in the 2nd, and the episode described in round one unfolds. That second pick is almost certainly going to be a QB. That QB will be one of 3, either Ponder, Locker, or Kaepernick.

3. From that point on it's a crap shoot at best. There are far too many variables before these picks to make predicting them pretty much impossible at this point. JMO.

Luisito23
04-08-2011, 07:43 AM
They're just messing with your head...

ddaryl
04-08-2011, 09:26 AM
you did your homework well. Pretty solid and on target

Bangarang
04-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Just ask the fans of the Buffalo Bills. Trading out of the 3rd overall pick in the draft has never been so easy.

better days
04-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Just ask the fans of the Buffalo Bills. Trading out of the 3rd overall pick in the draft has never been so easy.

It should be much easier than years past because there will be a rookie cap in place before any draft pick is signed.

PTI
04-08-2011, 10:47 AM
QB
DE
OT
LB

NOT THE DUDE...
04-08-2011, 12:54 PM
2 DE
2 ILB
TE
CB
S
OT
QB

CleveSteve
04-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks John, I was wondering if more than one guy was needed at any of those positions. The Browns are in a similar position that they need 2 DEs (4-3 DEs, however.)

Pinkerton Security
04-08-2011, 01:22 PM
1a) DT
1b) DE
1c) LB
1d) OT
1e) OG
1f) CB
1g) QB

lets just say we have a lot of needs

Ingtar33
04-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Hey Bills fans,

I'm representing the Bills in a mock draft on a Cleveland Browns message board and I want to make sure I have the needs right. This is what I was thinking in order of priority for you guys:

1) 3-4 DE
2) 3-4 OLB/pass rusher
3) QB
4) ILB
5) TE
6) RT
7) Secondary Depth

its easier to list team needs as tiers... with tier 1 positions lacking even nfl starter talent or even depth, tier 2 needs being positions which may have nfl quality backups or depth, but which need a better starter, and tier 3 being positions with nfl quality players if not the depth or quality that would be ideal.

the bills needs are as follows.

Tier 1: LT, RT, DE, ILB, OLB, TE
Tier 2: QB, NT, SS
Tier 3: CB, FS, WR

Generally if i was in the bills draft room my desire would be for all the picks going to the OT or defensive front 7... Unfortunately the bills front office doesn't agree with me much so they'll be sure to draft RBs, WRs, CBs and Kick Returners as usual this year, with special bonus points going to double or triple use players who can play wr/rb and kick returner.

a surefire dead giveaway for which skill position player the Bills will be interested in would be the ones listed as a threat in the KR/PR game.

justasportsfan
04-09-2011, 10:42 AM
its easier to list team needs as tiers... with tier 1 positions lacking even nfl starter talent or even depth, tier 2 needs being positions which may have nfl quality backups or depth, but which need a better starter, and tier 3 being positions with nfl quality players if not the depth or quality that would be ideal.

the bills needs are as follows.

Tier 1: LT, RT, DE, ILB, OLB, TE
Tier 2: QB, NT, SS
Tier 3: CB, FS, WR

Generally if i was in the bills draft room my desire would be for all the picks going to the OT or defensive front 7... Unfortunately the bills front office doesn't agree with me much so they'll be sure to draft RBs, WRs, CBs and Kick Returners as usual this year, with special bonus points going to double or triple use players who can play wr/rb and kick returner.

a surefire dead giveaway for which skill position player the Bills will be interested in would be the ones listed as a threat in the KR/PR game.

you may not have liked who they drafted but they drafted DL with last years 2nd pick and went on to draft lber's and DE's in the later rd's.

djjimkelly
04-09-2011, 10:47 AM
one word for needs

everything

except punter and kicker

cookie G
04-09-2011, 11:15 AM
It can be summed up in 3 words... stronger, faster, meaner.

Guys who can beat up people.

Its been their biggest need for a while.

What are the results when you get someone like that?

Before the Lions game last year, someone on our site made the comment..."who's going to contain Suh?"

I posted a pic of Eric Wood, and said "that's why we drafted this guy".

The Bills ran for 150 yards that day, averaging about 5 YPC. Suh had like one tackle, and paying attention to the match up, Wood won it hands down.

We need more Eric Wood types on both sides of the ball.

CleveSteve
04-09-2011, 11:23 AM
sounds like JJ Watt to me, G

k-oneputt
04-09-2011, 11:26 AM
I like the stronger and meaner parts. Add Bigger.

speed wise I think this team is alright.

Robert Quinn. Play opposite of Merriman, find a BIG run stuffing ilb to go along with Poz....

cookie G
04-09-2011, 11:35 AM
I like the stronger and meaner parts. Add Bigger.

speed wise I think this team is alright.

Robert Quinn. Play opposite of Merriman, find a BIG run stuffing ilb to go along with Poz....

Its tough to be clear in 3 words.

But when I say speed, I mean speed among the bigger, meaner players. They're out there. Quinn is a good example. Big players with speed.

Luisito23
04-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Robert Quinn is another pick that will really piss me off...:censored:

cookie G
04-09-2011, 11:42 AM
sounds like JJ Watt to me, G

I've really warmed up to him and would have no problem with him taken if the Bills trade down. I posted before that his measurables compare favorably to Mario Williams.

As others have mentioned, he needs some work with some technique issues, but keep in mind that he's only played the position for 2 years. Not too many people end up with 21 TFL's in their 2nd year of playing a new position.

As a pass rusher, his stats improved dramatically over the previous year. Sacks weren't huge, but pressures and knockdowns were.

If you have him, Kyle Williams and Merriman penetrating into the backfield, you might see a few less cutback runs on the Bills D.

Still like Dareus better, though.

CleveSteve
04-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Our draft started today, Gabbert went first and it looks like Dareus will go second. Right now, Dallas is the only team which has expressed interest in moving up to #3. I thought Arizona would be calling to move up, but he only wanted Gabbert (and not Newton) so he is trying to move down as well. I'm trying to get Dallas to give me their rd#1, rd#2, and rd#3 to move up to #3 but no response yet.

How would you guys feel about Dallas' #9, their second and their third to move down from #3?

Mindbender
04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Our draft started today, Gabbert went first and it looks like Dareus will go second. Right now, Dallas is the only team which has expressed interest in moving up to #3. I thought Arizona would be calling to move up, but he only wanted Gabbert (and not Newton) so he is trying to move down as well. I'm trying to get Dallas to give me their rd#1, rd#2, and rd#3 to move up to #3 but no response yet.

How would you guys feel about Dallas' #9, their second and their third to move down from #3?

I'd be ecstatic if this were real.

CleveSteve
04-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Well guys, it hasn't played out as I expected. I just picked at 68, and here's how it's gone down so far:

Dareus went #2. I tried. I tried REALLY HARD to trade down. One guy repping the Cowboys said he wanted to trade up and what would it take? I told him the DVC says 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and he never got back to me with a counter-offer. I tried to move down to AZ, to TEN, to DAL, and to WAS, and none of them would bite. I tried for just a second, then I tried for just a third. I got nothing. I took JJ Watt.

BEFORE YOU CRUCIFY ME

Turns out, it was a darned good thing that I did. The first 33 picks saw Dareus, Watt, Quinn, Fairley, Bowers, Jordan, Kerrigan, Heyward, Smith, Liuget, Clayborn, Wilkerson, and Ballard all get taken. The only other Day 1 or 2 prospect left at 3-4DE was Allen Bailey, and that would have been a big reach at 34 with all his question marks about effort and instincts. He ended up getting taken mid-round by the raiders, so he wouldn't have been an option in the third. I ended up feeling good about that pick.

When #34 rolled around, only 2 QBs had been taken and I felt like I needed more ammunition in the draft, so I solicited seattle, tennessee, and minnesota to trade down so they could come up and get their QB since Houston, Ayers, Reed, M. Wilson were all still available. I got Minnesota's 4th to move down to #43 but I really wanted Reed. I ended up swapping our 6th for one of Washington's 7ths to jump up to #41 to pick Brooks Reed ahead of Houston. I consider that a win.

When the picks started coming off the board in the second, I was feeling really good about how the draft was going. People just kept plucking prospects off the board I wasn't interested in besides Ponder going #49 to JAX. We got all the way down to #57 and there were so many picks on the board I wanted in the third I was thinking I was going to try to trade down again in the 3rd and pick up a fourth 4th, then taking two of those fourths and moving back into the third. Then, Seattle picked Kapernick. Darnit. Fine. The ridiculous 1st round run on tackles (Smith #9, Castonzo #13, Carimi #15, Sherrod #21, Solder #22, Ijalana #23) had really sunk the value out of the tackles for a while in the draft, but value was creeping back up to where the picks were. I thought I was looking at a belly full of tackles when the third came around, hopefully snagging two of them with my two-3rds strategy. Then, Cannon went #59. Darnit. Then Franklin went #62! Crap! THEN JAMES CARPENTER WENT #63!

Now, all of a sudden I was faced with really reaching for Brewer or Gilbert high in the third to help fill the need at OT (I think Love and Pinkston will end up getting kicked inside to OG.) I sent out trade solicitations again to Miami, Tenn, and Oakland again because there were two QBs left. I didn't hear anything back, so I took Ryan Mallett in the third because the value was just too good. He's the most talented passer in the draft and a third rounder I think is a good risk level for his tremendous talent. You may say "there's no way he'll be there in the third in the real draft" but that's probably what you (and I) would have said about McCoy at this point last year.

The good news we've got 3 picks in the 4th now and I plan on taking a tackle (Brewer or Gilbert), an ILB (or 2 -- McCarthy, Sheppard, Irving, Wright, Foster all still available), and if only 1 LB, try to get Lawrence Guy to put on the other side of Watt. It will probably be a while, but I wanted to give an update in case anyone was interested and to *shudder* get your feedback.

CleveSteve
04-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Btw, here's the link if you want to see how all the picks have played out.

http://www.dawgtalkers.net/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/805620/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

Mindbender
04-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Huge reach. Pray it doesn't happen. Another reason mocks stink. I'm comfortable saying that Mallett won't reach the 3rd round.

Extremebillsfan247
04-18-2011, 03:06 PM
In all reality, it's going to be extremely difficult to trade out of number 3 with no CBA in effect. No CBA means no rookie cap or wage scale. So, not only will a team have to give up a lot to move up to 3, but they will in all likely hood pay a lot for that rookie once a CBA is in place because the rookie wage scale isn't likely to take effect if there even is one until 2012. That means the agents for these rookies are going to try and squeeze every dime out of their clients teams as it is possible.

For the trade partner, that almost certainly means losing a draft pick, taking on a possible large contract, with uncertainty about what the new salary cap will look like, and whether they can afford take on a salary often granted to a number 3 overall pick. That's going to make trades difficult. It's going to take a team that is extremely desperate for a prospect to want to call up Nix and make a deal knowing the risks that are involved. JMO

CleveSteve
04-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Just wanted to give an update. The third round took forever. I ended up trading back in to the bottom of the third round twice since Grren Bay was coming up in the bottom of the third and still hadn't selected a lineman, as well as Arizona having two picks in the top of the fourth and Cleveland there as well. Arizona had also made it known they wanted to trade up. These were the trades:

Buffalo gives #106 (acquired from Minnesota for trading down in the second) and #133 to Pittsburgh for #95, selecting Marcus Gilbert, OT Florida.

Buffalo gives #100 and #206 to Green Bay for #96, selecting James Brewer, OT Indiana.

So I'm left with two picks, #122 and #224 (acquired from Washington). McCarthy, Sheppard, KJ Wright, and Herzlich are all still available and we're currently on pick #104, so I'll probably be able to get one of those guys to put in at ILB.

Right now, this is who I've drafted:

DE JJ Watt
OLB Brooks Reed
QB Ryan Mallett
OT Marcus Gilbert
OT James Brewer

btw, I was hoping to get Ellis but he was gone one pick before I traded up. Powe was already gone, too, so I felt ok not picking up a NT since all the difference-makers there were gone.

psubills62
04-22-2011, 08:58 AM
How did you get rid of the compensatory 7th? Or are you not doing the compensatory picks in this draft for some reason?

While I understand wanting to get certain players, I don't think that going from 9 to 7 picks is a good idea for this team.

Not bad, I would have preferred Jordan to Watt and I'm not a huge fan of Mallett, but the 3rd round isn't terrible for him.

CleveSteve
04-22-2011, 09:31 AM
How did you get rid of the compensatory 7th? Or are you not doing the compensatory picks in this draft for some reason?

While I understand wanting to get certain players, I don't think that going from 9 to 7 picks is a good idea for this team.

Not bad, I would have preferred Jordan to Watt and I'm not a huge fan of Mallett, but the 3rd round isn't terrible for him.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I know some prefer Jordan to Watt. I like Watt's demeanor and strength.

Oh yeah! I didn't see the compensatory pick. Thanks! :D: We are including them and we're not trading them. (also not trading any players b/c of lack of CBA).

I was hesitant to trade away the 5th-rounder to move from 106 to 95, but I felt based on the feedback I got in this thread that you guys wanted two OTs. There were no surefire starting-quality LTs left, but I think both of these guys have the potential to start at LT. To me, they were the last two guys who had the ability to play either left side or right, and that the team would be able to settle in to whatever combination worked out best, whether it be Gilbert LT and Brewer at RT, or Gilbert at RT, leave Bell at LT, and have a backup who could play on either side, or kick Gilbert into guard and put Brewer at RT... I really liked the depth and flexibility these guys provide, as opposed to taking Jah Reid or someone like that in the fifth who can only play RT, or taking Hairston in the seventh because he's got a body that can play on either side, but his skills aren't nearly as far along as either of these guys. that was my thinking anyways.

I didn't however, feel bad about dropping the seventh rounder. Most of those guys, realistically, end up on the practice squad never to be seen again.

remember, I really only lost 1 pick b/c of the extra 4th I got trading down in the 2nd.

And I had similar feelings on Mallett. I had wanted to take Cannon or Carpenter there, but they were both gone. mallett was just too good a value and I didn't want to reach for an ILB or the next tackle there. Well, I'm set at tackle now and there are still 4 good ILB prospects left with 20 picks until my next selection. All I really missed out on here was a Lawrence Guy and some likely camp fodder in the 7th, so I feel good about it.

psubills62
04-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I know some prefer Jordan to Watt. I like Watt's demeanor and strength.

Oh yeah! I didn't see the compensatory pick. Thanks! :D: We are including them and we're not trading them. (also not trading any players b/c of lack of CBA).

I was hesitant to trade away the 5th-rounder to move from 106 to 95, but I felt based on the feedback I got in this thread that you guys wanted two OTs. There were no surefire starting-quality LTs left, but I think both of these guys have the potential to start at LT. To me, they were the last two guys who had the ability to play either left side or right, and that the team would be able to settle in to whatever combination worked out best, whether it be Gilbert LT and Brewer at RT, or Gilbert at RT, leave Bell at LT, and have a backup who could play on either side, or kick Gilbert into guard and put Brewer at RT... I really liked the depth and flexibility these guys provide, as opposed to taking Jah Reid or someone like that in the fifth who can only play RT, or taking Hairston in the seventh because he's got a body that can play on either side, but his skills aren't nearly as far along as either of these guys. that was my thinking anyways.

I didn't however, feel bad about dropping the seventh rounder. Most of those guys, realistically, end up on the practice squad never to be seen again.

remember, I really only lost 1 pick b/c of the extra 4th I got trading down in the 2nd.

And I had similar feelings on Mallett. I had wanted to take Cannon or Carpenter there, but they were both gone. mallett was just too good a value and I didn't want to reach for an ILB or the next tackle there. Well, I'm set at tackle now and there are still 4 good ILB prospects left with 20 picks until my next selection. All I really missed out on here was a Lawrence Guy and some likely camp fodder in the 7th, so I feel good about it.
Yeah, I can understand your reasoning. Nobody's going to like all the same guys at those spots. Overall, decent job so far of filling needs, just need to get that ILB now.

I'm struggling with the 2 OT things. We certainly need 2, but if we end up taking our first one relatively late, I think I'd rather just get one RT, plug him in for the season and wait to try and get a stud OT next year. Only because we have so many holes. And while the 7th rounders might not make the team, I wouldn't be so sure, could get someone like Mario Harvey or Cobrani Mixon at ILB who could definitely contribute.

CleveSteve
04-26-2011, 12:27 AM
So as you can probably understand, our draft hit a few hiccups this past weekend and round 4 has gone very slowly. I just made pick #122 and took Colin McCarthy, ILB Miami.

I have two picks (#224 & #245) left that we almost certainly aren't going to get to. I would probably have taken Chris White, ILB Miss St. and Byron Maxwell, CB Clemson depending on who was left.

So, in summary, these are the players I came away with:

#3 (1st) JJ Watt, DE Wisconsin
#41 (2nd) Brooks Reed, OLB Arizona
#68 (3rd) Ryan Mallett, QB Arkansas
#95 (3rd) Marcus Gilbert, OT Florida
#96 (3rd) James Brewer, OT Indiana
#122 (4th) Colin McCarthy, ILB Miami
#224 (7th) unpicked
#245 (7th) unpicked

My only regret is panicking and taking Mallett instead of just taking Kenrick Ellis there in the 3rd round. I think this draft would have been an absolute home run had he been the pick there.

I tried to balance players available with team needs. If, for example, I had taken Von Miller or Robert Quinn at #3, then I'd have had two options to give you guys a DE:
1) draft Allen Bailey at the top of the second round or
2) take Lawrence "Just a" Guy at #122 or #133

I knew there would be more hybrid DE/OLB talent available at #34 than at 5T so I had to take Watt or Jordan there if I were going to significantly upgrade two positions. In fact, there were so many hybrid guys left at #34 that I was able to trade down and pick up another 4th.

My plan going in had been to target those two guys in rounds 1 and 2 if Dareus was gone, but I thought I'd be able to trade down from 3 and get another 2nd day pick or two. I wasn't able to get the pick so I just stuck with my guy to make sure I could fill that need. I thought I was going to get my RT in the top of the third taking Cannon or Carpenter, but they were both gone. At that point there were no tackles worth that spot, and I thought Mallett was just too good a value to pass on. I really should have taken Ellis though.

Trading back up into the third round twice was expensive. It cost me the #100 + #209 and #106 + #133, but there were three picks for teams still needing OTs (PIT, AZ, GB) between the traded-into pick and my initial picks, and there were only two guys left that I felt had starter ability on either side of the line. There were another two picks between my two early 4s (AZ again and CLE) which seemed likely to pick an OT as well. Actually, the guy I ended up taking #95 from had to reach for Chris Hairston at #106, so I consider that a major win. I know you guys don't like dropping picks, even late-rounders, but I picked up some major talent for your team here.

This is a minimum of 4 starters with a solid likelihood of 6 starters without trading away any future picks or players. When is the last time a Bills draft went like that?

Most importantly, I think it deserves emphasis that I didn't necessarily take the BPA at every pick. I looked at who was available at positions I was looking to upgrade, and tried to determine the drop-offs in talent from this pick to my next pick at those positions. I also wanted to think "am I improving this position with this pick?" I think it is clear that in the first year, DE, OLB, ILB, RT are all significant improvements, and there is a possibility that QB and LT are improved as well. The depth of QB and OT has improved greatly.

Anyway, it was fun doing this and I want to thank you guys again for your input and advice. I tried to stay true to the needs you guys gave me and hope the draft goes well for you guys.

CleveSteve
04-26-2011, 12:37 AM
I'm posting the full draft that we did for anyone who is interested. Yes, there was a totally ridiculous pick at the end of the first round, but that was the only one that really didn't make sense.

Round 1

1. Carolina (2-14) - 214dawg -- QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri
2. Denver (4-12) - wojo_dew DT/DE Marcel Dareus, Alabama -- via proxy
3. Buffalo (4-12) - CleveSteve --DE JJ Watt, Wisconsin
4. Cincinnati (4-12) Tubby_Dawg--QB Cam Newton, Auburn
5. Arizona (5-11) - cfrs15---------------OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M
6. Cleveland (5-11) - hotbyoungturk - CB Patrick Peterson, LSU
7. San Francisco (6-10) 4yikes2yoshi0 - DE Robert Quinn, UNC
8. Tennessee (6-10) no_logo_required - DT Nick Fairley, Auburn
9. Dallas (6-10) moon - OT, Tyron Smith, USC
10. Washington (6-10) vadawgfan07 - WR A.J. Green, Georgia.
11. Houston (6-10) - lampdogg - CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska
12. Minnesota (6-10) Chinchilla7222 - DE Daquan Bowers, Clemson
13. Detroit (6-10)............ ClayM57 - OT Anthony Castonzo Boston College
14. St. Louis (7-9) Heldawg - WR Julio Jones, Alabama
15. Miami (7-9) - Delray85 - OT Gabe Carimi Wisconsin
16. Jacksonville (8-8) - 214dawg - DE Cameron Jordan California
17. New England - via-Oak (8-8) - Cleveland_clutch - DE/OLB Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue
18. San Diego (9-7) - ChargerDawg - DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State
19. New York Giants (10-6) - PeteyDanger - RB Mark Ingram
20. Tampa Bay (10-6) - vadawgfan07 - DE Aldon Smith, Missouri
21. Kansas City* (10-6) - hiro Derek Sherrod OL Mississippi St
22. Indianapolis* (10-6) - canadadawg - OT Nate Solder, Colorado -- via proxy
23. Philadelphia* (10-6) - Frenchy - OL Ben Ijalana, Villanova
24. New Orleans* (11-5) - Browns Lifer - DT Corey Liuget, Illlinois
25. Arizona (5-11) - cfrs15 - TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame
26. Baltimore* (12-4) - BradAzz - CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado
27. Atlanta* (13-3) - Chinchilla7222 - WR Torrey Smith, Maryland
28. New England* (14-2) - Cleveland_clutch - OG/C Mike Pouncey, Florida
29. Green Bay* (10-6) - BUCKEYED11 - DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa
30. New York Jets* (11-5) - PeteyDanger DE/DT Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple
31. Pittsburgh* (12-4) - Tubby Dawg - LB Casey Matthews, Oregon
32. Chicago* (11-5) - Punchsmack - CB Brandon Harris, Miami

Second Round

Pick (overall) Team
1 (33) NEP (from Carolina) - Cleveland_Clutch - Christian Ballard, DT Iowa
2 (34) Minnesota Vikings - Chinchilla7222 Jake Locker, QB, Wash
3 (35) Cincinnati Bengals - CleveSteve WR Jonathan Baldwin, Pitt
4 (36) Denver Broncos - wojo_dew Aaron Williams, CB, Texas ---- via proxy
5 (37) Cleveland Browns - turk - Justin Houston, DE, Georgia
6 (38) Seattle Seahawks - cwlb - Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
7 (39) Tennessee Titans - no_logo_required - Davon House, CB, New Mexico
8 (40) Dallas Cowboys - Akeem Ayers, OLB - UCLA
9 (41) Buffalo Bills - CleveSteve Brooks Reed, LB - Arizona
10 (42) Houston Texans - lampdogg/no_logo_required Martez Wilson, LB - Illinois
11 (43) Washington Redskins - vadawgfan07 Phil Taylor,DL,Baylor
12 (44) Detroit Lions - ClayM57 ILB Greg Jones MICH. St.
13 (45) San Francisco 49ers - 4yikes2yoshi0 CB Ras-I Dowling, UVA
14 (46) Denver (from Miami) - wojo_dew DT Marvin Austin, UNC
15 (47) St. Louis Rams - Heldawg Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA
16 (48) Oakland Raiders - Cleveland_Clutch Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
17 (49) Jacksonville Jaguars - 214dawg QB Christian Ponder Florida State
18 (50) San Diego Chargers - ChargerDawg Danny Watkins - Baylor
19 (51) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - vadawgfan07-Bruce Carter,LB, North Carolina
20 (52) New York Giants - PeteyDanger - Clint Boling, OT/OG Georgia
21 (53) Indianapolis Colts - canadadawg - Rodney Hudson C/OG, FSU
22 (54) Philadelphia Eagles - Frenchy Stefen Wisniewski, C/G, Penn State
23 (55) Kansas City Chiefs - hiro Jabaal Sheard OLB Pitt
24 (56) New Orleans Saints - Browns Lifer - Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois
25 (57) Seattle Seahawks - clwb419 - Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
26 (58) Baltimore Ravens - BradAzz - Titus Young, WR, Boise State
27 (59) Atlanta Falcons - Chinchilla7222 - Marcus Cannon, OT/G, TCU
28 (60) New England Patriots - Cleveland_Clutch - Hankerson - WR - Miami
29 (61) San Diego Chargers (from NY Jets) - ChargerDawg - Quinton Carter - S - Oklahoma
30 (62) Chicago Bears - Punchsmack - OT Orlando Franklin, Miami
31 (63) Pittsburgh Steelers - moon James Carpenter OG Alabama
32 (64) Green Bay Packers - Buckeyed11 - Kendall Hunter, RB, OkSt

Round 3

Pick (overall) Team
1 (65) Carolina Panthers - 214Dawg - DE Sam Acho Texas
2 (66) Cincinnati Bengals - CleveSteve - CB Chimdi Chekwa, Ohio State
3 (67) Denver Broncos - wojo_dew - TE Luke Stocker, Tennessee
4 (68) Buffalo Bills - CleveSteve - QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas
5 (69) Jacksonville Jaguars - 214Dawg - CB Brandon Burton, Utah
6 (70) Tennessee Titans - NLR - QB Andy Dalton, TCU
7 (71) Dallas Cowboys - moon - DeAndre McDaniel S Clemson
8 (72) New Orleans Saints (from Washington) - Browns Lifer - OLB/DE Dontay Moch, Nevada
9 (73) Houston Texans - lamp/NLR - Jason Pinkston, OT/OG, Pitt
10 (74) New England Patriots (from Minnesota) - Clutch Ryan Williams rb Virginia tech
11 (75) Detroit Lions - ClayM57 Curtis Brown CB Texas
12 (76) San Francisco 49ers - 4yikes2yoshi0 - Daniel Thomas, RB KSU
13 (77) Cleveland Browns - hotbyoungturk - Jarvis Jenkins, DT Clemson
14 (78) St. Louis Rams - Heldawg - Drake Nevis, DT LSU
15 (79) Miami Dolphins - Delray85 - Randall Cobb, WR Kentucky
16 (80) Seattle Seahawks - clwb419 - Will Rackley, OL, Lehigh
17 (81) Oakland Raiders - Clutch - Johnny Patrick, CB Louisville
18 (82) San Diego Chargers - ChargerDawg - Marcus Gilchrist - CB Clemson
19 (83) New York Giants - PeteyDanger - Mason Foster - OLB - Washington
20 (84) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - vadawgfan07- John Moffit-OG- Wisconsin
21 (85) Philadelphia Eagles - Frenchy - Jaiquawn Jarrett, S, Temple
22 (86) Kansas City Chiefs - hiro - Greg Little, WR, North Carolina
23 (87) Indianapolis Colts - canadadawg Jerrell Powe, DT, Ole Miss
24 (88) New Orleans Saints - Browns Lifer - Greg Romeus, DE - Pitt
25 (89) San Diego Chargers - ChargerDawg- Jordan Todman RB U-Conn
26 (90) Baltimore Ravens - BradAzz - Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington
27 (91) Atlanta Falcons - Chinchilla7222 Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
28 (92) New England Patriots - Clutch- Joseph Barksdale OT LSU
29 (93) Chicago Bears - Punchsmack - Jurrell Casey - USC - DT
30 (94) New York Jets - PeteyDanger - Kenrick Ellis, NT Hampton
31 (95) Buffalo Bills - CleveSteve - Marcus Gilbert, OT Florida
32 (96) Buffalo Bills - CleveSteve - James Brewer, OT Indiana
33 (97) Carolina Panthers (Compensatory [NT]) - 214Dawg - D.J. Williams, TE Arkansas

Round 4

Pick (overall) Team
1 (98) Carolina Panthers - 214Dawg - Sione Fua, DT Stanford
2 (99) Arizona (from DEN via SEA via NE) - cfrs15 - Quan Strudivant, ILB, UNC
3 (100) Green Bay Packers (from BUF) - Buckeyed11 - Rashad Carmichael, CB, VT
4 (101) Cincinnati Bengals - CleveSteve - Tyler Sash, SS, Iowa
5 (102) Cleveland Browns - turk - Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian
6 (103) Arizona Cardinals - cfrs15 - Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State
7 (104) Philadelphia Eagles (from Washington) - Frenchy - Pernell McPhee, DE, Mississippi State
8 (105) Houston Texans - lamp/NLR - Ahmad Black, FS, Florida
9 (106) Pittsburgh Steelers (from MIN via BUF)- moon - OT Chris Hairston Clemson
10 (107) Detroit Lions - ClayM57.......Tandon Doss WR Indiana
11 (108) San Francisco 49ers - The mob - Deunta Williams S North Carolina
12 (109) Tennessee Titans - NLR - Vincent Brown, WR, SDSU
13 (110) Dallas Cowboys - moon - CB Shareece Wright
14 (111) Miami Dolphins - Delray85 - DeMarco Murray RB, Oklahoma
15 (112) St. Louis Rams - Heldawg - Greg Salas, WR Hawaii
16 (113) Oakland Raiders - Clutch- Jerrell Jernigan, WR, Troy
17 (114) Seattle Seahawks (from JAX) - clwb419 - Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State
18 (115) San Francisco 49ers (from San Diego) - the mob - Ian Williams, NT Notre Dame
19 (116) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - vadawgfan07-Jalil Brown CB,Colorado
20 (117) New York Giants - the mob - Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU
21 (118) Kansas City Chiefs - hiro - Dion Lewis, RB, Pitt
22 (119) Indianapolis Colts - the mob - S Robert Sands, WVU
23 (120) Washington Redskins- vadawgfan07- Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa
24 (121) Jacksonville Jaguars (from New Orleans) - 214dawg - Kelvin Sheppard, ILB, LSU
25 (122) Buffalo Bills (from Seattle) - CleveSteve - Colin McCarthy, ILB Miami

26 (123) Baltimore Ravens - BradAzz
27 (124) Atlanta Falcons - Chinchilla7222
28 (125) New England Patriots - Clutch
29 (126) New York Jets - clwb419
30 (127) Chicago Bears - Punchsmack
31 (128) Pittsburgh Steelers - the mob
32 (129) Chicago Bears (from GB) - Punchsmack
33 (130) Tennessee Titans (Compensatory) - NLR
34 (131) Green Bay Packers (Compensatory) - ClayM57

---
Pit also owns #133 (from BUF)
Seattle owns 136 (from AZ)
Cleveland owns 142 (5th round) from Titans
Philadelphia owns # 155 from Wash. and #169 (from BUF via Wash.)
Seattle owns 171 (from AZ)
Jacksonville owns 173 (from Seattle)
GB owns #206. (from BUF)
Buffalo owns #224 (from WAS)
Washington owns #120 (from Phi.)

CleveSteve
04-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Huge reach. Pray it doesn't happen. Another reason mocks stink. I'm comfortable saying that Mallett won't reach the 3rd round.

:bravo:

BTW.. When I traded down in the 2nd to pickup the extra 4th, then moved up two spots to take Brooks Reed ahead of who? Houston.

Oh, if only the Bills had read my thread. (And BTW, I would have picked Dareus if available... )