PDA

View Full Version : Enroth getting the start - Philly

trapezeus
04-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Paul Hamilton said enroth is playing tonight, miller on the bench

I like this. This has the ability to carry the least drama.

Sabres win with enroth, miller gets an easy clean up game vs the bluejackets to find his groove and get ready for playoffs.

Sabres lose, miller is called up to be a hero, and he typically responds well to high pressure games.

if they pull enroth tonight, and miller doesn't play well on first night back, then we have a controversy. Then enroth gets pressure on top of the team's pressure.

Cleve
04-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Is Miller milking this injury for all its worth? Or is his new girlfriend still too much of a distraction for him?

OpIv37
04-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Dammit.

Can't we catch a break, just once?

I swear this city used up 20 years of sports luck on that comeback game.

SabreEleven
04-08-2011, 12:04 PM
I think this is a good move. It's not like Enroth has been pulling a Lalime. I think this is the right call.

G Wolly
04-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Dammit.

Counting your chickens, eh?

Either you will be right and ***** about it and how much better Miller is.

Or

Enroth will pull out a win and you'll still ***** about how much better Miller is.

trapezeus
04-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Dammit.

i hope that's the case. then it means there is an actual end to the bills frustrations.

sabres are in the driver seat in these two games. i think they got this. last night put the rangers in the dangerous position. sabres just need 2 points in these two games to stay where they are at. not a gargantuan task.

OpIv37
04-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Counting your chickens, eh?

Either you will be right and ***** about it and how much better Miller is.

Or

Enroth will pull out a win and you'll still ***** about how much better Miller is.

look, we have to win one of the next two to guarantee playoffs. It would be much easier to win if we had our All-Star, Vezina-winning goaltender healthy. That's all I'm saying.

G Wolly
04-08-2011, 12:18 PM
It would be much easier to win if we had our All-Star, Vezina-winning goaltender healthy. That's all I'm saying.

That was last year.

Just saying.

JD
04-08-2011, 12:34 PM
That was last year.

Just saying.
Holy living in the past batman!

Hopefully you and I are a new breed of Buffalo fans in this young generation.

trapezeus
04-08-2011, 01:08 PM
look, we have to win one of the next two to guarantee playoffs. It would be much easier to win if we had our All-Star, Vezina-winning goaltender healthy. That's all I'm saying.

Past performance is not an indication of future performance.

Stats give you a basis to make some decisions when everything seems to fit within that statistical nature. If we are in an outlier position, we owe it to ourselves to throw out the data and say, "we're in a volatile time where the stats may not actually predict what is right going forward"

i think that's where the sabres are right now. they are playing well. not like a stanley cup team, but they've had the reigns on pretty tight by lindy. If he shows them he trusts them a little and just asks, "get the win", i feel like this team would respond to that.

Look at it in terms of poker. you can play the stats the whole time, but once you have had like one or two decent hands back to back, it usually feels like you got a short run to capitalize. and there is no rhyme or reason other than feeling it out.

You have to capitalize when the big swings happen. i think with the performance of the team and where they are in the season, you go with the gut.

OpIv37
04-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Past performance is not an indication of future performance.

And potential is not an indicator of future success either.

trapezeus
04-08-2011, 01:45 PM
we aren't talking about enroth's "potential" to be better or decent. he's proven to be decent in the most current set of sabres games. why tinker.

hopefully lindy and the sabres aren't a bunch of second guessing bafoons like the rest of us. hopefully they just see this for what it is. They are playing well, they need a point, they've been getting them and they've been getting them with just about every combination of player on the ice. No need to overthink this stuff. Healthy guys go in, injured guys come out, it'll change by this time tomorrow and hopefully we keep winning.

Philagape
04-08-2011, 03:57 PM

If scoring 40 goals once doesn't make Boyes a 40-goal scorer, then Miller is not a Vezina-winning goalie either, right?

trapezeus
04-08-2011, 04:13 PM
If scoring 40 goals once doesn't make Boyes a 40-goal scorer, then Miller is not a Vezina-winning goalie either, right?

that kind of is a checkmate post if i ever saw one. i'm assuming that philagape dropped the mic and ran over to his posse and high fived everyone.

Op, you're on the clock.

PTI
04-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Ride Miller. We should be in or out with him in these last two games if he is healthy to play.