PDA

View Full Version : Enroth or Miller?

bf1
04-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Who is better?

Please argue your point.

OpIv37
04-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Why are we even having this conversation at this point?

Miller is having a down year, but he also won the Vezina trophy, an Olympic silver and an Olympic MVP just last year. He went through two deep playoff runs with this team. He's not perfect and he does let in softies far too often for a goalie of his stature, but he's still one of the better goalies in the league and gives the team the best chance to win.

Enroth had two good weeks, with one really bad game peppered in there (the Caps game). People forget that his shutout against the Rangers came in a game where they only had 18 SOG and in a stretch where they only scored something like 5 goals in 6 games. While Enroth has shown a lot of promise, he's still untested and unproven.

Enroth has the potential. Miller has the track record.

bf1
04-08-2011, 12:33 PM
The line is drawn. Pick your side.

THATHURMANATOR
04-08-2011, 12:34 PM
No need to pick a side. We have two great goalies. Miller is 31 and doesn't have many great years left. Keep Miller the starter until the end of his contract then Enroth will be ready to assume control.

For the playoffs Miller for sure.

JD
04-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Better odds of winning down this stretch of games:

Last year: Miller

Today: Enroth

bf1
04-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Are you a Millerite or an Enroth Flake?

DMBcrew36
04-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Miller - it's not even a debate. Enroth's time will come.

elltrain22
04-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Enroth is a great prospect, and I'm glad he's on this team, but he hasn't proven much of anything so far. Sure, he's done well in Miller's absence, but he hasn't done so for an extended period of time, nor has he shown he can do it in the playoffs. Miller has won the Vezina, almost single-handedly won the gold medal in the olympics, and has performed w/ flying colors in pressure-type situations. Sorry, but its no contest.

trapezeus
04-08-2011, 01:41 PM
i voted enroth based on the circumstances today.

he's the hot hand, and if lindy is saying miller should sit, i'm guessing that it's that miller isn't at 100%. When have you known lindy to willingly sit his number 1. He sent biron back to the bench in 06, and biron was smoking hot. miller came back even better.

enroth is the only option tonight in my mind. he's got the rhythm right now, it's almost a must win, and miller going in cold and losing will create a whole lot of debate and amped up problems for an easier must win game against columbus.

This is a no brainer.

tampabay25690
04-08-2011, 01:48 PM
I feel comfortable with both in net.

Team plays a totally different style of play when Enroth is in net....

I like bot goalies but MILLER is the #1 goalie for the Buffalo Sabres....

kelly2reed4six
04-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Who is better?

Please argue your point.

Miller no doubt....

If you want to make a Boston-like run of last year or a Washington-like run of the previous year, than sure, go ahead and pick the rookie...you might as well write your ticket out of the playoffs now though.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh shoot, I think I took Enroth by mistake, it is Miller.

DMBcrew36
04-09-2011, 01:42 PM
i voted enroth based on the circumstances today.

he's the hot hand, and if lindy is saying miller should sit, i'm guessing that it's that miller isn't at 100%. When have you known lindy to willingly sit his number 1. He sent biron back to the bench in 06, and biron was smoking hot. miller came back even better.

enroth is the only option tonight in my mind. he's got the rhythm right now, it's almost a must win, and miller going in cold and losing will create a whole lot of debate and amped up problems for an easier must win game against columbus.

This is a no brainer.

Lindy didn't say "Miller should sit." He didn't bench him. Lindy is trying to find the best way to ease him back in. Having him play Columbus is a better way to ease him back in, then having him play Philly.

The original question was NOT - 'who plays tonight?' It was - 'who's better?', which is a dumb question because obviously overall Miller is better. The real question, and what I had in mind when I originally responded was, who is your guy when the playoffs begin?

So as with my previous post, I say, Miller - it isn't even a debate. He starts for me in Game 1 of Round 1.

Electrici
04-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Miller, no argument necessary!

Philagape
04-09-2011, 02:29 PM
This is not an issue.