PDA

View Full Version : Question about QBs

Mindbender
04-08-2011, 03:56 PM
I haven't seen much of McElroy's games but he seems like a smart kid who can throw the ball well. Didn't he have the highest completion percentage of all 2011 QBs? What's the critique on him?

Buffalo Thriller
04-08-2011, 04:06 PM
I have watched all of his games just about, I just dont think he has it to make an NFL starter. He will be a guy you want when your starter goes down.

tampabay25690
04-08-2011, 04:23 PM
I think Thriller called it.
I think he will make a good back up QB in the NFL.
Very smart.
He was very lucky to be on a very good team in Alabama where is protection was good, running game was great, and a pretty good down filed threat with Julio Jones.
Doesn't have the best of arms...Probably fit a west coast style offense.
Probably a 5-6th round pick IMO..

THATHURMANATOR
04-08-2011, 04:25 PM
The problem with mckelroy is he doesn't have talent...

psubills62
04-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah, he's more of a coach or backup type than starter.

TigerJ
04-08-2011, 06:29 PM
As with any evaluation of a QB there is a lot of guessing. I think McElroy's arm is very average or less. He played in a system that called for him to manage a game, which he did well. You can't know if he could adapt to a situation where he would need to put the offense on his shoulders and carry it, but he doesn't seem to have the gunslinger mentality that is often valued when your team is behind and you have to throw.

BertSquirtgum
04-08-2011, 09:24 PM
I have watched all of his games just about, I just dont think he has it to make an NFL starter. He will be a guy you want when your starter goes down.

ie: Ryan Fitzpatrick