PDA

View Full Version : rank the biggest need

NOT THE DUDE...
04-08-2011, 11:08 PM
wait for poll....

Figster
04-09-2011, 12:24 AM
We have a career backup starting at the QB position for the Bills in Ryan Fitzpatrick, and the backup up for our backup, Levi Brown? The Bills Offense ranked 29th in TOP, 25th in total yards and 28th in points per game

Anybody that thinks we can ignore the QB position is :beers: to much brewski

BertSquirtgum
04-09-2011, 01:14 AM
We have a career backup starting at the QB position for the Bills in Ryan Fitzpatrick, and the backup up for our backup, Levi Brown? The Bills Offense ranked 29th in TOP, 25th in total yards and 28th in points per game
i'm guessing you were the first one who voted that qb is the biggest need. that's dumb. the Bills scored enough of points in plenty of games to win last year. the defense not being able to stop the run was the reason for the 4-12 record. qb is NOT the biggest need. anybody who thinks it is, is bonkers. :crazy:

Joe Fo Sho
04-09-2011, 01:25 AM
i'm guessing you were the first one who voted that qb is the biggest need. that's dumb. the Bills scored enough of points in plenty of games to win last year. the defense not being able to stop the run was the reason for the 4-12 record. qb is NOT the biggest need. anybody who thinks it is, is bonkers. :crazy:

^

Dujek
04-09-2011, 02:28 AM

If you take out the games Edwards played the figures are much, much better in points scored, yards per game and points per game. QB is nowhere near the biggest need on this team.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-09-2011, 02:49 AM
While Id love to draft the next Manning, Brees, or Brady I just dont see a QB thats a must get. Its time to build a Dline that can rush the passer and stop the run. Let Fitzs play this year if he struggles then do whatever it takes to get Luck next year.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-09-2011, 03:23 AM
If they take von miller, that means they love carrington and they will bring in a 34de free agent to backup along with take a 34 de in the 3-5 rds

tampabay25690
04-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Well this is tuff....
I think it all depends what the bills are going to run on defense.........
I voted ILB...But this pick will not be made at the #3 spot.
We need help all across this team........

I like are DL guys but we need more depth there.
We need another impact DE, DT to rotate with the guys we have now.
I think Carrington and Troup will be much better this year and have good years.
OLB, is another spot. Who knows what Merriman is going to do.....But you still want to add to the depth of this team.
TE, I think this is a huge need.....Blocking/Catching TE that can work in and out with Shawn Nelson........
QB, lets face it we only have FITZ and a future 2nd and 3rd stringer for his career in Levi brown.
CB/S help.......
OT would be nice to get a young guy push for the RT job.....
Any pick we make in the 1st and 2nd will help this team.....

This team will be built by the draft, so any picks we make will be huge for the future of this team.......I like the direction......

SABURZFAN
04-09-2011, 09:56 AM
wait for poll....

:lolabove:

Figster
04-09-2011, 10:21 AM

You guys must love the 2000 Bills, #3 in the league in defense. 8 - 8.

The 2003 Bills must be one of your favorites too, #3 again in defense, the Bills went 6 - 10

Ignoring the most important position on the football team is not a very intelligent thing to do in my opinion.

The Bills ranked 29 in TOP, 28th in points scored and the only reason Buffalo had an Offense that even resembled an NFL offense is the superb coaching abilities of Chan Gailey.

Buddy Nix will not ignore the QB position, you can take that to the bank...

Added: Gruden gives thumbs up on Newton http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6491/cam-newton

BertSquirtgum
04-09-2011, 12:08 PM
the question was.....what is the biggest need on this team? is QB the biggest need? Not in my opinion.

Figster
04-09-2011, 12:53 PM
the question was.....what is the biggest need on this team? is QB the biggest need? Not in my opinion.

When QB is the most important position on the team and we have a backup caliber signal caller starting and no one to back him up, I believe it is the most important position to address.

Especially If you think there's a franchise signal caller available.

What have the bills been lacking over the last 10 or so years? I just pointed out Buffalo had a good defense a few times and it still resulted in missing the playoffs.

Dujek
04-09-2011, 02:37 PM
You guys must love the 2000 Bills, #3 in the league in defense. 8 - 8.

The 2003 Bills must be one of your favorites too, #3 again in defense, the Bills went 6 - 10

Ignoring the most important position on the football team is not a very intelligent thing to do in my opinion.

The Bills ranked 29 in TOP, 28th in points scored and the only reason Buffalo had an Offense that even resembled an NFL offense is the superb coaching abilities of Chan Gailey.

Buddy Nix will not ignore the QB position, you can take that to the bank...

Again, those stats include the games with Edwards playing. With Fitz playing the Bills were closer to the middle of the pack, and in some cases in the top 10 in offensive stats. Nobody's saying he's the next Jim Kelly, but he's good enough to be a solid starter in the NFL, and there's **** all worth taking ahead of him in this draft. And again, the question was about biggest need, currently Fitz would start on half the teams in the NFL, none of our OLBs would get near the roster in most other teams.

FlyingDutchman
04-09-2011, 02:42 PM
9 games of 34 points or more scored on us...a QB should fix that right?

Figster
04-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Again, those stats include the games with Edwards playing. With Fitz playing the Bills were closer to the middle of the pack, and in some cases in the top 10 in offensive stats. Nobody's saying he's the next Jim Kelly, but he's good enough to be a solid starter in the NFL, and there's **** all worth taking ahead of him in this draft. And again, the question was about biggest need, currently Fitz would start on half the teams in the NFL, none of our OLBs would get near the roster in most other teams.
Speculation on your part, myself personally, I doubt Fitzpatrick would get much If any attention in FA, at least not in a starting role.

The guy has practically thrown as many INT's as games played and Fitz fumbles the ball on a regular basis. Sub par accuracy and fumbling issues are not good traits to have as a QB in the NFL.

FlyingDutchman
04-09-2011, 03:08 PM
dog, is QB a need? Absolutely. Is it the biggest need on the team right now? Absolutely not, I dont see how anyone can say otherwise

Figster
04-09-2011, 03:13 PM
dog, is QB a need? Absolutely. Is it the biggest need on the team right now? Absolutely not, I dont see how anyone can say otherwise
Buddy Nix is probably going to draft a signal caller in the 1st, so are you going to call him wrong?

Good grief, we don't even have a decent backup right now and our backup is starting.

FlyingDutchman
04-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Buddy Nix is probably going to draft a signal caller in the 1st, so are you going to call him wrong?

Good grief, we don't even have a decent backup right now and our backup is starting.

Ill bet you anything we dont take a QB in the first. Anything. So will you call him wrong?

FlyingDutchman
04-09-2011, 03:30 PM
And good grief is right. Dead last against the rush, almost dead last in sacks, 9 games of 34 POINTS or MORE scored on us and you think QB is the biggest need....if that doesnt scream where we need to concentrate then I dont know what to tell you

Figster
04-09-2011, 04:05 PM
And good grief is right. Dead last against the rush, almost dead last in sacks, 9 games of 34 POINTS or MORE scored on us and you think QB is the biggest need....if that doesnt scream where we need to concentrate then I dont know what to tell you

The defense can be addressed throughout the entire draft, with only a couple of good signal callers to choose from, a QB cannot.

Figster
04-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Ill bet you anything we dont take a QB in the first. Anything. So will you call him wrong?

All in with my zonebucks If you're willing to match me.

FlyingDutchman
04-09-2011, 04:28 PM
All in with my zonebucks If you're willing to match me.

deal....even though i dont use these things

Figster
04-09-2011, 04:32 PM

lol, same here , but the last time I made a $100 bet (real money) on a football forum the loser slithered away into the night like the snake he was (pushthepile on TSW)

Deal...

Danny Duberstein
04-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Either DE or ILB

BertSquirtgum
04-09-2011, 06:13 PM

i'll make use out of 10 g's if you're not going to use them.

FlyingDutchman
04-09-2011, 10:59 PM
i'll make use out of 10 g's if you're not going to use them.

yeah bro i got you doesnt matter to me. i dont know how to send them though, i know how to get to the donate part but where do i put your name in?

FlyingDutchman
04-10-2011, 12:11 AM
figured it out. merry christmas

madness
04-10-2011, 03:43 PM
NT