PDA

View Full Version : You be the GM...

DraftBoy
04-09-2011, 12:08 PM
You're the Bills GM and you're on the clock. The first two picks have gone as expected.

1. Carolina-QB Cam Newton
2. Denver-DT Marcel Dareus

You're discussing your pick when the phone rings. Its the Patriots looking to move up, they are willing to trade you the #17 pick, and #28 pick for your #3.

You're choices;
1. Take the trade
2. Make the pick (Name your pick in a post below)

You're the GM, what do you do?

THRILLHO
04-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Tempting offer, but Blaine is available. And he is my selection.

Plus, no one likes to trade with the Patriots!

Ginger Vitis
04-09-2011, 12:17 PM
The Pats aren't offering enough for me to make that trade..I stay @3 and pick Robert Quinn

Mike
04-09-2011, 12:41 PM
I would want at least one of their 2nd rounders as well.
They could take Peterson, or Miller etc...

But for 17, 28, & 2nd Rounder its a done deal.

Ginger Vitis
04-09-2011, 12:45 PM

I agree.. And they would have to give me the 2nd Round pick that they got from Carolina the 33rd pick

Bills Juggernaut
04-09-2011, 12:46 PM
I take it.

With the two picks I take the best 3-4 de on the board and then with 28 I take the best ot on the board.

2nd round I go either best ilb or Kyle Rudolph.

ParanoidAndroid
04-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Patrick Peterson... no way do i give the pats a top 5 pick.

SquishDaFish
04-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Not the Pats no way. I take Peterson or Fairley

Night Train
04-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Take the trade

1a - DE Aldon Smith Mizzou
1b - OT Derek Sherrod Miss St.

If no phone rings - Cam Jordan

DraftBoy
04-09-2011, 02:15 PM

Sorry not an option.

Dr. Lecter
04-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Based on the draft chart (for whatever that is worth), the value is not there.

2200 for #3, 950 for #17 and 660 for #28. (A total of 1610).

I stay and take Von Miller.

Dujek
04-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Based on the draft chart (for whatever that is worth), the value is not there.

2200 for #3, 950 for #17 and 660 for #28. (A total of 1610).

I stay and take Von Miller.

Agreed, stay and take Miller.

wmoz11
04-09-2011, 02:49 PM
If the Patriots offered it, it's likely they think they're boning us (and they probably are). I'm taking the pick at #3 and selecting Blaine Gabbert - Mizzou.

Joe Fo Sho
04-09-2011, 03:43 PM
**** New England. I don't care what they're offering, I never take a trade with them to better their team.

I'll take Miller.

MJones83
04-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Pick at #3. I say Patrick Peterson or Nick Fairly. I have seen a lot of people say "oh no, not another DB. It’s not a big need." Well I say bull crap. McGee can’t stay health and is nearing the end of his career, McKelvin is inconsistent, and Florence is going to test the market and really can't play man to man coverage too well. I say DB is a bigger need than LB with the first pick in the draft especially since there is no free agency at the moment. We have Moats who was playing well at the end of the season and if Merriman can stay healthy(and I think he might be able to) I think he can return to form and be a force for us for the next 4-6 years. Fairly we could stick in right away to be a 3 down defensive end from the get go. He would provide instant pass rush capabilities and be a force in run coverage. I know he has some red flags and he might have flopped under Old Dickie but under Gailey I think he would do just fine.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

djjimkelly
04-09-2011, 04:21 PM
pick mainly because its the pats they already robbed us with bledsoe i wouldnt some stud to kill us from the 3rd pick for the next however many years

Novacane
04-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I stay and take Miller also.

Danny Duberstein
04-09-2011, 05:17 PM
With the 3rd pick of the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Nick Fairley, Defensive Tackle, Auburn.

T-Long
04-09-2011, 05:18 PM
No trading within the division....I'm not a fan of helping Belichick land a top 3 player, then watch that player dominate us for the next ten years.

X-Era
04-09-2011, 05:19 PM
You're the Bills GM and you're on the clock. The first two picks have gone as expected.

You're discussing your pick when the phone rings. Its the Patriots looking to move up, they are willing to trade you the #17 pick, and #28 pick for your #3.

You're choices;
1. Take the trade

You're the GM, what do you do?I voted trade because it's outstanding value and IMO more than what's realistic. However, if I play along I would take the trade.

I think you could see possibly Gabe Carimi (at 17) and Corey Liuget (at 28). be available if we took that.

But if it was just a 1st and 2nd, I would stay and take Gabbert.

Danny Duberstein
04-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Pick at #3. I say Patrick Peterson or Nick Fairly. I have seen a lot of people say "oh no, not another DB. It’s not a big need." Well I say bull crap. McGee can’t stay health and is nearing the end of his career, McKelvin is inconsistent, and Florence is going to test the market and really can't play man to man coverage too well. I say DB is a bigger need than LB with the first pick in the draft especially since there is no free agency at the moment. We have Moats who was playing well at the end of the season and if Merriman can stay healthy(and I think he might be able to) I think he can return to form and be a force for us for the next 4-6 years. Fairly we could stick in right away to be a 3 down defensive end from the get go. He would provide instant pass rush capabilities and be a force in run coverage. I know he has some red flags and he might have flopped under Old Dickie but under Gailey I think he would do just fine.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

As much as the thought of drafting another DB disgusts me, I can agree that it is actually a big need.

But I'm not about to make Peterson the earliest-drafted CB ever. Especially when our DLine stinks. We have nobody to get pressure on the QB. It won't matter who our CB's are when the QB has all day to throw.

Unless Nix is sold on one of the QB's (I'm not), the pick at 3 has to be either Dareus, Fairley or Quinn. You gotta start with the trenches.

BertSquirtgum
04-09-2011, 06:19 PM
i would consider the trade but then come back with the added 2nd rounder and if they turned it down i would draft patrick peterson.

Prov401
04-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Take the pick.

Then select the best player in the draft (Peterson).

Yasgur's Farm
04-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I need both 2nd's as well or I'm picking.

paranoid
04-09-2011, 07:04 PM
I would not trade with NE or any other interdivision rival. Bring in Fairley to bring some nasty and penetration to the front seven.

JCBills
04-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Pick at #3. I say Patrick Peterson or Nick Fairly. I have seen a lot of people say "oh no, not another DB. It’s not a big need." Well I say bull crap. McGee can’t stay health and is nearing the end of his career, McKelvin is inconsistent, and Florence is going to test the market and really can't play man to man coverage too well. I say DB is a bigger need than LB with the first pick in the draft especially since there is no free agency at the moment. We have Moats who was playing well at the end of the season and if Merriman can stay healthy(and I think he might be able to) I think he can return to form and be a force for us for the next 4-6 years. Fairly we could stick in right away to be a 3 down defensive end from the get go. He would provide instant pass rush capabilities and be a force in run coverage. I know he has some red flags and he might have flopped under Old Dickie but under Gailey I think he would do just fine.<o:p></o:p>

LB is a much bigger need than DB. A good pass rush makes the entire secondary better.

cookie G
04-09-2011, 07:22 PM

Mr. Jauron, you were fired more than a season ago. Its time to move on. Aren't you a DB coach somewhere?

Luisito23
04-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah, anyone but the Patriots..or anyone in our division.

psubills62
04-09-2011, 07:57 PM
I would only consider it because after Dareus, I don't like the options at #3. However, they haven't offered enough, and as others have said - it's too risky to give a good deal to a division opponent. They'd have to offer a lot more - like a second rounder (the one right before us), or a future first rounder.

HopefulBillsFan
04-09-2011, 09:57 PM
easy. take PETERSON.

Extremebillsfan247
04-10-2011, 01:00 AM
I'd roll the dice on Von Miller. Regardless of height and weight, this guy is a consistent sack machine. That is probably as close to level of importance for a LB as there is next to defending the run, the ability to be consistently disruptive in the opposition's backfield. That is what C. Mathews brought to the Packers last year. We could use that kind of potential here. JMO Your less likely to find a guy with Miller's potential by trading out of number 3. So, I wouldn't trade out at all.

kingJofNYC
04-10-2011, 01:42 AM
I'd make the trade. 3 players in the top 34.

Pats may get a superstar, they may get a bust, the guy could get hit by a bus on the way to practice, nothing is set in stone.

All I know, is that this team needs talent, more picks more talent. Maybe we hit on all 3, or 2 out 3, or none.

I'll take my chances with 3 players in the top 34 than just two, even if I have to deal with the Pats. Team would have 5 picks in the top 100. Realistically I'd try to get another pick out of the Pats, but man I'd love two first round choices along with our 2nd.

Buddo
04-10-2011, 03:20 AM
Take the pick. Nowhere near enough is being offered to get to 3 - to the extent that it's a piss take. Sorry, but for all there might be value in getting the extra 1st rounder to help address needs, I'm not doing that deal - especially not with a division rival.
With the pick, I'd probably take Von Miller, but would also consider other options, namely Fairley etc. on the defensive side of things. I think Gabbert is intriguing, but am not sold on him, so would pass there.

sam5767
04-10-2011, 07:35 AM
I would not make that trade based on it not being enough value for us...based on this link:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Think of it this way....they would be giving us two 1st rounders for #3...but in reality, all we are doing in that scenario is swapping #3 for #17 and they are throwing in #28...umm...no thanks!

I would say Pats would have to throw in at least one of their 2nd rounders ....which, knowing Bellychump, he wouldn't do...so I'd go with whoever Nix has rated highest in his little black book

tampabay25690
04-10-2011, 07:41 AM

You're choices;
1. Take the trade

IMO the Bills will think very hard about patrick Peterson, Von Miller.
We all know this team needs players and I would make the trade and pick up 2 players in the 1st and swap with New England.

Make that trade....

alohabillsfan
04-10-2011, 09:01 AM
You guys, wow, talk about getting raped in a trade! 17 and 28 in a trade and you would take it! Im glad your not the bills GM, I would be furious if they made that trade. Hell NE would then trade out of the 3 spot for a mid 1st round pick and a 1st next year! Idiots!If your gonna make the trade you need equal or better value!

Akhippo
04-10-2011, 01:25 PM
No trade. They would have to throw in the first pick of the second as well.

If we got:
JJ Watt or Cam Jordan
Phil Taylor
Kyle Rudolph
Martez Wilson

and the pats only got V Miller; I would be satisfied. 4 "potential" starters on a team devoid of talent is huge.

MJones83
04-10-2011, 09:56 PM
"LB is a much bigger need than DB. A good pass rush makes the entire secondary better."<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Even a great pass rush isn't going to get to the qb every time and I don't feel comfortable with the DBs we have. McGee is on his last legs and is going to start getting burned a lot more, McKelvin still looks lost at times, and I don't want Florence lining up against the league’s top WRs ever. You may not think so but I think we got our starters in Merriman and Moats. If Merriman can stay healthy we have two young olbs that could start for years to come. What do you do with Von Miller then? The only LB position I am worried about in this draft is ILB. We need someone next to POZ that can actually help in run coverage or cover the TE. If you want help with the pass rush you pick Fairly, the dude just dominates. I like Newton a lot but Fairly is the one who carried them in the BCS championship. Fairly was all over Oregon's Qb. And the dude does pretty well against the run too.<o:p></o:p>

"Mr. Jauron, you were fired more than a season ago. It’s time to move on. Aren't you a DB coach somewhere?"<o:p></o:p>

Not quite. He has been coaching about two years less than I have been alive. Also he is the Cleveland Browns(poor basterds) defensive coordinator.

Hey I don't like the idea of drafting another DB in the first round either but at pick three we have the best DB in the draft available to us and if our coaching staff thinks that Fairly is too much of a risk you have to take Peterson. I like Troup, he has been working his ass off this offseason and I think he will have a breakout year against the run, And if Edwards can stay healthy, I think a line of Edwards-Troup-Carrington(Willams at NT in passing situations and rotate in at DE agianst the run that way he still sees the field on more than half the plays. I think he could do it.) will do a lot better this year against the run. Like I said if Merriman can stay healthy we have our starting outside rushers and Miller is a waste of a pick.<o:p></o:p>

DraftBoy
04-11-2011, 07:25 AM
I take the trade and here's why;

While many of you are sold on Von Miller, Im simply not. I dont know if he'll translate and I realize Im in the minority here. However my mentality coming into this draft has been quite clear. Build the lines. Picks 17 and 28 allow you to do that.

You go DE at 17 with whoever is left of Jordan, Watt, Liuget, and Wilkerson.

Go OT at 28 with Sherrod, Carimi, or Castonzo.

Then in Round 2 you can go OLB (Ayers), or QB (Ponder/Locker/Mallett).

Build the lines.

ddaryl
04-11-2011, 08:28 AM
because its the Pats I would hold off for a little sweetener.. Like an extra 3rd rd in 2012

but as the trade stands I would tell the Pats no.

any other team and I would think harder about the trade, but in division requires a little more Sweetener.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Yeah, right. Like the Pats would EVER give up more draft picks than they get. DraftBoy, you should know better than to think the Pats would even consider putting this trade scenario out there. They're pick hoarders.

As for the pick... best D-lineman available, and at this point it looks like Nick Fairley.

Akhippo
04-11-2011, 11:32 AM
The Pats first three picks are, for what its worth, worth 2190.
The Bills pick is 2200.
You start with that as a trade. Nothing less. Unless you want to go future picks.

For one extra late rounder, no deal.

DraftBoy
04-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah, right. Like the Pats would EVER give up more draft picks than they get. DraftBoy, you should know better than to think the Pats would even consider putting this trade scenario out there. They're pick hoarders.

As for the pick... best D-lineman available, and at this point it looks like Nick Fairley.

They've done it before. Check their history.

SABURZFAN
04-12-2011, 04:16 PM

You're choices;
1. Take the trade

i keep the pick. i need more for the#3 overall pick.