PDA

View Full Version : Do you want him? What Price?

acehole
04-10-2011, 10:12 AM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/what_trade_value_does_tim_tebow_have/4472340

What Trade Value Does Tim Tebow Have?
March 30, 2011 By Justin Leave a Comment
If the Broncos are looking to trade Tim Tebow before the draft, what trade value does he have on the open market? He is still very raw and is no where near being an elite quarterback in the NFL.
It’s very clear the Broncos overplayed for Tebow last season when they traded away their 2nd, 3rd and 5th round pick to the Ravens to jump back into the 1st round to pick Tebow. If the Broncos decide that Tebow is not the QB of the future they won’t get anything in return to match what they gave up. It was one of the dumbest trades I have seen an NFL team make and Josh McDaniels didn’t even last the season in Denver.
The Broncos need picks to bolster a roster that was destroyed by Josh McDaniels. If the Broncos can get a 3rd or 4th round pick for Tebow and they are absolutely sure that he is not the quarterback of the future, they would have no choice but to pull the trigger.
The Broncos already have Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn on the roster, both of whom are quarterbacks. The new Bronco management is not in love with Tebow, so the chances of him being traded are high.
The team that makes the most sense to trade for Tebow is the Jacksonville Jaguars. Tebow is from Jacksonville and is an icon in the area. This would be a great PR move by the Jaguars to get people in the seats. The Jaguars are the only team that would be smart to give up a 2nd round pick for Tebow’s services.
The Broncos have a long way to go to fix a roster that lacks talent. If any of the 32 teams offer a trade for Tebow the Broncos have no choice but to listen, but they have to realize that Tebow was picked way to high and that they can’t expect anything near to what they gave up for him.

BertSquirtgum
04-10-2011, 10:38 AM
he's worthless

YardRat
04-10-2011, 10:41 AM
No.

mrbojanglezs
04-10-2011, 10:49 AM
I don't want him, but I put 5th just because there was no I don't want him option

Buddo
04-10-2011, 11:04 AM
No CBA = No player trades = No value whatsoever.

Even if there was a CBA in place prior to the draft, which is extremely unlikely, I wouldn't touch him with yours.

OpIv37
04-10-2011, 11:55 AM
I dont want him at all, period.

If he were a FA and only wanted league min, I still wouldn't sign him.

djjimkelly
04-10-2011, 11:57 AM
in the end we want an aaron rodgers type tebow or newton dont fit that mold and yes i had to point out newton again

tampabay25690
04-10-2011, 02:04 PM
WOW
Yea I want him....
I would have a TEBOW jersey tomrrow.......
I will tell you that Buffalo was the other team that wanted Tebow bad. If the Bills can work it out I think they will try......
Maybe for a pick next year or 2 and we get Tebow......

acehole
04-10-2011, 02:31 PM
WOW
Yea I want him....
I would have a TEBOW jersey tomrrow.......
I will tell you that Buffalo was the other team that wanted Tebow bad. If the Bills can work it out I think they will try......
Maybe for a pick next year or 2 and we get Tebow......

I would like him at right price. Anybody we pick in this draft(QB) has to wait a year at least to start. Taking a late round flyer on him will allow us go go defense in the first few rounds and solidifying a very bad run defense and pass rush defense. Tebow is a tough football player...this system is not a qb heavy system...hand off jackson hand off spiller....quick slant first down ...repeat. He can run with it and has intangibles we haven't seen since flutie....I am saying if we draft defense early in one two and three...pass rush run stop secondary...a fourth round pic..is not a bad place to get a back up qb and a potential Franchise QB. What better fourth or fifth round qb is this draft that would be better?...We are going to pay a boat load for newton/gabbart? Why? We don't know what we are getting....just my take.

acehole
04-10-2011, 02:33 PM
No CBA = No player trades = No value whatsoever.

Even if there was a CBA in place prior to the draft, which is extremely unlikely, I wouldn't touch him with yours.

OK but this would be assuming that we could so try and keep up?

But ok u don't want him...and that is cool...that what I wanted to know.

Ebenezer
04-10-2011, 03:19 PM
I'd send Denver a 7th just to ensure a thread like this never gets started again.

Bufftp
04-10-2011, 05:55 PM
no

Night Train
04-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Never

We need a future QB... & the team 'Motivational Speaker/ Minister' slot is filled at a far lower salary.

Billz_fan
04-10-2011, 09:26 PM
I would love him in a Bills uni.

Extremebillsfan247
04-11-2011, 05:46 AM
He's a former first rounder regardless of what anyone thinks of him. Therefore, he needs to be held to the same standard that other former first rounders have been held to. If he didn't work out in Denver, chances are that he wouldn't do much better in Buffalo. I wouldn't waste the time, nor any draft pick on him for that reason alone. I did not participate in the poll since there was not an option up there that suits my opinion of what I would be willing to give up in order to bring him to Buffalo which is nothing. JMO

Jeff1220
04-11-2011, 06:24 AM
I'd definitely do it for a 4. Maybe for a 3.

malvado78
04-11-2011, 09:50 AM
He's a former first rounder regardless of what anyone thinks of him. Therefore, he needs to be held to the same standard that other former first rounders have been held to. If he didn't work out in Denver, chances are that he wouldn't do much better in Buffalo. I wouldn't waste the time, nor any draft pick on him for that reason alone. I did not participate in the poll since there was not an option up there that suits my opinion of what I would be willing to give up in order to bring him to Buffalo which is nothing. JMO
Stats from last year...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24000

2 games started.

1st: 308 yds 1TD 1INT 27 yds rush
2nd: 205 yds 2TD 2INT 94 yds rush

HOW DOES THIS EQUATE TO "DID NOT WORK OUT IN DENVER"?????

It is Tebow's fault for getting overdrafted into a BAD BAD managements situation with that idiot out of Belicheats lineage? He may end up an OK coach one day but he has to learn when and how to deal with his own EGO.

Kid need more time and more work (which he will work HARDER than many in the upcoming draft).

I say deal a third and bring him in!

Gailey can work with him all year behind Fitz. We can draft all D. I next year they think he needs some Comp you draft another QB.

Raptor
04-11-2011, 10:04 AM
nope

justasportsfan
04-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I would rather risk having him than Cam. If People think that Cam can sell Jerseys or put the bills on the map, so can Tebow. One things for sure, he will outwork and outdo Cam when it comes to doing what needs to be done to succeed.

The last buffalo fan
04-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Bring the T:bow:

justasportsfan
04-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Bring the T:bow:

Nenita, no quiero Tequilla

acehole
04-11-2011, 10:59 AM
I would rather risk having him than Cam. If People think that Cam can sell Jerseys or put the bills on the map, so can Tebow. One things for sure, he will outwork and outdo Cam when it comes to doing what needs to be done to succeed.

Yea low risk high reward...B Brom will not be back...we need a back up qb we could do worse..... Fitz is starting no mater who we draft people....I say go defense in first 3 or 4 rounds...shore that up...a fifth people? You don't think a fifth?

Question:

are the people that dont want Tebow...also people that want gabbert/newton?

Or No to all the said mentioned qb's?

Curious..

psubills62
04-11-2011, 11:05 AM
I'd be willing to switch first round picks for Tebow.

PTI
04-11-2011, 12:33 PM
I would trade a 2nd for him and let him start.

justasportsfan
04-11-2011, 12:37 PM

NIce

Mindbender
04-11-2011, 01:00 PM

haha! Well played.

THATHURMANATOR
04-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Don't want him at all.

ublinkwescore
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Never

We need a future QB... & the team 'Motivational Speaker/ Minister' slot is filled at a far lower salary.

just out of curiosity, who would that be?

ublinkwescore
04-11-2011, 05:48 PM
I'd take a flyer on him for a 4th. so far (yeah, I know, it's only been 2 games) he's worth 314 yards of offense per game just by himself - now if he could only get his TD/INT ratio down from 1/1.

tampabay25690
04-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Just curious why NO one wants him???

BertSquirtgum
04-11-2011, 10:31 PM
just out of curiosity, who would that be?

chris kelsay. that's why buddy paid him that contract. he's a very costly preacher.

SABURZFAN
04-23-2011, 11:03 AM
I'd send Denver a 7th just to ensure a thread like this never gets started again.

leave it to the Tebow-loving homos to start useless threads. :down:

Extremebillsfan247
04-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Stats from last year...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24000

2 games started.

1st: 308 yds 1TD 1INT 27 yds rush
2nd: 205 yds 2TD 2INT 94 yds rush

HOW DOES THIS EQUATE TO "DID NOT WORK OUT IN DENVER"?????

It is Tebow's fault for getting overdrafted into a BAD BAD managements situation with that idiot out of Belicheats lineage? He may end up an OK coach one day but he has to learn when and how to deal with his own EGO.

Kid need more time and more work (which he will work HARDER than many in the upcoming draft).

I say deal a third and bring him in!

Gailey can work with him all year behind Fitz. We can draft all D. I next year they think he needs some Comp you draft another QB. If all he needs is more time, why would Denver offer him up? It makes no sense.

ublinkwescore
04-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Maybe John Elway doesn't want him to break any of his records while donning a Broncos Jersey. :idunno:

TigerJ
04-25-2011, 12:15 AM
I'd sign him as a free agent if I needed a 4th QB for training camp. You need the 4th arm anyway, and who knows, he might be able to show he's picking up the concept of an NFL offense and will eventually be able to step in and play.

Mike13
04-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Conisdering that hat he hasnt proven a damn thing in the NFL I'd be shocked if NFL teams would give up a 7th.

OpIv37
04-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Yea low risk high reward...B Brom will not be back...we need a back up qb we could do worse..... Fitz is starting no mater who we draft people....I say go defense in first 3 or 4 rounds...shore that up...a fifth people? You don't think a fifth?

Question:

are the people that dont want Tebow...also people that want gabbert/newton?

Or No to all the said mentioned qb's?

Curious..

Put me down as "No" to all of the above.

I didn't want Tebow last year, and I don't want him this year. I don't want any of this year's QB's for largely the same reason: the price to get them is too high and not worth the risk.

Look, pretty much all of us agree that we need an upgrade over Fitzpatrick, although there is certainly disagreement over how urgent that need is. The way I see it is that Fitzpatrick is serviceable. There are plenty of other positions where we don't even have serviceable players, and most of those positions come with a lot less risk than drafting a QB. At the end of the day, Buffalo's need for a QB doesn't necessarily make the right one available.

Even if we do get Tebow, it's like a slightly better version of the Brohm situation. It's low risk, but that low risk comes with a low chance of reward. We won't know if Tebow is good for at least a year or two, and in the meantime we may pass on a better QB because we are waiting on Tebow. No thanks.

trapezeus
04-25-2011, 08:59 AM
hilarious thread and set of responses, if you ask me.

if someone had the time to look up last year's threads about drafting tebow, it was a 50/50 split. now, one year later with one mediocre start, it's a resounding no.

I would think this is a pretty forward pointing thread of what the cam newton experiment would be. if i can remember next year, i'm going to post, "should we trade for cam newton" and see if in one year, the board's sentiment goes from "he could be the one" to "never ever would I touch Cam Newton"

acehole
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Well yea....the thing that stays with me is Cam, Blane and Tebow have not really proven anything in the nfl..Yet ....some of us want to give a #1 for the two aforementioned and not a fifth or sixth for Tebow. OR worse yet a 2nd round QB. Any qb we pick has to wait. As Op said Fitz is serviceable but not the future...I would rather shore up a bad Defense.with this draft..and give these olinmen another year in system and get a good core and skill players around a future young qb...then put a young qb in a situation where he "Has" to win it for us all the ...where the offense takes the field from a "Catch up" situation then our d holding up. This is the way great teams are built.....we always draft a qb and say... excuse me can you save a franchise for us...can you win games for us on your back alone?? I for one am tired of this losing approach.

time.
hilarious thread and set of responses, if you ask me.

if someone had the time to look up last year's threads about drafting tebow, it was a 50/50 split. now, one year later with one mediocre start, it's a resounding no.

I would think this is a pretty forward pointing thread of what the cam newton experiment would be. if i can remember next year, i'm going to post, "should we trade for cam newton" and see if in one year, the board's sentiment goes from "he could be the one" to "never ever would I touch Cam Newton"

Mr. Miyagi
04-25-2011, 12:08 PM
I like Tebow. I'd give up a 3rd rounder for him.